Who trained you?

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Re: Who trained you?

Postby Chro » January 16th, 2019, 3:34 am

There is only one haxball expert named dogan, I owe everything I have learnt to him...

Chro

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby lsco » January 16th, 2019, 6:09 am

The only thing that i can think of is that yaadon convinced me to play 3-3 in 2011, i used to play 2-2 only.
But i guess no one taught me anything

lsco

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Total » January 16th, 2019, 10:15 am

Finnish haxball community taught me well :afro:

Total

Position: Forward

Postby aeRo » January 16th, 2019, 10:32 am

I haven't really been directly trained as such apart from on a couple of separate occasions. Probably easier (for me anyway) to split my biggest influences in to games modes.

Haxball in general
Easy guess for anyone, its ya boy Maddude. Introduced me to the game when we became friends at college, played in multiple teams and formats with him. I count myself very fortunate to have not only have a real life friend play the game but have a real life friend who is one of the best players the country has ever had be the guy to bring me through from day 1. Having the advantage of being comfortable chatting on mic from an early stage really helped as well, getting told I am doing something wrong as I'm doing it helped me kick some bad habits quickly... although I still have a lot of bad habits :fp: These days we bounce tactics and stuff off of each other as opposed to Mad just telling me or showing me how to play, anyone who played with him during his fully active days knows the big brain energy this guy has.

One of the only people who ever took me in to a closed haxball room and actually trained me was the prince of Algeria DeStorm . Aside from being one of the funniest guys in the game, he used to be, in my opinion, hideously underrated as a player. He taught me some haxball physics which I never knew existed - sticky lifting, ball momentum and soft kicking/catching the ball on purpose. He is a rare sight on ts nowadays and even rarer sight in haxball itself. Much love if you read this Samir <3

Next one is someone who I think really helped my mentality more than my technical ability, one of my greatest friends and someone I don't give enough attention to now, Herna. I joined Turn Up Turnips shortly after ACDP decided to part ways, at this point in time I was used to winning games, fses, officials... not so much hcl and nc but those aren't important. Herna, and all the other Turnips for that matter, reminded me how haxball is most fun when doing the the best you can with people you have good relationships with. There were some days I got annoyed for sure, but it helped me greatly in the long and even today I look back very fondly on the time I spent with my German-based family.

Also need to give a shoutout to the first captain who gave me time in an official match Ghost.

4v4 3Def
When Isco first came to ACDP I was pretty amazed at how much one player could influence the game so much. He never showed frustration at me sucking and always gave advice after games. Any time I have asked for tips on ts he has always given me proper replies, I am blessed to have become connected with him and many other Israeli players!

Falk is a player I've always respected. He is another player I've asked for advice from on ts and when I do convince him that I'm not trolling him he is happy to give me some words of wisdom and often will even dig out an old replay to give me some examples. Appreciate the time he puts in to help others - as was evident in the Grey's Academy project.

3v3
Shortest section by far as I'm not a massive fan of 3v3 and have never played in what I consider a fully competitive league. What I did learn was largely down to conversations I saw between Mad and B4D 4SS having in the premhax ts during/after their games.

4v4 Big Easy
I've had a couple of brief stints in the Russian league, se7ent was the first one I played with as a GK/DM duo and although language barrier was often too hard an obstacle to overcome, just playing with someone who knew how to play big easy so well helped me gain an understanding of what was a whole new world to me.

Wenom was another great player I had the opportunity to play with in the Russian league, he would tell me how to better position myself as a forward player and always give some advice on the mic during games. He also knows many smokes on csgo

I was also crazy enough to stay up till 2-3am playing in the North American league SPHB for a couple of seasons. Lindros was my first captain there and immediately struck me with how tactical the game can be. This was the first time since I'd started playing that I had been involved in a 'training session' where the team all came in to a room and we set up defences and discussed who's job it was to move where when the ball would be passed to a certain position. I'd never seen tactical detail like this before and it took me a while to appreciate it. I didn't take this seriously enough and wasted a chance to play with the best modern DM in NA regularly.

