FMI: Episode 3 (feat. MrP)

FMI: Episode 3 (feat. MrP)

Postby Barca » July 3rd, 2016, 2:20 pm

Hello and good morning in the morning!

We finally have, after an almost one year long abstinence of no written interview, with the Feed Me Admin MrP a new guest! As captain of Pablo Haxobar he managed it to lead his team to the Division 1 champion title in season 8. His team is the longest current still existing team which never relegated, and this with a big distance to the next club(s)! With his team 69ers he managed it to win the haxtrick cup and reached the HCL semi finals. And in premhax he is the 5th best overall scorer, so a lot of experience I am talking today with!
So for all who are are planning to create a new team in Feed Me it could help a lot to read the upcoming chat. Besides that he is talking about his beginning, greatest achievments in his haxball career, the possible first relegation for Pablo Haxobar, players he would like to sign for Pablo Haxobar if they were available, personal and team aims, his further aims as admin of the league and much more!

Hello and good morning in the morning, MrP!

Hello Frank!

Let’s begin with a short introduction by yourself that even people who never heard about you can follow most of the interview. So please say us something about how old you are, what is your real name, where do you live, what are you doing there, why are you doing it, what are your interests outside of haxball, etc…

I am MrP from Magdeburg, Germany, and would like to stay anonym with my real name. I am 30 years old and I am kind of full time haxball organisator :). Outside of haxball stuff I am playing a lot of basketball in my free time and I am "playing skittle" pro.

Nice to know, and how you found Haxball and since when are you playing it?

I can‘t remember where I found this game. Back in 2011 I was playing with a friend a lot of darts and billard on an Internet site that I forgot. Yesterday I asked him where we found this haxball game, and he told me that I must have found it at this page… But tbh I can’t remember.

Haha yeah over such long years people unluckily forget much. And what about the name MrP, it has a meaning or it doesn't at all?

The P stands for my surname. I started using it 100 years ago when i was a kid and played lan partys with friends.

And what about your team name Pablo Haxobar? Are you a sympathizer of the unique drug dealer Pablo Escobar or how we can understand it?

Haha, good question.
When Rodwell aka. Kirito recruited me from public in 2012 he created a new team in the old HBBL and together we tried to find a name for the team. We did some brainstorming and idk how someone got the idea of Pablo Haxobar. I can‘t even say if it was me, Hannes or Rodwell. But Rodwell (the boss) prefered this name and we decided to take it. But ofc we don‘t like drugs and for this reason it has nothing to do with Pablo Escobar.

Ah, so it is a bit similar with my own team. I also don't exactly know how it was created as it first was created but then not used in leagues and then reborn etc... Now a question by my own interest. Did you watch the top rated series „Narcos“ who is all over the life of Pablo Escobar or you at least want to watch it in the future?

A friend of me told me about this series, but I remember there was a lot of spanish in the first episode(s) and so I stopped watching it because i haven‘t find a link with subtitles. At the end there will come nevertheless a day where I will continue watching it. Because usually I really like such stories as they are in Breaking Bad, The Sopranos and Lilyhammer too.

Thanks god! Pablo Haxobar is constantly existing and playing in the league for more than 10 seasons now. Did you ever spend a thought on disbanding the team or you want to lead until you die and then the next generation will continue the myth of this fantastic team?

Hahaha, I never thought about disbanding the team, but there is a case where i would think about it. It‘s when Hannes would stop playing. Maybe it would be a great idea to lead Pablo Haxobar until I die and after it my children will continue with it.
And thanks for the compliment that PH is a fantastic team!

Haha yes I really think so too! :D
If I am not wrong you are with your team mate Hannes the second longest player who is constantly playing in one team in this league, after Jds. It seems like he will never lose motivation to lead Ajhax – such as you two with Pablo Haxobar. You still think one of you will ever get on the top place or it is impossible against your eternal rival Jds of the old guard?

Hm, as league supporter i much more prefer to have guys like Jds who are permanently leading a team. Regarding to this I hope we wont take his spot on top. I don‘t know Jds‘ plans for the future, but tbh I really don‘t care about any achievment like this.

Yeah completely agree with you, and it shows once again your great character to not put personal aims higher than the league aims! By the way you even know how many goals and assists you got with Pablo Haxobar?

No, I don’t know, but I could ask our homepage: http://pablohaxobar.de.tl/
I hope Hannes will upload season 15 soon.

So as all what I know it are 4 goals and 2 assists. Your team only lost one time with 3:4 against YeS AllStars whenever you got a scorer point. Still you are known for almost never playing in league matches. You don’t think you have enough quality as player or what is the reason?
First goal: Show
Second goal: Show
Third goal: Show
Fourth goal: Show
First assist: Show
Second assist: Show

Without season 15 stats I have got 12 goals and 8 assists in 33 matches (381minutes) in HBBL+ FM + H4F(1 season).
I am not really sure about my own quality, it comes and goes… Sometimes I am playing not bad and the same day 1 hour later I suck. But the reason why I play really rarely is that I trust my players very much. In my opinion all of our players are better or have deserved it to play at least. I know that most of all players really care about getting the league matchtimes and that is why I also keep warm the bench. Because I love to enjoy the fun of haxball in general. For this reason I have absolutely no problem to watch league matches and playing fs alot.

Ah, yes my statistic was only based on Feed Me league. But compared with the matchtime it still isn't anything to not be proud of. The greatest achievement in your haxball history has to be the champion title in Season 8, where your team outplayed other great teams like h0ba, TI SPARTA!, IKEA Deutschland and Starlights. Or would you say that even something more spectacular happened?

