Northern Lights v TI SPARTA!

Northern Lights v TI SPARTA!

Postby naby » October 15th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Northern Lights

After the title deciding match between Northern Lights and TI SPARTA!, we had numerous people contacting us concerning impersonation during the match. Girgensons had approached at least 4 players, asking them to impersonate his Northern Lights players for the match. After a lengthy discussion, we have come to the conclusion that because we can only prove intent, but not the actual impersonation, we cannot impose as severe a punishment as would have been necessary should it have been proven. But, because there is still doubt cast upon the match due to a number of factors, we have decided upon the following:

• The match between Northern Lights and TI SPARTA! be replayed in full, before Tuesday 23rd October.
  • All players participating in this match will be asked to confirm their identity while in the room, via Teamspeak. Both captain's can request that players on the opposing team confirm themselves via the Chatbox as well, if necessary.
  • In addition, further anti-impersonation rules will be added for season 5, with severe consequences for any offenders.

NOTE: TI SPARTA! are allowed to refuse to play the replay, in which case, Northern Lights will receive a 3 point deduction.

Should both teams agree to the re-match, and fail to play it by the deadline, both teams will be given a 0:3 defloss for the fixture.

Last edited by Anonymous on October 15th, 2012, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Starlights
naby

News Articles: 10

Position: Goalkeeper
Division 2 Winner: Season 2

Re: Northern Lights v TI SPARTA!

Postby Aidan » October 15th, 2012, 10:56 pm

REFUSE TO PLAY AND NINO WILL BE FORGIVEN !

Aidan

News Articles: 0

Division 1 Winner: Season 3

Postby Cam_Sampbell » October 15th, 2012, 11:26 pm

Any chance of the evidence/screenshots being shown?

We All Dream of a Team of Tommy Ts

Season 2
Action Men - Appearances - 9(1), Goals - 0, Assists - 1

Season 3
Ajhax - Appearances - 9(1), Goals - 7, Assists - 0

Season 4
Powerpuff Men - Appearances - 5, Goals - 2, Assists - 1
Aquopolis - Appearances - 5(1), Goals - 2, Assists - 1

Season 5
Mighty Ducks - Appearances - 0(1), Goals - 0, Assists - 0

Season 6
Pelicans - Appearances - 11(2), Goals - 4, Assists - 0

Season 7
Ajhax - Appearances - 6(2), Goals - 2, Assists - 0

Season 8
Ajhax - Appearances - 4, Goals - 1, Assists - 0

Overall: Appearances - 56, Goals - 17, Assists 3
Cam_Sampbell
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 5

Division 1 Winner: The Gordon Bombay of Mighty Ducks - Season 5

Postby naby » October 15th, 2012, 11:31 pm

Cam_Sampbell wrote:Any chance of the evidence/screenshots being shown?

Girgensons admitted it, so no.

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

Postby Girgensons » October 15th, 2012, 11:42 pm

Long story short:
After a very long delay in the game vs NWA, which was scheduled to be played before our match vs Sparta, Falk went afk. As we were about to start the match vs Sparta, I realized that Falk isn't answering to me on TS and that he hasn't joined the room. Ovo made it clear that he doesn't agree to wait or delay the match by some minutes, so I approached several players to make sure that we wouldn't have to play 3vs4, effectively losing the game and the title.

As the match was about to start (I already sent one of the players I approached a link to the room), Falk came back. So none of the players were impersonated at any point in the game.

Due to the fact that nothing in the rules mentions anything about not posting links to players not currently in your team, not a single rule was broken. This was confirmed by every player who admitted they were approached by me.

If they lied, they wouldn't have told anything about me approaching them in the first place. Makes sense?

So, essentially, we're being punished for nothing.

The only reason why this is happening is that:
a) Arriba has a shot at winning the title;
b) most admins hate me.

Is this fair? Not at all.

Do I agree to replay the game? Yes, because I have no other options. We're the better team, we've earned the title and we'll win it for the second time, if such are the wishes of the admin team.

Girgensons

Division 1 Winner: Season 4
Season 5

Postby ☮ ☆ noob ☆ ☮ » October 16th, 2012, 12:09 am

good luck Girgenson and to ur team :) hope u win ^^

“Ima show you, how great I am. Last night I cut the light off in my bedroom, hit the switch, and was in the bed before the room was dark. Ima show you, how great I am.
Spoiler: Show
Image Image
☮ ☆ noob ☆ ☮

Postby opc » October 16th, 2012, 12:13 am

So despite there being an intent to the rule being broken, so was no rule actually broken in the end? Well then having to replay the game is absolute bull shit.

Whatever the result of the replay, everyone knows that NL won the title and deserved to. If I was Girg I'd refuse the replay and make a mockery of the whole season, but that's just me.

opc

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby ☮ ☆ noob ☆ ☮ » October 16th, 2012, 12:17 am

like i said gd luck to NL and my opinion is that we got some sore losers in this league :) piece brothers! lol

“Ima show you, how great I am. Last night I cut the light off in my bedroom, hit the switch, and was in the bed before the room was dark. Ima show you, how great I am.
Spoiler: Show
Image Image
☮ ☆ noob ☆ ☮

Postby HCAFC » October 16th, 2012, 12:19 am

I think Girg is mafia

HCAFC

Postby anglo » October 16th, 2012, 12:22 am

I can say this, this is too infected. Im not playing.

