2. League Match Format
3. Cup Match Format
4. Rosters
5. Wildcards
6. Cuts, Signs and Trades
7. Relegations / Playoffs
8. Miscellaneous

General League Rules

1.1 If at the end of the season, or group stage in the cup, there is a tie in the tables. The order of the teams will be based on(in order) Goal Difference - Goals Scored - Head To Head Record.

1.2 It is the responsibility of the two captains to find an agreeable host for their match. Games can be played on any host as long as both captains agree to it. A team can not be forced to play on a host they do not wish to. If a good host for both teams cannot be found then teams are recommended to play 1 half on each other's host.
We also recommend to test each others host before the game starts.
A neutral host is someone who isn't part of a playing team. The country doesn't matter at all in this case. As long as it's a stable and fluent host both teams should play on it.

1.3 Subs can be only be made when a goal is scored/conceded or at half-time. Subs must not be made when the ball is in play.

1.4 A couple of subs are generally allowed in match rooms as long as both captains agree. If a captain asks the opposing team's players to leave the room then they must do so.
If subs are in the room then both teams should have the equal amount of subs.

1.5 Match rooms should be set to hidden and the link passed securely to the other team, preferably via TeamSpeak.

1.6 It is a captain's duty to ensure that all of his/her players are legitimate and not being impersonated. Any proof of impersonation will likely result in a defloss for the offending team.

1.7 Abuse of any kind during matches will not be tolerated. Abusive & disruptive messages being posted in the chat while the game is being played will not be allowed unless they are to discuss the game tactically itself. If you are being abusive or purposefully disruptive you may be punished.
Also abusive usage of the Pause-function e.g goal situations will not be allowed.

1.8 The only people who should have admin in an official room are the host and the two captains.

1.9 In the event of a player lagging or disconnecting, their captain is allowed to pause the game provided his/her team are not currently defending or the opposing captain gives permission for the game to be paused.

1.10 If a player disconnects they should be given a reasonable amount of time (~2 minutes is fair) to reconnect after the game has been paused. If they do not rejoin after this length of time the team can make a sub to replace them.

1.11 Before resuming the game after a pause captains should ensure that the other team is ready.

1.12 Before kicking off at the start of a half the red team should give the blue team chance to get in position and state that they are ready.

1.13 A lag test should be done to see if the ping is fair for both teams. Both captains must agree to play the game before it can be started.

1.14 Once the half has been agreed to play by the captains, it will be played until the end of that half unless it is unplayable for the majority of both teams.
In the event of a host switch during a half, the game will continue with the remaining time and there won't be any effect on the score unless both teams agree on a reset. Should there be a host switch during the second half, the game will be continued with the remaining time and result staying the same unless both agree to reset the half. First half score will still be valid.

1.15 Goals scored after 7:00 do not count. The half lasts 7 minutes, not 7.01 minutes. The game is programmed in such a way that this shouldn't be an issue. If the goal is scored in time and the timer says 7:00, the game has another kick off and the timer always rolls back to 6:59. If it is not scored in time the game usually either begins overtime or ends stating the victorious team depending on the scoreline at the time.

1.16 A goal shall be credited to the offensive player who last touched the ball before it went into the goal provided that the ball was on target after the last touch. If the ball is on target and will definitely go in when an opponent player kicks into his own net it will still be given as a goal for the attacker. Any other instance i.e when the shot is off target and deflects off an opponent will be given as an own goal.

1.17 An assist shall be credited to the second-to-last offensive player to touch the ball before it went into the goal, provided that the ball was not possessed (kick or touched) by any player of the defensive team between the time he last touched it and the goal being scored.

1.18 Players must always use their forum names when participating in official league & cup matches. Failure to do so may result in the fixture being voided or result being reversed. Should there be any doubts about player impersonation before the game starts, the player in question must confirm their identity on the forum chatbox.

1.19 Impersonating a player is not allowed and if caught doing so you will be banned from league participation for the rest of the season.

1.21 If a team can only provide three players the match will be forfeited 3-0.

Image 1.22 After matches captains should post the replay along with goal times in the relevant thread in the Captains Area.
Results must be delivered until the next matchday. If the captains fail to do this then both teams lose 1 wildcard. If the match hasn't been reported by the 3 matchday deadline (see rule 5.4.), defloss will be given to both teams.

1.23 A replay of every game must be supplied for the result to count.
If nobody can supply a replay but both team captains approve, the result still can stand. In this case no goals or assist will be credited for players. Otherwise the match will be valued deflose for both teams.

