FMI: Episode 8 (feat. Caccapupù)

FMI: Episode 8 (feat. Caccapupù)

Postby Barca » July 10th, 2017, 3:20 am

Hello amigos,
this time I met my italiano amigo Caccapupù and spoke with him about so many things. For example his name, FM history, curse of HCL-finals, his greatest matches, favourite team players and so much more! In my opinion it is the best interview I ever made and also I saw on haxball, but satisfy yourself!

Fact sheet

Living in: Milan, Italy
Former (important) teams: YeS AllStars, Die Galaktischen
Favourite food: Sushi
Top 3 Albums: Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Brand New - The Devil And God Are Ragins Inside Me
Nas - Illmatic

Hello my italian amigo, Caccapupù!

Hi

Lets start with an easy, but always interesting question. How did you found Haxball and you remember your first impressions?

Mmmh I'm not sure exactly in which forum but I can say I found it in a forum! So I linked it to some friends and we started playing internals and playing against them I thought I was pretty good, then roaming around in public rooms my dreams of being good shattered already. I think we're talking about uhm... start of 2012? I started my career as a striker with my first team NT (captained by Marke94), we only played ESL because there was no Italian League yet and in Italy that's what we all played at the times. Then I got signed in June 2012 with iNoob for the 2nd team (I was young...) of Real Italy, it isn't a known team now but it's a historical Italian team that was dominating the scenes at the time. Around September of the same year I took a break, then I came back in April 2013, this time as GK. The rest is history!

Even more interesting than I thought… and besides Haxball, which other games you play/played?

Before Haxball I played for around a year Crossfire, a FPS game. Even before I played for 3/4 years Warpfire, a browser multiplayer game that has now been deleted but where I spent a lot of time, I've been able to be top1 in Italy on that one. Search the gameplay on youtube!

After the interview I will for sure! So lets get straight to Haxball things! Do you remember how many titles you already have won here? I can imagine it are too much to remember and to count them together... but maybe you can try at least.

Uhm ok let's see. I'm the only player in whole haxball that has been able to win all the Your-Esports (YeS) trophies: Division 3 with WiN FC (team captained by my friend Love London), Division 2 still WiN FC then Division 1 and League Cup with Die Galaktischen. Haters like Fritz will say that I won all the trophies because real pros didn't even play in Division 3 so how could they win it, but ya know... Started from the bottom now we here I've also been able to be Top Clean Sheet when we won Division 1.
Going to FM, everything with YeS AllStars: Division 2, Division 1 twice, League Cup twice with one of my favorite finals: YeS AllStars (Caccapupù - Fritz - YaaDon - Chro) against Los Santos (Yannex - Rq* - CRonaldo - Derrick Rose. (http://fm-haxball.co.uk/index.php?page=fixture&id=1593) I don't remember the result but I remember we won, just from the names you can guess it was a nice match! Top Clean Sheets twice in FM as well.
Then I won Haxtrick Division 1 with Victory Hunters and that's all for the european leagues I guess.

That is really an amount and even more league titles than I expected. To more great matches we will come a bit later ;)! You have with „Caccapupù“ quite a real uncommon nickname. You remember how it was created?

It was taken from the movie "Bruce Almighty" by Jim Carry! When Jim takes control of the journalist's mind and makes him say bullshits, he makes him say Caccapupù (which literally means Shitpoo, for those who don't know) and it always made me laugh. I'm not sure why did I pick it - haxball is the only game where I'm named like that - but I never changed it since when I started playing basically because people started to know me like that, I don't like it as much as before (indeed I also only use it in officials) but it's ok. I am shitpoo.

And now I saw that you lately changed it… at least on the Haxball site. Why that?

Aaaaah on League1 you mean? I even forgot lol I picked ______ as nick because... it's philosophical ok?! I'm not good with nicknames.

