Season 23 Announcements (4v4)

Moderator: Herna

Season 23 Announcements (4v4)

Postby ATuntija » September 1st, 2018, 12:57 pm

League structure:
For the season 23, FeedMe will be expanded. There will be 30 teams in total. Division 1 consists of 10 teams and Division 2 consists of 20 teams divided into two groups (A & B, 10 teams in each).
3v3 league will be played in one big division like it has been played so far. See the separate announcement for 3v3 league.

Wildcards:
Amount of wildcards is -5- per team for League matches and -2- for Cup matches.
3v3 still will have unlimited number of wildcards.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following announcements is for the 4v4 league only.

Season 23 on 4v4 league will start on the 9th September with Cup 1st round. First league matches will be played on 13th September

League System
Platform - HTML
Stadium - Big
Time Limit - 7 minutes per half
Halves - 2
Days - Thursday / Sunday
Time - 20:00 GMT (21:00 CET) - streamed game 21:00 GMT (22:00 CET)
Relegations - Bottom 4 in division 1 will be relegated to division 2, top 2 in division 2A and top 2 in division 2B will be promoted into division 1. Bottom 5 from both divisions 2A and 2B are in danger to be relegated into division 3 for the season 24 *
*= in case league structure will be changed into 3 divisions for the season 24.

Cup
Platform - HTML
Stadium - Big
Format - 1st Round - Round of 16 - Quarter Finals - Semi Finals - Final
Time Limit - 7 minute per half (10 min for final)
Overtime goal limit: 1 and changing sides
Halves - 2
Days - Thursday / Sunday
Time - 20:00 GMT (21:00 CET) (streamed game depends)

Cup 1st Round TBA

The following teams have been accepted to be in FM for season 23:

Division 1 -
Klub Emeryta
Chimera
QuickSwans
Trailer Park Penguins
Angry Bulls
Mighty Ducks
archNemeses
Nightly Artists
OMERTÀ
TurnUpTurnips

Division 2 A -
Meh Squirrel
KINGS
Balls Be Flyin’
Dagoes
FATALITY!
Suavemente (new)
Uzvara (new)
Gladiators (new)
Resurgence (new)
Skins (new)

Division 2 B -
Lucky Strike
FLAMES
Blue Panthers
Pablo Haxobar
Ajhax
Elite69 (new)
Excellents (new)
FEAR (new)
Guns N’ Moses (new)
Fossils (new)

Waiting List:
H2K (new)

Schedule

Signings / Transfer Window
- 6.2 Players can only play for one team in each leg. Once a player played for one team, he cant play for any other team during these leg. The first leg includes the Days 1-12, the second leg the Days 13-23.
- Free agency will close on the the 15th November (Day 19) before League Matches (players not allowed to sign up for Free Agency anymore)

Staff / Jobs
Head-Admin:
Hannes

Admins:
MrP
A. Tuntija

Supporter:
Herna
Muris

jonnyynnoj

Technical Help:
saviola
socrates

Fantasy Haxball:
pm someone of the team if you want to organize it

Goal of the Week Orga:
?

Previews:
?

Stream Orga:
?

Contact Hannes, A.Tuntija, Muris or MrP if you want to help. (not Herna)

Rules (TBA)
Spoiler: Show
[url]www[/url]

ATuntija

News Articles: 12

Position: Forward

Re: Season 23 Announcements (4v4)

Postby TehBeast » September 1st, 2018, 1:24 pm

The extra division looks very exciting. As an addition I think it would be interesting to introduce play-off matches at the end of the season, as it could be possible division A/B is stronger than the other division. To ensure the best teams stay in division 1 a system could be introduced which lets the top teams of division A and B compete for spots in division 1. It wouldn't only assure the quality of division 1, it would also add a more competitive component to the league which it sometimes lacks imo.

:thumbup:

TehBeast

News Articles: 0

Postby socrates » September 1st, 2018, 1:41 pm

TehBeast wrote:The extra division looks very exciting. As an addition I think it would be interesting to introduce play-off matches at the end of the season, as it could be possible division A/B is stronger than the other division. To ensure the best teams stay in division 1 a system could be introduced which lets the top teams of division A and B compete for spots in division 1. It wouldn't only assure the quality of division 1, it would also add a more competitive component to the league which it sometimes lacks imo.

:thumbup:

Hmmm I kind of agree in a way. Not sure what the best way to do it would be though. Imo 4 is the optimum amount for promotion/relegation and I wouldn't want to change that. There should be some automatic promotion so top teams of each div should promote. Maybe then 2nd A vs 3rd B and vice versa? Then you might only get 1 team promoting from a whole division though which maybe seems unfair.

