Would you rather

switch to HTML5 as soon as possible
53%
stick with flash for now
47%

Total votes : 143

Re: HTML5

Postby OffSync » June 2nd, 2018, 6:57 pm

socrates wrote:Also am I the only one that morally thinks its a bit wrong for people trying make money out of haxball? Have 1 server, create 10 rooms and charge 10 people for it. Guess people can spend their money how they like so no problem Would be nice to think that the people doing this give some donations to basro, I doubt it though.

No you are not the only one. This update only affects you if your server is shared by 6 or more people. While a pretty good csgo or minecraft server costs around 8 euros per month.

Bobo my friend, how many clients used the same server they payed for? 10? 20?

OffSync

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby bobo_cro » June 2nd, 2018, 10:51 pm

OffSync wrote:
socrates wrote:Also am I the only one that morally thinks its a bit wrong for people trying make money out of haxball? Have 1 server, create 10 rooms and charge 10 people for it. Guess people can spend their money how they like so no problem Would be nice to think that the people doing this give some donations to basro, I doubt it though.

No you are not the only one. This update only affects you if your server is shared by 6 or more people. While a pretty good csgo or minecraft server costs around 8 euros per month.

Bobo my friend, how many clients used the same server they payed for? 10? 20?

Oh so you did educate yourself. A bit too late though, but since I don't know what you're talking about (nor do I think you know) I'll just drop the entire "discussion" (more like a monologue). See you on the battlefield :)

bobo_cro

Postby OffSync » June 3rd, 2018, 3:02 pm

thats a cute segway bobo, and I am happy you found a new business model but be honest and tell us:

HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE PAYING 10 EUR FOR THE SAME SERVER (WHAT YOU RENT FOR 8 EUR)?

edit:
I got a msg:

first line of message is a quote from this post:

<19:19:48> "anon": HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE PAYING 10 EUR FOR THE SAME SERVER (WHAT YOU RENT FOR 8 EUR)?
<19:19:51> "anon": cca 25
<19:20:04> "anon": a friend gave me screen that was buying from him for 1 month
<19:20:25> "anon": he bought a server for 25-30€ tho

According to this you made 250 eur/month for sharing 1 server, your cost was 25, thats 90% profit rate. Apparently you were ripping people off and without this update you would continue to rip the community off.

Please educate yourself about ethics next time you leech a self sustaining gaming community. You know we are friends mate, I am not against you, I am just against this business plan of yours.

OffSync

Postby Kivi » June 4th, 2018, 7:00 pm

OffSync wrote:thats a cute segway bobo, and I am happy you found a new business model but be honest and tell us:

HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE PAYING 10 EUR FOR THE SAME SERVER (WHAT YOU RENT FOR 8 EUR)?

edit:
I got a msg:

first line of message is a quote from this post:

<19:19:48> "anon": HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE PAYING 10 EUR FOR THE SAME SERVER (WHAT YOU RENT FOR 8 EUR)?
<19:19:51> "anon": cca 25
<19:20:04> "anon": a friend gave me screen that was buying from him for 1 month
<19:20:25> "anon": he bought a server for 25-30€ tho

According to this you made 250 eur/month for sharing 1 server, your cost was 25, thats 90% profit rate. Apparently you were ripping people off and without this update you would continue to rip the community off.

Please educate yourself about ethics next time you leech a self sustaining gaming community. You know we are friends mate, I am not against you, I am just against this business plan of yours.

That's how life works. Get over it.

Kivi

Position: Forward

Postby OffSync » June 5th, 2018, 11:49 am

No Kivi you foolish teenager. Bobo advertises the service like this:

This Solution Allows You to Use all The Advantages of Dedicated Physical Servers at a Lower Financial Cost.

Textbook deception and fraud.

OffSync

Postby Lokizzh » June 5th, 2018, 1:07 pm

It used to be like that, but now to go on the headless web page u're forced to do an Extreme and huge sets of actions because u're not allowed to do anything except to open haxball's rooms. Got to stay with OffSync

Lokizzh

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Kivi » June 5th, 2018, 3:47 pm

OffSync wrote:No Kivi you foolish teenager. Bobo advertises the service like this:

This Solution Allows You to Use all The Advantages of Dedicated Physical Servers at a Lower Financial Cost.

Didn't know that foolish teenagers have their own earnings and live already alone. It's like McDonalds advertising having the best burger. They don't, but they do because it's selling better. If you believe advertising you're foolish, looks like you're gonna learn that the hard way.

Kivi

Position: Forward

Postby Nocke » June 5th, 2018, 4:44 pm

Kivi wrote:
OffSync wrote:No Kivi you foolish teenager. Bobo advertises the service like this:

Didn't know that foolish teenagers have their own earnings and live already alone. It's like McDonalds advertising having the best burger. They don't, but they do because it's selling better. If you believe advertising you're foolish, looks like you're gonna learn that the hard way.

You're right. Partly.

You're right that people should not instantly believe in advertising - but if you were to do an advertisement, lying to people THAT hard isn't the way. Sure, some ads do lie, but again, not in this manner.
An example is McDonalds saying they sell 10 burgers to a family for the price of one - but then, when that pack of 10 burgers is bought and they open it at home, they find out it's filled with just 1 burger.

Notice the plural version of server, and notice how the letter 'a' wasn't used before Dedicated Physical Servers. If the vps server was actually advertised like that, as if there's more than one, why step in and defend the guy advertising something fake? I don't see why you're defending a person like this. Saying "lmao get over it kid that's how life works, u cant trust anyone............" out of nowhere will do no one any good. It is good that people are getting exposed, promising features that they cannot bring to the table. Let it happen.

Spoiler: Show
Nocke

Postby OffSync » June 5th, 2018, 4:52 pm

Come on Kivi. This is offtopic but if you advertise a thing and sell a different thing thats fraud. Combined with the 90%< profit rate I think it is the community's interest to call these shenanigans out. If one kid who payed 10 eur for this service reads this and second guesses paying for this service I already did something. Not much but something. Acting all emo and be like "the world is ending anyway so who cares" doesn't lead anywhere.

If this update comes earlier I would call them out ages ago. But I did not know they sell a hundreth of a server for 10 eur. Complaining about the update on FM takes even more arrogance on their part.

I am not just trolling either. I am proposing an idea. Lets buy a server for FM guys. I threw in a few bucks too despite the fact admins ruined hungarian haxball*. Seems like one server is enough for the entire community. Source: we were using 1 server all along... And not just us, I've seen that server in every other league too.

Lets just pretend we are a self-sustaining community. Please admins, ask around. Ask the captains if they are willing to pay for a vps host. Nearly every team has one already, and I am pretty sure if we join together we can have a server for 1 eur per month instead of 10 per kopf.

Lets pretend we trust each other for a while and let us not accept if one of us is actively ripping us off. Thanks and sorry for derailing the topic.

*: They did not accept our 15th application after our 14th disband. Shame on them.

OffSync

Postby Barca » September 20th, 2018, 5:58 pm

Big shout out to the warning list

Barca

News Articles: 4

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Previous

Return to League Discussion