HTML5

Moderator: Herna

Which mode you would prefer to be used in FM 4v4 League in the upcoming season?

Flash
50%
HTML5
50%

Total votes : 181

Re: HTML5

Postby ATuntija » April 21st, 2018, 3:14 pm

B4D4SS wrote:
Yannex wrote:this is so sad... the guy who created the game confirmed it didnt change, players that play over 5 years say it didnt change...
honestly feel sorry for you guys

HTML5 and Flash create different shaped circles, basro puts circle in HTML5 physics and its different to Flash physics and different shaped visually also.

Of course basro didn't do it on purpose or put a different physics code, he put circle size 5 or whatever, so it comes out the same size but differently shaped cus of HTML5 and Flash making slightly different shaped circles.

:shock: --> :fp: --> :lol: --> :popcorn:
ATuntija

News Articles: 12

Position: Forward

Postby Yannex » April 21st, 2018, 3:45 pm

B4D4SS wrote:
Yannex wrote:this is so sad... the guy who created the game confirmed it didnt change, players that play over 5 years say it didnt change...
honestly feel sorry for you guys

HTML5 and Flash create different shaped circles, basro puts circle in HTML5 physics and its different to Flash physics and different shaped visually also.

Of course basro didn't do it on purpose or put a different physics code, he put circle size 5 or whatever, so it comes out the same size but differently shaped cus of HTML5 and Flash making slightly different shaped circles.

right and you know better than basro who confirmed it because???
and how exatcly you "found out" flash and html5 have different shaped circles?
are you a coder?
do you know anything about flash or html5?

i'm not saying i do, i'm legit asking you xd
Yannex

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Falk » April 21st, 2018, 5:05 pm

dafuk are you guys talking about? seriously stop with this bullshit about skills and pixels or w/e u braindead players talk about. There's no such thing.
The top teams and players will stay at the top and the rest will stay the same. Just look at the previous html 3vs3 league in fm. The greys basically destroyed that league without even putting 100% innit and they would still destroy it in flash aswell. Stop arguing about some random stupid shit and move on please...
Falk

Postby ATuntija » April 21st, 2018, 5:12 pm

Falk wrote:dafuk are you guys talking about? seriously stop with this bullshit about skills and pixels or w/e u braindead players talk about. There's no such thing.
The top teams and players will stay at the top and the rest will stay the same. Just look at the previous html 3vs3 league in fm. The greys basically destroyed that league without even putting 100% innit and they would still destroy it in flash aswell. Stop arguing about some random stupid shit and move on please...

:scratch:
Pablo in 4v4: 12th
Pablo in 3v3: 4th

But I get your point. Lets move to HTML :cheers:
ATuntija

News Articles: 12

Postby Whiplash » April 21st, 2018, 6:11 pm

Is this argument still a thing? "Psyhics are not the same bla bla bla" just get on with it already.
Whiplash

Postby naby » April 22nd, 2018, 12:36 pm

html5 forever flash never

also b4d is an idiot its well documented
R.I.P. Starlights
naby

News Articles: 10

Position: Goalkeeper
Division 2 Winner: Season 2

Postby VENOM i7 » April 22nd, 2018, 3:53 pm

Flash wrote:@B4D 4SS you really have a retardation

is that a word l0l

i like it
VENOM i7

Postby gio » April 22nd, 2018, 7:55 pm

There are a lot of players that have problems with HTML, like me. There isn't HTML5 for Opera and my pc can't open Haxwindow, i already try to play with a lot of other browser but it didn't work good cause of FPS lag and things like this; the question is: why change a platform where all users can play ' good ' with no fps lag or ping problems for a platform where someone can play better (no fps and 68 ping instead of 84 or 100) and someone can't play? It's not only my problem but of a lot of users, so decide what is the best for league and not for a 40% of players, because if you suck on flash, you suck on html5 too, don't worry.
gio

Position: Defensive Midfielder
Division 2 Winner: Season 5

Postby GQKU » April 22nd, 2018, 8:03 pm

THERE ARE A LOT OF PLAYERS THAT HAVE PROBLEM WITH FLASH, LIKE ME. MY PC IS TOO SUPERIOR TO HANDLE FLASH I GUESS
GQKU

Postby CHAMPION » April 22nd, 2018, 8:28 pm

gio wrote:There are a lot of players that have problems with HTML, like me. There isn't HTML5 for Opera and my pc can't open Haxwindow, i already try to play with a lot of other browser but it didn't work good cause of FPS lag and things like this; the question is: why change a platform where all users can play ' good ' with no fps lag or ping problems for a platform where someone can play better (no fps and 68 ping instead of 84 or 100) and someone can't play? It's not only my problem but of a lot of users, so decide what is the best for league and not for a 40% of players, because if you suck on flash, you suck on html5 too, don't worry.

+1
html5 still sucks.
CHAMPION

Postby Yannex » April 22nd, 2018, 9:19 pm

gio wrote:There are a lot of players that have problems with HTML, like me. There isn't HTML5 for Opera and my pc can't open Haxwindow, i already try to play with a lot of other browser but it didn't work good cause of FPS lag and things like this; the question is: why change a platform where all users can play ' good ' with no fps lag or ping problems for a platform where someone can play better (no fps and 68 ping instead of 84 or 100) and someone can't play? It's not only my problem but of a lot of users, so decide what is the best for league and not for a 40% of players, because if you suck on flash, you suck on html5 too, don't worry.

the thing is sooner or later haxball on Flash will be deleted and move to HTML5, so might aswell ATLEAST make a season like now with html to test it with the community
i understand you have problems with html but same amout of people who have problems in html have problems in flash
they just dont say anything cause flash been played for years and there was nothing like html to even try..

and it might sound stupid i admit but i noticed all the people who complained here about problems with html also said their pc's are shit basically so maybe that has something to do with the problems + it might just be a bad browser or pc settings overall...

html works perfectly for me and i can give you my browser + browser version and pc settings i use for it and it might help you, pm me on ts if you want :)
but bottom line, sooner or later it will be RIP flash.. so might aswell try to fix you html problems
Yannex

Postby ogre » April 22nd, 2018, 9:24 pm

Only problem we've had with html so far is that every single time we use our haxhost vps for a html game, multiple players have huge spikes at the same time in-game, which never happens when the vps is used on flash.

Just curious if anyone else in the community has had the same problem on html.
ogre

Postby ANDRÈA » April 22nd, 2018, 9:46 pm

I really dunno why people who didnt play since 2013 started to defense html like their bullied son, u all will quit in 3months lmao
ANDRÈA

Postby Lyreco » April 22nd, 2018, 9:51 pm

ogre wrote:Only problem we've had with html so far is that every single time we use our haxhost vps for a html game, multiple players have huge spikes at the same time in-game, which never happens when the vps is used on flash.

ye this happens to me aswell but in a normal host if a person its not happening
Lyreco

Postby socrates » April 23rd, 2018, 7:57 am

ogre wrote:Only problem we've had with html so far is that every single time we use our haxhost vps for a html game, multiple players have huge spikes at the same time in-game, which never happens when the vps is used on flash.

I also have this on my normal host. My ping is stable and CPU usage low so not sure what is causing it. My PC is decent enough spec so shouldn't be causing problems. Doesn't happen often so its not the biggest problem but even once per game it is a bit annoying.

Actually I guess you mean some players spike at same time but not all? Seen this occasionally too - maybe worth trying to report to basro. If someone could capture on video would be good.
socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby OffSync » April 28th, 2018, 6:26 pm

Dear Per and people like Per!

Do not blame html5, it is the same game we all play. Every member of fm is playing the same game, so if you find yourself frustrated over haxball I am pretty sure its a user-sided issue if you know what I mean.

Do not demand to bring back flash. Especially not without giving html5 a chance. Flash is outdated and we all know it is not a proper platform anymore to play haxball.

Trust me, in a few months you will be grateful for html5. Its just much better than flash. Focus on improving, learn the game and you will enjoy it. Trust me, just give html5 a chance. You wont regret it.

Good luck!
OffSync

Postby Tortogol » June 23rd, 2018, 6:28 pm

Yannex wrote:
OffSync wrote:
B4D4SS wrote:He's not saying its easier to do tricks in Flash, he's saying its easier in HTML and everybody just does them effortlessly now without any subtle movements, fast hands, or brain usage etc.. That equals to a lower skill ceiling, everybody can do skills + the art of pressing, because of the effortless skill in HTML everybody has, has been destroyed which is also another massive blow to the skill ceiling. You can't press in HTML regardless of how organised your team is, people just slice through you easily without being skillful, so the new META for HTML is camp or leave 2v1s/3v2s with no intelligent and safe ways to press to get the ball back, real high skill ceiling tactics/game sense right?

Most of us play this game for like 5 years. This is a closed community. Everyone is aware of every trick, whether he can do it or not.

More people doing the same tricks -> higher skill ceiling on the long run.

Less people doing the same tricks -> lower skill ceiling.

If your entire gameplay is destroyed because a huge artificial lag was removed from the game then I have bad news for you. What you have is not skill, its just exploiting a bug.

Join a html5 room and start learning the game again.

thats really true tbh, but i can understand people who dont want to change, for them flash feels like html and thats why they dont feel they need to change or want too.. obv the physics are the same people who say its not are pure retards

but for people like me and people who usually have to play with 100-116 ping we can definitely feel the change, on server host i had 68 stable
and the best thing is its not about the ping, html has your screen Hz as your FPS, personally i have 144Hz screen and on html it shows it as your FPS and it really feels like 144 FPS in game...
does it affect my level or skills for the better? yes... and as skilled player i'm surprised because i thought there are limit to skills (atleast mine) and on html i feel i can improve them even if its by making my skills smoother and more useful and thats what people dont see.. with html they can improve alot its an upgrade for everyone
but like i said alot feel exactly the same so they dont want to change so i understand them, i just think its retarded

and for torto's comment up there.. thats what i meant by retards... he basically confirmed he doesnt want to play html because people will become better and outskill or rape him... he wants to be the only one who can be skilled etc... no wonder hes trash at this game and he can only spam X to show he can do skills
i'm a bit less skilled than torto yet i rape the shit out of him whether its fs or official, and hes scared html will make even more people better.. thats the reason people like him dont want to change to html

Man, I love you.
Tortogol

Previous

Return to Season 22