With playoffs there is also a possibility that a team plays much better than their opponents all ssn - get 20 more points etc but just have a really bad day in playoffs and get knocked out by a team finishing in 3rd when they would be 2nd.

I do see your point though because looking at the divisions I would say there is a good chance that 3rd in one could be stronger than 2nd in another.

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby tSharky » September 1st, 2018, 2:32 pm

How do we know who's the champion?

tSharky

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby jelly » September 1st, 2018, 2:59 pm

I think it's either both teams finished 1st in Div1 A and B or we will do play-offs, like 4 teams will do play-offs top 2 in A and B

jelly

Postby aeRo » September 1st, 2018, 3:07 pm

1st from each (A+B) and 2nd from A vs 3rd from B and 3rd from A vs 2nd from B for 2 more slots? idk if that's too many promoted/relegated though

aeRo
Elder of da Realm

Postby NaNi » September 1st, 2018, 3:11 pm

socrates wrote:With playoffs there is also a possibility that a team plays much better than their opponents all ssn - get 20 more points etc but just have a really bad day in playoffs and get knocked out by a team finishing in 3rd when they would be 2nd.

To be Honest i would to it like this: 1st place from both groups should have the advantage to go to 1.div and 2.place of Group A plays vs 3rd place of Group B and the other way (=Playoffs). The reason why i would do it is this: There are 2 "Groups" of 2.Division now and i dont know how u guys distributed the teams. Maybe Group A is stronger then B for example? Then its easier for B to be 1st place.The 3rd Places should have a chance too and the better team will go to 1.division thats it. Its hard if only 2 of 10 teams would have the advantage to go to 1.Division. Normally there would be 1 Division with 12 Teams and 4 would qualify(1/3 of all teams), now u guys made 2 Groups each 10 Teams where 2 Teams qualifies (1/5 of all Teams). Wouldnt be fair :roll:

NaNi

Postby socrates » September 1st, 2018, 3:15 pm

Idk admins should discuss this I guess but one of the main problems I have is say that 2nd in A loses vs 3rd in B, then 3rd in A wins vs 2nd in B. You could have both 2nd place teams not promoting to Div1 and both 3rd place teams promoting. That would be really unfair ^

socrates

Postby Herna » September 1st, 2018, 3:17 pm

Play-offs dont make anything fairer^^ Often a team from division 1 disbands anyway, then you can still make play-offs between 3rd palced teams of both division if you like them so much.

Only fair thing would be one 20-team 2nd division anyway but people are too scared >.<

Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby Kagawa » September 1st, 2018, 3:29 pm

Maybe we should play few games in playoffs, like best of 2, or 3? In my opinion you can't beat anyone in 3 games with the luck factor only. :D

Kagawa

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Jappo » September 1st, 2018, 3:30 pm

Herna wrote:Play-offs dont make anything fairer^^ Often a team from division 1 disbands anyway, then you can still make play-offs between 3rd palced teams of both division if you like them so much.

Only fair thing would be one 20-team 2nd division anyway but people are too scared >.<

you cheated yourself back into the 1st div. not the first time...
how many times TuT promoted now with a place 4,5, or 6? 3 times?

i dont know why not the 4th place of 2nd div. play an playoff-match vs the 10th place of 1st div. in this case... but ok. the rules said it before...

u have luck again ...ARMINIA!

4.Liga Braunschweig ist dabei!

Jappo

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby NaNi » September 1st, 2018, 3:30 pm

socrates wrote:Idk admins should discuss this I guess but one of the main problems I have is say that 2nd in A loses vs 3rd in B, then 3rd in A wins vs 2nd in B. You could have both 2nd place teams not promoting to Div1 and both 3rd place teams promoting. That would be really unfair ^

If you think like this maybe the distribution of the Groups is unfair then too :D? If a Team would have better chances at the other group for example ^^ Everyone needs to have the same chances.

Herna wrote:Play-offs dont make anything fairer^^ Often a team from division 1 disbands anyway, then you can still make play-offs between 3rd palced teams of both division if you like them so much.