That is definitely the biggest achivement of PH at all, butother spectacular things were the return of Hawk, the signings of huub and Tunti and that we didn‘t relegate until now. Probably also that we still exist, even when other teams would disband after every PH season. I mean if they had played such a season like we do usually.

So as you said in season 17 it could happen that Pablo Haxobar will have to play his first season in Division 2, after avoiding it in season 14 in a spectacular playoff match against Meh Squirrel where you won 3:1. Would you be prepared for the direct promotion or you don’t think about something like this that early?

As you could see in the previews, I predicted us on 10th place and I was really suprised about the last seasons. We always did better than I expected. You know there are every time players that are better than others and sometimes someone must lose. Mostly the better players win but also the underdogs can! It means on the one hand that i see PH as kind of underdog team that only can get points with fighting ability. On the other hand I think our opponents have more quality regarding to skill. I don‘t really care about winning every match, but I want to see us fighting. If we will start fighting again and fixing our def problems we will get some points during the season. If it will be enough in the end of the season is impossible to say. Ofc I could sign only skilled players, but I prefer to have a nice team atmosphere and these skilled players wouldn‘t cope with our team.
When we will relegagte at the end of the season I wouldn‘t kill or cut anybody because it would have been deserved.
So the plan is to focus, fighting and better positioning in def.

So would you say that you are looking forward on any match more than others or the sentence of Joseph 'Sepp' Herberger „the next game is always the hardest“ also counts for you and your team?

Yes, he was a wise man.
By the way in school I won the Sepp Herberger trophy in football :D.

Haha nice, like I would have know it :D.

Ye, Nostradamus 2.0!

When you now could sign 1-3 players all over the world who currently have a team or are maybe not even playing in the league. Who would you choose and why, or you wouldn’t even choose one and stay like you are now?

I would instantly sign Herna and socrates because these 2 players made my haxball life. I love them (#nohome) and they are great players and guys.

With both you are also playing together in another league. Isn't there anyone else where you also think he could fit perfectly in Pablo Haxobar?

Maybe Twigg, but i haven‘t played enough with him to say it for sure. In general I have a strict idea of players I would like to sign. They shall never troll, rage, spam (in chat) or insult opponents. They need to know how to positionate, have to be active in fs, must be reliable, good ping, some english skills, must listen to me and I think with all of these aspects the range of possible players is extremely close.

Yeah definitely. So now to some last questions about your job as Feed Me admin. How you would describe the seasons from where you started until now?

We had many disbandings over the time and the teamspeak server wasn‘t really active. People searched for fs in other leagues, they didn‘t care about Feed Me very often. Now we made this league in my opinion to the best league in Europe. We have a great and outstanding activity, nearly no disbandings over the last 2 seasons and many features. I have never played in a league before where you have a stream every matchday (during the EURO2016 we decided to cancel the stream). We found some guys who want to commentate and stream. We have a betting area, socrates introduced the prediction game into the homepage, fantasy haxball, permanent updated results and tables, og and clean sheets list, allstar matches and so on. The FM admin / support team did an amazing job and I have to thank them a lot, but a special thanks now to jonny and the founder of FM. Without them here wouldn‘t be anything and they still support us a lot when there are any problems.
But also I want to thank every captain and user that shows interest in our/their league. Without them here wouldn‘t be anything too.

Some really nice and wise words. Many people say that currently the Feed Me league is the best haxball league in the world, me including. You said you agree on it, at least in Europe. Is there anything with what we as normal users can count in the future? Maybe FM will take over complete haxball soon :)?

For me it is important to offer a nice league to nice users. It means I don’t care about the skill of someone when he is an idiot. I am happy when nice guys find a way to play in a competitive league like FM. Regarding to this the users can trust the admin/supporters that we give our best to bring nice and friendly teams into the league. Ofc it will never happen that everybody likes everybody and as long as we have respect between the players and opponents everything is fine. The users also can be sure that I/we will try to support them as much as we can in future like we did in past. We also think about adding 2 teams to Division 1 in the next season to have 2x12 teams in both divisions. This ofc depends on disbandings and team applications, but this is what we want to try. Some other special things aren‘t planed yet and we will see if we can keep the league like this.
Because in my opinion the legue works very well, maybe too well? I hope we can keep the current level, then I am happy.

So that it was from my side. You want to say something what I forgot to say or you want to give any last shoutouts?

I want to wish maximum luck for every team in this league and I hope everbody will stay active and friendly. Don‘t use macro and don‘t even think about faking players, this will destroy the fun. Shoutouts to my teammates Herna, Soc, Tunti, Hannes, Hawk, Zola, huub, Savi, varela, Ghost, Skillem, Holtby and Shootstar. Also big thanks to Mamba for supporting us with the awards. To Barca, Kivi, Ryan, Soul, gado, Arango, Mish, Jovetic and Ahmed for commentating, creating GOTW and all the other help. I hope I haven‘t forget someone, but in general shoutout to everyone!

So thanks for your time and the great interview and for the future only the best for FM, your team and especially to yourself!

Thank you for the interview too!

Barca

News Articles: 4

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: FMI: Episode 3 (feat. MrP)

Postby Kivi » July 4th, 2016, 3:04 am

It's so sad that he doesn't trust himself, because he has big potential and experience to become a "godlike" player on german side.

In the end, you've to love this guy. :P

Kivi

News Articles: 0

Position: Forward

Postby socrates » July 4th, 2016, 8:15 am

Nice interview :thumbup:

MrP has already promised me he will play for either Pablo or 69erz this ssn so expect that goal tally to rise soon!

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby Bonaparte » July 9th, 2016, 11:15 pm

And I always thought that Pablo Haxobar comes from P. Escobar...quite disappointment :(

Bonaparte

News Articles: 0

Position: Forward

Return to FM Interviews