Postby Mey » May 21st, 2016, 1:28 am

CRonaldo wrote:
VENOM i7 wrote:
CRonaldo wrote:i have a girlfriend

does ur girlfriend play in LS too?!?!?
CRonaldo wrote:i am the best defending players

l0l because you're totally better than fritz mate

And who are you? Do you even play?
Ofc I'm better than Fritz in defense, he's better than me in attack but not in defense.
There's no player better than me in defense :P

do i need to mention yaad everytime?
Mey

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Div1 ST of the season 15

Postby juliano » May 21st, 2016, 8:21 am

VENOM i7 wrote:

lol who the hell are u?
juliano

Postby Norbii » May 21st, 2016, 8:30 am

juliano wrote:lol who the hell are u?

lol, and who the hell r u to ask someone that who is he?
Norbii

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby juliano » May 21st, 2016, 8:48 am

Norbii wrote:
juliano wrote:lol who the hell are u?

lol, and who the hell r u to ask someone that who is he?

i am someone that not talking about players that he didnt play with them.
juliano

Postby VENOM i7 » May 21st, 2016, 10:04 am

juliano wrote:
VENOM i7 wrote:

lol who the hell are u?

lol how the actual fuck is that relevant to this topic? your low IQ is also irrelevant aswell.
VENOM i7

Position: Forward

Postby ATuntija » May 21st, 2016, 10:42 pm

Have you heard that CRonaldo has won the HCL ? :bounce:

doupi #1 :cheers:
ATuntija

News Articles: 12

Postby Mey » May 22nd, 2016, 2:17 pm

ATuntija wrote:Have you heard that CRonaldo has won the HCL ? :bounce:

doupi #1 :cheers:

me and rq carried him!1
Mey

Postby aeRo » May 22nd, 2016, 4:48 pm

I was the best ST in fm this season and I'm not even on the list wtf
aeRo
Elder of da Realm

Postby Pain » May 22nd, 2016, 5:55 pm

tbh CRon you are just second tier DM compared to older players like yaadon, requiem, tv5, gerrard
There are no men like me. Only me.
Pain

Postby VENOM i7 » May 22nd, 2016, 7:06 pm

Pain wrote:tbh CRon you are just second tier DM compared to older players like yaadon, requiem, tv5, gerrard

this
VENOM i7

Postby CRonaldo » May 23rd, 2016, 9:25 am

Pain wrote:tbh CRon you are just second tier DM compared to older players like yaadon, requiem, tv5, gerrard

Tbh with you when they used to play, the haxball level was lower. Nowadays everyone defends a lot better so it's harder than before. Like when Dexter played there were a lot more noobs who couldn't defend or just started playing haxball. You saw how Dexter (the BEST dm according to the most) got butchered in HCL by YeS ;) None of them are better than me, only Gerrard in attack but not in defense.
CRonaldo

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Zola » May 23rd, 2016, 10:49 am

CRonaldo wrote:

Tbh with you when they used to play, the haxball level was lower. Nowadays everyone defends a lot better so it's harder than before. Like when Dexter played there were a lot more noobs who couldn't defend or just started playing haxball. You saw how Dexter (the BEST dm according to the most) got butchered in HCL by YeS ;) None of them are better than me, only Gerrard in attack but not in defense.

What world do you live in?
Your belief in yourself is admirable but it also makes you look like an arrogant person with a fucked up realism :l
Zola

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby Yawn » May 23rd, 2016, 11:02 am

Zola wrote:
CRonaldo wrote:

What world do you live in?
Your belief in yourself is admirable but it also makes you look like an arrogant person with a fucked up realism :l

Well its no secret that hax gets better for every year, obviously the best players today are better than the best players in the past, would be wierd if haxball didnt move forward with quality!

To rate Cro i will leave for other people, but LS for sure has probably the best def in hax with him :popcorn:
Yawn

Postby socrates » May 23rd, 2016, 11:22 am

Yawn wrote:Well its no secret that hax gets better for every year, obviously the best players today are better than the best players in the past, would be wierd if haxball didnt move forward with quality!

I would say that its obvious the overall level of hax has improved - certainly in FM Div1 all of the teams are at a strong level and capable of beating each other. The division as a whole is the strongest it has ever been.

Not sure its so obvious to say that the best players now are better than the best players of the past. It's not like football where you can clearly state fitness levels have increased and tactical styles have changed. Maybe I'm blind to the improvements of the best players because I'm not at that level but to me its not significantly different now.
socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby Rénbeaudach » May 23rd, 2016, 2:07 pm

socrates wrote:
Yawn wrote:Well its no secret that hax gets better for every year, obviously the best players today are better than the best players in the past, would be wierd if haxball didnt move forward with quality!

I would say that its obvious the overall level of hax has improved - certainly in FM Div1 all of the teams are at a strong level and capable of beating each other. The division as a whole is the strongest it has ever been.

Not sure its so obvious to say that the best players now are better than the best players of the past. It's not like football where you can clearly state fitness levels have increased and tactical styles have changed. Maybe I'm blind to the improvements of the best players because I'm not at that level but to me its not significantly different now.

Wow I came out of posting retirement, but true words overall from soc, particularly with regards to the second part. I've seen pertty much every HCL final from the 3rd onwards and in terms of the quality of play I think that that 3rd edition final between Silas Beavers and Angels of Death is yet to be surpassed.

Sure there are a lot more teams and players compared to the rest of the userbase that have 'caught up' to the base level of good play today, more than ever before I would add, but in terms of genuinely outstanding players that are able to push on from that boundary [your Ceds, aguero10s, Doctorés and Dexters etc] I think we are comparitively lacking right at the moment.

P.S. Does CRonaldo recall the semi final in the HCL tournament in which he won? Perhaps if his memory was better he'd think twice before criticising the way archnemesis played to win the FM league title. Not that there's anything wrong with playing deliberately defefensively if it gets results of course, I just find it rather strange that it would ever be someone's first reaction to criticise their opponent's style of play before their own after they've lost.
Rénbeaudach

News Articles: 3

Division 1 Winner: Season 99

Postby Frank Hemd » May 23rd, 2016, 2:38 pm

just for all people who didnt play in the league and dont have any kind of understanding how we play and get wrong information from other people who already got wrong information and spread wrong information to gullible people who again spread wrong information i have to stop this now.

-> we are at least one of the top 3 teams who is defending really offensive and also has more ball possession than our opponents in at least 80% of the matches, doesnt matter who the opponent is. and now you can continue the more or less nice discussion after being a bit more informated ;)

and in my opinion haxball just gets better and better from the level of playing and i agree that the last division 1 was from the level the best haxball league ever existed, even when the upcomming one can and i think will be even better.
Frank Hemd

Postby Vak » May 23rd, 2016, 2:52 pm

:popcorn:
Vak

Postby Yawn » May 23rd, 2016, 3:08 pm

The best teams of 2016 would win pretty easy against the best teams 2013, its no secret. Any active game always improves with quality by time. Just because hcl#3 final was a legendary 1 hour long game, doesnt mean it has the best quality. Just look at the def, and compare it to the top teams of today.

Maybe the gap between the best players and other top players has decreased, but the overall quality is better, and especially the teams as a unit plays much better. But i only base this from watching old recs, didnt play back then so maybe it was different. But im sure if you would ask the top players of today, that also was top player back then, they would say that the quality improved quite a bit, it would be wierd otherwise. Players like Dexter etc didnt stop improve after hcl #3 i hope...
Yawn

Postby B4D4SS » May 23rd, 2016, 3:56 pm

i saw dexter vs YeS and even tho he lose it was cus of the AM player's defence mistakes, dexter also made a few chances in attack too that they failed. + ced might have looked really good a few years ago when the def was low quality cus of his insane skill, but today its a lot less useful. the game has reached the level now where its more about game sense than skill, even in attack. now i cnt comment on ced's game sense but we cnt know for sure if he wud be one of the best in 2016 like he was wen he was playing. so this shud also be taken into account if ur comparing the old player with news 1s
B4D4SS

Postby Rénbeaudach » May 23rd, 2016, 6:15 pm

Yawn wrote:The best teams of 2016 would win pretty easy against the best teams 2013, its no secret. Any active game always improves with quality by time. Just because hcl#3 final was a legendary 1 hour long game, doesnt mean it has the best quality. Just look at the def, and compare it to the top teams of today.

Maybe the gap between the best players and other top players has decreased, but the overall quality is better, and especially the teams as a unit plays much better. But i only base this from watching old recs, didnt play back then so maybe it was different. But im sure if you would ask the top players of today, that also was top player back then, they would say that the quality improved quite a bit, it would be wierd otherwise. Players like Dexter etc didnt stop improve after hcl #3 i hope...

Plenty of player end up stagnating for one reason or another, perhaps due to the level of teammates they play with, the time they spend practising, or simply their own arrogance holding them back; it can happen in all sorts of discplines, a lot of players that played the game did end up peaking a lot earlier in haxball's history.
While I do agree that by and large the level and depth of competition to the elite level has improved year-on-year, I think it's rather an oversimplification to say that every single aspect of the game from all quarters is better today than it is now. When I talk about 'that' final it's not just it's length that is extraordinary, but the level of concentration and precision of both teams defences I think stands up across any era, especially when faced up to an equally strong level of attacking ball movement, particularly from Silas Beavers' side. Now that's not to say that that level has ever been matched by any players since, I could end up writing a small book about the game and its players over the last three years or so and all the little incremental changes - another time and another post maybe. But for now consider the team 69erz Crew which reached the semifinal stage of the 10th edition of the HCL this year, comprised more or less consistently of Zola, Herna, socrates and A.Tuntija. A perfectly capable counter-attacking team and very successful in punishing their opponents' defensive oversights, in particular against WAR in their quarterfinal, but would that level of play have cut it even in HCL #3, especially when teams such as [an albeit in retrospect fading] Nerdlucks failed even to reach the semifinal stage? Without meaning any disprespect to 69erz, but I believe that in comparison their limitations were quite stark, particularly in holding the ball up to transition to attack, and whilst their defence was very good, their semifinal exit laid bare some quite elementary errors.
Now this is just one example in what it quite a complex narrative, and by no means tells the whole story, but I believe a fitting example to show that you can't really make too many sweeping generalisations when comparing the elite level of haxball now from three years ago.

P.S. A shame you can't rep on this thread, but if you don't like this post don't worry, you can always take some initiative neg one of my earlier posts from two years ago like Norbii did!
Rénbeaudach

News Articles: 3

Division 1 Winner: Season 99

PreviousNext

Return to Division 1