FMI: Episode 5 (feat. doupi)

FMI: Episode 5 (feat. doupi)

Postby Barca » September 22nd, 2016, 9:34 pm

Ladies and gentleman, it is finally time for another interview!

Our guest this month is the well-known czech player and longtime captain of Elite 69 – doupi.
The candy this month goes to socrates, who was the first (and only) who predicted doupi rightly! When you have any wishes what we can arrange for you contact us.
Doupis team Elite 69 was born before season 11 and is constantly doing a great job. With winning the Division 2 title and the cup already in the first season it was clear that the team is a really ambitious one. After that between season 12 and 14 no other titles were added, but considering that the line-up is really similar to the starting one it can't be considered high enough that two seasons ago Elite 69 outclassed most likely the best FM team YeS AllStars in the cup final with 5-1. With this success in the back doupis team tried in season 16 everything to finally win the Divsion 1 title and be the champions. Unfortunately for them we all know how it ended with not reaching the aim only because of one single goal they conceded too much/scored too less.
As single player doupi already scored unbelievable 104 goals and directly prepared 49 goals, what makes him be the 2nd best scorer of all time behind naho (150goals) and also 2nd best assister behind Fritz (59).
In this episode he is talking with me about his hobbies besides Haxball, his feelings after the last matches of season 16, further aims, why he didn't take part in Haxball Champions League, differences to the czech league, his top starting 4 & much more!

Hello and good morning in the morning, doupi!

Good evening Barca :)

First of all some personal questions to know something about your current life. So please say us something about your real name, how old you are, what do you study/work, hobbies and interests outside of Haxball.

So, as you probably know, I come from Czechia. I'm 22 years old and I currently study computer science and work in the field. Outside Haxball, I really like football and I love to go skiing in the winter. I also play Rocket League most of the days, but I think I still prefer Haxball.

Ah great, i know some other haxball players who also play Rocket League and Haxball. It seems like its common to combine those two games

Unluckily, and in the end only because of one single goal, you and your team Elite 69 again couldn’t manage it to win the best Haxball league in the world. Which conclusions you took out of it?

Naturally, we were very disappointed in ourselves. Had we won the last game, we'd have been champions regardless of the other result. In the end, even a draw would have sufficed - but we choked hard, like England in the world cup The title race became rather a race of who will fuck up more in the end, and unfortunately, we won that race.

And for the cup final I guess the motivation was a bit down just some days after this debacle or why did Hot Shots dominate your team more or less how they wanted?

I can't say our main focus was on the league, but even though we were disappointed, we wanted to end the season on a high at least. I wouldn't say they dominated, but clearly it wasn't our day.

So let's finish with the last season and let us look forward to the next one. I guess there Elite 69 will go for their 6th attempt to win the title?

Yes, of course! Every season I keep repeating we want to win the title and it keeps coming closer and closer. Let's hope the trend continues! (And we skip the step where we lose out on goals scored...)

Considering that no other team managed it from season 12 on to get every season at least place 5 Elite 69 in my opinion definitely deserves it one time to be champion. Will there be any changes in the squad for next season?

We're not sure yet - we like to keep a smaller squad and we don't do changes often, but this time we might add a player to our ranks. Nothing definitive yet though.

Comparing the czech and the Feed me league. What are the differences and advantages/disadvantages and which you like more or its equal?

Well, clearly the biggest difference is they play style - while FeedMe is played in 3def, there are 3v3 and 4v4 big easy Czech leagues. I'd say they are more or less equal to me, although I might slightly prefer the Czech 4v4 team (CL champions GoSu!) because of how I like big easy more. There's also things in FeedMe which I liked and brought them to the Czech league to, in my opinion, improve it.
We definitely aren't forgetting or neglecting FeedMe though!

And would you say that the Feed Me staff could do anything better or it is completely perfect like it is now?

I think the staff are doing an excellent job and I don't have any immediate concern about the league. Maybe they could interfere to demand fair play more.

Did you already recognized that teams like Los Santos and Daredevils are not allowed to continue in next season? And as all what I know Feed Me is planning to increase the teams in 1st Division up to 12 teams. Would you say it’s a good idea and the league gets even better, or probably in the end the opposite could be the case?

