Macro in official matches

It is what it says on the tin.

Re: Macro in official matches

Postby El Drago » March 31st, 2020, 1:09 pm

If there was a rule for anti-macro when someone won a spam they could`ve been accused of macro simply for winning just 3-4 spams all match.

The only solution is to make the kick limit more harsh, because Haxball is a game from 2011 that has just: x-kick, arrows-movement, it`s impossible to make a software for this. The only map where macro doesn`t work is Real Soccer because you never spam in corners, you don`t have them, you have no walls in that map. :thumbup:

El Drago

News Articles: 12

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby sw1zy » March 31st, 2020, 1:29 pm

El Drago wrote:If there was a rule for anti-macro when someone won a spam they could`ve been accused of macro simply for winning just 3-4 spams all match.

The only solution is to make the kick limit more harsh, because Haxball is a game from 2011 that has just: x-kick, arrows-movement, it`s impossible to make a software for this. The only map where macro doesn`t work is Real Soccer because you never spam in corners, you don`t have them, you have no walls in that map. :thumbup:
are u blind? You can see the macro flashes... Nothing has to do with winning spams therefore its just stupid if the method of finding macro users has something to do with how much spams you win in each game

sw1zy

News Articles: 0

Postby Zoro1 » March 31st, 2020, 4:03 pm

Listen mate,

aMp wrote:Stop talking shit we didnt score not even 1 goal from spam.
In Turkish we have a saying, "at gözlüğüyle bakmak", exact translation: "looking with glasses of a horse", meaning: seeing only "a part" of the discussion (and it's actually the wrong part) but not interpreting it by a larger view, and missing the whole rest.

Sorry for saying that but it does not actually prove anything if u score any goal by spamming or not. In this game even one more spambattle u win during the game may cause many results. In the easiest case it gives u one more chance to attack, which also means: one more chance to score a goal. Not gonna explain more about that, u got the point if u are clever enough.

aMp wrote:HAKUTER WAS EVEN ST WTF
I don't know if I should say that since u are the finalist of this tournament, I thought u already realized that but, gamemode is 4def, so Hakuter was also defending. :shock:

aMp wrote:and its funny that most of who post reply on here are using macro and are crying for "BAN HAKUTER FASTER PLS"
firstly; this is not a relevant reply to defend ur friend. it's not different from saying "if hakut is using macro, Koala is also using macro, so ban him aswell!" which does not deny ur friend's macro using, but the direct opposite, accepting it and trying to get other users also banned with him.

secondly; I am not a Haxball Prophet, not receiving set of records (revelation) from Haxball God as a Private Message right at the time when a player uses macro. as long as someone like Cynesta opens a thread like this and shows us an obvious macrouser, we know about it and criticize.

In conclusion; I would like all macrouser players to be banned if I would see a proof of using macro. but I'm not following all the matches played in this community including both officials and friendships right? So how can u expect me to detect all the macrousers unless someone shows me?

aMp wrote:and ofc I am gonna protect him not bcz we were in the same football team but most of YOU use macro and nooone of us "gypsys" complain ever once when you used macro against us.
if you are not complaining when someone uses macro, it is your lack of responsibility. you cannot blame to anyone for that, whereas you can't also expect the same thing to do from us. so it does not mean if u don't complain, we also must not complain.

besides, you should not protect someone even though he/she is ur closely relative, if he/she is doing obviously something wrong. in this case it's cheating, doing something unfair, and it's not legit in the community rules. you know why? because who knows, if u let him do it, why wouldn't he use it against u one day? would u still stay silent? actually it doesn't have to be him, why would you even stay silent when someone does something wrong? like, wow.

aMp wrote:nooone of us "gypsys" complain ever once when you used macro against us.
this topic has nothing to do with anyone's nationality. I couldn't understand why u kept using "gypsies" adjective for urself, it's not relevant. are u playing for sympathy? why?

aMp wrote:we also "gypsys" always FP to opponents when they are AFK or lagging and we never expect to hear from opponents "thank you".
and finally, another irrelevant comment as usual. how is ur fairplaying in AFK/lagging situations related with this topic; ur friend's being a macrouser?

wait, what do you mean? shall we let a macrouser go keep using it since u guys are so fair players during the game then? for not scoring goals in AFK situations?

since you guys are not expecting a "thank you" from us in your fairplays, are you also expecting us to stay silent and abstain when ur friend uses macro? as some kind of a payback?

