Season 6 Captain Applications

Re: Season 6 Captain Applications

Postby Usopp » February 3rd, 2013, 1:57 pm

why not have unique names for the B teams instead of 'first team name' + II at the end. it would look so much better than TI Sparta II etc

Usopp

News Articles: 0

Postby rising star » February 3rd, 2013, 2:53 pm

div2 shud be only for new teams and teams which ain't div1 quality, not junior teams :x

shud create another divison for reserve and junior teams. at dis rate it will be tis sparta, tis 2, ducks,ducks 2, sl and sl 2 in div1 soon :x

Only user to be in one team since season 1 ;)
#DEJA
rising star

Cup Runner-up: Season 2

Postby HCAFC » February 3rd, 2013, 3:03 pm

I'm getting bullied by 15 year old galaxy admins :pharaoh: Fuck it, I'm not derailing the thread any more. Agree with rising's point above

HCAFC

Postby mlfaijati » February 3rd, 2013, 3:40 pm

mlfaijati wrote:lol hc sweatin

FM record:

G.I. Joehans:
[s]Won Div 2 and Cup[/s] Got carried by Fritz.

ARRIBA!:
Got carried by jonny then disbanded the team.

NWA:
Came like 6th in Div 2B then disbanded the team.

The Real Rocknrolla:
When the going gets tough...

ACDP:
Benchride to title!

Overall:
A travesty.

mlfaijati

News Articles: 2

Position: Defensive Midfielder
Division 2 Winner: Season 4
Cup Winner: Season 4

Postby Joehan » February 3rd, 2013, 4:10 pm

well if theres 2nd teams then they shouldnt be allowed to be promoted so i dont see the point

Joehan

Division 1 Winner: Season 5
Division 2 Winner: Season 3, Season 4
Cup Winner: Season 3, Season 4

Postby mlfaijati » February 3rd, 2013, 4:12 pm

Joehan wrote:well if theres 2nd teams then they shouldnt be allowed to be promoted so i dont see the point

But then they can do what I think was mentioned above about what they do in the german league with teams being able to split off etc, like PRO 2 did with Vactos Locos or w/e.

FM record:

G.I. Joehans:

ARRIBA!:

NWA:

The Real Rocknrolla:

ACDP:
Benchride to title!

Overall:
A travesty.

mlfaijati

Postby naby » February 3rd, 2013, 5:09 pm

Yeah, basically if a teams II/2nd team is promoted then a captain should be designated and the team should split. Being a II/B/2nd team shouldn't exclude them from promotion.

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

News Articles: 10

Position: Goalkeeper
Division 2 Winner: Season 2

Postby rolex » February 3rd, 2013, 6:35 pm

yeh, lets not exclude b teams from promotion, so captains can sign yes players again and gloat about both their a and b teams being in 1st div :thumbup:

#training up uk

Spoiler: Show

rolex
Betting Mod

News Articles: 6

Postby <º)))< » February 3rd, 2013, 8:33 pm

So basically u want B teams to bring here more YeS players, and dont want a Reserve League because nobody of those YeS players would come if they have to play there.

And you say that it's the best way to develope players...

Admins, think about what do u want to do with FM league.

Teams B should be in the reserve league.

I sell my GOTS vote in exchange of pos rep. Interested, pm.

Maddude: "I feel safe when Amu goes to cover the gk. It's like a warm hug of a teddy bear. A chorizo flavoured teddy bear"

Image#HESUR4ADMINImage

ImageImage

Arctic: it's a fish momo
MoMo: its arrow
Arctic: it's fish
MoMo: i swear man
Arctic: no it's a fish
MoMo: arrow
Arctic: fish
MoMo: arrow
Arctic: fish

<16:46:27> "MoMo": fiiissshh
<º)))<

Postby naby » February 4th, 2013, 12:40 am

Rightio, gonna drop some srs logic on dis fred

We seem to be having the same old arguments about Reserve Leagues and Reserve Teams and why we should have B/II teams instead of Reserve Teams because people don't recognise the difference. So, obviously, this is my opinion on the matter. In full.

My reasons for being against a "Reserve Team/League":

For one, I think just the name "reserve" is a little demeaning. If I was a newcomer to the league and was looking for a way to improve my skills, and I saw a structure of 2 main divisions and a reserve league, I'd be a little put off knowing I was going to end up in the reserves. This is mainly because I'd be looking for a team to settle into (inb4 >rachel settling etc - it's old, stfu), rather than get into a team and just try to prove myself worthy enough to join a "proper" team. This kind of mentality also forms players which started out kind of by themselves. Let's face it, if a player is trying to prove themselves worthy, they're gonna be selfish on the ball, maybe try skills they aren't ready to perform - thus letting the team down (in both instances). This isn't the kind of environment which develops good teamplayers, which is exactly what haxball is about. There's also the fact that I really don't think a reserve league will create competitive teams. And yeah I know most people will disagree with everything I just said, but think about it clearly and then read on for an example of a better environment to develop new talent.

