Team disbands and Player bans

Team disbands and Player bans

Postby Gary » January 29th, 2020, 11:28 pm

The below punishments have been decided following the Roccat vs THC game on Matchday 1:

Roccat will be disbanded and removed from Div2.
stylebender is banned from playing for the remainder of the season.

It's unfortunate that Roccat has to be disbanded so soon, but evidence to support their innocence was not sufficient.

A new team that is still to be confirmed will replace Roccat in Div2 and their first game vs THC will be replayed at a convenient time for both teams (possibly treated as a WC to allow enough time).
Gary
 
Posts: 125
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 84

Joined: August 23rd, 2011, 11:00 pm


Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby Gary » January 30th, 2020, 5:05 pm

Some updates to the above post:-

ARCHVA is banned from playing until the end of the season for faking a player in an official match.
rijar receives a warning and will be available to play for other teams in this leg.

Welcome to FEAR who replace Roccat in Div2.
Gary
 
Posts: 125
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 84

Joined: August 23rd, 2011, 11:00 pm


Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby Gary » February 17th, 2020, 10:01 pm

We have decided to ban the below players for their involvement in the recent DDoS attacks on some players in FM.

supermazhine
irvi
Taziek
Deft0nes

The ban will last until the end of the season.
Gary
 
Posts: 125
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 84

Joined: August 23rd, 2011, 11:00 pm


Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby Gary » February 20th, 2020, 9:26 pm

In the past 2-3 days I've had some conversations with the above players about the DDoS attacks. Although it was a 'prank', DDoSing is a serious offence (it's illegal after all) and we have been promised that the attacks will stop, so we will remove the ban at the end of the first leg.

If it happens again, then we would have to look at permanent bans, or consider punishments that affect teams too.
Gary
 
Posts: 125
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 84

Joined: August 23rd, 2011, 11:00 pm


Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby Gary » March 9th, 2020, 5:29 pm

Excellents have been disbanded from the 4v4 league for 3 deflosses in the first leg. Their future games and any postponed games will be a 3-0 defwin for the opponent.

8.3 If a team receives 3 deflosses in one leg or 4 deflosses in a whole season, they will disband and all their games will be a 3-0 defloss.(All 2nd leg matches if 1st leg matches were played regularly) It is up to the admins in the end.

Defloss vs 4E on MD5
Defloss vs Slappers on MD12
Defloss vs H2K on MD13

Team members are available to play in the second leg:-

8.6 If a team disbands then any regular players for that team are still under the normal transfer rules (can only play for 1 team in each leg of the season).

Team captain will not be available to play in the second leg:-

8.7 The captain of each team at the start of the season can not play for another team all season. He is locked for both legs of the season. If he passes captaincy to someone else then that captain is also locked for both legs until the end of the season.
Gary
 
Posts: 125
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 84

Joined: August 23rd, 2011, 11:00 pm


Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby Gary » April 2nd, 2020, 12:03 pm

hakutter receives a warning (1st offence) for macro usage in MD18 - Classic XI vs Misfits. The game has to be replayed by MD21.

hakutter isn't eligible to play in the replay. He can continue playing for the same team from MD19.

--

neymar10 receives a warning for insulting and/or abusive comments made in the MD14 game vs Smokin' Aces.

It's common for insults to happen occasionally, but we don't expect it from Captains.
Gary
 
Posts: 125
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 84

Joined: August 23rd, 2011, 11:00 pm


Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby B4D4SS » April 2nd, 2020, 12:29 pm

Everybody go use a macro, or you will be losing to others who do!

Worst case scenario - you get caught and warned (lol), its worth getting a 'warning' to have macro for lots of matches, you probably wont even get caught ever if your not obvious with it :thumbup:. If you do get caught, its nothing to be scared of :bball:.

If you dont do this, you will be at a big disadvantage to everybody else who is using it, and believe me more and more will use it now that IT PAYS TO CHEAT :cyclops:.
User avatar
B4D4SS
 
Posts: 188
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 142

Joined: April 18th, 2015, 9:05 am

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby socrates » April 2nd, 2020, 12:40 pm

B4D4SS wrote:Everybody go use a macro, or you will be losing to others who do!

Worst case scenario - you get caught and warned (lol), its worth getting a 'warning' to have macro for lots of matches, you probably wont even get caught ever if your not obvious with it :thumbup:. If you do get caught, its nothing to be scared of :bball:.

If you dont do this, you will be at a big disadvantage to everybody else who is using it, and believe me more and more will use it now that IT PAYS TO CHEAT :cyclops:.


Alternatively you could choose to have some morals and decide that your life isn't sad enough that you need to cheat on an online browser game which gives you 0 rewards anyway and is just for fun.
User avatar
socrates
 
Posts: 2460
News Articles: 69
Reputation: 223

Joined: August 24th, 2011, 11:00 pm


Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby B4D4SS » April 2nd, 2020, 12:54 pm

socrates wrote:Alternatively you could choose to have some morals and decide that your life isn't sad enough that you need to cheat on an online browser game which gives you 0 rewards anyway and is just for fun.


1. Losing isn't fun
2. Playing at a disadvantage isn't fun
3. The rules are immoral, dont hate the player, hate the game.

You cant blame individuals when like I said, it pays to cheat. If you cant beat them, join them. Dont expect people not to cheat when you set the system up to reward that both in winning and having more fun, setting the rules like that is beyond stupid :joker:, its 100% the rule-makers fault's, not the players who will now start using macro.
User avatar
B4D4SS
 
Posts: 188
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 142

Joined: April 18th, 2015, 9:05 am

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby socrates » April 2nd, 2020, 1:02 pm

So then you would advocate not giving fp and scoring in empty net when opponent lags? That isn't against the rules and it's more fun winning as you say...if you blame the rules for macro then why not blame the rules here too and never give fp?

To me there is no sense of achievement knowing you have cheated even a little. I'd get no satisfaction winning if I knew I used a banned tool to help me do it.
User avatar
socrates
 
Posts: 2460
News Articles: 69
Reputation: 223

Joined: August 24th, 2011, 11:00 pm


Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby B4D4SS » April 2nd, 2020, 1:15 pm

The difference is that giving FP doesn't put you at a disadvantage against your opponent, it just makes the game fair. No I don't advocate taking an unfair advantage to win, but the logic doesn't apply to the macro situation, since you have to use macro now to NOT BE AT A DISADVANTAGE.

Others will use macro because they can get away with it and they have a self-fulfilling paranoia that others are using it, so they have to use it themselves to not be disadvantaged. Because of human psychology, this will inevitably happen. Past FP situations have proven that most teams give FP, so you dont need to have a paranoia that others will not give FP and therefore not give FP to others when they ask.

The reason people give FP is because its public pressure, everybody sees that you did/didn't give FP and you build a reputation. With macro its hidden, and we all know people lower their moral standards when nobody is watching them/they think they can get away with it. When you understand that, you realise you have to use macro to just NOT BE AT A DISADVANTAGE, completely different to the FP analogy where your making the game FAIR to give FP, which is why most people are happy to give FP.
User avatar
B4D4SS
 
Posts: 188
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 142

Joined: April 18th, 2015, 9:05 am

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby socrates » April 2nd, 2020, 1:35 pm

But using a macro is against the rules and gives you an advantage against people that play fair and don't use a macro. I don't see how that isn't just as morally wrong as not giving fp. Like you said people lack morals when they think they can get away with it which is why I'm saying even if you can get away with using macro you shouldn't...any wins you get whilst using a macro are tainted and you haven't really achieved anything if you have cheated your way to get there.

Damn I sound like my primary school teacher trying to preach to kids that cheating is wrong :D
User avatar
socrates
 
Posts: 2460
News Articles: 69
Reputation: 223

Joined: August 24th, 2011, 11:00 pm


Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby B4D4SS » April 2nd, 2020, 1:58 pm

socrates wrote:But using a macro is against the rules and gives you an advantage against people that play fair and don't use a macro. I don't see how that isn't just as morally wrong as not giving fp. Like you said people lack morals when they think they can get away with it which is why I'm saying even if you can get away with using macro you shouldn't...any wins you get whilst using a macro are tainted and you haven't really achieved anything if you have cheated your way to get there.

Damn I sound like my primary school teacher trying to preach to kids that cheating is wrong :D


1. Like I said its not about getting an advantage, its about not being at a disadvantage, thats what makes people mad about this. Its what separates using macro to keep up with others and being on the same level playing field (not advantage). With FP, everybody is giving FP mostly so we are EQUAL if I give FP to others.

2. This isn't about me using macro because now I know I can get away with it, its that others will inevitable do that because they can get away with it, then I am at a disadvantage. Thats the logic behind using macro, TO KEEP UP, because the people who use macro because they can get away with it are now able to do that very effectively.

3. Any losses I get without using macro myself, against macro players with no fear of being banned, actually stings more than knowing I won breaking the rules which at this point don't make sense anymore anyway. Im in a lose-lose situation because of the dumb rules, so people lose respect for the rules and decide that using macro to prevent being fucked over is worth the dishonour of breaking morally weak rules.
User avatar
B4D4SS
 
Posts: 188
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 142

Joined: April 18th, 2015, 9:05 am

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby lsco » April 2nd, 2020, 2:23 pm

So if a team/player cheats, no one gets the punishment?
A player needs to get caught 3 times in order to get a serious punishment.
Protests aren't really common here, so I really don't get the logic about warning a player so many times and let's be honest,
a mid-season ban is pretty much nothing. if we're going this way, that would've been my first "warning".


why does a team need to re-play the match one more time if the opponents were cheating against them?
I wouldn't be happy to "waste" another 14 mins in an evening when I can do other things, just because the opponent wasn't fair with me.
An instant defwin would make much more sense to me.
lsco
 
Posts: 366
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 617

Joined: January 11th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby saviola » April 2nd, 2020, 2:38 pm

lsco wrote:An instant defwin would make much more sense to me.


I agree. That would also mean a team that is involved in three macro instances (in one leg) would be disbanded.
User avatar
saviola
 
Posts: 143
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 660

Joined: December 9th, 2012, 5:08 pm


Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby Anddy » April 2nd, 2020, 2:41 pm

+10000 isco
Anddy
 
Posts: 231
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 535

Joined: October 4th, 2015, 5:54 pm


Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby Rizzoli » April 2nd, 2020, 2:42 pm

Defwin + atleast 2 seasons ban would be a fair decision, but this shouldn't surprise u guys, just remember ddos situation.
"Jesam li veći kockar ja, koji sam prokockao vlastiti novac ili neki koji su prokockali svetinju, osmijeh djece i radost navijača?"

Josip Kuže, uno di noi
User avatar
Rizzoli
 
Posts: 312
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 38

Joined: June 5th, 2015, 10:22 am

Position: Goalkeeper

Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby Gary » April 2nd, 2020, 2:44 pm

@B4D4SS - I don't see anything changing a great deal. We've had one case made all season, that I can recall, against somebody using a macro. Sure, there are most likely players who use a macro already, but what can admins do about it if it goes unreported? The kick-limit helps and we're looking at a new combination at the moment.

It doesn't pay to cheat and this new ruling isn't an enabler. Ultimately the Team Captain risks a defloss (more about this below) or the game being replayed if their player uses a macro.

If the Team Captain decides to cut the player, effectively banning them for a leg anyway, then will another team risk signing them if it means they could potentially get deflosses for 1st/2nd leg games or even disbanded? - you don't have to answer this, but it's the thought process I had when trying to think of a new rule.

So players will ban themselves if they use a macro and it gets reported / reviewed. Admins can only do so much, but we need help too from Captains etc to ensure FP is followed. (in my view).

@Isco - Misfits decided it would be fair to replay the game. Initially the opposing Captain would have a choice of taking the defwin or replaying the game. I won't change the rule above now it's been decided, but I will edit it on the main rulebook thread to show both options.
Gary
 
Posts: 125
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 84

Joined: August 23rd, 2011, 11:00 pm


Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby El Drago » April 2nd, 2020, 2:50 pm

saviola wrote:
lsco wrote:An instant defwin would make much more sense to me.


I agree. That would also mean a team that is involved in three macro instances (in one leg) would be disbanded.


If that would happen more teams will disband, which they already are without this rule :D :D
User avatar
El Drago
 
Posts: 157
News Articles: 12
Reputation: 634

Joined: January 9th, 2019, 10:42 am

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Team disbands and Player bans

Postby B4D4SS » April 2nd, 2020, 2:50 pm

Gary wrote:@B4D4SS - I don't see anything changing a great deal. We've had one case made all season, that I can recall, against somebody using a macro. Sure, there are most likely players who use a macro already, but what can admins do about it if it goes unreported? The kick-limit helps and we're looking at a new combination at the moment.

It doesn't pay to cheat and this new ruling isn't an enabler. Ultimately the Team Captain risks a defloss (more about this below) or the game being replayed if their player uses a macro.

If the Team Captain decides to cut the player, effectively banning them for a leg anyway, then will another team risk signing them if it means they could potentially get deflosses for 1st/2nd leg games or even disbanded? - you don't have to answer this, but it's the thought process I had when trying to think of a new rule.

So players will ban themselves if they use a macro and it gets reported / reviewed. Admins can only do so much, but we need help too from Captains etc to ensure FP is followed. (in my view).

@Isco - Misfits decided it would be fair to replay the game. Initially the opposing Captain would have a choice of taking the defwin or replaying the game. I won't change the rule above now it's been decided, but I will edit it on the main rulebook thread to show both options.


It enables them because you are softening the rules, which already haven't worked great maybe cus you never made an example of anybody, but this was your perfect chance to scare people, but you did the opposite, not only not follow through with your rule but actually change it and make it much softer after finally catching somebody conclusively..

If this guy got perma-banned everybody else would be legitimately scared to use macro and risk being banned forever. Now you have the rules saying if we catch you, you get a warning, so for a cheaters mind why does it not make sense to use macro until you (maybe) get caught, and then at that point stop because only then are you risking ban time. Ive never used macro but Im only looking at this from a cheaters point of view, we all know Haxballers aren't the most moral people about, half the community are kids, so you have to assume the worst and work from there
User avatar
B4D4SS
 
Posts: 188
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 142

Joined: April 18th, 2015, 9:05 am

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Next

Return to Season 30

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron