Matchday 1 Preview l Division 2

Matchday 1 Preview l Division 2

Postby Swift » November 12th, 2014, 8:39 pm

Matchday 1 Image

Hi, this will be a mix of a matchday preview and a division 2 preview as its the first match day :)
Enjoy! :D

Entering the 11th season of FM division 2 could be an interesting encounter. With new teams coming in and a lot of goals being scored in the playoffs between these teams, we could be in for a great season! After Quickswans' domination of division 2 last season, can another team replicate their achievements or will it be a tight battle throughout the season?

This season's teams for division 2 are:
Aston Birra
Elite69
HC Pizza
Hellraisers
International-Fighters
Reading Royals
Sons of Pitches
Super Kickers 2015
TurnUp Turnips
Vatreni

Lets start with the match previews then! :)

Top Match

Hellraisers Image vs Aston Birra Image

This match looks to be a tense battle as both teams have talented players who can make the difference and get their team off to a good start this season. Both teams are new to the league but their players are certainly familiar with this league. After jalapeno controversially left Quickswans to join Hellraisers he is surely looking to replicate his excellent goalscoring form last season that saw him bag the top scorer of division 2 while being a crucial player towards Quickswans' promotion. Captained by Mamba, former player of Seedstitch, their attack looks to be a force and will surely bag loads of goals throughout the season. However, Aston Birra could cause them a few problems due to the lack of defensive options for Hellraisers. Goals could leak in this team but maybe i'm wrong and they could be a chelsea-style team! Aston Birra have talented players of their own with GBale leading the attack and kekko looking to hold their defence tight. Both players are proven to be a menace towards the opposition with GBale hoping to rival jalapeno in the goalscoring charts. MrSylosis is expected to start for them in GK and he will be hoping to keep out Hellraisers formidable attack. If Aston Birra can hit them on the counter then they have a great chance of maybe getting 3 points out of this match. Overall, it looks like it's going to be a heated contest between these two.

Prediction:

Hellraisers 3-1 Aston Birra
Hellraisers just look a bit too strong on paper but I could be proved wrong! Aston Birra have a solid squad but maybe need a bit more depth if players arent performing well. GL

Elite69 Image vs International-Fighters Image

Elite69 are a new team with not much depth in their squad but certainly dont lack in quality. Captained by the experienced danny111 they will be looking to upset I-F who have been in this league since Season 8. They have the likes of doupi who can score goals but also assist others if needed be. An underrated player who maybe isnt talked about as much is LUKYNO, who will be looking to prove a few critics wrong by putting in some decent performances this season. Although this side looks like a mean defence and not much goals in them, I'm sure they will find a winning formula that could help them achieve a high finish in the table. Regarding the match, I-F have obviously got the likes of d'Flo, their captain, and the very talented MaGe but will be without their main goalscorer Alpha who has left to find a new career in another team. Time will tell if this will have an impact on the number of goals they score. Again, I-F look to have a very good defence and will be looking to minimise the number of goals that go into their own net, but will try to score down the other end too. Nevertheless, their goalscorer Alpha will be a miss and it will be very interesting to see who will step up and score the goals that will obviously win them matches. Both teams will be mean in defence with a counter attack strategy I would have thought or maybe one of these teams will spring a surprise and act very attacking as to startle the opposition.

Prediction

Elite69 1-1 I-F
A lack of goals won't make this interesting match dull but both teams won't be distraught if they come away with a point. Hopefully there will be more goals but I don't see it in my opinion. GL

Sons of Pitches Image vs Super Kickers 2015 Image

Sons of Pitches, after much speculation about the future of the team, have decided to stay another season in FM with a backbone of international players. Communication could be a big problem in this team as players range in nationalaties. After 3 mediocre seasons in the 2nd division can they get their act together and start producing results? With the captain Draxler leading the team, the rest of the team has relatively unknown players. The turks could provide a surprise seeing how experienced they are but also the portugese players could have a trick or two that could surprise a few teams. Playing a new outfit in Super Kickers 2015 who have a talented team with Nagato leading the line. Lithuanian international Feint has experience in this league and will need to step up his game to help this team through a tough season that lies ahead of them. Alpha, former player of I-F, also has experience that can help the other players to perform and will need to score goals. This match could prove to be a fierce battle but I expect a few goals due to the lack of defensive cover in both teams. Chemistry will clearly play a major part here because both teams seem to have mashed a few players together and created a team which could prove costly in their promotion bids. Feint and Alpha will need to give the SoP defence a hard time to get anything out of the game, while Draxler can't just sit on the bench, he needs to get involved to lift his team when in need. Both have players that can punish, we'll have to see whether they will perform.