My opinion on B/II/2nd teams:

These teams are in fact real, competitive teams, which have a chance of actually achieving something. I think this is a much better way of developing players. It gives them a hunger for success right off the bat, gives them something to aim towards - not just as an individual player, but as a team. And that's what we should be aiming for. Yeah, it's alright helping to improve newer players but what about newer teams? I think if you put together a mixture of old and new, you create a team which has the experience as well as the hunger for success (from the newer players). It creates a much better team spirit, a sense of "we're in this together".

Overall I think it's better for the league if we have real, competitive teams where newer players can go to improve themselves. Because in these teams they can develop every aspect of themself as a player. Something which you cannot do in a reserve team.

As for what happens to the team if it gets promoted and is forced to split away which a brand new captain - well then it's up to the previous captain to ensure the team is in good hands after the split, and won't fall into the trap of filling the teams with superstars. Before that, it's up to us admins to ensure that the original captains are capable of making that happen.

If you're gonna quote me and reply - do so constructively.

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

Postby dora da gora » February 4th, 2013, 12:45 am

TLDR

dora da gora

News Articles: 3

Postby opc » February 4th, 2013, 1:35 am

Rachel wrote:Rightio, gonna drop some srs logic on dis fred

We seem to be having the same old arguments about Reserve Leagues and Reserve Teams and why we should have B/II teams instead of Reserve Teams because people don't recognise the difference. So, obviously, this is my opinion on the matter. In full.

For one, I think just the name "reserve" is a little demeaning. If I was a newcomer to the league and was looking for a way to improve my skills, and I saw a structure of 2 main divisions and a reserve league, I'd be a little put off knowing I was going to end up in the reserves. This is mainly because I'd be looking for a team to settle into (inb4 >rachel settling etc - it's old, stfu), rather than get into a team and just try to prove myself worthy enough to join a "proper" team. This kind of mentality also forms players which started out kind of by themselves. Let's face it, if a player is trying to prove themselves worthy, they're gonna be selfish on the ball, maybe try skills they aren't ready to perform - thus letting the team down (in both instances). This isn't the kind of environment which develops good teamplayers, which is exactly what haxball is about. There's also the fact that I really don't think a reserve league will create competitive teams. And yeah I know most people will disagree with everything I just said, but think about it clearly and then read on for an example of a better environment to develop new talent.

These teams are in fact real, competitive teams, which have a chance of actually achieving something. I think this is a much better way of developing players. It gives them a hunger for success right off the bat, gives them something to aim towards - not just as an individual player, but as a team. And that's what we should be aiming for. Yeah, it's alright helping to improve newer players but what about newer teams? I think if you put together a mixture of old and new, you create a team which has the experience as well as the hunger for success (from the newer players). It creates a much better team spirit, a sense of "we're in this together".

Overall I think it's better for the league if we have real, competitive teams where newer players can go to improve themselves. Because in these teams they can develop every aspect of themself as a player. Something which you cannot do in a reserve team.

As for what happens to the team if it gets promoted and is forced to split away which a brand new captain - well then it's up to the previous captain to ensure the team is in good hands after the split, and won't fall into the trap of filling the teams with superstars. Before that, it's up to us admins to ensure that the original captains are capable of making that happen.

Will do, you whore.

opc

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Perkins » February 4th, 2013, 8:59 am

There should be a limit of foreigners in a team in Division 2 or Reserves League (if this would happen).

"Gord": OK IM HOLIDING
"Gord": wow massive
"Perkins": woahhh
"Gord": woah that size
"Gord": WOAHHHH
"Perkins": THAT SIZE YOUR VAGINA IS SO BIG
"Gord": THANKS BABE U CAN FIT UR HEAD IN IT ANYTIME U WANT
Perkins

Division 1 Winner: Season 4
Division 1 Runner-up: Season 5
Cup Runner-up: Season 5
Cup Winner: Season 7

Postby naby » February 4th, 2013, 11:13 am

Pekrin wrote:There should be a limit of foreigners in a team in Division 2 or Reserves League (if this would happen).

This is another point I was going to raise. If a 2nd team does achieve promotion, maybe they could be given a choice to stay in division 2 or accept promotion, but maybe keep the handicap if they do accept promotion and break away from their "parent".

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

Postby rolex » February 4th, 2013, 11:36 am

lol reserve league is demeaning

isnt the fact that they are in a B TEAM demeaning in itself?

u make no sense

and since when were captains so concerned with training up less developed players all of a sudden???

they had the chance to help the community to develop with their first team but nope they went straight to yes and signed the best players they could

captains like that shouldnt get another chance to captain a team if they were incompetent to fulfill their goals with the TEAM THEY ALREADY HAD

i dont have an issue with captains signing yes players and duppying the league, if thats want they want then fine let them be. however begging for a team b to which u promise to develop less skilled players is absolutely pathetic- u had a team already why didnt u do it then?

id rather the captaincy go to someone who hasnt had a team before, allowing for them to experience the position of captaincy first hand rather than them playing under a captain who FAILED to fulfill their goal to train uk with their first team

yeh, u may have "captaincy experience" but where did that get team uk or starlights in s4 where u made a pledge to train uk players like devin, casper et al but walked out mid way through the season and came back with juventino, kaos, fringe and whoever

cool training up uk :thumbup:

rolex
Betting Mod

News Articles: 6

Postby mlfaijati » February 4th, 2013, 12:47 pm

In terms of being demeaning, reserve league = b team tbh, doesn't make any sense. The reserve league WILL create competitive teams, they will compete against OTHER reserve teams and the reserve league as a whole will create an environment that new players/teamless players will ONLY be playing against new players/teamless players therefore it will succeed in the task of helping new players be part of the league. If you make the teams in a very competitive Division 2 then it will be harder for these new players to get signed as the league is still competitive WITH A GOAL of being promoted to an EVEN MORE competitive Division 1.

And a reserve league will not create this? Of course players will be 'motivated' in a reserve league - to win the title of the league of course, and the 'reward' after this is being signed to a Division 1/2 team to then play in the league proper.

FM record:

G.I. Joehans:

ARRIBA!:

NWA:

The Real Rocknrolla:

ACDP:
Benchride to title!

Overall:
A travesty.

mlfaijati

Postby Constantinople » February 4th, 2013, 12:57 pm

Pekrin wrote:There should be a limit of foreigners in a team in Division 2 or Reserves League (if this would happen).

No.

Few reasons, lets say that the foreign player limit is 4 and I have a team in Division 2 that consists of 9 players, 4 of whom are foreign players. If my team promotes, theres no rule enforcing that I have to keep to the limits, so I could just cut some of those UK players and go scouring YeS searching for players.

Also, there are a few foreign players/teams who care about FM, teams such as Pablo, NWA, MEMPHIS etc. etc. A lot of Dutch players have signed up to the Free Agency

Let's say if Pablo relegate next season, they shouldnt be forced to cut players just because of a foreign player limit.

In my opinion, either have a foreign player limit for every division or don't have one at all.

Constantinople

News Articles: 4

Postby s.signorelli » February 4th, 2013, 1:49 pm

@Rachel tbh im more confused with the fact that earlier you said you did not care about the game anymore (reason why you gave your admin away), and you were going to retire your captaincy at the end of season 5; and now you want to captain two team....... rach pls.

As I won't be having it as my avatar anymore I will have it as my signature

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqT0iFZifgw[/youtube]
s.signorelli

Division 2 Winner: Season 5
Cup Winner: Season 5

Postby naby » February 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm

s.signorelli wrote:@Rachel tbh im more confused with the fact that earlier you said you did not care about the game anymore (reason why you gave your admin away), and you were going to retire your captaincy at the end of season 5; and now you want to captain two team....... rach pls.

have you not been paying attention?

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

Postby Aidizzle » February 4th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Name: Aidizzle

Team Name: The Mighty Bantams

Why you want to captain: I've been about for a couple of seasons and would like to give it a crack, it seems like an interesting business and would give me a bit more to do.

What are your plans and aspirations: Ideally I'd like to get a band of keen newish folk together who want to play, and lump in a couple of more experienced players to give the team a bit of backbone and help with teaching players. we'll see how things are looking from there results wise. Obviously if we're getting panned each week, that will need reassessing but I'm wanting to give this a shot. With the free agent system on here now, identifying new folk should be achievable.

A first season target would be to try for the top half. Obviously if we get off to a good start, then promotion should be considered but lets be pragmatic.

How gay is soc on a scale of 1-10: 10, he seems like a very happy chap indeed.

Aidizzle

PreviousNext

Return to Season 6