HTML5 new format for FM

Moderator: Herna

Re: HTML5 new format for FM

Postby Allen » April 24th, 2018, 8:25 pm

You could've satisfied everyone by giving teams the option to choose between themselves.When you had that vote it was 50% 50%
so if you choose HTML, players will be disappointed and stop playing league because they dont want it but if you'd choose flash players that wanted HTML would still play flash because they still played flash even before this decision.
Allen

News Articles: 0

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby OffSync » April 24th, 2018, 11:09 pm

Allen wrote:You could've satisfied everyone by giving teams the option to choose between themselves.

Ok, lets say your and my team are facing each other.

We want html5, because we never play on flash. You want flash because you never play on html5.

What happens next? A staring contest?
OffSync

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby B4D4SS » April 24th, 2018, 11:31 pm

To be honest lets just go play in Flash leagues, like HaxLife or ILH etc.. Or somebody start up a new EU league like League1 on Flash mode, eventually it will become the new biggest EU 4v4 league since more people can play + want to play on Flash anyway
B4D4SS

Postby Rénbeaudach » April 25th, 2018, 12:06 am

Flash wrote:Left side = B4D 4SS IQ
Right side = average human IQ

Image Image

I agree with my hungarian comrade he is the shit :thumbup:

LOOOOOOOOOOOL
Rénbeaudach

News Articles: 3

Division 1 Winner: Season 99

Postby Allen » April 25th, 2018, 4:54 am

OffSync wrote:
Allen wrote:You could've satisfied everyone by giving teams the option to choose between themselves.

We want html5, because we never play on flash. You want flash because you never play on html5.

A staring contest is a good idea but giving the fact that html players play flash we should play flash.
Allen

Postby socrates » April 25th, 2018, 8:49 am

I think 95% of people can play HTML (even if some prefer flash still). The 3v3 lasts season had 18 teams and 0 issues with HTML were reported that I'm aware of. The vps issue is something we can sort I think - some weaker vps have problems but other vps work fine on HTML, we just need to use these instead. There are only a small amount of people that absolutely can't play html, people with laptops which are 10 years old (correct me if I'm wrong). Its natural I guess that old hardware will have problems and its maybe unfair to restrict everyone due to some players using old hardware.

We actually finally have basro interested in developing and improving haxball. Eventually flash will be removed so its good to try to keep basro motivated to improve HTML. There needs to be one serious league using html at least.

The majority of admins actually prefer playing on flash and the switch is actually bad for them as the best PH player Hawk might not be able to play for us now. It was not a biased decision for sure and they just made the decision they thought was best in the long term for FM.

If anyone does have issues that prevent them playing on html then I'm happy to try to help resolve them - feel free to message.
socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby jasko » April 25th, 2018, 9:35 am

I really do not see a problem in server hosting on html except generally unplayable 60+ ping, at least from my own experience, but when someone has 20+ people on 1 server or a 1 CPU core and 1GB ram, u can't really expect nice performance :D

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

Postby Sven Bender » April 25th, 2018, 12:14 pm

as I said before, admins should see all the comments and think again about this change (from flash to HTML), I dont think we need this change right now..
Sven Bender

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Sero07 » April 25th, 2018, 12:17 pm

hail the glorious html

now they read this comment and know they have to stay with html.
Sero07

Postby fr1 » April 25th, 2018, 1:18 pm

I think overall a good decision, not that ill even stay long enough to start the season but a good decision none the less
#secondtonone220
fr1

News Articles: 1

Postby Allen » April 25th, 2018, 1:25 pm

Sero07 wrote:hail the glorious html

i think its time for vidal to comeback and rip you just for supporting HTML
Allen

Postby Vidalo » April 25th, 2018, 3:15 pm

I already won the rap battle against him he needs to find a weaker opponent...
Vidalo

Postby OffSync » April 25th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Allen wrote:
OffSync wrote:

A staring contest is a good idea but giving the fact that html players play flash we should play flash.

I just told I dont play flash (and I have no flash installed on my PC). On the other hand html5 is a standard since 2014(!) and you need nothing to run it just a browser. There are no excuses. You can run html5. End of story.

I would tell you we play html5 or nothing. I guess in the next few minutes the admins would get a lot of pms by a certain member of the community. And my dear friend, this is why you have to change to html5. Because you wont change otherwise. You would still play flash in 2025 if the admins wont change the system here.

In a few months of time you will be grateful to the admins, because you will see how much better html5 haxball is. Trust me. Just give it a chance.
OffSync

Postby Sero07 » April 25th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Allen wrote:
Sero07 wrote:hail the glorious html

i think its time for vidal to comeback and rip you just for supporting HTML

he wasn't even good, it would have been a draw if herna didnt troll vote against me :roll:
Sero07

Postby Jappo » April 25th, 2018, 6:23 pm

Im one of the players who play the game for the longest period (at a time where your-esports and hbbl started, and on pub we played 3on3 on classic, cause there was none the map "big") and for me personally, this isnt a good decision. currently is html for me a completely different world on the technical side.
doesnt matter what the other players say: the feelin is for me different on html. and its not easy to switch right now, but not impossible. probably it takes some time.
it feels like you have gotten a new keyboard or a computer. awful truth.

the other aspect of the alpha beta gamma - or whatever, version and the topic "lag" does the rest.........

but it is an admin decision. either you accept it or it stops right here. senseless moaning will not help
if it damages the league, there is just a new one as your-esports and the "hack" in the past.
the respective guys will take note of this then
but think about that: these guys made this league "big" and to one of the best leagues
Jappo

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby Herna » April 25th, 2018, 8:47 pm

https://github.com/haxball/haxball-issues/issues/242

I think basro explained quite well here which might be the cause for the game being unplayable with low ping, someone can try it out?
Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby Herna » April 30th, 2018, 10:19 am

How did it go with HTML5 in the cup yesterday? In my matches the server hosts made no problem, also there werent any other problems really i guess. Is it fine to play on server hosts for turks/israelian players right now?
Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby Alekos » April 30th, 2018, 1:17 pm

i had ping issues (https://prnt.sc/jbppoq) but then i realized it was because of Chrome :fp:
Alekos

Position: Forward

Postby Unique » April 30th, 2018, 3:07 pm

Herna wrote:How did it go with HTML5 in the cup yesterday? In my matches the server hosts made no problem, also there werent any other problems really i guess. Is it fine to play on server hosts for turks/israelian players right now?

It went fine.. we did have some spikes here and there but overall it was ok.
Unique

Postby Allen » April 30th, 2018, 5:19 pm

Herna wrote:How did it go with HTML5 in the cup yesterday? In my matches the server hosts made no problem, also there werent any other problems really i guess. Is it fine to play on server hosts for turks/israelian players right now?

can you give me a couple of browsers please so i could switch chrome cause i think some of my issues are cause of chrome
Allen

PreviousNext

Return to Season 22