Season 5 Checking In

Season 5 Checking In

Postby naby » October 17th, 2012, 7:10 pm

Hi,

Season 5 check-in has now been opened. All players are now free agents and are able to move to different teams should they choose to. Players are still free to move between teams even after they sign to a team, up until the first match of the season.

Make sure you read this thread before posting. You can then create your team's thread in this section

Thanks,
Admin team.

Last edited by Anonymous on October 17th, 2012, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Starlights
naby

News Articles: 10

Position: Goalkeeper
Division 2 Winner: Season 2

Re: Season 5 Checking In

Postby Éver » October 17th, 2012, 8:26 pm

ROLEX FOR CAPTAINCY

please

Éver

News Articles: 0

Postby Guest » October 17th, 2012, 8:32 pm

Squad size?

Postby Lekumberri » October 17th, 2012, 8:34 pm

8 teams in Div1 and 10 teams in Div2 but not an odd number... That's a shit for people like Jack Nicholson in "As good as it gets" or me...

Please reconsider it for maniac people.

Lekumberri

Postby <º)))< » October 17th, 2012, 8:42 pm

Or 10 teams in div 1.

I want HKF promoted :(

I sell my GOTS vote in exchange of pos rep. Interested, pm.

Maddude: "I feel safe when Amu goes to cover the gk. It's like a warm hug of a teddy bear. A chorizo flavoured teddy bear"

Spoiler: Show
Image#HESUR4ADMINImage

ImageImage

Arctic: it's a fish momo
MoMo: its arrow
Arctic: it's fish
MoMo: i swear man
Arctic: no it's a fish
MoMo: arrow
Arctic: fish
MoMo: arrow
Arctic: fish

<16:46:27> "MoMo": fiiissshh
<º)))<

Postby HCAFC » October 17th, 2012, 8:55 pm

So every matchday a team is left out? Do 8+10 IMO

9+9 = two teams are left out on every matchday
10+8 = top 4 from S4 div2 get promotions (almost half the division), div2 season ends sooner so all focus is on div1 finale
8+10 = div1 keeps its exclusivity, and div2 has plenty of competition for promotion, but D1 finishes first

Last edited by HCAFC on October 17th, 2012, 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HCAFC

Postby Ghost » October 17th, 2012, 9:07 pm

Donny wrote:Squad size?

Min: 5
Max: 12

Ghost
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 8

Division 1 Winner: Season 1

Postby Joehan » October 17th, 2012, 9:29 pm

what about trades and that, we doing that contract thing?

Joehan

Division 1 Winner: Season 5
Division 2 Winner: Season 3, Season 4
Cup Winner: Season 3, Season 4

Postby naby » October 17th, 2012, 9:33 pm

Will be announced when we know more.

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

Postby Aidizzle » October 17th, 2012, 9:52 pm

HCAFC wrote:So every matchday a team is left out? Do 8+10 IMO

9+9 = two teams are left out on every matchday
10+8 = top 4 from div2 get promotions, div2 season ends sooner so all focus is on div1 finale
8+10 = div1 keeps its exclusivity, and div2 has plenty of competition for promotion
I'd go with this. Four less matches to play, could even have a D2 cup or promotion playoffs at the end of the season in that four game gap.

Aidizzle

Postby naby » October 17th, 2012, 10:03 pm

Well, that backfired.

Gnaw's team pulled out because apparently they can't play sundays (then why ask to join?), so we've just gone back to how it was. Sorry to HKF and to anyone who has been inconvenienced by this.

Krasic's team will be a reserve team standing by to replace any team we deem too inactive (3 deflosses) or if the captain quits.

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

Postby Lekumberri » October 17th, 2012, 10:06 pm

Or put 10 teams in Div1 no problem, but 10+8 or 8+10...

Lekumberri

Postby Constantinople » October 17th, 2012, 11:26 pm

I think making a 10 team div1 and an 8 team div2 is the way to go. Promote us and Starlights to div1 to void the gap and allow Krasics team and another team (shouldn't be too much of a problem finding one more team in a month, I was thinking of placing an advert on TS and on the forums advertising a free spot for a team) to enter the league. This allows for Div1 to be the main focus of the league and in return, makes both divisions more competitive (div1 teams fighting for survival/league, div2 teams fighting to be in the spotlight of div1/promotion). This method will also get others intrigued in playing in the Feed Me League and allow competitiveness as well as the fun factor that FM has always strived for. Plus as more people are joining the community side of FM, adding the two new teams will allow more people to be involved.

Plus doing it this way makes the final day of the season more tense. More people will want to see what happens on the final day. It also allows for the admins to fully focus on that day to make sure it runs as smoothly as possible. Also, division 2 teams will have their fair share of spotlight too, with the even division it is likely to be, promotion will go to the wire.

