Matchday 1 Preview l Division 1

Matchday 1 Preview l Division 1

Postby Swift » November 15th, 2014, 11:24 pm

Matchday 1 Image

Okkkk, so here we are with the 1st matchday of Division 1! This should be a very exciting season, especially with the abundance of talent that is on offer.

Division 1 is expected to be an enthralling encounter. With Ajhax and FATALITY! being promoted from Division 2 after a lot of debate regarding the promotion of these 2 clubs, this is set to be a close race for the title. ACDP, the current champions, are looking to win 2 titles on the bounce as they have demonstrated with their latest signings. RnR have been renamed to a rather speculative name in 'Comedy Club' ; whether this will improve performance or not, we shall see. There is a lot of talent in each of these clubs and it should be a thrilling season ahead of us. Lets get underway with the previews then!

This seasons teams for Division 1 will be:
ACDP
Ajhax
Comedy Club
FATALITY!
IKEA Deutschland
Mighty Ducks
Pablo Haxobar
QuickSwans

Again, this will be a mix of a season preview and a matchday preview due to it being the first matchday :)

Top Match

ACDP Image vs Mighty Ducks Image

These two will surely be vying for the title, especially ACDP who won it last time round. ACDP look a lot stronger this season, despite already being a force last season, with the signings of Isco, YaaDon and Dark. These 3, if kept active, will surely be a major threat to any opponent as the have proved in other leagues and the Nations Cup. Dark impressed hugely in the final vs Turkey in the last NC, scoring 2 goals to help Portugal lift the trophy with an emphatic 5-0 win. Maddude, the captain, will want to replicate his excellent form last season that helped him bag the top assister and cement his place as one of UK's best players. ACDP look even stronger than last season and will be a force against any team in this division, so they must be the favourites to lift the trophy once again. They will want to get off to a winning start against a strong Mighty Ducks.

Mighty Ducks will also field a very strong team this season, boasting a host of talented players from YeS. Although their team could suffer from inactivity issues, with a few of their players seeming to have not been seen on teamspeak for a while, there is a depth within their squad that will get them through. Caccapupu will be hoping to minimise the defensive damage between the sticks with his wealth of experience, while players like Craig and Derrick Rose will want to get on the scoring charts this season, as long as they are active enough. Jenzo who is also a good player will want to lead his team to maybe the title but I am sure he won't be distraught at finishing in the top 3 due to the wealth of competition this season. They have a very tough start against a seemingly stacked ACDP, but if Jenzo plays his cards right then he could get a result from this fixture. With Jai seeming to be a bit inactive recently, there could be a defensive 'crisis' in the ACDP ranks due to him being the only natural GK in their team. aeRo can GK also, but I'm sure MD will pick up on this and try to hurt ACDP with their striking talents. This is setup to be a fascinating game with goals written all over it!

Prediction
ACDP 2-1 Mighty Ducks
This will be a tense game but I think something special will have to separate these two teams but it could go either way tbh! GL

Comedy Club Image vs FATALITY! Image

FATALITY! have been promoted from Division 2, but will find it tough in new territory. Comedy Club have been renamed from RnR due to SebastiAn having a bust up with Renbeaudach over it! This hasn't seemed to have affected the team morale, but I'm sure (as i'm in the team) the performances won't slip.

Comedy Club have a talented team this season with new signings Swift, Dalone and pata looking to prove their worth in this league. pata, former Hellhounds player, is expected to provide defensive support for this team as they look to mount a top 3 finish. Swift will want to score as many goals as he can to help this team win games, as he has done in 3v3 in the past. Dalone, an excellent player, is a good addition to the squad and is expected to play DM in a strong looking side. Renbeaudach will look to lead his team to a win against underdogs FATALITY!, who many have tipped to be relegated this season even before the season has begun! mlfaijati may be missed, but Ren has been smart and signed Dalone to accompany wrozbita that more than replaces the departure of mlfaijati to ACDP. Swift and Mata are both proven goalscorers and will definitely help CC to win games this season. Their first game against a promoted side shouldn't make them complacent because that always brings its problems, especially against such a dogged defence.

