XXX

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

XXX

Postby TheGoal99 » April 7th, 2020, 5:33 pm

XXX

Last edited by TheGoal99 on September 12th, 2023, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheGoal99

News Articles: 0

Re: Extrapolation problem

Postby EDISTIRLINGISBACK » April 8th, 2020, 9:04 am

Playing with extrapolation 0 is possible. Mastering an "extrapolation 0 gameplay" is hard but people like Ced (for example) did it, so the easiest way to improve is setting up high extrapolation, but this doesn't mean that's the only way to become a top player on HaxBall. That's why low skilled players on flash player who couldn't improve themselves / they were in the bench of all div2 teams of fm for years became the best players of haxball, thanks to this glitch. Haxball is what it is, so if you want to enjoy the game just play with low extrapolation, there is no competitiveness and people are free to cheat on the most "important" competition (HCL, that's why I disband the team there and I'm playing only fm on a chill division) when the games with 100 avg players per day still have an anticheat. So just don't care, play this game for fun and with your friends. Personally I won't flame anyone more because there's no point in doing it (this game won't ever come back to its standards of years ago [nice people, nice players, no glitches abuses]

EDISTIRLINGISBACK

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Yannex » April 8th, 2020, 10:10 am

EDISTIRLINGISBACK wrote:Playing with extrapolation 0 is possible. Mastering an "extrapolation 0 gameplay" is hard but people like Ced (for example) did it, so the easiest way to improve is setting up high extrapolation, but this doesn't mean that's the only way to become a top player on HaxBall. That's why low skilled players on flash player who couldn't improve themselves / they were in the bench of all div2 teams of fm for years became the best players of haxball, thanks to this glitch. Haxball is what it is, so if you want to enjoy the game just play with low extrapolation, there is no competitiveness and people are free to cheat on the most "important" competition (HCL, that's why I disband the team there and I'm playing only fm on a chill division) when the games with 100 avg players per day still have an anticheat. So just don't care, play this game for fun and with your friends. Personally I won't flame anyone more because there's no point in doing it (this game won't ever come back to its standards of years ago [nice people, nice players, no glitches abuses]

what are you talking about?? extrapolation came with html it didnt exist in flash and ced quit hax years befor html so how exactly he mastered 0 extrapolation? :fp:

yes extrapolation makes you better on html
yes you can play with 0 but you will fly vs 50-150 extrapolation players even if they are noob 2nd div bench players
yes the noob 2nd div bench players became better cause of it
yes its shit and cancer for high ping players who need to use low extra cause of it

but it is playable... and theres nothing to do about it aswell so..

Last edited by Yannex on April 8th, 2020, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yannex

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby EDISTIRLINGISBACK » April 8th, 2020, 10:29 am

try to play in html with 0 extrapolation and then go on flashplayer, you will find the same mechanics

EDISTIRLINGISBACK

Postby Yannex » April 8th, 2020, 11:39 am

EDISTIRLINGISBACK wrote:try to play in html with 0 extrapolation and then go on flashplayer, you will find the same mechanics

i have played flash almost from the start of hax i know how it feels compare to html
alot of people including me kept win 7 for flash cause it was better, when html came out everyone felt the difference thats why almost everyone didnt mind updating to win 10

from what i know people complained about different game mechanics befor extrapolation thats why basro added it.. (it didnt came out with html release)
and i agree, it is different game mechanics from flash thats why even 0 extrapolation is still different than flash

Yannex

Postby Hannes » April 8th, 2020, 11:50 am

2Scratch wrote:and i agree, it is different game mechanics from flash thats why even 0 extrapolation is still different than flash

B4dass is this you

Hannes

News Articles: 26
Betting Coins: 200

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby Yannex » April 8th, 2020, 11:57 am

Hannes wrote:
2Scratch wrote:and i agree, it is different game mechanics from flash thats why even 0 extrapolation is still different than flash

B4dass is this you

i dont mind it because everyone can just use macro to fix it :D

Yannex

Postby pkppp » April 8th, 2020, 12:03 pm

[quote="EDISTIRLINGISBACK"]Playing with extrapolation 0 is possible. Mastering an "extrapolation 0 gameplay" is hard but people like Ced

MMMMMMMMMMMMDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR IF I SHOW THIS TO CEDRIC HE WILL LAUGH SO HARD

pkppp

Postby saviola » April 8th, 2020, 12:06 pm

2Scratch wrote:from what i know people complained about different game mechanics befor extrapolation thats why basro added it..

https://github.com/haxball/haxball-issues/issues/329 Here's how and why extrapolation was added, for people who didn't know.

saviola

Postby Yannex » April 8th, 2020, 12:26 pm

saviola wrote:
2Scratch wrote:from what i know people complained about different game mechanics befor extrapolation thats why basro added it..

https://github.com/haxball/haxball-issues/issues/329 Here's how and why extrapolation was added, for people who didn't know.

havent seen this befor i just heard from people but there you go... might not be the specific reason for adding extra but its part of it.
after all input lag does in some way change how the game feels compare flash

bottom line... flash and html (with or without extra) isnt the same

Yannex

Postby B4D4SS » April 8th, 2020, 2:26 pm

B4D4SS

Postby LaggerMet » April 8th, 2020, 3:40 pm

B4D4SS wrote:

lol i dont believe anyone ever said that html has the same mechanics, except from basro who doesnt play haxball
you are being downvoted by a lot of people because of other reasons...

LaggerMet

Postby Hannes » April 8th, 2020, 3:40 pm

html has the same mechanics.

Hannes

News Articles: 26
Betting Coins: 200

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby B4D4SS » April 8th, 2020, 4:20 pm

LaggerMet wrote:
B4D4SS wrote:

lol i dont believe anyone ever said that html has the same mechanics, except from basro who doesnt play haxball

Socrates Hannes Whiplash OffSync Twigg and many others said the gameplay isn't different when I was spamming that it was, right in the beginning of HTML. They influenced everybody to vote for HTML switch by spreading lies that the gameplay was identical when it isn't.

B4D4SS

Postby Mey » April 8th, 2020, 4:42 pm

nowadays the game is like fifa u need to fit the meta, to do that do some ball bounces and spam x until ur figure is glitched.
(oh wait i forgot its a FEATURE)

Mey

Postby LaggerMet » April 8th, 2020, 5:09 pm

B4D4SS wrote:
LaggerMet wrote:
B4D4SS wrote:

Socrates Hannes Whiplash OffSync Twigg and many others said the gameplay isn't different when I was spamming that it was, right in the beginning of HTML. They influenced everybody to vote for HTML switch by spreading lies that the gameplay was identical when it isn't.

i'll fix myself... nowdays no one says the mechanics are the same. Maybe in the beginning of HTML some people didn't realize it, but i dont believe this is the case now

LaggerMet

Postby Ferg » April 8th, 2020, 6:01 pm

Mey wrote:nowadays the game is like fifa u need to fit the meta, to do that do some ball bounces and spam x until ur figure is glitched.
(oh wait i forgot its a FEATURE)

dont listen to him he suck at fifa

Ferg

Position: Forward

Postby lsco » April 8th, 2020, 6:46 pm

lol
I think it's useless to discuss whether the mechanics are the same or not.
bottom line the game is completely different now than 2 years ago.

lsco

Postby Anddy » April 8th, 2020, 7:45 pm

Because everyone really improved and extrapolation makes players improve faster, and using no extrap vs extrap players also makes you improve because the game became harder and faster (and thus less funny)

To take a recent example of the evolution, since the fakeshot has been totally explained on fm and elsewhere, fake shots users did a *10, and people reacts way better when fakeshots are hitting them than before, paradoxally, the more you have extrap, the more fakeshots are hitting you, and the less you do have extrap, the more body fakes are hitting you, that's only a learning process

I wish someone could have skills to code a perfect AI that wins 100% of games, to watch the replays and see how they play against each others.

Anddy

Postby Wenom » April 8th, 2020, 9:57 pm

Obviously thats cant to be similar when you switch game for next engine, csgo will be on source 2 soon, and shooting will be a bit different.

I think we played with tennis ball on flash and now we are playing with stone from curling game (100% with 0 extrap).

Wenom

Next

Return to General Haxball Discussion