Shoutout to Flossy while I'm on the topic of SPHB

That probably covers it, even in that list very little is direct training but I feel learnt a lot from those people. If I missed you off and you think you taught me some things I'm sorry!

aeRo
Elder of da Realm

Postby Jappo » January 16th, 2019, 10:55 am

Nobody trained me first. But there were players who had some influence on me or we trained together in the old past:

kuje
I started the first 1-2 years as GK. Kuje won the CC in 2011 and was the best GK at that time. His way of playing had a big influence on me.

Wiiii and Ledge

We three started to change from pub to league at the same time. We taught and learned a lot from each other. we three created tabulaRazers!, our first team. Ledge was my first DM. Probably I took over his way of playing later. (ty Herna ;) )

Also the following players probably had influence:
kAoS, EnixX, DraTo, vali, Craig, KingKong, re, Ronaldo, d'flo and many more.

Jappo

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby jelly » January 16th, 2019, 11:49 am

To start off, when i joined FM i was really low level player and i was messing around. One day i got received offer from The Greys and i was shook, since i joined Falk started helping me how to play ST and taught me important things about situations.
Then Hulk came into my career and he brought me in his 3v3 team in Premierhax (rip), he taught me important things such as shooting and corner play, which i am very thankful for.

Then the big part of my haxball career came, i joined aN. jasko helped me big time, he taught me the most important things Striker should know and that had big efficiency on my gameplay. So im still learning and improving.

Also thankful for the small things those guys explained to me: Styl, Nocke, xSha, Vak.

jelly

Postby sw1zy » January 16th, 2019, 2:37 pm

My father and Falk
Thanks to both!!

sw1zy

Postby aMp » January 16th, 2019, 3:19 pm

I dont know if someone helped me in this game but i have only to say thx to CR70 and OwN without them i didnt play this game but on this level that I'm right now FEAR was all and we help each other thx for FEAR <3 ^_^ (Never let me alone on this game :D :bounce: )

You are defined by two things:
The patience when you've got nothing.
and the attitude when you've got everything.
aMp

Postby Radu1 » January 16th, 2019, 3:27 pm

^aMp^ and Paul Layne helped me a lot on this game .

Radu1

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Alekos » January 16th, 2019, 3:32 pm

buh, Kivi and Barca + i watched matches from good players like aguero10 or Schnuppel

Alekos

Postby gio » January 16th, 2019, 8:59 pm

It was the end of 2012, Fraaaaaaaaaa and Entony.. i was just a random player that knew do only good tricks, they let me become a complete player (that when i was st, as dm i improve everything by my self, but ofc the 2 players that i said learnt me to play Haxball.

gio

Division 2 Winner: Season 5

Postby Anddy » January 16th, 2019, 10:35 pm

Kall, Shaq, Pkp, Papier, Ced, Rooney, Hougt, Vaan, Hulk, Vakoj, Hyo, Akram, Isco, Yannex, Agu

I'm still the worst on the list :(

Anddy

Postby Masa » January 16th, 2019, 11:12 pm

No one trained me :bounce: , but the legend of polish haxball mdfk/TV5 was an inspiration for me and to this day I consider him as the best player and the most pleasure DMC to watch in action.

Masa

Postby Kivi » January 17th, 2019, 1:28 pm

naho + a tiny bit schnuppel

Kivi

Postby Vidalo » January 17th, 2019, 2:08 pm

Fritz-Schnuppel association, it helped me to understand how simple gameplay can be efficient

Vidalo

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Aeffchen » January 18th, 2019, 8:20 pm

watching charlie zelenoff inspired me to become the best haxball player

Aeffchen

Postby Def2Easy » August 4th, 2019, 3:14 pm

real legend of haxball and greatest of all time

BENJAA

he still trains me perfect player & friend

Def2Easy

Postby pkppp » August 4th, 2019, 8:54 pm

Wenom wrote:aguero10

I watched to him and played with him together or against, it was so good lesson for me how player can be so smart in game. any touch - gold, player without trashspam in corner, discipline player.

+ Falk, rkd little bit, but it was so long ago :popcorn:

2012, 2013 family blblblbl axaxaxa

pkppp

Postby Mey » August 4th, 2019, 11:18 pm

pkp taught me everything i know

Mey

Postby pkppp » August 5th, 2019, 1:34 am

Snowcrash wrote:pkp taught me everything i know

i just taught you how to score own goal more easily :bounce: :scratch:

Last edited by pkppp on August 5th, 2019, 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
pkppp

PreviousNext

Return to General Haxball Discussion