Adding new teams will freshen up the league and will offer Feed Me more healthy competition. In past seasons, the new teams have been shown to gazump the older teams and prove to be stellar competition in the league (examples being Aquopolis S3, GIJ Season 4, Pablo Haxobar Season 4). These teams have been shown to give Div1 sides a run for their money and I am sure the new teams can provide the same if they allowed, making for a more competitive, yet fun FM.
To conclude my post, I think having 18 teams in the league (10 in division 1, 8 in division 2) is the best route to go as it offers competition to all teams and puts the limelight on div1 (similar to the Premier League is the most focused on in England or the Bundesliga is in Germany). It will also make Div2 teams more hungry for success and try and knock out these Div1 teams in the cup. People play in FM because of the community feeling which makes the games all that fun and I can see Season 5 being a blast so why not let others get involved? It doesn’t feel right to exclude them from the league or have them as a ‘backup team’. All teams should be involved and create that unity that FM is known for, so please rethink this decision. A div1 with 10 teams is manageable and a div2 with 8 teams is more than manageable. 18 teams is a good size this season and gives us room to grow and maybe expand the 2nd division to 10 teams next season as 8 teams gives us a lot of room to manoeuvre. Remember, season 4 was seen as a massive transition from 3s to 4s and going from around a 60 player base to a 146 (was it) player base, so it was a big jump. Towards the end of the season however things brightened up, less defwins, less 3v4’s etc, so it seems silly to shrink the league by such a huge amount. So please reconsider, administrators.

Inb4 tl;dr

Constantinople

News Articles: 4

Postby s.signorelli » October 18th, 2012, 1:41 am

oh the irony; this seems like a repeat of my career at hl, signing up to the league so i can captain my own team, im told by the admin(s) that i dont have enough experience or some shit like that, so i join a team (hl all stars and fm caths) then the league is desperate for teams smh. yes you could say i could leave my team, but im too loyal for that. :x

As I won't be having it as my avatar anymore I will have it as my signature

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqT0iFZifgw[/youtube]
s.signorelli

Division 2 Winner: Season 5
Cup Winner: Season 5

Postby Ghost » October 18th, 2012, 10:13 am

We are just sticking with the 2x8's. Having 2x9's or 1x10/1x8 not only makes the league a bit annoying to schedule but it also fucks the cup(s) up. At least with 16 teams we can run two cups with straight knockout rounds without having to piss around with bye's and group stages, thus forcing us to remove one of the cups because we don't have time for it.

STABILITY BEFORE EXPANSION! ... my new motto.

Ghost
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 8

Division 1 Winner: Season 1

Postby Constantinople » October 18th, 2012, 12:10 pm

Well how about 2 divisions of 10 then, like last season? As I suggested before, promote us and Starlights and make div1 a 10 man league, and allow for 4 new teams to participate (we already have 2 interests, Krasic’s team and Skele7a’s team). If the Germans can create two new divisions in a matter of weeks because of new teams wanting to sign up, then it should be easy for us to get just 2 other teams. It freshens things up and could potentially bring more people into the community side of FM and as I suggested in my previous post it makes things more competitive and fun.

The idea I have on getting these teams is to create an advert on TS and on the forums saying that FM is looking for 4 new teams to fill the hole. Then choose which applicants we can trial and dismiss those who we wouldn’t think are suitable. Then we trial these teams over a space of two week and they will be trialled on activeness, enthusiasm to play in the league and attitude towards the league. We then choose 4 of the teams to fill the 4 spots left available and go from there. If we don’t get enough quality applicants then fair enough, but I think we should really try this. The amount of defwins at the end of the season were dramatically reduced with a 20 team league. We shouldn’t look to reduce imo, I think the league can be more than stable with 10 teams, it’s all about finding the right applicants for the role.

I think the admins should reconsider this decision and allow for applications to go through. It’s like being the manager of a factory that tin salmon. You have 8 people working in the factory and 2 of those are tinners. You are looking for a 3rd tinner when suddenly you decide that 2 is enough without even thinking of taking applicants on. You then find out later that there is a quality tinner who was unemployed and now works in one of the leading salmon tinning factories in the country. Go bold and go forward. Trial new teams and go from there imo. There’s only ever going to be one Feed Me UK league. Let’s make it the best darn 20 man league in the history of Haxball leagues. Acuerdo?

Constantinople

Postby naby » October 18th, 2012, 12:16 pm

One flaw in your plan hesur: I dont want to go up to div 1 in that manner, I want to earn it.

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

Postby Constantinople » October 18th, 2012, 12:18 pm

Rachel wrote:One flaw in your plan hesur: I dont want to go up to div 1 in that manner, I want to earn it.

Offer 6th place to div1 then?

Constantinople

Postby naby » October 18th, 2012, 12:22 pm

Lol 6th place div 2..? Is that a serious suggestion? You really want to promote a team that cant even break into the top half on division 2? Hesur pls think

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

Postby socrates » October 18th, 2012, 12:26 pm

7th place imo

socrates

News Articles: 69

Next

Return to Announcements