Haha ok it is an acceptable answer. :D But you are also known as „The Creator“. Do you know the origin of it? And ever thought about using this nickname for Haxball? :D

Ok so I'm not sure about the origins. My countless fans just started to call me like that. Once again haters like Fritz (n1 hater in the world + negative person who spreads negative vibes 24/7) will say that I just gave it to myself but let them speak we don't care what they say. And I don't know about using it on hax, I also go by "tc" sometimes but so far I only used it for fs.

So for me you are the best goalkeeper in Haxball world for the last couple of years. As you have much experience, are a smart guy and I also completely like your playstyle. You agree to that or you have some who you like even more?

Haha well I don't know about who's the best (snake eheh) but yes I can name you few goalkeepers that I like (based on their gameplay, I'm not a fan of defensive gks):
Love London - I wanna mention him first because he has never been judged as a top player in Europe but in my opinion he has always been pretty much underrated. He has been the first Italian GK to reach a HCL final and I think that when he's in a good day he has nothing less than the other top goalkeepers. (rip in canada)
Pringles - he's quite new to the top european scene but I think that he's the best goalkeeper right now, he has everything I like in a gk: spam, offensive playstyle, spam, passes, spam, saves, spam, rushes, spam...
Papier - another good gk, similar to Pringles imo. Very compact.
Formiga - I might be biased here because we've been teammate for a long time, unlike the others I mentioned he's obviously the most defensive but I think he's the best in that. He's in my opinion the best goalkeeper if we speak about saves and position between the posts.

Another GK I always liked to watch was Guti Haz, but I guess he left hax long time ago.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfONCP-XdV8[/youtube]

As I know you are the player who lost most HCL-Finals in the history of Haxball! Can you sum up all of them and shortly say for each what in your opinion was the problem why it wasn’t enough to get in the glorious winner section?

Hahaha what a great award!
So... The first final: Die Galaktischen – Hellhounds 1:4[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFmVYV1jXcs[/youtube]
Not only it was my first ever final, but also my first HCL edition! One shot one kill.
Anyways at this times it was my first season with Die Galaktischen, however I wasn't a very known player and I was mostly signed as 2nd gk in league for when Zerothree would have problems or whatever (later things changed :P). On the other side, we agreed that he would let me play HCL. The roster was composed of: me, Zerothree, Sneijder, iNoob, Nino, Razmo, xuxanodedo. It was a great ride until the final, I remember I conceded only 3 goals in the whole competition by playing all the matches, we faced mdfk's polish team at quarters, ROUTE59 in semifinal and then Hellhounds in final... We were of course the underdogs, so we decided to try to bus a bit and score on counter.
Yeah, nice tactic. Too bad iNoob or Nino (I don't remember who) scored an owngoal at the first minute of the first half. Let alone the fact that we were facing adriano - aguero10 - Stingox - Ced... says enough haha. If I recall correctly we lost the first half 3-0, and the match ended 4-1. On the other side, if I could go back in time I would wish to lose this final again. I wasn't absolutely good enough to win (I played on line as most goalkeepers did at the time) and I'm pretty sure that if I won it then I would never start trying to improve and become what I became. So yes, I'm glad I lost that one, also because the opponents deserved it 100%.

Second final: Antarctic Lions - Stiff Wind (Angels of Death) 1:2 [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fL5iXcT0hw[/youtube]
Antarctic Lions were the champions of the past edition and CRonaldo picked me as GK for the next edition. I remember in group stages we won 2-0 a very good team formed by GK (I dont remember who) - Linas - Kranjcar and Clinical Striker for 2-0. We were given as champions by most of the people. Our line-up was formed by me, CRonaldo, YaaDon, Echo, Razmo, Meyer and I'm probably forgetting someone. I remember beating ITA, one of the best italian teams of all times for 3-0 in quarterfinals, then I don't remember much about the other matches.
We faced R9's team in final, R9 before that played 3 HCL finals and he lost all 3... who was gonna interrupt that curse? who else if not me hahaha shit happens. Whatever in my opinion that final was the only one I deserved to win, I think I played pretty good, without counting the fact that we had to play with CRonaldo but at the last minute he warned us he couldn't make it, so we had to call Razmo on phone and let him play without warmup, couting the fact that he was already a retired player at the time.
That final was really shameful, AoD scored the 2-1's goal at 9:50 of the first half and then what we witnessed in 2nd half wasn't really something that you expect in the best Haxball competition: since the first minute Catrice started to spam on the corner without even trying to backpass, his aim was only to keep the ball on our corner. R9 instead was basically standing as farthest as possible throwing the ball back to corner whenever the ball escaped from Catrice's hands; to make it clear: I'm not complaining or something, every tactic is allowed. Just starting to do it since the 1st minute of 2nd half made me a bit mad, also because it's the only final that I played at the best of my chances! Whatever, things had to go like that. :P

