About general/this recent macro issues

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Re: About general/this recent macro issues

Postby Capitan_fenomeno » June 12th, 2019, 2:21 pm

90% of haxball players uses macro so stop crying about it,accept it or get stronger macro to fight them :D :thumbup:

Capitan_fenomeno

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby chuck d fresh » June 12th, 2019, 2:31 pm

jasko wrote:
jeż wrote:after this recs I'm not sure about krol's macro, but spooky have it, of that I am one hundred percent certain.. He lights like christmas tree.
Just delete this extrapolation and game we'll become better. Macro usage won't give such an advantage like it's at the moment.

Too bad that basro says anyone who uses very high extrapolation is stupid and doesn't know how it works. :D Since he doesn't see any advantage gained by it and he thinks it only makes it harder for players to move and see what's happening around them.

I know that he created this game, but players see that gives u more control on ball etc.

chuck d fresh

Position: Forward

Postby jasko » June 12th, 2019, 2:51 pm

jeż wrote:I know that he created this game, but players see that gives u more control on ball etc.

If there's something wrong with the game basro should be the one fixing it, but he's not a top player, he won't notice the same things as people who play this game every day and on a decent level.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

Postby Ferg » June 12th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Мариса wrote:get me a 1v1 with basro, if he wins he gets fm, if I win I get haxball

Finally a good comment.

Ferg

Postby B4D4SS » June 12th, 2019, 3:04 pm

jasko wrote:
jeż wrote:I know that he created this game, but players see that gives u more control on ball etc.

If there's something wrong with the game basro should be the one fixing it, but he's not a top player, he won't notice the same things as people who play this game every day and on a decent level.

He is totally clueless about Haxball gameplay past pub level, but at the same time extremely close minded to anybody else’s opinion. Will never change his mind no matter how much evidence points to the contrary of his opinion.

Even lots of players with way more experience saying he’s wrong doesn’t get through his thick head.

If you give him any neutral logical evidence (explanations not opinions) he dismisses it with no rebuttal. Fantastic game with a retarded owner unfortunately. We just have to hope he sells this one day to somebody with more competence, but he is even close minded to that, won't even discuss a price.

B4D4SS

Postby doupi » June 12th, 2019, 5:17 pm

Мариса wrote:get me a 1v1 with basro, if he wins he gets fm, if I win I get haxball

we're fucked aren't we

doupi

Postby lsco » June 12th, 2019, 5:37 pm

Yeah me and jasko tried to bring Basro to talk with the community here in FM but he was really against it.
He also claims that removing the extrapolation command will cause a lot of troubles and it's basically all in our heads, that command doesn't give any advantage according to him.

lsco

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby chuck d fresh » June 12th, 2019, 5:43 pm

A lot of troubles... Sure, he should give an example.

chuck d fresh

Postby LaggerMet » June 12th, 2019, 5:44 pm

I too don't see how the extrapolation command gives an unfair advantage... it just changes how the game looks locally on your computer

LaggerMet

Postby socrates » June 12th, 2019, 5:44 pm

B4D4SS wrote:He is totally clueless about Haxball gameplay past pub level, but at the same time extremely close minded to anybody else’s opinion. Will never change his mind no matter how much evidence points to the contrary of his opinion.

Even lots of players with way more experience saying he’s wrong doesn’t get through his thick head.

If you give him any neutral logical evidence (explanations not opinions) he dismisses it with no rebuttal. Fantastic game with a retarded owner unfortunately. We just have to hope he sells this one day to somebody with more competence, but he is even close minded to that, won't even discuss a price.

Its an almost 9 year old game which has had probably millions of players and has earned him money and yet you call him retarded...can you tell me any achievements of yours which compare to that? Either way your comments are just rude and out of order.

If basro ever sees these comments I hope he knows that its just toxic few and the majority are very thankful and respect him.

I know its the internet but FM really makes me angry with how everyone talks using the words 'retard' and 'cancer' all the time. Sad that people can't talk like adults here.

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby chuck d fresh » June 12th, 2019, 9:50 pm

LaggerMet wrote:I too don't see how the extrapolation command gives an unfair advantage... it just changes how the game looks locally on your computer

Interesting, I don't want to offend you, but I see this advantage. It helps people to spam in corners and also play more "tricky" when tricky means 15 x'ses in corner.

chuck d fresh

Postby LaggerMet » June 12th, 2019, 10:21 pm

jeż wrote:
LaggerMet wrote:I too don't see how the extrapolation command gives an unfair advantage... it just changes how the game looks locally on your computer

Interesting, I don't want to offend you, but I see this advantage. It helps people to spam in corners and also play more "tricky" when tricky means 15 x'ses in corner.

