HTML5

Moderator: Herna

Which mode you would prefer to be used in FM 4v4 League in the upcoming season?

Flash
50%
HTML5
50%

Total votes : 181

HTML5

Postby Hannes » April 11th, 2018, 7:42 pm

Maybe you noticed that basro solved the issues with the recordings for html.
So the biggest issue for HTML being used in a serious league mode is solved, which leads us to the question whether Feed Me wants to keep Flash or switch to HTML for the upcoming Season Number 22.

So here is a new poll.

This poll is not a clear decision on what the format will be next season - it is to give admins an idea of what the general feeling of the community is.
Hannes

News Articles: 26
Betting Coins: 200

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Re: HTML5

Postby Soul » April 12th, 2018, 9:35 am

Well I'm just saying, aren't 21 seasons on flash enough and waiting for a host ten years, while on HTML you can play on a normal host? xDD
Soul

News Articles: 0

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Muris 9 » April 12th, 2018, 10:07 am

Soul wrote:Well I'm just saying, aren't 21 seasons on flash enough and waiting for a host ten years, while on HTML you can play on a normal host? xDD

I'd say no xd
Muris 9

Position: Forward

Postby Flash9 » April 12th, 2018, 11:14 am

Thanks for voting for me guys but it's time for HTML5
Flash9

Postby Soul » April 12th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Hahahaha, true!
Soul

Postby TehBeast » April 12th, 2018, 1:04 pm

Why is this discussion still a thing and why do people still vote for flash :scratch:
TehBeast

Postby lsco » April 12th, 2018, 1:44 pm

I was a big fan of html5 on previous threads, but since I've fixed my pc I must say that flash is still a bit better...
Might be a selfish move but I voted for flash.
lsco

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby B4D4SS » April 12th, 2018, 2:48 pm

TehBeast wrote:Why is this discussion still a thing and why do people still vote for flash :scratch:

Cus they don't want to waste their time on a simplistic and dumbed down game that rewards players without them figuring anything out or becoming more skilled. Now I get way more jukes in HTML but my gameplay or skill level hasn't changed at all and it's just boring and feels like the skill level aspect of the game has disappeared.

If basro would not mess with the gameplay like this then I'm sure it would be 100% for HTML but after the full 3v3 season on HTML people are noticing the difference now and changing their minds on HTML. When HTML was the new and shiny thing it was like 52% voted for - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7328, but now people have experience from the 3v3 league it drops to 42%, and I'm sure after another season it would drop even more. It makes Haxball a short term casual game, not a serious game for competitive leagues and worth spending time in to improve, and people after time are picking up on this.
B4D4SS

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby TehBeast » April 12th, 2018, 3:29 pm

B4D4SS wrote:
TehBeast wrote:Why is this discussion still a thing and why do people still vote for flash :scratch:

Cus they don't want to waste their time on a simplistic and dumbed down game that rewards players without them figuring anything out or becoming more skilled. Now I get way more jukes in HTML but my gameplay or skill level hasn't changed at all and it's just boring and feels like the skill level aspect of the game has disappeared.

If basro would not mess with the gameplay like this then I'm sure it would be 100% for HTML but after the full 3v3 season on HTML people are noticing the difference now and changing their minds on HTML. When HTML was the new and shiny thing it was like 52% voted for - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7328, but now people have experience from the 3v3 league it drops to 42%, and I'm sure after another season it would drop even more. It makes Haxball a short term casual game, not a serious game for competitive leagues and worth spending time in to improve, and people after time are picking up on this.

A change of 2 pixels is not drastically gonna to change the gameplay, as you stated in some other posts. The reason why players become more skilled is because of the improved smoothness and more fps, so players can actually read the game better. If I speak for myself, on flash I endure many dead kicks because flash just isn't running properly on my screen. HTML5 always runs smooth for me without any problems so far, so for me personally HTML5 is far superior to flash. Also I don't quite understand why more skilled people is a reason why we shouldn't switch to HTML5.. More skilled people = more competition = a more interesting league, right?
TehBeast

Postby jasko » April 12th, 2018, 3:45 pm

I'm playing both versions and I have to say flash is still better even when it has it's own flaws. Everything above 45-50 ping on html is unplayable for me. Both have their ups and downs, but so far I'm going to have to go with flash.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

Postby aitor » April 12th, 2018, 4:03 pm

I think there isn't any discussion when Flash still has more votes than HTML5.
If one day HTML5 gets more votes than Flash, then there should be any discuss about this, but as B4D said, there are less HTML5 votes than when 3v3 league was going to start.
I never liked HTML5, maybe they have fixed all the problems with recordings etc, but i still feel it boring.
aitor

Postby Tortogol » April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm

HTML doesnt let us playing the pure haxball game. Everybody can trick in html5 and do stuff. So, i guess all trash players want HTML5, starting by Falk.
Tortogol

Postby Soul » April 12th, 2018, 4:15 pm

Well, for me is the same game, but more playable on HTML5 for more players.. Since if you don't have win7 or idk, maybe a low pc, you can't play on FLASH, that's what I realised, I can't do a shit with i5 + nvidia 970 gtx, so what should I understand? xDD And when I tested on a low pc it worked perfect with win7..
Soul

Postby MrP » April 12th, 2018, 4:16 pm

Tortogol wrote:HTML doesnt let us playing the pure haxball game. Everybody can trick in html5 and do stuff. So, i guess all trash players want HTML5, starting by Falk.

I voted for flash, so what ? :elephant:
MrP

News Articles: 32

Division 1 Winner: Season 8
Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby B4D4SS » April 12th, 2018, 4:23 pm

TehBeast wrote:A change of 2 pixels is not drastically gonna to change the gameplay, as you stated in some other posts.

Well if you think about how a juke works, you never see somebody get juked by a lot of pixels, its always extremely close, but thats where the skill comes in, being able to juke somebody so that they are just within a few pixels and believe they will reach the ball - then they don't.

So it makes a big difference, especially in a game like Haxball where there's only 6 buttons and it's pretty simple, then taking these pixels away (and therefore all the complexity of skills that Flash has thanks to this) is one of the biggest factors in the game and makes it even more simple - to the point where its not a competitive game anymore, just a mini-game for 12yr olds on Saturday mornings.
B4D4SS

Postby Kivi » April 12th, 2018, 5:54 pm

People are still talking about Flash or HTML5. In every technical way, HTML5 is superior to Flash. The only reason people vote for Flash is because of the nostalgic feeling they get with Flash. Once playing 2-3 months on HTML5 continuously and they'll never go back to Flash, realtalk.

Kivi

Postby Total » April 12th, 2018, 8:30 pm

B4D4SS wrote: It makes Haxball a short term casual game, not a serious game for competitive leagues and worth spending time in to improve, and people after time are picking up on this.

I think this is the point I would pick up myself too. Why would we want to change the competition like that? I think we should remain in flash as long as its possible since it gives us chance to be unique. I get all those fps things you lot saying tho, dont get me wrong. I just dont see any point in changing.
Total

Postby jasko » April 12th, 2018, 10:03 pm

Kivi wrote:People are still talking about Flash or HTML5. In every technical way, HTML5 is superior to Flash. The only reason people vote for Flash is because of the nostalgic feeling they get with Flash. Once playing 2-3 months on HTML5 continuously and they'll never go back to Flash, realtalk.

Speak for yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

Postby Vak » April 12th, 2018, 10:48 pm

I need something new...
Vak

Postby Barca » April 12th, 2018, 11:21 pm

Go for something new and better! Random side fact: Glorious Barca will also skip next season ofc!
Barca

News Articles: 4

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Next

Return to Season 22