Extrapolationless server

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Extrapolationless server

Postby Jowy_ » October 13th, 2021, 6:49 pm

Is it possible to detect players' extrapolation in a VPS server? I literally don't know anything about how to create and manage one, but if it was possible to do that, I would give my best to try.
My goal would be to forbid extrapolation in the server, either players' extra value gets set to 0 automatically, or if a higher value is present, a kick occurs. I've heard somewhere that it may not be impossible and it would be similar to how the kickrate limit works. Another hypothesis was that if players' extra value was different from the host's game-min.js, a desync would occur, or something along those lines.
I know it is still hackable by hardcoding via custom js, but at least not many know how to do it yet.
Please, for the sake of old times, fun, and a fairer game, we must find a way to forbid this cancerous command...
  • 0

Jowy_
 
Posts: 11
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 0

Joined: October 13th, 2021, 6:47 pm


Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Punisher » October 14th, 2021, 3:32 pm

bro even me, who has 280hz 1ms monitor and 0.1ms mechanical keyboard can't play good with 0 extrapolation... you think someone with 60hz, 75hz, 144hz can play with 0 extrapolation? you gotta be delusional for this request. the maximum should be 50ms in my opinion btw. no one has more than 50ms input lag in reality. so basically, we don't need more than 50ms and minus than 0.

if i want i can play with 0 extra actually, its not so hard for me but, not everyone is like me c(:

look people who -rep's me.. all extrapolation dogs... veil, amp and more on coming soon :joker: :joker: :joker: clowns
  • -18

Last edited by Punisher on October 14th, 2021, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Punisher
 
Posts: 28
News Articles: 0
Reputation: -11

Joined: December 24th, 2020, 9:39 pm

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Hannes » October 14th, 2021, 3:56 pm

Punisher wrote:... you think someone with 60hz, 75hz, 144hz can play with 0 extrapolation?

yes
  • 14

Hannes
 
Posts: 1048
News Articles: 21
Betting Coins: 4181
Reputation: 598

Joined: September 9th, 2012, 11:00 pm

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Jowy_ » October 14th, 2021, 4:05 pm

Punisher wrote:bro even me, who has 280hz 1ms monitor and 0.1ms mechanical keyboard can't play good with 0 extrapolation... you think someone with 60hz, 75hz, 144hz can play with 0 extrapolation? you gotta be delusional for this request. the maximum should be 50ms in my opinion btw. no one has more than 50ms input lag in reality. so basically, we don't need more than 50ms and minus than 0.

if i want i can play with 0 extra actually, its not so hard for me but, not everyone is like me c(:

Well, I can. I play since 2012, and I think I know well enough how the game mechanics work and how to perform almost every trick. I have a strong X, to the point many have accused me of macro, but still, it's useless to engage in spam battles against extrapolated players. And by the way, I've always had a shit computer.
And this is how it should be. Learning how to master everything with experience, practice, and many many hours of gameplay, like every respectable game. If you just started and expect to immediately become pro, and/or can't do anything without this dumb cheat, you have no right to complain.
I agree more than 50 is not needed, I don't know why he set the max to 200 in the first place.
Well, if you want to know how it goes, you can find the complete discussion on my latest GitHub issue:
https://github.com/haxball/haxball-issues/issues/1479
I doubt anything will change, though.
  • 0

Jowy_
 
Posts: 11
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 0

Joined: October 13th, 2021, 6:47 pm


Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Punisher » October 14th, 2021, 6:48 pm

people like veil -rep's me. imagine u have 10 ping and u play with 200 extrapolation and u still suck hahaha like bro even i raped you in 1v1 futsal to 1v1 classic. you are literally nonamer keep crying after me :D wannabe :D 100% sure my retired version is still 50x > than u fkn netherland kiddo :D
  • 0

User avatar
Punisher
 
Posts: 28
News Articles: 0
Reputation: -11

Joined: December 24th, 2020, 9:39 pm

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Punisher » October 14th, 2021, 6:50 pm

Hannes wrote:
Punisher wrote:... you think someone with 60hz, 75hz, 144hz can play with 0 extrapolation?

yes


bro no offense but u playing in div2 for 20 seasons. if 0 extrapolation thing was worked for you, you could win all the trophies because whoever can play with 0 extrapolation on good level is able to win any team without effort. (i mean not park the bus thing, creative gameplay in attack side)
  • 0

User avatar
Punisher
 
Posts: 28
News Articles: 0
Reputation: -11

Joined: December 24th, 2020, 9:39 pm

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby veil » October 14th, 2021, 6:51 pm

Punisher wrote:people like veil -rep's me. imagine u have 10 ping and u play with 200 extrapolation and u still suck hahaha like bro even i raped you in 1v1 futsal to 1v1 classic. you are literally nonamer keep crying after me :D wannabe :D 100% sure my retired version is still 50x > than u fkn netherland kiddo :D


read again and try not to cringe, press and your profile and look for any awards / achievements before you call other people out for being a noname, or saying stuff like "if i want i can play with 0 extra actually, its not so hard for me but, not everyone is like me c(:". I doubt you can even win div 2 but ok
  • 0