1.24 All players participating in official league or cup matches have to be part of the Teams Roster.

1.25 If a match ends prematurely due to opponents leaving/banning other team etc then + 3 goals will be added to the final result.

League Match Format

2.1 All matches are played in HTML mode of haxball. League matches are 4v4 big, with two 7 minute halves and no score limit. Draws are allowed.

2.2 League matches are played with the 3-men-def-rule.

2.3 Definition of the 3def-zone:
General position of the 3def-zone:
Spoiler: Show

Once three attacking players have entered the 3def-zone, it's position is defined by the third most forward attacking player:

The following rule applies, when the ball is 100% in the 3def-zone(-see exception below):
The defending team is allowed to only enter the 3def-zone with three players. The fourth player isn't allowed to touch the attacking players in the 3def-zone and has to make sure they can move freely in all directions.

Exception:
If the ball comes from a defending player and it's possible for the fourth player to bring it out of the 3def-zone without being touched by an attacking player, he is allowed to enter the 3def-zone. This shall only be done though if it is clearly possible and any failed attempt leads into a major rule violation, so it should only be done cautiously!

2.4 It's the defending teams responsibility that it’s always possible to not violate the rule, for example that you are able to leave the 3def-zone fast enough when the ball enters it again.

2.5 In the case of situations where a captain feels the 3-man defence rule has been broken, they can submit the replay and the relevant times to an admin after the game or in the related matchday topic.
Small offences will be taken note of for future games; in the event of serious repeated offences a defloss may be given to the offending team. It is up to the admins in the end.

2.6 League games should start at 20:00 GMT (21:00 CET) unless a different time has been agreed between the two captains.

2.7 Each matchday will feature one 'top match' (either Division 1 or Division 2) that will be streamed. The top match will be streamed at 21:00 GMT (22:00 CET). Top matches will be selected by the admins.

2.8 The bottom three teams from Division 1 will be relegated and the top three teams from Division 2 will be promoted. Please note that this may be subject to change depending on the number of teams available for the following season.

2.9 In case of disbandings of Division 1 teams, Division 1 will be filled up with teams in the following order:
- 4th placed team in division 2
- 10th placed team in division 1 (8th if only 10 teams)
- 5th placed team in division 2
- 11th placed team in division 1 (9th if only 10 teams)
- 6th placed team in division 2
- 12th placed team in division 1 (10th if only 10 teams)
- 7th placed team in division 2
- 8th placed team in division 2

Cup Match Format

3.1 All matches are played in HTML mode of haxball. Cup matches are 4v4 big easy with two 7 minute halves.

3.2 During the knock-out stage of the cup, matches can only end in a win or loss.

3.3 If after two halves the knock-out match is still tied, there will be overtime until a winning goal is scored (Stop the match at full-time, set goal limit to 1 and switch sides).

3.4 The cup final will be played with two 10 minute halves, with overtime if the match is tied at full-time (same as the other rounds - switch sides at full-time, no time limit, 1 goal limit).

Rosters

4.1 Rosters must have minimum of 5 players and a maximum of 12 players.

Wildcards

5.1 Each team has 6 league wildcards, they can use at any time during the season.
It will be up to the captain wanting to use the wildcard and the captain of their opponents to discuss a suitable date to replay the game. Once a suitable date is arranged the captain must report the date change in the Wildcard HQ forum.

5.2 Each team will be granted 2 additional wildcards for use in the cup only. All rounds can be wildcarded, except the final.

5.3 You can not use a wildcard on the last game of your Teams Division. All final day games can not be postponed.
All wildcarded Matches have to be played on the last Matchday of your Teams Division.

5.4 Wildcarded fixtures must be played within 3 Days. (Days like in the FM Schedule counting -> Schedule)
Example: Wildcarded Match of Day1 have to be played by the Date of Day4;
Wildcarded Match of Day2 have to be played by the Date of Day5; ...
Exception1: If the 3 Days are divided by the Mid Season Break you have 2 weeks to play it.
Exception2: See Rule 5.3
Failure to play a fixture within this time will result in the game being voided and both teams having -3 added to their goal difference.

5.5 All fixture changes (wildcards) must reported by 19:00 GMT (20:00 CET). Failure to report a fixture change in time will result in the fixture going ahead anyway.

5.6 Once both teams agreed to play at one date, you cant cancel it anymore without opponents agreement. If you can’t play the opponent can take a defwin.