You can not expect that, we need to be neutral. At the end of the Season if a Div.1 Team disbands then Admins would find a solution. 20-Team 2nd Division wouldnt be the nicest idea^^ You cant make 38 Games or if we leave back round out it would be 19 Games but unfair too cause we normally play at 1.Division with back rounds. The only Option would be a 3rd Division. As i saw we have perfectly 10 New Teams. You maybe should put them to a 3rd Division maybe but idk^^

NaNi

Postby TehBeast » September 1st, 2018, 3:50 pm

socrates wrote:Idk admins should discuss this I guess but one of the main problems I have is say that 2nd in A loses vs 3rd in B, then 3rd in A wins vs 2nd in B. You could have both 2nd place teams not promoting to Div1 and both 3rd place teams promoting. That would be really unfair ^

Play-offs can be unfair. That's what makes them fun.

TehBeast

Postby ATuntija » September 1st, 2018, 4:02 pm

NaNi wrote:
socrates wrote:With playoffs there is also a possibility that a team plays much better than their opponents all ssn - get 20 more points etc but just have a really bad day in playoffs and get knocked out by a team finishing in 3rd when they would be 2nd.

To be Honest i would to it like this: 1st place from both groups should have the advantage to go to 1.div and 2.place of Group A plays vs 3rd place of Group B and the other way (=Playoffs). The reason why i would do it is this: There are 2 "Groups" of 2.Division now and i dont know how u guys distributed the teams. Maybe Group A is stronger then B for example? Then its easier for B to be 1st place.The 3rd Places should have a chance too and the better team will go to 1.division thats it. Its hard if only 2 of 10 teams would have the advantage to go to 1.Division. Normally there would be 1 Division with 12 Teams and 4 would qualify(1/3 of all teams), now u guys made 2 Groups each 10 Teams where 2 Teams qualifies (1/5 of all Teams). Wouldnt be fair :roll:

Normally 3 of 12 teams would promote.
It means 9 teams wont promote. Now there is 2+2 teams promoting, leaving 3+3 not promoting/relegating (as bottom 5 from both groups might go down to division 3 for season 24).

Jappo wrote:

you cheated yourself back into the 1st div. not the first time...
how many times TuT promoted now with a place 4,5, or 6? 3 times?

i dont know why not the 4th place of 2nd div. play an playoff-match vs the 10th place of 1st div. in this case... but ok. the rules said it before...

u have luck again ...ARMINIA!

4.Liga Braunschweig ist dabei!

Herna has nothing to do with this decision.

About those groups of 2nd division. New teams were drawn there randomly. You can find a stream on FeedMe channel if you want to watch it.

ATuntija

Postby lajz » September 1st, 2018, 4:17 pm

What about 3 down from div 1, 2A and 2B automatically to div 1. Either 2A vs 2B for 3rd slot in div 1 or 2A vs 3b & 3A vs 2B and winners fight for the last spot.
It's not really fair to make 40% of the div 1 out to div 2.

lajz

Postby socrates » September 1st, 2018, 4:31 pm

I would imagine that there is only 4 teams relegating this ssn. Since there is a bigger influx of newer teams than usual it means the divisions can get balanced quicker. I would suspect that next ssn if there is a div3 and the teams are balanced then there would be less team relegating from div1.

There are lots of new strong teams so I think if some team doesnt finish top 6 of div1 this ssn then they probably aren't in the top 10 teams in FM (if that makes sense).

socrates

Postby ATuntija » September 1st, 2018, 4:35 pm

That's exactly the case at the moment.

Of course, if there will be 3rd division for the season 24, there will be max. 3 teams promoting/relegating.

ATuntija

Postby lajz » September 1st, 2018, 4:46 pm

What is the case of making divisions then?
For me it makes sense only for making div 1 filled with the best teams (since its hard to make it to playoffs and win them). Balance is a thing cannot be made quick. Sadly, it's a long process and you can't really tell you're making it by "throwing out" 40% of div 1 and another 40% of the div 1 teams to CL (according to old rules, idk how it's gonna be in a future).

lajz

Postby ATuntija » September 1st, 2018, 5:04 pm

lajz wrote:What is the case of making divisions then?
For me it makes sense only for making div 1 filled with the best teams (since its hard to make it to playoffs and win them). Balance is a thing cannot be made quick. Sadly, it's a long process and you can't really tell you're making it by "throwing out" 40% of div 1 and another 40% of the div 1 teams to CL (according to old rules, idk how it's gonna be in a future).

Only top3 will be sent to HCL, like before. 4th place goes to cup winner.

ATuntija

Postby huub » September 1st, 2018, 6:14 pm

one of the 2 2nd divs might be better than the other at first sight, but we all know how many cuts and signs happen during the seasons with some teams, so in the end u cant really say it.
I think its a good idea to balance the divsisions as a pre fase for next season like this, and make a 3rd for next season and adjust the promotion/relegate by then again.

huub

Next

Return to Season 23