User avatar
veil
 
Posts: 19
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 111

Joined: January 23rd, 2020, 6:56 pm

Position: Forward

Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Smurf2 » October 14th, 2021, 6:54 pm

Punisher wrote:
Hannes wrote:
Punisher wrote:... you think someone with 60hz, 75hz, 144hz can play with 0 extrapolation?

yes


bro no offense but u playing in div2 for 20 seasons. if 0 extrapolation thing was worked for you, you could win all the trophies because whoever can play with 0 extrapolation on good level is able to win any team without effort. (i mean not park the bus thing, creative gameplay in attack side)


you think people with extra has creative gameplay?
everyone with extra just stuck the ball in corner for ages
  • 0

User avatar
Smurf2
 
Posts: 131
News Articles: 0
Betting Coins: 50
Reputation: 100

Joined: November 2nd, 2012, 12:00 am


Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Punisher » October 14th, 2021, 6:57 pm

veil wrote:
Punisher wrote:people like veil -rep's me. imagine u have 10 ping and u play with 200 extrapolation and u still suck hahaha like bro even i raped you in 1v1 futsal to 1v1 classic. you are literally nonamer keep crying after me :D wannabe :D 100% sure my retired version is still 50x > than u fkn netherland kiddo :D


read again and try not to cringe, press and your profile and look for any awards / achievements before you call other people out for being a noname, or saying stuff like "if i want i can play with 0 extra actually, its not so hard for me but, not everyone is like me c(:". I doubt you can even win div 2 but ok



while you were making cringy futsal videos, i was raping people in 1x1. never played 4x4 tryhard (because we didnt got team change in feedme). while you were getting invited to teams by your netherlander friends and u still suck.

dude you played with isco 1 season and i swear you still suck. you are like dembele and u got chance to play with fucking messi. end of the day, you are worse than your futsal version. im sorry to hurt your feelings but thats the fact. grow up, respect some elders
  • -5

User avatar
Punisher
 
Posts: 28
News Articles: 0
Reputation: -11

Joined: December 24th, 2020, 9:39 pm

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Punisher » October 14th, 2021, 6:58 pm

Smurf2 wrote:you think people with extra has creative gameplay?
everyone with extra just stuck the ball in corner for ages


thats what im saying. to play creative with 0 extrapolation is hard, not for everyone. first you have to get used to play with 20-30 extrapolation for 3-4 seasons in order to win and play creative against people with 0 extrapolation.
  • 0

User avatar
Punisher
 
Posts: 28
News Articles: 0
Reputation: -11

Joined: December 24th, 2020, 9:39 pm

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Kirit » October 14th, 2021, 7:54 pm

Extrapolation is part of the game and we must accept this, if we wanna be good right now, we have to master all the mechanics. It's useless we still talk about how Haxball was, the game is different, if you don't like the current state of the game just don't play it, I don't know if the gameplay is better or worse, it's true the game is more buggy but you see more insane plays than flashplayer ones, who's not adapting will always be skill limited
  • 0

Kirit
 
Posts: 1
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 0

Joined: September 24th, 2021, 4:07 pm

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Jowy_ » October 14th, 2021, 8:13 pm

It's more than hard, it's close to impossible beating extrapolated fake pros with 0 extrapolation.
Only the aforementioned fake pros could disagree that, for how hard it may be, grinding real experience without op and unnecessary commands is the only option that should exist in a fair game. Those who cry can and should quit the game. Eventually, we will restore a decent community without them, they're not needed.

This becoming a toxic topic out of nowhere shows once again how messed up this community is.

Kirit wrote:Extrapolation is part of the game and we must accept this, if we wanna be good right now, we have to master all the mechanics. It's useless we still talk about how Haxball was, the game is different, if you don't like the current state of the game just don't play it, I don't know if the gameplay is better or worse, it's true the game is more buggy but you see more insane plays than flashplayer ones, who's not adapting will always be skill limited

This reasoning is, in my opinion, laughable and is curiously the same every extrapolation addict makes.
When the extra limit was going to be set to 50, no one accepted that. Instead, all the self-proclaimed "pros" posted pages and pages of complaints saying they couldn't play anymore without it. Therefore, we have every right in the world to complain about how it is now.
If you have to master all the mechanics, go and master the mechanics without 3rd party helps.
Also, wow, such insane plays! Uhm... does anyone really care? Are they worth your laggy, shaky, tryhard games? And "skill limited"... those are not even skills...
If everyone had to adapt to everything like you all say, I don't know in what state the world we live in would be right now, to be honest. And, welp, looks like not many people agreed to silently adapt in history.

