Matchday 1 Preview- Division 2

Matchday 1 Preview- Division 2

Postby Swift » March 29th, 2015, 5:33 pm

Here we are, for the start of FM Season 12 and it promises to be a very tight contest in Division 2. With only Division 2 being played today and with some very interesting matches, it sure looks like an exciting matchday! Lets start with the streamed match:

Memento Mori vs FATALITY![
Image Image

Memento Mori may have only just joined the league but they have plenty of experience in other leagues such as Haxtrick and the Lithuanian league where they finished 3rd last season. They will prove strong opponents, considering their recent form in the Lithuanina league where they jumped from 6th to 3rd in the second leg of the season. Mantas is a solid gk with a lot of experience under his belt, having played in teams like Pallohonka in the past. But they have an obvious standout player in Adekyz, who won the HCL with Pas De Nom in the last edition and will spearhead the attack looking to give the FATALITY defence a lot of trouble. However the other players have limited experience and could fall under the pressure, especially on stream!

FATALITY!, long time servers of the FM league and have been struck by a bit of inactivity lately. The consistency of their defence lead them to Division 1 last season, but instantly relegated after a poor season, wiht not enough goals and too many conceded. Their final matchday loss to MD 7-1 was their season in a nut shell, but will want to get back to winning ways this season. KalaJaN has made some interesting signings in Carvajal, moot, Hannibal, Smurf and cuadrado all coming in to try to spice up the attacking flair. Smurf is a veteran of the game but hasn't shown up in recent weeks while moot and Hannibal have been playing together for a long time now and will give KalaJan a selection headache. iNSZ, a very solid gk in my eyes, who can save shots all the time and in big situations will be integral in this game and in the rest of the season while upfront it still looks bleak with only the inexperienced Progamer coming in to try add some goals to their game...

Hopefully we will see a very interesting game here between these two sides and GL to both!

Probable lineups
MM:
Mantas-Health-JsT-Adekyz
Mantas-Health-Omni-Adekyz
FATA:
iNSZ-KalaJaN-cuadrado-Deco
iNSZ-KalaJaN-cuadrado-Deco

My prediction
MM 2-0 FATALITY!

btw I love ur logo MM <3 :D

ANDALÉ! vs Flame Hawks[

Image Image

2 new teams that have come into the fray! ANDALE have been dubbed the new Arriba! while Flame Hawks are continuing their team from Haxtrick into FM.

ANDALE! look a strong side in defence and attack with socrates and Lloyd Banks looking to form a strong partnership upfront and ogre playing in DM, which looks like a tactical decision from Banks. Booba looks like an excellent addition to the squad with a lot of experience in GK and ogre who is also another standout player. At the moment a lot of the other players look inactive such as jonny, Lee and Patrick Ebert although this could change. The recent addition of R2-D2 is also a good signing by Banks but has been hampered by inactivity recently and will surely be too rusty to be played today. This team will want to be contending for promotion this season with an array of talent throughout the squad, but Lumi might stop them from achieving this :( (joke babe ;))

Flame Hawks led by , the controversial at times, Hulk. The team is massively revamped from the previously named HC Pizza with the core of the team being italian. EdinsonCavani is a very experienced gk and has been likened to Caccapupu in recent times so he should bring a solidity about the team, but his willingness for FM has been questioned. Naser is probably going to start vs ANDALE! although the inconsistent Yobo may fill in. Hulk, who infamously scored 7 owngoals last season, will hope to inspire his team in attack with a front 3 of Hulk-Vakoj-DI NATALE looking to score a fair few against a strong defence. The attitudes of some of these players has been questioned in the past and hopfully thats all behind them and are looking to play a fair game!

GL to both teams!

Probable lineups
AN!:
Booba-ogre-socrates-Lloyd Banks
mlfaijati-ogre-socrates-Lloyd Banks
FH:
Yobo-Hulk-Vakoj-DI NATALE
Yobo-Hulk-Vakoj-DI NATALE

My prediction
AN! 1-0 FH

Inglorious Turtles vs Godfathers[

Image Image
This looks a very interesting encounter with iT having a completely revamped team from last season while Godfathers look like having a strong team in all positions. Frank has assembled an array of talent from different countries and rumours say that he might be signing Frame for DM as well as Pedy for AM. Frank, although his ping is really unpredictable, can be a wall with good ping and will also be enforced with saviola for GK too. Koke, who had a great game vs Pas De Nom in the HCL recently, will want to build on that performance today and get his debut in FM vs iT and grab a goal or two. Driehoek is the strongest DM in my opinion in the team and will be integral to the success of the team as he will be the one stringing the passes together and creating chances. Jappo is seen to be a bit inconsistent and will need to up his game to help GF have a decent season. Another standout player, Poels, who is a very consisent player and can play any position, he will be vital to maintain a good position.