anglo

Division 1 Winner: Season 5

Postby Girgensons » October 16th, 2012, 12:40 am

HCAFC wrote:I think Girg is mafia

cc inno on anglo

Girgensons

Season 5

Postby s.signorelli » October 16th, 2012, 1:26 am

tbh i dont see the big deal of it, just let it go honestly, i hear this is girg's last season, so let him end his career on a high note(if he chooses to retire). :)

p.s despite me choosing to sign for cathletico, i still care about nl and im still willing to help them; as they gave me hope of captaining my own team, but this was not meant to be as it would broke some rules (which in my opinion is a load of bollocks, but that's just me). Image

As I won't be having it as my avatar anymore I will have it as my signature

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqT0iFZifgw[/youtube]
s.signorelli

Division 2 Winner: Season 5
Cup Winner: Season 5

Postby Zizou » October 16th, 2012, 6:42 am

1st thing, if you push this one through then next season you will need to check identity of everyone every single game. Goodluck with that.
2nd thing, well the decision took you over a week don't you think its too late now? If this game was to be replayed then it should be replayed within hours after initial match...disappointing.

Zizou

Cup Runner-up: Season 2

Postby Lloyd Banks » October 16th, 2012, 6:46 am

it should be up to your team to verify your opponents if you are that bothered about it imo

Lloyd Banks
Rap Mod

Postby Guest » October 16th, 2012, 6:57 am

No rule saying you can't link someone else to the room, so there's no reason for this to be played. If impersonation was proven then fair enough but atm it just looks like admins don't want NL to win the title. Also, if you start adding a shit load of more rules about impersonation then the league will become a joke. It's fine as it is.

Postby DoCtoRé » October 16th, 2012, 8:22 am

Was i impersonated? No.
Was Perkins impersonated? No.
Was Javier impersonated? No.

Was Falk impersonated? Nope.

Btw i remember when Joehan made all these weird rules like if you 'retire' you cant play after a certain time limit or some thing oh yeah and then there was the draft that went horribly wrong...
This season has been my first at FM and overall it wasnt the best experience except for being a part of the squad that won the title (but uhm yeah now is being stripped off it apparantly..)

DoCtoRé

News Articles: 1

Postby OvoXo » October 16th, 2012, 9:02 am

I didn't want to replay it and just move on from it. No one in TIS made a complaint we just decided to move on.... Before anyone points the finger at TIS had to clear out name.

Second of all, season is over and playing it now kinda seems pointless and sucks, however we're forced to play it because if we say no then Arriba will win the title which they don't deserve imo.....

So yeah we'll have to replay it cus if we say no NL will get a 3 point deduction.

End of the day, tbh I would be happier to say no, but then arriba will win the title so ywah a dilemma :/

OvoXo

Postby DoCtoRé » October 16th, 2012, 9:47 am

What would you make a complaint over?

oh right nothing cause there was nothing :O

OvoXo wrote:I didn't want to replay it and just move on from it. No one in TIS made a complaint we just decided to move on.... Before anyone points the finger at TIS had to clear out name.

Second of all, season is over and playing it now kinda seems pointless and sucks, however we're forced to play it because if we say no then Arriba will win the title which they don't deserve imo.....

So yeah we'll have to replay it cus if we say no NL will get a 3 point deduction.

End of the day, tbh I would be happier to say no, but then arriba will win the title so ywah a dilemma :/

DoCtoRé

Postby Constantinople » October 16th, 2012, 10:00 am

Rachel wrote:Northern Lights

After the title deciding match between Northern Lights and TI SPARTA!, we had numerous people contacting us concerning impersonation during the match. Girgensons had approached at least 4 players, asking them to impersonate his Northern Lights players for the match. After a lengthy discussion, we have come to the conclusion that because we can only prove intent, but not the actual impersonation, we cannot impose as severe a punishment as would have been necessary should it have been proven. But, because there is still doubt cast upon the match due to a number of factors, we have decided upon the following:

• The match between Northern Lights and TI SPARTA! be replayed in full, before Tuesday 23rd October.
  • All players participating in this match will be asked to confirm their identity while in the room, via Teamspeak. Both captain's can request that players on the opposing team confirm themselves via the Chatbox as well, if necessary.
  • In addition, further anti-impersonation rules will be added for season 5, with severe consequences for any offenders.

NOTE: TI SPARTA! are allowed to refuse to play the replay, in which case, Northern Lights will receive a 3 point deduction.

Should both teams agree to the re-match, and fail to play it by the deadline, both teams will be given a 0:3 defloss for the fixture.

Disagree with this tbh. The report says that Girgensons 'apporached' 4 players that don't play on his team. He admitted to this, but never played the approached players, meaning no impersonation occured. To use an example from Girg on chat, if I had a knife with the intent of stabbing someone but never drew my knife out on that person, I can't be punished for intending to kill someone. Plus TI Sparta feel like they are forced to play a fixture they don't really want to play, which seems unfair.

Overall, forget this playoff, award NL the title and leave it at that. Theres been a lot of controversy over the season. I think people are forgetting that Season 4 was a transitional season from 3s to 4s. There will be new rules made up over the way as we see fit. Let's just learn from our mistakes and forget about this and have a solid structure in place and rock solid rules present for Season 5.

Constantinople

News Articles: 4

Postby naby » October 16th, 2012, 10:08 am

We want the match replayed under our rules so that we know the match is fair - for certain. Eradicating any doubt. Nothing else.

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

Next

Return to Announcements