HTML5 new format for FM

Moderator: Herna

Re: HTML5 new format for FM

Postby Tortogol » April 23rd, 2018, 7:59 pm

Soul wrote:Is 2018 and you are still using windows xp? wth

I have two desktop. right now the one i use, because i have stuff for school that i need, only runs XP or Linux, the other has w10.
Tortogol

News Articles: 0

Position: Forward

Postby Herna » April 23rd, 2018, 9:15 pm

I can't play on xp aswell, but Linux works okay i guess.
Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby tSharky » April 23rd, 2018, 9:17 pm

How the hell is nub supposed to play haxball now? He cant play on HTML5 like he plays on flash.. he has some bugs. And HTML5 is a shit.

Flash for nub, make flash back to have a better game.
tSharky

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Nana8 » April 23rd, 2018, 10:56 pm

its an okay switch for me but people will blame every lagg on html now
lmao
Nana8

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby lsco » April 24th, 2018, 8:25 am

So i've tested html5 yesterday, i dont think its ready.
On vps hosts there are huge spikes when 2 players are spamming.
Ofc pings are better for everyone but 90 ping feels like 184 on flash, unplayable.
i feel like its gonna be 2012 all over again, when u had to ask players for hosts, and move between other hosts before
League matches.
I hope you guys realise asap that it was a mistake and move back to flash..
Its gonna be a nightmare for turks and israelis, i guess most of the players here would rather regular host over vps cause of its bugs, but regular hosts just seem to be unplayable for us.

I really dont think html5 is ready for us yet.. im sure its gonna be great in the future but not yet...
lsco

Postby CHE » April 24th, 2018, 8:40 am

I aint sure about the switch. We had Some weird lags yesterday on vps hosts.
CHE

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby socrates » April 24th, 2018, 8:48 am

If there are weird lag problems then someone needs to post it here: https://github.com/haxball/haxball-issues/issues
socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby lsco » April 24th, 2018, 9:12 am

socrates wrote:If there are weird lag problems then someone needs to post it here: https://github.com/haxball/haxball-issues/issues

im on it
lsco

Postby Herna » April 24th, 2018, 9:46 am

It took quite some time do make vps hosts being able to host flash haxball nicely aswell, so i think we should put some more effort in it, or?
What kind of vps are you using, how do you make them host html matches? Is it easily possible on haxhost etc? I mean most likely the problem lays at our vps hosts aswell. I will try with my own this evening if it works fine.

But i believe that problem with the unplayable lag with higher ping will really be annoying for players from further away, i guess flash used another networking thing that left your player move as you moved it and predicted the rest and just fixed it then, but on html it feels like its permanently spiking everything.
Herna

Postby Sven Bender » April 24th, 2018, 1:17 pm

Well I guess you'll saw what Isco's wrote about HTML5, I kinda feel the same, HTML beeing bad for me, if everyone over here likes flash and play the league on flash for a while, why do we need a change?
I guess some players wont play this season or other following seasons only because the HTML..
ofc thats only my opinion, but I honestly think you need to use flash as default and if both teams agreed, go play on HTML.
Sven Bender

Postby Soul » April 24th, 2018, 1:34 pm

Well there are players who won't play on FLASH like you won't play on HTML5. So is the same sh*t..
Soul

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby lsco » April 24th, 2018, 1:52 pm

lsco

Postby Total » April 24th, 2018, 1:56 pm

Sven and Isco having a point if im being honest. At least I have far more bugs in html and some of the hosts have just ping bug on html. Also my dear teammate ogre has bought vps for himself and it works perfectly on flash. But whenever he opens host in html players will crash several times during the game. Not even at the same time, just randomly one player crashes and after that we can do nothing but guess who is going to be next. Has this happened to someone else?

Anyway personally I would not change the format because html seems to be so unstable. Even though there was not any kind of bugs or stuff it just feels like we are killing the game.
Total

Postby socrates » April 24th, 2018, 2:06 pm

I'm no expert on vps hosts but ive played on certain vps on HTML without issues. Maybe its only certain vps that have this issue and others are fine. For example ogre's vps on flash has connection issues for some so issues there aren't necessarily for all vps.

Other leagues like rfl have been HTML for a while I hear. Have these issues not been seen there?

Nice one reporting to basro, sadly he doesn't read these forums so we need to let him know all the problems that people have compared to flash. If HTML is 'buggy' then we need to fix it as it will eventually be the future of haxball.
socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby Sven Bender » April 24th, 2018, 2:32 pm

Soul wrote:Well there are players who won't play on FLASH like you won't play on HTML5. So is the same sh*t..

thats not true, this players have been playing on flash for seasons already..
Sven Bender

Postby Total » April 24th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Sven Bender wrote:
Soul wrote:Well there are players who won't play on FLASH like you won't play on HTML5. So is the same sh*t..

thats not true, this players have been playing on flash for seasons already..

Yeah and I don't think that if admins decided to stay on flash any teams would have disbanded because of that decision.
Total

Postby Herna » April 24th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Noone has to disband anyway, as i doubt that it's impossible to make it work for anyone. It's sad if teams decide to though.

Obviously also, as this was quite a 50/50 decision and there might be problems coming up with HTML5 we didnt know of yet, i doubt admins would stay fix with the decision if they dont see its the best for the league anymore. But in my opinion everyone should put some effort into it for now.
Herna

Postby Sven Bender » April 24th, 2018, 3:59 pm

Herna wrote:Noone has to disband anyway, as i doubt that it's impossible to make it work for anyone. It's sad if teams decide to though.

Obviously also, as this was quite a 50/50 decision and there might be problems coming up with HTML5 we didnt know of yet, i doubt admins would stay fix with the decision if they dont see its the best for the league anymore. But in my opinion everyone should put some effort into it for now.

well, maybe youre right, but still I stay with my opinion..
btw, there is 1 team that gonna disband from div1 only because of the HTML(from what I know, maybe there are some more teams).
Sven Bender

Postby B4D4SS » April 24th, 2018, 4:50 pm

yeh meh squirrel had a team prepared for next season and its cancelled now cus of the HTML decision, just jovetic took over and did his own team instead of Jese disbanding. i heard Gladiators (1 of best teams in Haxball :L) wna disband too
B4D4SS

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Muris 9 » April 24th, 2018, 4:52 pm

agree with flash being a lot better than html.. still too many unfixed problems, this is just gonna make the games worse.. but well rip it :D

btw I know it seems weird but I feel the avatar a little bit different on html and find tricks/skills easier to do in html, at least in 1v1.. idk if that's only an impression or because I was inspired today, but that's how it seems to me
Muris 9

PreviousNext

Return to Season 22