Read first: Prediction Script

Read first: Prediction Script

Postby saviola » January 6th, 2016, 4:14 pm

Hello,

as most will have noticed, the predictions are now processed automatically by a script. I made the script as dumb as I could afford, because making a smarter script would require more time and isn't really necessary. People make mistakes when submitting predictions, and these mistakes have to be fixed manually, which is time-consuming and unnecessary, but since there is no direct feedback, most people are not even aware of the mistakes they make. So here are some rules and mistakes to avoid:

• Always submit complete predictions. Do not remove defwin matches (or matches featuring your team) from the predictions.
  • Submit predictions as shown in the template, e.g. TeamA 3:0 TeamB. Any other notation, e.g. TeamA 3-0 TeamB, Team A : TeamB 3-0, are invalid.
  • Do not add comments on a line that contains a prediction, e.g. "TeamA 99:0 TeamB (defwin :silent:)" is invalid.
  • To change your predictions or fix mistakes yourself, simply create a new post. The script will always use the newest post you made.

The script updates predictions and points every 6 hours, the result can be seen here. If you scroll below the rankings table, you see a list of errors, if you want to make sure that your posts are valid (as stated above, you can fix these errors by creating a new, valid post in the predictions thread).

Thanks for reading. I know this thread comes a little late, but better late than never. Feel free to ask questions here or on TS if anything is unclear.

saviola

News Articles: 0

Return to Predictions