Prediction

SoP 2-4 SK 2015
SoP will hopefully put up a vailant fight to nick a few goals but I think this Super Kickers outfit will prove too strong although their defence could be a big problem in closing out games that should already have been won. GL

Reading RoyalsImage vs TurnupTurnips Image

RRs have had a topsy turvy life in FM. After lots of captaincy changes and speculation on different players leaving, Poels has taken the helm and restructured the team completely. Lots of changes have lead to a solid team that could be capable of challenging for promotion. Having captained Poels myself in Galaxy, he is a great player and is very versatile in how he plays. This team can prove a nuisance for all the teams in the league, but defensively dont look as great as they can be. Poels needs to captain his team through this in a mature manner if he wants success. viv (fr1sky) is a solid striker with the capability to score goals in this division as he has shown in his 3v3 career. Also Jappo needs to pull the strings when things are going rough as he has done before in his YeS career. They face a determined and probably the most 'tight' group in the division in TuT who always put in a spirited performance. With Herna leading this team, he is a good haxball player as well which will help this team put in a better performance than they did last season where they only managed a disappointing 6 points in 14 games. They will face a solid RR side and it should be an interesting matchup. Herna and Spike should bag a goal or 2, while the goalscorer in RR is yet to be seen as they have had their ins and outs within their team.

Prediction

RRs 3-2 TuT
This will be a very close matchup with the chemistry in the TuT team clearly going to help them get far. However, I think the quality that RR possess, although TuT have talented players themselves, might just win them the match. A draw wouldn't surprise me, but there definitely will be goals. GL

Vatreni Image vs HC Pizza Image

This is an interesting matchup between a new team to the league and a longstanding one. Vatreni are in some ways similar to SoP in that they have a variety of players from different countries including Portugal and Poland; like SoP. cebson is a very good player and someone who will need to play to the very best of his ability to help his team through this. Blazing has been here for god knows how long and is now back in FM to help Vatreni in the GK department. He may be a bit rusty due to the lack of playtime but he must be on the top of his game to stop a HC Pizza side who look strong this season. Juan Mata has experience in many leagues, mainly the Portugese league and YeS so he will be an important player and should grab a few goals and assists to help the team. Ron, the captain, will be looking to cause an upset on his first game in charge, but HC Pizza will certainly be no pushover. ATuntija had a terrific season where he scored around 18 goals in a season to help HC Pizza to grab promotion, but were then relegated again back to Division 2. They will be looking to avenge that and try to promote which is obviously their main goal. Rodwell is a great player and will need to score a few goals this season to help them achieve such a feat. Yobo is certainly a weak point in this side and will need to improve loads if he wants to even have a look in to the side. ATuntija will defiently be the one to look for goals to and he will need to support his team if they want to promote this season. They face a new side so they wont know what will be expected, but they do know that they will have to play very well to get 3 points out of this as Vatreni will be looking to make their mark on the league. This will be a game of goals in my opinion, its just who scores more.

Prediction

Vatreni 2-4 HC Pizza
HC Pizza will need to be good defensively as well as in the attacking areas to get a result here, while Vatreni might be lacking in creativity in my opinion. Will be a good contest, hopefully it has goals written all over it! GL

This will be an entertaining matchday and GL to all players who are involved! Have a great season.

Well, thats it! :D Thanks for reading and I'll be posting the D1 preview on Saturday.

Swift

Swift

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Matchday 1 Preview l Division 2

Postby Rautovic » November 13th, 2014, 3:11 pm

now go for Div1

Rautovic

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Matchday 1 Preview l Division 2

Postby Lloyd Banks » November 13th, 2014, 3:16 pm