Cuts, Signs and Trades

6.1 Free Agents have full control over which team they choose to play for. Once they are signed up on the Free Agency on the website, Captains can make offers to the player. It is entirely up to the player as to which team they sign for.

6.2 Players can only play in 4v4 competition for one team in each leg. Once a player played for one team, he cant play for any other team in 4v4 competition during this leg. The first leg includes the Days 1-13, the second leg the Days 14-27.

6.3 On match days a signing must be finalised before 19:00 GMT (20:00 CET) for the player to be eligible for that night's games.

6.4 For postponed matches a sign must be finalised at any time before the game.

6.5 Cuts can be made at any point during the season.
6.6 People can join Free Agency until 1st August 19:00 GMT (20:00 CET). After that Teams are only allowed to sign Free Agents who signed up before closing of FA Sign Up.
However, players who leave their team after FA was closed, can still rejoin their old team. They just can’t join any other team. In case of this, team captain has to contact admin team and ask permission for a player X to join the team.

6.7 A team can make unlimited cuts and signs throughout the season.

6.8 All captaincy changes need admin permission. A captain cannot switch teams without admin permission.

6.9 If a team disbands in a running season then the captain gets a captaincy prohibition. Also he gets banned from playing for the rest of the season.

6.10 If there's a captaincy change the original captain is not allowed to play for another team for the rest of the season.

Playoffs/ Relegations

7.1 The top 3 teams in division 1 and cup winner will qualify* to the Champions League. However, this may change depending if the team has already got a CL spot. If Cup winner is in top 3 already then Cup Runner-Up will qualify. (If Runner-Up is also top 3 then 4th place league will qualify).

(* note that teams will be qualified to CL according to the standings of the latest FM season that has been finished before the following CL edition starts. Therefore there might be seasons when there is no teams sent to CL from FM because CL editions are organized in slower cycle compared to FM.)

7.2 The bottom 3 teams in Division 1 will be relegated to Division 2. Playoffs for relegations may be announced.

7.3 The top 3 in Division 2 will be promoted.

7.4 7.2 and 7.3 may change depending on league expansion/shrinking.

Miscellaneous

8.1 Macro's are not allowed in the league and anyone caught using them will be suspended forever.

8.2 Anybody who multi-accounts(the multi will be deleted) will be suspended for 5 matches and then if repeated rest of the season and third time forever.

8.3 If a team receives 3 deflosses in one leg or 4 deflosses in a whole season, they will disband and all their games will be a 3-0 defloss.(All 2nd leg matches if 1st leg matches were played regularly) It is up to the admins in the end.

8.4 A div 1 team can be disbanded by the admins at any time of the season and all of their games will be valued as defwin for their opponents. They will not get replaced by another team.

8.5 A div 2 team can be disbanded by the admins at any time of the season and all of their games will be valued as defwin for their opponents. A team on the waiting list will replace that team and finish the season.

8.6 If a team disbands then any regular players for that team are still under the normal transfer rules (can only play for 1 team in each leg of the season).

8.7 The captain of each team at the start of the season can not play for another team all season. He is locked for both legs of the season. If he passes captaincy to someone else then that captain is also locked for both legs until the end of the season.

DISCLAIMER: We reserve the right to modify, add and remove rules as we see fit during the course of the season. Rule changes, additions and removals will be posted in their own post(as well as being added to the first post) to give notification of the change, so make sure to read this if there is a new post as it may effect you during the season.

We also reserve the right to step in and block/deal with situations that may not technically be against the rules but could be seen as morally wrong and taking advantage.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImage
ATuntija

News Articles: 12

Position: Forward

Re: Season 25 Rulebook - 4v4 league

Postby Nocke » May 11th, 2019, 11:06 pm

8.1 Macro's are not allowed in the league and anyone caught using them will be suspended forever.

Funny. Might as well remove this rule, since the majority of players play with macro at this point.
25 seasons and nothing has been done about this.
Or, do something about it, implement some application that keeps track of the applications you have in the background, while you play haxball. The italian league had this at some point, not sure if they still have it or if it's still alive even. I played there, with the application running, and everything was fine. If they can do it, I'm sure this league can do it, one or way another. The league doesn't even have to necessarily implement this application of course, admins might be able to implement something else to counter macro.

It's even funnier when certain players 'cry' when they get outspammed even while they have macro by someone who doesn't (not saying names, but you know yourselves). I so want to see the day that something like this gets implemented, and to see which players start to suddenly cry on forums about this new implementation, I so wanna see this day, but it most likely won't happen. Haxball nowadays is casual, and in my opinion, administrators are casual players as well - not that it's a bad thing obviously, I haven't really been playing as much lately. But whenever I do, I remind myself of the reason why I don't play as much in the first place.