I was always looking to the 12 team Division 1 and when I saw so many nice team applications, I immediately thought - it's gonna happen now and it's gonna be great. So I was quite surprised to see many teams missing in the check in thread. I don't know much about how these teams planned to change and basically no details, but I understand the basic motive the admins have behind this. I can't speak for individual cases though.

So as we all know at the moment also the Haxball Champions Leauge and the Nations cup are running. In the Champions League you also could have taken part with Elite 69. Why you didn’t want to, or you just missed to check in somehow?

The reason is quite simple, we wouldn't have enough players to play it. After winning it with GoSu, some players said they wouldn't play CL anymore and that's the sole reason.

Ah really bad, never would have thought so. So in next seasons you also won't take part when you qualify or could it change again?

It's most likely it will stay this way, although I can't speak for all my players.

Also the international biggest tournament, the Nations Cup, started on the 2nd of this month. After scoring in the first match 4 goals Czech Republic still lost with 2:3 vs. Romania. Then there were already two finals for Czech Republic and unfortunately you lost the first one vs. Israel. The victory vs. Lithuania didn’t change anything anymore. Considering the groups and the really close results it is done with calling it bad luck this year?

Hm, I think we were unlucky against Romania, and unlucky not to play in the strongest line-up against Israel. I hope we at least redeemed ourselves in the match with Lithuania, although getting knocked out in the group stages sucks.

But we also have to admit that Czech Republic probably had the strongest group this year, so it's no shame at all. Who do you think has the biggest chances to win the current edition?

I'm not really sure, sadly I haven't seen half of the teams in action. Probably one of the "classic" teams such as Turkey.

So sadly a typical answer :/.
For my last haxball "question" please choose your top starting 4 on 3def. (When you don’t pick yourself create one with and one without you)

I can give you another sadly typical answer and pick my team mates out of nostalgia - the team which won the CL, Forsbi - lukyno - Bonaparte - doupi. Hope you like this.
I'm gonna make you happy... I'm gonna use one where I don't pick my team mates. gado - Fritz - aguero10 - naho seems good.

Definitely not bad ones! When you could choose one super power. Which is it and why?
I think rewinding time is quite cool.. and useful!

For sure, I guess every single person on earth wanted to do it somewhere in his life. So now already my my last question. Any special wishes for the future? (based on Haxball and real life)

I wish we win FeedMe. I wish for world peace, for world hunger to end and for everyone only eating plant based diet. And I wish Forsbi finally gets his prosthetic legs, let some light shine into his life!

So that was all from my side, I hope you enjoyed it much and big thanks for participating! Of course also good luck whatever you will do in the future!

You're welcome and thanks for doing this!

I wanted to say italy will win nc because of akinfeev's strong spam, but many people wouldn't get it, but it would make popi happy

Last edited by Barca on September 24th, 2016, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barca

News Articles: 4

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: FMI: Episode 5 (feat. doupi)

Postby socrates » September 23rd, 2016, 7:51 am

Great interview Barca and doupi!

Barca being very nice by not mentioning it was their rivals Dream Destroyers who cost them the title :D

I hope for some more intense matches between the 2 teams next season. Especially with CvRk back! :cheers:

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby Rénbeaudach » September 23rd, 2016, 11:14 pm

justice for risingstar, he's got 106 FM goals (including seasons 1-4), so that would make him 2nd

Rénbeaudach

News Articles: 3

Division 1 Winner: Season 99

Postby socrates » September 26th, 2016, 10:29 am

Thought BANKS might have more than rising but he's only on 105. If only he had a good captain in the early seasons he would be miles ahead...

socrates

Postby Lloyd Banks » September 26th, 2016, 6:32 pm

Tbf I've actually only played about 3 full seasons, then a few half seasons here and there

Lloyd Banks
Rap Mod

News Articles: 0

Postby socrates » October 24th, 2016, 10:51 am

More please! Maybe a clue for who is next :)

socrates

Postby Barca » October 25th, 2016, 2:56 pm

At the moment he isnt playing in this league, but already was Champion ;)

Candy is waiting...

Barca

News Articles: 4

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby socrates » October 25th, 2016, 5:42 pm

Wiii? :)

socrates

Postby ATuntija » October 30th, 2016, 2:39 pm

DrG :?: