Season 25 1st Division Preview

Season 25 1st Division Preview

Postby Pedy » May 12th, 2019, 1:48 pm

Note that all predictions are based on subjective opinion that is not intented to insult or slander any team or player.
Having said that let's get started. Also note that this only covers the first half of the teams - Second half of teams will be written tomorrow.

Welcome to my Season 25 Previews of the 1st division of the FM Haxball League.
Before we start here is an overview of what I'll be going through:
- I will write a short piece regarding the status of each of the 12 teams in the 1st division
- I will then proceed to give a brief tactical overview of how they will set-up
- Lastly I will give my personal prediction on where these teams will stand when the season finishes, by indicating a tier rating as following (Upper - Middle - Lower)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(1) Blue Panthers:
Blue Panthers saw themselves finish 9th out of 12th in the previous season, and whilst this may seem bad, it is made even worse considering that 2 of the bottom placed teams were disbanded. Despite the poor finish I do believe that Blue panthers has some quality players, namely Pero Que and new signing Gado. They are still a team who could show some surprises like when they beat Angry bulls.

Tactically, I think this team will look to play it simple - Their best bet comming with chances through counter attacks or when there is spaces they can exploit, as I do not believe they are likely to penetrate a good defence because their speed of play is not at the level of the top teams. (LOWER TIER)

(2) Bronze4Life:
This is an interesting team that is comming straight from the second division having finished second last season. Initially this team looked like strong favorites to win the league last season, but were overshadowed by H2K. On paper they looked like the strongest team in the division but there has recently been some changes and it looks like their starting 4 is going to change. I believe that this team is a strong team that can provide good competition to its opponents, but I do not believe it can compete with the big guns.

Tactically, with experienced key players such as muris9 and SK1NNY I do believe they can penetrate defences with their passing play. They will probably look to create the very standard triangle formation in the offensive and look to pick apart teams when they do manage to have the ball. (MIDDLE TIER)

(3) Excellents:
Another team who performed poorly in the previous season, finishing just above Blue Panthers as 8th place due to goal difference. Having said that they still conceeded more goals than they scored, and like Blue panthers, the challenge for Excellents will be to try to conceede less goals while also providing an attacking threat. This all-polish side will have to rely on it's more experience players to get the neccesary results, like when they beat TPP 2-0.

Tactically, I think that they will rely on more of a defensive approach while looking up to La Sombra for the creativity in attack. Similarily i believe they will go for a triangle formation in attack with the goalkeeper not being too fussed with helping out. (LOWER TIER)

(4) FEAR:
A suprising addition to this seasons 1st division as FEAR were in the relegation zone and thought to be returning to the 2nd division. However due to a vast majority of teams in the 1st division disbanding, FEAR will continue their stay. However a wide variety of changes need to occur if the team will have any hope of remaining their this season, following a string of poor results and only 3 games won - The lowest out of all teams (even the disbanded ones). They will look for the experience of aMp to help them get some results but realistically i don't see how they can compete with most of the teams in div 1.

Tactically they will probably take some risks in defence which they have shown they are willing to do, and then try to take the few chances that they have. They might be able to surprise a team or two if they can do defend well and score on their opportunities. (LOWER TIER)

(5) Guns N' Moses:
An all-star packed team with quality players throughout the squad, Guns N' Moses will hope to improve their 3rd placed standing from last season, which although is impressive, might not be what they would have been hoping for with the quality in the team, being beaten to 1st and 2nd place by Seeders and ArchNemesis respectively. P4ER returns to the team, and with the help of Vak, SAKY and Meyer they will look to claim the title they are longing for. I do however believe there are a couple of teams this season that will really give GnM a run for their money.

Tactically they will try to involve the goalkeeper in their attacks, but not with intention of making risky plays, but rather when the opportunity is there. They will then try to penetrate defenses with fast intriquite passing combinations. (UPPER TIER)

(6) H2K
What can be said about H2K? Well one thing is they defied most people's expectations by winning the 2nd division. This team has enjoyed a brilliant spell after being rejected entrance to the league multiple times. Key player FEAR has however left the team and this could be a big loss to H2K. Another thing to consider, is the quality of the 1st division is vastly superior to what H2K has faced in the past, and this could have a big impact on how the team will perform.