Regarding the last final: YeS AllStars - Angry Bulls 2:5 [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Y69LEOr9g[/youtube]
I don't have much to say, in the previous edition we raped them 5-0 in quarterfinals and they even had Dexter on the field, they were given as our rivals for the title and we beat them. So we went in semifinal pretty sure to be already HCL champions... and lost to Dream Destroyers at golden goal. RIP
Then we met them again in final and yeah, there's not much to say, we even scored the first goal and they came back, so yes the final I regret the most is for sure the #2 with Antarctic Lions.

It is the best point of view behind another haxball player ever for me. I will link all finals for sure. But yeah what not was, can still get possible one time! So this edition the next try to be HCL-Champion?

Noooo haha I don't think this is the right edition! I basically don't play haxball anymore and I joined a team just for the sake of playing HCL, getting to quarterfinals would be already pretty good. If I ever have to come back playing seriously it would be with YeS AllStars for sure.

Ah too bad... :(. I saw you this time chose a turk team to play with. How did this come and you had any other offers?

Yes I had some other offers, mostly from Italian teams or random ones. About this turkish team idk, Dogan (my manager) told me a team wanted me and I signed the contract. He also got me a good salary so I think that it has been a good choice.

Haha at least the salary is good! It looks like Dogan can be the next Mino Raiola! But as HCL expert, can you say who will be our new champion soon?

Uhmmmm I'm not quite sure about the teams that are in, but I guess Stiff Wind and Chimera have good chances?! I don't really know :(. I don't follow haxball as much as before.

Fuck me neither :D. Can you also say us how your national career with Italy went? I just know you retired nowadays...

Hahahahah well I never liked to play with national team much mostly because everyone there hates each other and then magically when there's nations cup they become best friends for life. I only played ESL CC 2014 where we lost to Turkey and ESL CC 2015 where we lost to... Turkey :). After that I haven't played anymore because I'd rather play with people I really enjoy playing with.

Well, it is understandable and for sure not a bad reason! It looks like a comeback is kinda impossible, or? Because of course in such big tournaments all the best players should play (in my opinion).

Hahaha no I don't really think it's possible, sorry! I like way more to play with who I decide.

Toooo bad, but last word is ofc not spoken until the comeback ! If I am not wrong you also don’t play any more in italian leagues. Has it the same reason as with Italy?

Uhmmm I never really liked playing there,. Last time I played a season seriously and as gk has been in 2014 with my ex team Odd Future! I respect Thiago and other admins because he does a good job in my opinion, but for me it's really wasted. Nowadays there's nothing there, the competition is at the lowest and the average age is around 13.

Haha ok understood :D. What were your greatest haxball matches you don’t forget?

I remember: the already mentioned YeS AllStars - Los Santos final
another YeS AllStars - Los Santos, this time in league. One of the best matches I ever played (result 3-2) -> http://fm-haxball.co.uk/index.php?page=fixture&id=1623
AL - ITA 3-0 I had a very good match as well
aaand then idk, all others have already been mentioned... HCL final vs aod, 2-0 against kranjcar clinical etc, 5-0 vs dexter.