I am a fast spammer, and while a lot of you might think I use macro, I don't. If you were to play one game with me, on mic, you'd be able to hear my keyboard, and so you'd be able to hear me spam. It's easy to say 'macro' whenever someone is able to press a key faster than you. 'Wow, really? That can happen? Someone spamming faster than me? No way.'

Of course, this can be said about myself since I'm the one writing this topic, but I am pretty sure, no, in fact I am certain we all know there's a HUGE amount of players using macro. So, if admins actually do something about it then we will finally see who has macro and who doesn't, who will play the same way and who won't.

It may or may not be a big thing to ask, but please do something about it. If some other league was able to do it, then why shouldn't this one be able to, the biggest league in haxball? I think it's time.
Last edited by Nocke on May 11th, 2019, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nocke

News Articles: 0

Postby Rizzoli » May 11th, 2019, 11:42 pm

I agree with you Nocke, there was also a Serbian league where players were forced to use an application which detects macro. We are all aware of the fact there is a bunch of players using it at this point, so if it really happens here, then a lot of them will be banned and that's not good for league or they will stop using macro and their level won't be as high as it used to be because they aren't able to play without macro.
"Jesam li veći kockar ja, koji sam prokockao vlastiti novac ili neki koji su prokockali svetinju, osmijeh djece i radost navijača?"

Josip Kuže, uno di noi
Rizzoli

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Nocke » May 12th, 2019, 1:57 am

Rizzoli wrote:I agree with you Nocke, there was also a Serbian league where players were forced to use an application which detects macro. We are all aware of the fact there is a bunch of players using it at this point, so if it really happens here, then a lot of them will be banned and that's not good for league or they will stop using macro and their level won't be as high as it used to be because they aren't able to play without macro.

if they will be banned then that will be very good for the league because everyone will finally be forced to play fair, isn't that the whole point? the players that use macro will lose some of their skill, well, that's on them. it might prompt the rise of new players that might've been terrible against these players, but are at least decent now against them. why should there be a fear of a 'loss in competitiveness' if macro players are banned or forced to play without macro?
Nocke

Postby ShimShon » May 12th, 2019, 6:42 am

Nocke wrote:8.1 Macro's are not allowed in the league and anyone caught using them will be suspended forever.

Funny. Might as well remove this rule, since the majority of players play with macro at this point.
Or, do something about it, implement some application that keeps track of the applications you have in the background, while you play haxball. The italian league had this at some point, not sure if they still have it or if it's still alive even. I played there, with the application running, and everything was fine. If they can do it, I'm sure this league can do it, one or way another. The league doesn't even have to necessarily implement this application of course, admins might be able to implement something else to counter macro.

It's even funnier when certain players 'cry' when they get outspammed even while they have macro by someone who doesn't (not saying names, but you know yourselves). I so want to see the day that something like this gets implemented, and to see which players start to suddenly cry on forums about this new implementation, I so wanna see this day, but it most likely won't happen. Haxball nowadays is casual, and in my opinion, administrators are casual players as well - not that it's a bad thing obviously, I haven't really been playing as much lately. But whenever I do, I remind myself of the reason why I don't play as much in the first place.

I am a fast spammer, and while a lot of you might think I use macro, I don't. If you were to play one game with me, on mic, you'd be able to hear my keyboard, and so you'd be able to hear me spam. It's easy to say 'macro' whenever someone is able to press a key faster than you. 'Wow, really? That can happen? Someone spamming faster than me? No way.'

Of course, this can be said about myself since I'm the one writing this topic, but I am pretty sure, no, in fact I am certain we all know there's a HUGE amount of players using macro. So, if admins actually do something about it then we will finally see who has macro and who doesn't, who will play the same way and who won't.

It may or may not be a big thing to ask, but please do something about it. If some other league was able to do it, then why shouldn't this one be able to, the biggest league in haxball? I think it's time.

who is using macro? why would u avoid naming them if you are so sure they use it, stop crying not a lot of players are using macro, especially not in official matches, and some of the ones u think use it might just spam fast like you
ShimShon

Postby ShimShon » May 12th, 2019, 6:45 am

if u guys are so sure about it send their names with a replay to where u think they used macro in an official match, the admins use common sense here, if it's so obvious they will be banned, but i guess you just enjoy crying about the opposite team using macro every time you loose
ShimShon

Postby moti » May 12th, 2019, 9:29 am

100% confirmed macro players:
Catrice - in every match,which he plays
Marble - HCL match Seeders - Stiff Wind

I can tell you minimum 20 names ( most of them turks ),but i need time to watch recs and im too lazy.