Inglourious Turtles, managed by StringerBell, have a decent squad with active players. Blazing, a long time haxballer, is the primary GK for them and will hope not to remember his days at Vatreni where he was abused by Ron, which lead to some poor performances. Arango, relatively unknown in this league, will want to place his stamp on the league with a good performance on his debut in FM as well as diehard who has made an exciting return to iT. Tsubasa is looking increasingly likely to lead the line in attack having left Vatreni recently from which I understand as a fallout between Ron and Tsubasa. If the players put their past troubles behind them and have a good game they are more than capable of getting something out of this. Also, Varela is rumoured to be joining iT!

GL to both teams!

Probable lineups
iT:
Blazing-Arango-diehard-Tsubasa
Blazing-diehard-Arango-Tsubasa
GF:
saviola-Jappo-Poels-Koke
saviola-Jappo-Poels-Koke

My prediction
iT 2-2 GF

Sons of Pitches vs Ajhax [

Image Image

This match promises to bring a lot of goals as well as quality throughout the match. SoP have had a little trouble with TotalPlayer suddenly making the rash decision to leave Haxball (:() so Blizaaard has been appointed captain and has signed some players from other leagues. I dont really have much to say on the new players since I don't even know them, but what I can say is that I think Gervinho and Blizaaard will form a strong partnership upfront and should yield quite a few goals. This team remains to be unknown in terms of how they will do, and I should get a better estimation after todays matchday!

Ajhax. Relegated from Divsion 1 last season and have signed Swift and hidden_is_back and made way for cifteli and Rami who have both left for IKEA coincidentally. Ajhax will be looking to make a better impression than they did last season where they only won one game and lost the rest in a very poor season. However, as far as I can see, the mood around the team is good and the team is gelling well together. There are a few transfer rumours buzzing around the Ajhax team as well as Jds wants to sign 2 more players to the team apparently. The player that they will look to for goals will be none other than Swift ( :D ), who scored 8 goals last season in Division 1 for RnR and has been on spectacular form in other leagues claiming top scorer in haxleague and 2nd top in haxtrick. He will come up against his teammate Blizaaard who is also on great form! Der Twigg has improved a lot recently and will be the surprise package in DM while hidden_is_back will be looking to make his mark in FM.

GL to both teams!

Probable lineups
AJ:
hidden-Der Twigg-Swift-spag
SoP:
Redealious-Rp-Shooter-Blizaaard
Redealious-Rp-Gervinho17-Blizaaard

My prediction
SoP 1-4 AJ

YeS AllStars vs Meh Squirrel[

Image Image

The giants vs the underdogs. YeS AllStars really do have an AllStar team with the likes of Fritz, Rooney1878, Caccapupu, Isco not to mention the other players. The strength and depth of the team will take them far but the shock defeat in the Cup to Memento Mori may have halted them in their tracks just a bit. Complacency is the one thing that will stop you from achieving in a league as prostigious as FM and YeS AllStars are no exception. The sheer firepower upfront will make it very hard for Meh Squirrel to contain them and it looks to be a one-sided affair. Fritz will look to lead his team to the first victory of the season and will surely have to struggle for who to start!

Meh Squirrel are much against the odds here, but can most definitely pull off a major shock just like Memento Mori did in the Cup. Jovetic, who was previously called Nana8, will want to put on a strong defence for this match and hit YeS on the counter just like MM did. Most of their team are just transitioning from the pub to leagues which could work against them in terms of experience. frez has never really shown his class and he can do so this season if he maintains a consistency while Ahmed has looked good in DM recently. Diesel is a solid player who can defend and attack but needs to step it up in a game of this magnitude!

GL to both teams!

Probable lineups
YeS:
Caccapupu-Fritz-royal-Rooney1878
Caccapupu-Isco-royal-Rooney1878
MS:
frez-Ahmed-Diesel-Gomezzzz
frez-Ahmed-Dale-Jovetic

My prediction
YeS 4-0 MS

There it is! GL to all teams today, hope we have a great first day of the season! <3

Swift

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Matchday 1 Preview- Division 2

Postby aeRo » April 2nd, 2015, 10:15 am

bump4day2

aeRo
Elder of da Realm

Postby Swift » April 2nd, 2015, 12:58 pm

doin it now m8

Swift

Postby Swift » April 2nd, 2015, 2:39 pm

Both previews for matchday 2 will be out at about 7:00 GMT

Swift

Postby Fritz » April 2nd, 2015, 2:49 pm

and the reviews at 9:00 GMT pls

Fritz

Division 2 Winner: Season 4
Cup Winner: Season 4

Postby Twigg » April 2nd, 2015, 4:05 pm

And some post match interviews :)

Twigg

Postby Swift » April 2nd, 2015, 5:37 pm

Fritz wrote:and the reviews at 9:00 GMT pls

too much work sorry :D

Swift

Postby Swift » April 2nd, 2015, 5:38 pm

Twigg wrote:And some post match interviews :)

i'll do that maybe on MD3 :)

Swift

Return to Previews & Reviews