It surprised me a bit that you didn't also say the possible greatest comeback of Haxballs history when you equalised a 0-4 to 4-4 in 1-2 minutes or something and then won in overtime vs Cardinals
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4vfT1qbQiE[/youtube]

Aaaaah I forgot about that! Mostly because it was a Pre-Season cup final and I don't really count it as an official match.

No problem luckily I remembered it :). So in Feed Me you only stayed with YeS AllStars for more than a season. Do you remember and can say why it didn’t work longer with other teams like SeedStitch, The Real Rock'N'Rolla, Mighty Ducks, youRat and TurnUpTurnips?

Uhmmm before I played with YeS AllStars I didn't really consider FM as my main league, so I joined random teams. I mostly had my focus on Your-Esports at the times! But from what I remember... All the first 3 I wasn't really active, I must have played maximum 5 matches counting all them 3 together (including a nice cup final lost with RnR, just to add it to the finals lost award). youRat was Ron's team, I didn't really know him at the times and I remember he contacted me asking if I could help his team getting promoted to 1st div (It was the end of the season); and so I did). TuT was a really nice team I joined after I left YeS AllStars, mostly because I didn't want to meet YeS in div1 and also because I made a promise to Herna time before. I had fun there but things weren't working anymore and I had also lost a bit of will to play hax.

Let’s come finally to the present time! Less weeks ago Chro hired you as 3rd goalkeeper behind Essence. and Zerothree03, who while time was replaced for the talented romanian newcommer perseu. What is your role in Fatamorgana and how it came to the a bit surprising signing?

Hahahaha he just needed a player for a match and since we're friends I thought I would make him this favour. In the end I didn't even play so gg. I'm not really a player, I just play if Chro really needs it and if I want to.

Haha ok, so I guess any more questions about Fatamorgana are wasting of time only... Lets speculate a bit that Dogan would give you the opportunity to give you manager rights for one day. Would you sign or cut some players for currently your only real team YeS AllStars now or you completely trust manager Dogan?

Being one of the founders of the team I always had the last word on a player with Fritz etc. so all the players you see it's because it's also who I wanted to sign or cut!
The only player I would probably steal from other teams is aguero10, for the rest it's ok like this.

Hopefully he is hearing your wishes! Do you have any more aims in Haxball what you want to achieve, maybe winning the Haxball Champions League final or a nations cup tournament?

At the moment I really don't have any, I like the situation I am in at the moment. I just play when I feel like it and whenever I feel like it and that's the best!

I thought so, as I have kinda similar situation. Over the years you played in many many teams and so I can guess also with most relevant haxball players. With which you like/liked it the most to play?

I'll do it role by role:
DM: Fritz, CRonaldo, Isco.
All 3 are pretty much similar players and I found out it's where I find myself better as they give more space to the gk.
AM: Tortogol, iNoob, Stingox and basically all the YeS AllStars AMs: Chro, DrG, Yawn etc.
ST: Razmo, Schnuppel, Dark

And what is your top starting 4 line-up? (when you don’t choose yourself create 2, and on 3def ofc)

I can't really decide but it would be a mix of the players I already mentioned! Another player I really like other than aguero10 that I've already mentioned as well is Linas, but I'm pretty sure I already have a DM...

Much thanks for this big ultra nice interview amigo! Last words I give to you. You can add things or give shoutouts to anyone who you want! Feel free :).

stfu dogan. hi renato!

Barca

News Articles: 4

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: FMI: Episode 8 (feat. Caccapupù)

Postby Caccapupu » July 10th, 2017, 5:17 pm

wow :study:

Caccapupu

News Articles: 0

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby CMPUNK » July 10th, 2017, 10:35 pm

Whens my interview??????

Hamas's strategy is resistance and survival. As long as they survive, this is a victory.

CMPUNK

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Barca » July 22nd, 2017, 3:53 pm

thanks guys for sick feedback!

Barca

News Articles: 4

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby hyo1 » July 22nd, 2017, 9:45 pm

Is this Caccapupu or Gianluigi Buffon ?