I hope it was clear enough, have a good evening!

Zoro1

Postby LaggerMet » March 31st, 2020, 4:16 pm

gypsy is not even a derogatory term for Romanians, it is a derogatory term for Romani
I really don't get why people calls Romanians gypsies

LaggerMet

Postby Ferg » March 31st, 2020, 4:43 pm

People out here defending Hakutter for real and saying 'oh u have macro as well' like bitch how do you know i have? My team has evidence of the guy using obvious macro during OFFICIAL game not fs. The thing is that admins won't do shit cause jasko said ''there will never be enough evidence'' which is very true. What more can my team provide to get this guy banned/suspended or whatever honestly? It's such a shame that you use macro during officials and admins will ask you ''So you want me to change the kicklimit?'' real shit. I don't know what else to say when almost the whole community agrees that he uses macro and not only him, cause i have seen other players using it too, but i don't have the evidence to prove it, so who is gonna believe me?

P.S guys use macro, even if you get blamed for using it and got evidence against you nobody will do nothing :fp:

Ferg

Position: Forward

Postby Hakut » March 31st, 2020, 5:27 pm

Cynesta wrote:
hakutter wrote:Just spam my friend xD you got 5 OG and you said about macro you dogshit

ur spam in the rec and here its the same shit https://youtu.be/xko6QSi0BoU?t=253

Hahaha idc bro 5-0

Hakut

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby apex1 » March 31st, 2020, 5:40 pm

hakutter wrote:
Cynesta wrote:
hakutter wrote:Just spam my friend xD you got 5 OG and you said about macro you dogshit

ur spam in the rec and here its the same shit https://youtu.be/xko6QSi0BoU?t=253

Hahaha idc bro 5-0

hahaha idc bro we will see about what happend to you

:O
apex1

Postby Ünüvar » March 31st, 2020, 6:24 pm

I'm going to give my opinion on the whole matter, from a non-biased point of view.

I have no idea if Hakutter has macro or not. I don't have experience with macro, I don't 100% know what type of spam is off the charts and what spam isn't. If we find out he has macro and there are consequences, I would say we have to review a lot of older macro cases, and also start to treat them seriously. If he has macro but he only gets a warning I think that would be fair, considering we "let" other players with macro just play on as well. But even if he just gets a warning with no consequences, I think the admins should review older macro accusations which were controversial nonetheless. Because keep in mind, this is not just about the CXI vs Misfits game. Going over every single macro accusation would take days tho, and I think the admins do have something better to do in the mean time. But the admin team is pretty big nowadays, and they should at least review a few, and we should start taking macro more serious soon.

I'm willing to help in any way I can, this is a problem which has been ruining the game for many and should be dealt with properly.

P.S. - Whatever happens to the CXI - Misfits game, I don't mind. As I've said: if he has macro, then we have to look for a solution. A fair solution imo would be to play it again. punishing cxi as a team to let us lose the match would be unfair though imo, looking at the punishments given to other macro cases in the past (no punishment)

Ünüvar

Postby orenball » March 31st, 2020, 6:49 pm

just cut the bullshit we dont really care about the match its just the principle
pussy admins wont ban shit hakutter and thats the end of the topic
just keep ur life going on and stop spamming the thread

orenball

Postby pass the ball » March 31st, 2020, 6:55 pm

I've never played in Feed Me though I have lurked on this forum for the past 5 or so years - I would very much like to see this player banned from the league and ostracized on the game.

Its funny because over the last years on this forum, or even in-game in public rooms - whenever a player is accused of macro its always the same arguments which have once more been brought up in this thread, such as insulting the other players skill level, as hakutter as done, or talking about how other players use macro, innocent players potential being banned etc. However, nobody in this thread is denying that he has used a macro, which is supposedly against the rules but also the spirit of the game the 'community'. Whilst the deflections have been the same macro usage used to be more taboo whilst nowadays it seems macro users have got more cocky and some people aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Pointless deflections aside I'm sure looking at the video the admins would agree its more than obvious this player has used macro, i'm sure by banning him aside from setting a good precedent nothing of value would be lost to the community, I say this because looking at his posts within this very thread he does not seem like a particularly pleasant chap either.

With regards to the discussion in this thread about how half the league or x% would also then need to be ban as a result of using macro then I suppose we can either remove the rule and allow macro - which interestingly was the case in the YeS league I do believe, though I could be wrong on this if someone is willing to correct me.

Alternatively how about the admins begin to clamp down on cheating? I'm not saying the admins in this community should waste their time watching whole match replays each week but when somebody raises a potential case of macro use, as Cynesta has done with this thread, the alleged incident can be looked into by the admins and a decision made. This doesn't have to result in clean players being punished - a decision could should only be taken when there is proof beyond reasonable doubt.

If and hopefully when the admins start clamping down on cheaters - lets say those who do use macro don't change their habits - then if there is still substantial proof to ban x% of the community when evidence is provided - why not do so? I'm sure most would rather have an experience playing in an albeit smaller league with fair and friendly teams - interestingly those who tend to use macro also are generally the more toxic, in my experience at least.

pass the ball

Postby chuckdog » March 31st, 2020, 6:59 pm

where's joni's macro detector @

chuckdog

Postby pass the ball » March 31st, 2020, 7:00 pm

chuckdog wrote:where's joni's macro detector @

https://fm-haxball.co.uk/index.php?page=replay-parser

pass the ball

Postby Shrekt » March 31st, 2020, 7:01 pm

Can you imagine if a nonce got hold of Bernards watch it would be horrifying

Shrekt

Postby mlfaijati » March 31st, 2020, 7:03 pm

pass the ball, i like the cut of your jib

FM record:

G.I. Joehans:
[s]Won Div 2 and Cup[/s] Got carried by Fritz.

ARRIBA!:
Got carried by jonny then disbanded the team.

NWA:
Came like 6th in Div 2B then disbanded the team.

The Real Rocknrolla:
When the going gets tough...

ACDP:
Benchride to title!

Overall:
A travesty.

mlfaijati

News Articles: 2

Division 2 Winner: Season 4
Cup Winner: Season 4

Postby Lyreco » March 31st, 2020, 9:21 pm

I think it's useless to have a kicklimit, it doesn't reduce macro users. And macro users can still have optimal spam with kicklimit, without losing stamina. Some people can't reach the limit and even if you can, macro users are still in the benefit. I think it's best to just gather around people to judge if the guy is using macro or not

Lyreco

Position: Forward

Postby Hakut » March 31st, 2020, 10:18 pm

orenball wrote:just cut the bullshit we dont really care about the match its just the principle
pussy admins wont ban shit hakutter and thats the end of the topic
just keep ur life going on and stop spamming the thread

My friend i just want to have fun in this game i join only for official games in this haxball so idc about this game

Hakut

Postby Zoro1 » March 31st, 2020, 10:32 pm

hakutter wrote:
orenball wrote:i join only for official games in this haxball so idc about this game
that's not true, I guess ur playing at least 10 matches in a day as I observe.

Zoro1

Postby Zoro1 » March 31st, 2020, 10:33 pm

hakutter wrote:i join only for official games in this haxball so idc about this game

Zoro1

Postby apex1 » March 31st, 2020, 10:48 pm

hakutter wrote:i join only for official games in this haxball so idc about this game

:O
apex1

PreviousNext

Return to League Discussion