The clicks per second is indicated only by how fast you press on your keyboard. Every keyboard press generates a client side click event which sends a click event to the server, this has nothing to do with extrapolation.
Extrapolation basically means that the client side can calculate movements without waiting for a message with the server. This enhances a sense of reactivity from the client, although everything in the end is decided in the server, so if the client makes a mistake (not really a mistake, just doesn't know that another player has changed his direction, for example) the server will fix it soon enough. The reason it enhances the corner tricks ability is just because the players can better react to the game without the need to wait for the server to report each event. I just can't see how it is unfair, this is basically just closer to playing without ping (in the reactivity sense. Because we actually play with ping the extrapolation has the disadvantage of spikes and game freezes)

EDIT:
I'm not 100% correct because the extrapolation is affecting the game even when you are playing locally, in your host for example, because it takes time for the input to be processed. Doesn't change the basic facts; it enhances reactivity, the same keystrokes for all players will have the same result regardless of extrapolation.

Last edited by LaggerMet on June 12th, 2019, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaggerMet

Postby chuck d fresh » June 12th, 2019, 10:31 pm

Yup, it's true how it technically works and I totally understand it, I knew what extrapolation gives us in that meaning. I just want to say that when extrapolation exists it increased usage of macro and spam and people which plays with extrapolation 100+ seriously have "advantage" of playing in corners and etc. I don't like using extrapolation because it makes game not smooth, but people who uses it have advantage of this "reaction" as u said.

e; and as u said it's difference playing with and without extrapolation on localhost so it means something, because it shouldn't change if it's only about server response.

chuck d fresh

Postby LaggerMet » June 12th, 2019, 10:33 pm

jeż wrote:Yup, it's true how it technically works and I totally understand it, I knew what extrapolation gives us in that meaning. I just want to say that when extrapolation exists it increased usage of macro and spam and people which plays with extrapolation 100+ seriously have "advantage" of playing in corners and etc. I don't like using extrapolation because it makes game not smooth, but people who uses it have advantage of this "reaction" as u said.

Well i want to play a game where when I press a key I move without waiting like a second... This is a simple demand from a game.
But how the extrapolation makes macro usage better? the same amount of clicks are generated from the macro regardless of the extrapolation. I just don't see how these things have to do with each other.

LaggerMet

Postby chuck d fresh » June 12th, 2019, 10:40 pm

I don't see how it makes it technically too, but.. I'm just talking about my observations.

chuck d fresh

Postby Allen » June 13th, 2019, 10:21 am

just from experience, im playing on 130 extra and for some reason i can actually spam, while before i played on that amount i wouldn't be able to spam at all, dont know if it has any effect

Allen

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Unai » June 13th, 2019, 11:43 am

socrates wrote:
B4D4SS wrote:He is totally clueless about Haxball gameplay past pub level, but at the same time extremely close minded to anybody else’s opinion. Will never change his mind no matter how much evidence points to the contrary of his opinion.

Its an almost 9 year old game which has had probably millions of players and has earned him money and yet you call him retarded...can you tell me any achievements of yours which compare to that? Either way your comments are just rude and out of order.

If basro ever sees these comments I hope he knows that its just toxic few and the majority are very thankful and respect him.

I know its the internet but FM really makes me angry with how everyone talks using the words 'retard' and 'cancer' all the time. Sad that people can't talk like adults here.

Did basro give you the D or what? every time someone shit talks him you turn up like captain save a hoe

Unai

Postby Lyreco » June 13th, 2019, 11:50 am

Unai wrote:
socrates wrote:

Did basro give you the D or what? every time someone shit talks him you turn up like captain save a hoe

I am sure Splat gave you the D aswell

Lyreco

Postby Unai » June 13th, 2019, 12:12 pm

How can you be so sure? Hard-stuck average players have never been allowed in our channel so how would you know.

Last edited by Unai on June 13th, 2019, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unai

Postby GQKU » June 13th, 2019, 12:12 pm

BASRO IS A BALD FRAUD OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE. HE IS PISSING ON YOUR HANDS AND TELLING YOU ITS RAINING. AND YOU BELIEVE HIM :fp:

GQKU

Previous

Return to General Haxball Discussion