Did ‘luck’s 3v3 & 4v4 PRO VPS” lobby ruin Haxball.com?

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Did ‘luck’s 3v3 & 4v4 PRO VPS” lobby ruin Haxball.com?

Postby big boy » June 12th, 2019, 5:50 pm

This post is a half-serious half-joke thread that I hope will entice some discussion about the current state of the beautiful game, Haxball saying as the previous macro thread got so much attention even though we’ve all known various players probably use macro for the past 5 years but what can you really do without some kind of VAC.

I personally despise the two 3v3 24/7 vps servers that luck is hosting. My main concern is that you have to wait 30 minutes as a spectator before playing. The room has 14 slots and is constantly at full capacity, so if you join you often need to wait around 30 minutes before playing!

For 3v3 pub rooms there used to seemingly be two main philosophies, either caps or wso – but nowadays more and more often, perhaps thanks to lucks room these days they do both! That can’t work! If you do wso fair enough, it gives an incentive to play well and lucks host bot shows the win streak. However surely you can’t to caps too. Therefore, unless you picked you need to wait until your top of the queue. Usually in a caps room you do not do wso and instead the top 2 players on spec become the captains and can pick players, including those who just played. The use of BOTH caps and wso rules just exacerbates the wait time issues along with the fact it’s a 14 slot room as opposed to 10 or even 12.

Maybe this is because more people played in the past or 3v3 was more popular with new players today opting for spaceball and fustal (there are genuinely more – probably over triple active futsal and spaceball/bounce players than those opting for regular, 1v1/2v2 classic or 3v3 big vanilla game modes. I remember there would always at least in the evening be at least 1 UK 3v3 room, maybe even 2! There would always be a Dutch 3v3 and a few German and French rooms too! Now there is literally never a 3v3 room from these great haxballing nations and if you try to get one started you wot get the numbers – even if you do the standard will be very low (that’s coming from me and I’m pretty shit at the game).

In summary there are NO western European Haxball rooms left other than lucks two 3v3 servers and bobo’s 3v3 server. Luck (yes that Spanish guy) has created a monopoly on 3v3 and I think it’s time to bust it up. You could argue hes done a good thing – paying his real life hard earned money into the game he loves to provide a 24/7 3v3 environment. I think maybe with changes this could be improved but personally, I have so many quarrels with the room I will now go onto list;

Uses both wso AND caps AND 14 player slot means long wait times… we’ve all joined only to become 14th on the list, watch a 5 min overtime 1-0 game. Only for the new captain to pick 2 of the 3 players from the loosing team. People get picked for their brand and reputation and people rarely do auto (I do get that if you do auto you normally get stuck with retards like me). Similarly, it’s too easy to hijack the room often there are players who must know each other and join in groups – particularly; Polish, Romanian, Turks and Israelis. I have nothing angst the fine people of these truly great haxballing nations but if there are say 3 or 4 people in the room of 14 from one specific nation they often pick each other and gain administrative privileges (I get picking friends is a thing but its not fun if your stuck on the bench for 30 minutes). The room also has a bot which automatically kicks players I think for sending 5 messages in a row – this is annoying when trying to troll but it also catches innocent victims in the crossfire – earlier today a player was having a conversation and instead of typing a long messages sent a few rapid-fire short messages and got kicked… so the game was paused adding 10 seconds to the already rather tedious 30 minute wait whilst he rejoined.

In summary, what do you think about lucks 3v3 room and what do you think about the state of Haxball in general in mid 2019? Lets be honest; few players now play 3v3 in pubs there is just a kinda closed community on team speak of people who’ve played for 4/5 if not more years. Same old faces. Many pubs now play space ball – which I despite or fustal – which is actually ok 4v4 games but many players don’t know basic positioning and is often full of French retards. Maybe we should just admit that 90% of Haxball players are turks because they are too poor to afford games like fifa and play Haxball instead and the remaining 10% of players are either 12 years old and/or autistic.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to conversing with you and listening to your views.

big boy

News Articles: 0

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: Did ‘luck’s 3v3 & 4v4 PRO VPS” lobby ruin Haxball.com?

Postby Herna » June 12th, 2019, 6:10 pm

I agree to you on lucks rooms, in the end they are only beneficial and dont ruin anything though, its actually quite friendly by him to open those, because noone forces him to and he is free to do with it whatever he likes. The only problem is the lack of other rooms^^

I personally plan to host a new public room which can hopefully bring a nice alternative, especially for those people who dont want that atmosphere from those other rooms. The problem though is the lack of new players generally and from joining some public rooms or reading whats written even in our FM forum you can see that the average player became a lot more immature etc. and seems to find pleasure only from trashtalking or putting themselves over others.

But in the end thats just how it is, if you want a nice community to play haxball with you need to find one of those few teams in FM that offer that, or hosting nicer public rooms by yourself.

Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby Kivi » June 12th, 2019, 6:18 pm

Similarly, it’s too easy to hijack the room often there are players who must know each other and join in groups – particularly; Polish, Romanian, Turks and Israelis. I have nothing angst the fine people of these truly great haxballing nations but if there are say 3 or 4 people in the room of 14 from one specific nation they often pick each other and gain administrative privileges (I get picking friends is a thing but its not fun if your stuck on the bench for 30 minutes).

I have always played under an anonymous name in Haxball public rooms (certain people might still know all my names) and when no one knew who I was, I was almost every single time picked first. With even ridiculous names like "xtrfy" and so one which literally no one could recognize, I was almost every single time first-picked. People that try-hard don't give a shit who you are as long as you bring them in a win or in better words - "if you're the best player in the current lobby".

You're complaining about waiting-times but you're not even talking a single word about the value that VPS-rooms like bobo, luck and older VPS-rooms like something with "s" have brought to the community.

- Amazing ping
- Ability that players from Germany and Turkey can face each other without big problems
- Pretty much 24/7 competition
- Chance to make yourself a name in those lobbies
- Networking with other players from pretty much everywhere (which wouldn't be possible otherwise)
- Higher skill ceiling in pub matches (which usually could only be attained through scrims before)
- Ability to improve individual gameplay with different players

Of course, and that is correct, the odds that new players find their way to the "competitive community" are very small because the ceiling is so incredibly high but for that, you can just play in other rooms. No one forces you to play in luck's VPS.

For different rooms, it is in the community's own hands to host their own. The fact that no one wants to host their own rooms or provide just a tiny bit of money for that just shows that no one wants to contribute to the community. Especially you, who is complaining, could just take a bit of money into your own hands and host a VPS by yourself. I'm sure that if you'd ask luck for support with mentioning that you want to provide more VPS to the Haxball community, he'd gladly help you.

Instead of complaining, complaining, complaining, why don't you or someone else take the matter into your own hands and create something? Ah, I know why. It's too damn uncomfortable doing something. Feel free to complain, but only when you've actually done something besides writing a whole book about the current situation.

Back it up with action.

Kivi

Position: Forward

Postby Anddy » June 12th, 2019, 6:39 pm

Skillball rooms, no macro :p

Anddy

Postby Allen » June 12th, 2019, 8:02 pm

Anddy wrote:Skillball rooms, no macro :p

until the jews connect

Allen

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby ANDRÈA » June 13th, 2019, 2:54 pm

%100 agreed. also u missed some problems, there are some people who play normal untill they score and they just change their avatar to GK and stay on goal tilll match ends smh. also ive seen admins pausing the game and puttin oppenent on spec when they are about to concede a goal x)

ANDRÈA

Postby aeRo » June 13th, 2019, 3:02 pm

ya having both captain and wso makes it unbearable to be in room after losing once

aeRo
Elder of da Realm

Postby B4D4SS » June 13th, 2019, 3:45 pm

The game is dying cus the Official Haxball gameplay is much less fun than it used to be.

Why are people not making new rooms? Why are more people playing futsal and other modes, while at the same time Official Haxball is shrinking?

People would do it themselves like it was done in FLASH if they wanted to, but the desire isn't there like it used to be. Instead of play Official Haxball they prefer to make futsal rooms instead or just do something else, and I don't blame them.

B4D4SS

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby hyo1 » June 13th, 2019, 5:09 pm

ANDRÈA wrote:%100 agreed. also u missed some problems, there are some people who play normal untill they score and they just change their avatar to GK and stay on goal tilll match ends smh. also ive seen admins pausing the game and puttin oppenent on spec when they are about to concede a goal x)
:idea:

Those things you said happen verry rare and it is usually the same players which i don't want to call here. But, luck's room is one of the best things that ever happened for haxball. The fact that you can play with some above average (most of them) and some good players 24/7, as kivi mentioned above, makes this room verry fun and helpful when you are bored or when you take a break from studying or whatever.

hyo1

Postby Wenom » June 13th, 2019, 5:30 pm

B4D4SS wrote:The game is dying cus the Official Haxball gameplay is much less fun than it used to be.

Why are people not making new rooms? Why are more people playing futsal and other modes, while at the same time Official Haxball is shrinking?

People would do it themselves like it was done in FLASH if they wanted to, but the desire isn't there like it used to be. Instead of play Official Haxball they prefer to make futsal rooms instead or just do something else, and I don't blame them.

+1
Russian community (big easy) dead bcz everyone is playing futsal

And game not so popular, need add hax in steam, 1200 players online in prime time is awful

Wenom

Postby Whitee » June 13th, 2019, 6:00 pm

ANDRÈA wrote:also u missed some problems, there are some people who play normal untill they score and they just change their avatar to GK and stay on goal tilll match ends smh.

yeah, sadly there are some people who play that way after they take the lead in public rooms :P @ANDRÈA @MARBLE @pkp

Last edited by Whitee on June 13th, 2019, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whitee

News Articles: 1

Postby MARBLE7 » June 13th, 2019, 6:28 pm

Why did you mention of me :?: I dont see my nickname there, Idk who they are...they are probably some russian trolls as you can see by their nicknames.

MARBLE7

Postby salamini » June 13th, 2019, 8:46 pm

no. :study:

salamini

Postby pkppp » June 14th, 2019, 5:09 am

ANDRÈA wrote:%100 agreed. also u missed some problems, there are some people who play normal untill they score and they just change their avatar to GK and stay on goal tilll match ends smh. also ive seen admins pausing the game and puttin oppenent on spec when they are about to concede a goal x)

I agree at 100% with you Ali wAllah, these cancers players with fake flag Turk are annoying, they are probably from Israel or Russia/Ukraine ???
pfff wtf Dogan don't say my name i always play legit in luck room bro, i never troll, i never spam the chat,
I am an exemplary man within this community HAXBALLISTIX ;) (; ;) (;
:bounce:
:bball:
:cheers:
:lol:
:cyclops:
:pharaoh:
:afraid:
:tongue:
:afro:
:ovo:

pkppp

Postby Kivi » June 14th, 2019, 2:05 pm

Whitee wrote:
ANDRÈA wrote:also u missed some problems, there are some people who play normal untill they score and they just change their avatar to GK and stay on goal tilll match ends smh.

yeah, sadly there are some people who play that way after they take the lead in public rooms :P @ANDRÈA @MARBLE @pkp

That's why you need some sort of votekick shit to get rid of this cancer.

Kivi

Postby Lyreco » June 14th, 2019, 5:40 pm

Kivi wrote:
Whitee wrote:

That's why you need some sort of votekick shit to get rid of this cancer.

A vote kick can be abused

Lyreco

Return to General Haxball Discussion