This debate will never end.
In my opinion, and in many others', extrapolation has to disappear asap, if not right now. It's been alive and ruining this game for far too long, for too many people. Either that or the possibility to make servers where you can set every player's extrapolation to 0 onGameTick has to be given. This would conciliate the two sides, once and for all.
  • 0

Jowy_
 
Posts: 11
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 0

Joined: October 13th, 2021, 6:47 pm


Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby lsco » October 14th, 2021, 9:51 pm

this game is broken lmao there is no reason to keep playing it
  • 1

lsco
 
Posts: 369
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 621

Joined: January 11th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Jowy_ » October 14th, 2021, 10:23 pm

lsco wrote:this game is broken lmao there is no reason to keep playing it

We all know it is, and I bet most of us abandoned it at some point in time but we can't help but come back to it sooner or later. It's just an addictive game with a lot of wasted potential.
We also know that if it wasn't for the extracancer command and all its consequences (ex. fake x), it would be very much less broken than it is. The other bugs were there from the beginning, and we learned to cope with them. Don't you agree?
  • 0

Jowy_
 
Posts: 11
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 0

Joined: October 13th, 2021, 6:47 pm


Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby lsco » October 14th, 2021, 10:55 pm

Jowy_ wrote:
lsco wrote:this game is broken lmao there is no reason to keep playing it

We all know it is, and I bet most of us abandoned it at some point in time but we can't help but come back to it sooner or later. It's just an addictive game with a lot of wasted potential.
We also know that if it wasn't for the extracancer command and all its consequences (ex. fake x), it would be very much less broken than it is. The other bugs were there from the beginning, and we learned to cope with them. Don't you agree?


People are always trying to figure out how to fix this stupid command, but I think it's pointless now when the game's owner clearly doesn't care about what his "customers" are going through. If he really wanted to fix it, it would be done by now.

Personally, I tried to adapt several times, but now I just find it boring to play a broken game. 
  • 2

lsco
 
Posts: 369
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 621

Joined: January 11th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Jowy_ » October 14th, 2021, 11:13 pm

lsco wrote:
Jowy_ wrote:
lsco wrote:this game is broken lmao there is no reason to keep playing it

We all know it is, and I bet most of us abandoned it at some point in time but we can't help but come back to it sooner or later. It's just an addictive game with a lot of wasted potential.
We also know that if it wasn't for the extracancer command and all its consequences (ex. fake x), it would be very much less broken than it is. The other bugs were there from the beginning, and we learned to cope with them. Don't you agree?


People are always trying to figure out how to fix this stupid command, but I think it's pointless now when the game's owner clearly doesn't care about what his "customers" are going through. If he really wanted to fix it, it would be done by now.

Personally, I tried to adapt several times, but now I just find it boring to play a broken game.

Yeah man, I don't blame you for that. It won't be much until I decide to quit too, for the umpteenth time. Only playing sporadically now.
Unfortunately, you're right about Basro, he ruined it all. He even claims that extrapolation doesn't give you any advantage whatsoever. Has he even tried to play his own game?
Either way, I just hope he answers my request about adding a setPlayerExtrapolation function to the headless host API, should be similar to the avatar one. If any of you has any knowledge on this, do you think it would be impossible after all?
  • 0

Jowy_
 
Posts: 11
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 0

Joined: October 13th, 2021, 6:47 pm


Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Maddude » October 15th, 2021, 6:55 pm

omry come play futsal bby
  • 1

Co-Founder of Feed Me Community!
User avatar
Maddude
Elder of da Realm
 
Posts: 2391
News Articles: 4
Reputation: 1040

Joined: July 23rd, 2011, 11:00 pm
Location: South Coast

Position: Goalkeeper
Division 1 Winner: Every time except once
Cup Runner-up: Never
Division 2 Winner: Just the once
Cup Winner: Every time

Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby SuarezN7 » October 15th, 2021, 7:51 pm

B4D4SS tried to save u all but u crucified him, burn in HTML sinners
  • 3

User avatar
SuarezN7
 
Posts: 327
News Articles: 1
Betting Coins: 750
Reputation: 123

Joined: May 8th, 2014, 4:45 pm

Position: Forward

Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Jowy_ » October 15th, 2021, 8:37 pm

Maddude wrote:omry come play futsal bby

Unrelated, unnecessary, and discrediting my efforts, looks like I'm the only serious one about this fight. If all those who don't like this situation tried to come up with a solution and/or contact the developer, made their voice be heard, maybe something could change.
The dude before me is right, you don't deserve anyone fighting for it after you all agreed and begged in tears not to remove the command.
Just a bunch of overrated, toxic cheaters, only good to flame.
I give up already.
  • 0

Jowy_
 
Posts: 11
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 0

Joined: October 13th, 2021, 6:47 pm


Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby aMp » October 15th, 2021, 9:08 pm

Jowy_ wrote:
Maddude wrote:omry come play futsal bby

Unrelated, unnecessary, and discrediting my efforts, looks like I'm the only serious one about this fight. If all those who don't like this situation tried to come up with a solution and/or contact the developer, made their voice be heard, maybe something could change.
The dude before me is right, you don't deserve anyone fighting for it after you all agreed and begged in tears not to remove the command.
Just a bunch of overrated, toxic cheaters, only good to flame.
I give up already.


We tried, I mean jasko tried but yea I think the old haxball is dead sadly
  • 0

You are defined by two things:
The patience when you've got nothing.
and the attitude when you've got everything.
aMp
 
Posts: 439
News Articles: 0
Betting Coins: 1874
Reputation: 127

Joined: January 21st, 2017, 6:55 pm

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Next

Return to General Haxball Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests