Season 5 Checking In

Re: Season 5 Checking In

Postby Maddude » October 18th, 2012, 1:15 pm

Constantinople wrote:It freshens things up and could potentially bring more people into the community side of FM and as I suggested in my previous post it makes things more competitive and fun.

Erm it will still be just as competitive, everyone's still fighting for the same thing?

The idea I have on getting these teams is to create an advert on TS and on the forums saying that FM is looking for 4 new teams to fill the hole. Then choose which applicants we can trial and dismiss those who we wouldn’t think are suitable. Then we trial these teams over a space of two week and they will be trialled on activeness, enthusiasm to play in the league and attitude towards the league. We then choose 4 of the teams to fill the 4 spots left available and go from there. If we don’t get enough quality applicants then fair enough, but I think we should really try this. The amount of defwins at the end of the season were dramatically reduced with a 20 team league. We shouldn’t look to reduce imo, I think the league can be more than stable with 10 teams, it’s all about finding the right applicants for the role.

Trial them? How exactly and that's a lot of effort.

Erm what? We've only ever had a couple of forfeits in the past seasons?!?!

I think the admins should reconsider this decision and allow for applications to go through. It’s like being the manager of a factory that tin salmon. You have 8 people working in the factory and 2 of those are tinners. You are looking for a 3rd tinner when suddenly you decide that 2 is enough without even thinking of taking applicants on. You then find out later that there is a quality tinner who was unemployed and now works in one of the leading salmon tinning factories in the country. Go bold and go forward. Trial new teams and go from there imo. There’s only ever going to be one Feed Me UK league. Let’s make it the best darn 20 man league in the history of Haxball leagues. Acuerdo?

Imo keep these teams as reserves to be put it in case any captains do leave this season therefore meaning we have a quick replacement and not loads of auto-wildcarded matches like Cathletico had.

Co-Founder of Feed Me Community!
Maddude
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 4

Position: Goalkeeper
Division 1 Winner: Every time except once
Cup Runner-up: Never
Division 2 Winner: Just the once
Cup Winner: Every time

Postby OvoXo » October 18th, 2012, 2:15 pm

Well no point having reserve teams in case someone drops out, what if no one drops out, then what? Personally the more teams that leave div 2 and go up to div 1 and more teams created, just makes div 2 suck so bad. Personally I reckon 8 teams in each division is sooo tight, lack of breathiompetition is too high, one slip up and cya. So 9 teams at makes it reasonable at least, 10 is uncontrollable and high chances of it going wrong again.

OvoXo

News Articles: 1

Postby OvoXo » October 18th, 2012, 2:16 pm

Well no point having reserve teams in case someone drops out, what if no one drops out, then what? Personally the more teams that leave div 2 and go up to div 1 and more teams created, just makes div 2 suck so bad. Personally I reckon 8 teams in each division is sooo tight, lack of breathiompetition is too high, one slip up and cya. So 9 teams at makes it reasonable at least, 10 is uncontrollable and high chances of it going wrong again. I'm actually come up with a solution and not moan.

Krasic teams plus one more team ( TIS II ) then get it rolling,

OvoXo

Postby Ghost » October 18th, 2012, 2:42 pm

OvoXo wrote:what if no one drops out

There's a ridiculously strong chance of it happening, to be honest. We've already discussed a couple of existing teams we are confident will be prone to captain resignations at some point during the season.

We need to be as stable as possible, after the clusterfuck that was last season we really need a nice, easy, comfortable season to get the ball rolling smoothly again. The best way of achieving that is keeping 16 teams running, and having someone willing to take over for when someone steps down.

I'd hate for us to have nothing in reserve and have 2 teams fold mid season, leaving us scrambling trying to find a replacement as fast as we can. What happened last season(in regards to the likes of DM & Cathletico) should never happen again, it makes us look like a joke.

Ghost
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 8

Division 1 Winner: Season 1

Postby OvoXo » October 18th, 2012, 3:43 pm

I completely understand that, this season was a massive cock fest. But at the same time you can't like try your best to have a season that's 100% controlable, anything can happen, there will always be room for error.

So reall up to you guys what you want, stable season, , competetive, boring as fuck or a fairly stable season with satisfactory amount of teams, breathing space, sce to have fun the jump from 16 to 20 was too much but from 16 to 18 seems like a steeping stone imo

OvoXo

Postby Constantinople » October 18th, 2012, 3:58 pm

Imo keep these teams as reserves to be put it in case any captains do leave this season therefore meaning we have a quick replacement and not loads of auto-wildcarded matches like Cathletico had.

Prehaps if we ask people to apply and we get say 6 applicants, the 2 that don’t get it can always be there as reserve teams.

Well no point having reserve teams in case someone drops out, what if no one drops out, then what? Personally the more teams that leave div 2 and go up to div 1 and more teams created, just makes div 2 suck so bad. Personally I reckon 8 teams in each division is sooo tight, lack of breathiompetition is too high, one slip up and cya. So 9 teams at makes it reasonable at least, 10 is uncontrollable and high chances of it going wrong again.

I think people are forgetting that wildcards/3v4 games happened less frequently as the season was coming to a close. The draft was responsible for the majority of the mess in Season 4, as well as having the free agency open after 3 or 4 games. People are also forgetting that the player based more than doubled from the transition of Season 3 to Season 4, so of course there is going to be problems to begin with. Season 4 was like a creased shirt. At the beginning it was all crumpled up and a mess, and as the season went along, the creases disappeared and the season began to iron out. No draft means we should be able to manage 10 teams per division easily (if we get enough quality applicants). Plus on what you say about div2, the teams that are applying are potentially good teams. Krasic, a player in ESL will know a lot of contacts who would play for him and Skele7a is a Bulgarian International. Plus you are forgetting teams such as Soccerettes, Starlights and Bayer Neverlosing are also looking to be strong outfits for next season, so saying that Div2 will suck quality wise is an understatement.

There's a ridiculously strong chance of it happening, to be honest. We've already discussed a couple of existing teams we are confident will be prone to captain resignations at some point during the season.

We need to be as stable as possible, after the clusterfuck that was last season we really need a nice, easy, comfortable season to get the ball rolling smoothly again. The best way of achieving that is keeping 16 teams running, and having someone willing to take over for when someone steps down.

I'd hate for us to have nothing in reserve and have 2 teams fold mid season, leaving us scrambling trying to find a replacement as fast as we can. What happened last season(in regards to the likes of DM & Cathletico) should never happen again, it makes us look like a joke.

Of course theres a really strong chance of teams disbanding, which is why we gather as many applicants as we can. New teams that apply to play in the Feed Me league are less likely to disband as it shows willing to play in our league. As I said in reply to Maddude’s post, if we open up spots for 4 new teams and 6 apply, the two who don’t get it can always be reserve teams. Season 5 will be stable if we stick to a 10 man league because as I said in reply to OvoXo’s post, season 4 was a transitional season from 3s to 4s. At the time, the player base wasn’t enough for 10 teams per league, now it is. A 16 team league is too small imo with the player base we have, we need to fill out. 18 team league as a minimum, 20 as a maximum imo. Plus you have to remember that the advantages that FM have over other European based leagues is that the native language is English, which is classed as the universal language. This is going to make more people want to play here as we will have a forum flooded with language that most understand. Plus i’m sure that Feed Me has a reputation of being a friendly and relaxed league, which is only going to push more people to submit a team here. If we do it right, i.e. trial new teams for a few week to assess activity, maturity and commitment to the league, then I can’t see it being a ‘clusterfuck’ as you say it will be.

Constantinople

News Articles: 4

Postby OvoXo » October 18th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Hesur these shakespeare essays are becoming unbearable to read, pls :(

OvoXo

Postby <º)))< » October 18th, 2012, 8:02 pm

Tbh I also prefer a 10 teams league.

We had a reasonably stable second half of the league, and Im pretty sure that we can get a couple of teams interested in joining our league.

A 8 teams league doesnt guarantee that any team will disband after all.

I sell my GOTS vote in exchange of pos rep. Interested, pm.

Maddude: "I feel safe when Amu goes to cover the gk. It's like a warm hug of a teddy bear. A chorizo flavoured teddy bear"

Spoiler: Show
Image#HESUR4ADMINImage

ImageImage

Arctic: it's a fish momo
MoMo: its arrow
Arctic: it's fish
MoMo: i swear man
Arctic: no it's a fish
MoMo: arrow
Arctic: fish
MoMo: arrow
Arctic: fish

<16:46:27> "MoMo": fiiissshh
<º)))<

News Articles: 0

Postby MoMo » October 18th, 2012, 8:47 pm

I agree with Hesur, the potential is still there for a fruitful strong 9/9 league. Maybe, after everything is settled and all teams are ready to go with season 5 and if there are many active & willing players, an application for captaincy thread could be made. But that's after teams are set and we see there're plenty players still seeking a team.

MoMo

Postby Lekumberri » October 18th, 2012, 8:58 pm

So do I. Prefer 10 teams in main league, thinking it better. Anything better than 9+9 but tbh I prefer 10+8 before 8+8. I know some teams have been disbanded but we can give the oportunity to more committed people.

Lekumberri

Postby rising star » October 20th, 2012, 9:17 am

wat

Only user to be in one team since season 1 ;)
#DEJA
rising star

Cup Runner-up: Season 2

Previous

Return to Announcements