Have a nice day ^^
moti

Postby SuarezN7 » May 12th, 2019, 9:58 am

Nocke is officially the biggest hypocrite :clown:
Shouting about something wrong won't make you look like you are innocent.
SuarezN7

News Articles: 1

Postby ATuntija » May 12th, 2019, 10:36 am

Based on captain voting, cup map will be big easy on season 25:

3.1 All matches are played in HTML mode of haxball. Cup matches are 4v4 big easy with two 7 minute halves.
ATuntija

Postby Yannex » May 12th, 2019, 10:42 am

ATuntija wrote:Based on captain voting, cup map will be big easy on season 25:

a?? :fp: :fp: :fp:

when did captains vote exactly? and please show who voted this xDD
+ thinking about big easy as an option for a cup match is a retarded thing to do..
Yannex

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby ATuntija » May 12th, 2019, 10:50 am

Yannex wrote:

+ thinking about big easy as an option for a cup match is a retarded thing to do..

Voting started on 8.5. on forum in the captain zone. It will be closed on 16.5. but since there are only two teams who haven't voted yet and big easy has 4 votes more than big at the moment, big easy can announced as a winner of this voting.

Big has 8 votes
Big easy has 12 votes
Futsal has 2 votes

Until the voting has officially closed, no more detailed info will be given.
ATuntija

Postby Yannex » May 12th, 2019, 10:56 am

ATuntija wrote:
Yannex wrote:

Voting started on 8.5. on forum in the captain zone. It will be closed on 16.5. but since there are only two teams who haven't voted yet and big easy has 4 votes more than big at the moment, big easy can announced as a winner of this voting.

Big has 8 votes
Big easy has 12 votes
Futsal has 2 votes

futsal.. :fp: ok i wont even continue arguing about this

i bet i can guess all the retards who voted big easy and futsal xd
Yannex

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby LaggerMet » May 12th, 2019, 11:21 am

I voted futsal
LaggerMet

Postby Lyreco » May 12th, 2019, 11:29 am

Yannex wrote:

Why are they retards lol... Maybe some teams want something other than big only, doesnt make them retarded
Lyreco

Postby Muris 9 » May 12th, 2019, 11:44 am

dolphinunicorn wrote:
Yannex wrote:

Why are they retards lol... Maybe some teams want something other than big only, doesnt make them retarded

Pointless, you can't have a discussion with someone who thinks he's always right
Muris 9

Postby ShimShon » May 12th, 2019, 12:01 pm

Yannex wrote:

yea ive joined this league thinking i'm going to play big, i don't really mind anyway since there are more league matches i just won't play the big easy ones
ShimShon

Postby ShimShon » May 12th, 2019, 12:06 pm

I think it's stupid becuase everyone here plays and will play big on the league, not everyone here plays or wants to play big easy, I think it should have been the vast majority and not just the majority in order for you to change a map everyone is willing to play anyway
ShimShon

Postby wroz » May 12th, 2019, 12:13 pm

Yannex wrote:

never thought i would agree about anything with that guy but in this case i do

cup's competition lost its meaning. now, since the cup will be played on big easy, the hcl spot shouldnt be granted to its winner, instead the spot should be given to the 4th team in the league
Last edited by wroz on May 12th, 2019, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wroz

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Nocke » May 12th, 2019, 12:21 pm

ShimShon wrote:
Nocke wrote:8.1 Macro's are not allowed in the league and anyone caught using them will be suspended forever.

who is using macro? why would u avoid naming them if you are so sure they use it, stop crying not a lot of players are using macro, especially not in official matches, and some of the ones u think use it might just spam fast like you

Well, it's not my job to see who has macro and who doesn't, is it? Also I'm not going to be that guy that tries to 'tell on people'. I'm just saying, if a rule is going to be implemented, then at least enforce it.
Last edited by Nocke on May 12th, 2019, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nocke

Postby Nocke » May 12th, 2019, 12:22 pm

SuarezN7 wrote:Nocke is officially the biggest hypocrite :clown:
Shouting about something wrong won't make you look like you are innocent.

I'm a hypocrite? Why would I suggest that admins enforce a rule to punish players that use macro if I use it as well?
You need to get yourself checked.
Nocke

Next

Return to Season 25