FATALITY! won't be in for an easy ride this season despite hosting a very strong defence with decent enough attacking options. Due to the sheer abundance of talent in the other teams, it will take a lot of effort to get points under their belts. KalaJan is a good player with excellent captain strategies that help him win games, so he will hope this will come in use this season. They will obviously need to be at their best against a strong CC side, and players like qwedsa288 and cyk need to step up and show what their made of. A player that will sorely be missed is ImpeCable, who is a good player for them but has gone inactive due to commitments elsewhere. Although it's not a disaster, it will surely leave a small dent in their hopes, and thats where their mental attitudes come in. They need to hold a tight compact shape tomorrow and not allow any of CC's dangerous players to get a sight of goal, otherwise they will be in trouble for the rest of the match. That isn't to say they will be camped in their half the whole game, with counter-attacks becoming more of a trend in the modern haxball games. This will be a tense affair as it is the first matchday, but I hope this won't reduce the number of goals and chances that will pop up! FATALITY! have never beaten this team, could this be their first?

Prediction

Comedy Club 3-1 FATALITY!
FATALITY! won't give CC an easy time in scoring, but I think they will eventually break down and a few goals will put down a strong FATALITY! side. However, an upset is always on the cards as we know from previous seasons! Especially as it's the first matchday...
GL

Pablo Haxobar Image vs Ajhax Image

This is an interesting matchup, again with a newly promoted side against a longstanding division 1 team. Pablo Haxobar have enjoyed their achievements in Division 1, having been champions 2 seasons ago and finished in high positions consistently. Having finished 2nd last season to the formidable ACDP they will be looking to challenge for the title once more and kick off their season with a win. Ajhax, who have been waiting for this for a long time, have been promoted to Division 1 for the first time in 5 seasons. They will need to be at their best to nullify the threat that PH possess.

Pablo Haxobar have a relatively unchanged lineup to what they had last season. The usual standout players huub and Hawk remain to help them through the season, with MrP at the helm. Their lineup boasts a strong array of talent with Hawk looking to replicate his scintillating form last season where he managed to bag 15 goals and also huub who nearly claimed top assister with 6 assists. These two will be instrumental in guiding this team to a top 2 finish, as well as Hannes and Formiga to guard their own goal when needed. The talent that spreads throughout the backbone of the team is brilliant and will certainly give ACDP a scare when it comes to challenging for the title. Maybe the defence is what will separate this team from the rest as they certainly have a strong one. Ajhax will be in for a hard game tomorrow night against such a strong team.

Ajhax, finally back in Division 1 after 5 seasons away from it, will be looking to stay here for good this time. However, a lot of changes have been happening within the club with lots of ins and outs since the promotion. Notable signings have been oln, former PH player, kolkas and SuarezN7. oln has already shown he is a great player in PH and will want to make a mark against his old club. We'll see if he runs off celebrating or holds his hands up... The other 2 signings are relatively unknown in FM and will want to have a decent first season. There are a few issues surrounding the team, mainly activity with lots of their players not being active enough. Aaron is currently their only GK and he's very inactive at the moment, which is a worry for them. Jiminy Cricket is an important player and is the one to look for for inspiration when things are going dull, while Logitech needs to score a few goals to help them achieve a good finish. The first game looks very daunting and it will take a massive effort to get a result from it!

Prediction

PH 4-1 Ajhax
Ajhax will put up a resilient fight but I think the sheer talent that PH possess will be too much to take, especially with the GK problems they are having. GL

QuickSwans vs IKEA Deutschland has been wildcarded so I'll update this tomorrow as I'm kinda tired :) I'll put my prediction anyway

Prediction

QS 2-1 IKEA
Newly promoted side Quickswans were incredible last season having been unbeaten the whole season, and will put up a good fight against IKEA. IKEA could nick a draw, but QS's attack is strong and might prove too much. GL

Well, thanks for reading guys :) Sorry it was late, I was having trouble with the FM site. Division 2 will be up tomorrow, hopefully by noon!

GL to all teams!
Swift

Swift

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Matchday 1 Preview l Division 1

Postby Ron » February 2nd, 2015, 11:37 am

Gj Swift, enjoy to read :P

Ron

Re: Matchday 1 Preview l Division 1

Postby Pain » April 2nd, 2015, 3:32 pm

Ron, you are half a year late, this is for 11th