Tactically they have a strong goalkeeper in Rizolli who will be hoping to make some cleansheets, and with the aid of Lozano, they will try to enforce their own combination play versus their opponents but might end up having to defend most of the time. (MIDDLE TIER)

Pedy

News Articles: 0

Re: Season 25 1st Division Preview

Postby Pedy » May 13th, 2019, 12:13 pm

(7) INSANITY
INSANITY surprised allot of people by finishing in 4th place last season - I think it is safe to say not many people expected this. The big question is if they can improve on their form and i think the answer is YES. With new signings Taziek and Enyalios, INSANITY has improved their line up on paper, and with the Portuguese can boast of having potentially the future best player on their hands. Key striker KROL will also no doubt continue with his huge role in the team.

Tactically they will try to play on a square formation with fast combination play. I predict they will score allot of their goals by just their sheer speed of play. (UPPER TIER)

(8) Pablo Haxobar
Another suprising edition to the 1st division, Pablo Haxobar did well to finish fourth in the 2nd division after a poor start. This team may not have the flashiest players but they are all relatively experienced, with new signing iks joining the list of these veterans whilst Socrates and Hannes need no introduction. Pablo Haxobar is one of the longest standing teams in FM and are looking to show a good performance in this season.

Tactically they are more of a defensive team in contrast to most of the other teams in this list, however if they don't concede they have a real chance of taking some points from the top dogs. Having said this, I do believe that the sheer quality between the best teams and Pablo haxobar is too far for them to have a real impant in this division. (LOWER TIER)

(9) Seeders
Seeders, Seeders and Seeders. The team we hear the most about and rightfully so having won the league in style with only 2 defeats. That is not hard to believe when you have the current best player in my opinion Isco, who is rallying both the attack and defence, and with the addition of star players Marble and Yannex. The challenge for seeders is the fact that every team will be looking to improve, but having shown such solid performances, is it really possible to improve? My guess is yes but they will have to adapt with a different line-up with aguero10 no longer their anymore.

Tactically Seeders are an attacking team who like to play it as simple as possible which might seem like a criticism but that couldn't be more wrong, as they are deadly effective at it. One thing which all teams can take note of is how Seeders press the ball when they are at the opponents half. All 3 players in attack rush forward making it almost impossible for the opposing dm to clear the ball. (UPPER TIER)

(10) Slappers
Slappers are an interesting team because the base of their team consists of the same base of previous team Gladiators. Key players are Baffo and Gio, who will spear head most of the attacking play of the team. They will look to repeat some of the amazing results of last season, for example the 2-1 victory versus Seeders. In short, Slappers are a solid team that has a good chance of taking some points away from the best teams but I do think similair to some of the other teams on the list, they fall short of being a part of that very small tier of the best.

Tactically they will try to pass the ball around in a standard triangle formation with the hopes of corner trickery from Paranoia aka Owned. The challenge for Slappers will be if they will get frustrated when they don't have the ball, which they should expect at least in parts of the match versus good opponents. (MIDDLE TIER)

(11) Trailer Park Penguins:
Trailer Park Penguins are a strong team that managed to reach the 5th position in last seasons division 1. Their core consisted of Nocke, wrozbita and Necro, and although this core will most likely not change this season, the last player in the piece of the puzzle has changed, with new signing ins looking to make his mark. The big question is if this team can improve on their last seasons performance and although i am hesitant to anwser to that, there is no doubt that all of the players in the team have star quality.

Tactically one of the surprising things about TPP is the fact that they play quite fast, and that they can create good opportunities with their passing play. Time will tell if what they perform this season will be better then that of last season. (UPPER TIER)

(12) White Walkers:
Last but not least, we have White Walkers, who happen to be my former team. This squad consists mostly of Israeli players, with rising star Nightmare being the only foreigner in the team. White Walkers surprised most people when they finished 3rd in last seasons division 2, but the line-up will be slightly different come this season and they will have to adapt. This team has a solid foundation and and can certainly provide some upsets, but I do believe they are quite a distance away from the very best.

Tactically, nightmare will try to be very involved in the opposing half, pressing high up and being very threatening - On the other hand they need to be weary not to concede on the other end. (MIDDLE TIER)

Pedy

News Articles: 0

Return to Previews & Reviews