Way too many postponed matches?

It is what it says on the tin.

Way too many postponed matches?

Postby jasko » February 5th, 2020, 6:09 pm

Hi, I just wanted to bring up a common issue nowadays (that's how I see it anyways) and get everyone else's opinions. It's been 3 league matchdays and all of my team's matches were postponed excluding the cup match tomorrow that has been postponed as well. So tomorrow we will have played 0 out of 4 matches on default schedule.

So there are 6 matches per matchday in div1, that's a total of 132 matches for the whole season. In comparison each team has 6 wildcards, if every team used all of their wildcards in a season you'd be looking at 72 postponed matches, so in theory you could postpone more than half (54.5%) of the total matches. A bit too much, perhaps? Perhaps it's not really a problem, but it just means you could have a period of 3 matchdays without an official match or you could have to play possibly 2 or 3 matches in 1 day.

What's your opinion on this? Should the number of wildcards be reduced or is everything okay as is?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Way too many postponed matches?

Postby tim » February 5th, 2020, 6:57 pm

Completely agree with you, sometimes I see teams that postpone their match when they are enough to be able to play.
I think we should establish a rule where we can use our wildcard a specific number of times.
This will avoid matches postponed at any time. If the team has used all of its wildcards then the opposing team will win with a defwin.

tim

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Hannes » February 5th, 2020, 7:29 pm

Good point in this. Wildcards are annoying, number should be as low as possible while b eing sufficient to not cause defwins.
I wouldnt have a problem to reduce the number of wildcards, maybe increase squad size? even though 12 should be enough ...

I think we should establish a rule where we can use our wildcard a specific number of times.
This will avoid matches postponed at any time. If the team has used all of its wildcards then the opposing team will win with a defwin.

Isnt that exactly how it is anyway? :scratch:

Hannes

News Articles: 27
Betting Coins: 200

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby EdinsonCavani » February 5th, 2020, 7:47 pm

They're scared by your team, no one wildcards vs the poor blackys and joeys

EdinsonCavani

Postby EdinsonCavani » February 5th, 2020, 7:51 pm

And being serious people have lineups with 10 players but if only 1 of the 4 best players isn't online -> wildcard, there's no reason having large lineups if at the end only 4 players will play, like tomorrow I won't have 1 my key player but my team will play because I've to respect all my teammates. You should encourage teams to play (like maybe teams can wildcard only 33% of their matches and they will care more about using it, maybe when it's just necessary)

I read 1div have 6 wildcards for 22 matches, maybe u were just unlucky with teams u faced

EdinsonCavani

Postby tim » February 5th, 2020, 8:02 pm

Hannes wrote: I wouldnt have a problem to reduce the number of wildcards, maybe increase squad size? even though 12 should be enough ...

No, the number of players is more than enough, but I think that we should really introduce the rule of a maximum number of wildcards.
It would be a shame to get there because there will be fewer games played, since there will be the defwin if the captain used all his jokers

tim

Postby Hannes » February 5th, 2020, 8:07 pm

tim wrote:
Hannes wrote: I wouldnt have a problem to reduce the number of wildcards, maybe increase squad size? even though 12 should be enough ...

No, the number of players is more than enough, but I think that we should really introduce the rule of a maximum number of wildcards.
It would be a shame to get there because there will be fewer games played, since there will be the defwin if the captain used all his jokers

5.1 Each team of Division 1 has 6 league wildcards - Each team of Division 2 has 7 league wildcards, they can use at any time during the season.

Or do you mean something different maybe

Hannes

News Articles: 27
Betting Coins: 200

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby El Drago » February 5th, 2020, 8:53 pm

EdinsonCavani wrote:And being serious people have lineups with 10 players but if only 1 of the 4 best players isn't online -> wildcard, there's no reason having large lineups if at the end only 4 players will play, like tomorrow I won't have 1 my key player but my team will play because I've to respect all my teammates. You should encourage teams to play (like maybe teams can wildcard only 33% of their matches and they will care more about using it, maybe when it's just necessary)

I read 1div have 6 wildcards for 22 matches, maybe u were just unlucky with teams u faced

I agree Progamer had 7 players online but grunersamt wasn`t there, so he didn`t want to play the official :evil:

El Drago

News Articles: 12

Postby Nocke » February 5th, 2020, 10:46 pm

The current wildcard system is good. It gives people, captains especially, this feeling of being 'safe'. There are 12 teams in Division 1, which means that every team will play 22 league games. Considering that this league is becoming a closed community (where everyone knows each other), if it's not one already, and that it's not as big as MANY other games and we also don't get paid to play, it would be very fair to say that this game is just a hobby on the side. It's not as serious as, let's say, actually playing for a team in the Premier League. Having said this, right now a team can wildcard just 6 out of 22 league games, which means that 16 games out of 22 cannot be wildcarded, unless they are done so by the opponents. Considering the above, I think it's a fair number of wildcards.

In reality, people have other stuff to do, haxball is just a game on the side, being able to wildcard a maximum of 6 league games out of 22 is just right - it's actually very easy to end up with 0 wildcards if you rely on them. At the end of the day, you just got really unlucky, not playing any of the 4 games. It's rare, but it can happen.

Spoiler: Show
Nocke

Postby LaggerMet » February 5th, 2020, 11:09 pm

that was part of the reason GNM disbanded last ssn, just sayin

LaggerMet

Postby LaggerMet » February 5th, 2020, 11:11 pm

Hannes wrote:rhaps? Perhaps it's not really a problem, but it just means you could have a period of 3 matchdays without an official match or you could have to play possibly 2 or 3 matches in 1 day.

12 is enough, there's no team that cant get a full lineup just because there is not enough room in the squad
the problem is that most teams will wildcard if one player of the main lineup cant arrive, maybe this is the behavior we should counter

LaggerMet

Postby tim » February 5th, 2020, 11:27 pm

LaggerMet wrote:12 is enough, there's no team that cant get a full lineup just because there is not enough room in the squad
the problem is that most teams will wildcard if one player of the main lineup cant arrive, maybe this is the behavior we should counter

I agree with you, but how do you counter it? for example, in your team you are 6, but one of your players who is titular is absent, is enough that the others disconnect all except the captain and how to prove it? There are people who will be capable of it unfortunately

tim

Postby B4D4SS » February 6th, 2020, 12:13 am

Nocke you mention people having a life and needing wildcard which is true, but it also works the other way around.

Many times I don't bother coming to the match when I could come, because Im worried that the match will be wildcarded because it seems to happen SO often.

Im not gonna waste all my Thursday and Sunday evenings coming to the computer and warming up, missing out on things, when I know there is a great chance the match will be wildcarded. Its not a problem a few times a season, but for 50% of matches to be wildcarded is too much to justify me coming to the computer, therefore many times I just don't bother.

My team still manages to play without me anyway because each position has a backup, which all teams are capable of having, and should use more often.

B4D4SS

Postby P4ER » February 6th, 2020, 4:34 am

How the postponed games works currently is stupid, clowns like Splat and more noobs in this newschool cancer community (allen generation) tries to get defwins out of it/ playing against secondary lineup by choking the other team until the deadline although that you see they are playing 24/7 and keep playing their other matches.

There are 2 simple solutions that should be combined together:
1. reduce the WC number to a choking number (if a team cant come more than this limit, add player/dont play the league)
2. The team that use WC will have to use another WC if they cant play at the next matchday if they cant play the wildcarded game, this will prevent the case above. (teams playing their regular matches not giving a single shit about the wc game).
this case will give the other team that was there in time an advantage since they dont need to run after the other team to give them date to play.

P4ER

Postby supermazhine » February 6th, 2020, 9:34 am

jakso They are afraid of your team and there is ppl they have life so think about that... :bounce:

supermazhine

Position: Forward

Postby tSharky » February 6th, 2020, 10:50 am

P4ER wrote:How the postponed games works currently is stupid, clowns like Splat and more noobs in this newschool cancer community (allen generation) tries to get defwins out of it/ playing against secondary lineup by choking the other team until the deadline although that you see they are playing 24/7 and keep playing their other matches.

1. reduce the WC number to a choking number (if a team cant come more than this limit, add player/dont play the league)
2. The team that use WC will have to use another WC if they cant play at the next matchday if they cant play the wildcarded game, this will prevent the case above. (teams playing their regular matches not giving a single shit about the wc game).
this case will give the other team that was there in time an advantage since they dont need to run after the other team to give them date to play.

I disagree about the part of wildcarding only until the next match. Sometimes isn't just possible to play and it takes time to test a player and if he's a nice person. Also my teams almost never used wildcard unless we really needed. You can check that last season we used 3 wildcards only... Why? We were only 2/3... But that's the only reason and with the wildcard sometimes we took a week or a week and half cuz sometimes my team and the other team didn't meet each others. The idea is quite bad because there's no fairness.

tSharky

Postby LaggerMet » February 6th, 2020, 12:03 pm

TemplleGoku wrote:
P4ER wrote:How the postponed games works currently is stupid, clowns like Splat and more noobs in this newschool cancer community (allen generation) tries to get defwins out of it/ playing against secondary lineup by choking the other team until the deadline although that you see they are playing 24/7 and keep playing their other matches.

I disagree about the part of wildcarding only until the next match. Sometimes isn't just possible to play and it takes time to test a player and if he's a nice person. Also my teams almost never used wildcard unless we really needed. You can check that last season we used 3 wildcards only... Why? We were only 2/3... But that's the only reason and with the wildcard sometimes we took a week or a week and half cuz sometimes my team and the other team didn't meet each others. The idea is quite bad because there's no fairness.

Why there's no fairness? just use another WC, you urself said you used only 3 wildcards

LaggerMet

Postby Mey » February 6th, 2020, 2:11 pm

u guys made a thread about over using the wildcard system, forgetting this game is just an hobby (for some of us :D)

Mey

Postby LaggerMet » February 6th, 2020, 2:45 pm

Cube wrote:u guys made a thread about over using the wildcard system, forgetting this game is just an hobby (for some of us :D)

yea its just a hobby, and because of that coming especially for an official just for it to be wildcarded last minute is shit

LaggerMet

Postby taziek » February 6th, 2020, 3:38 pm

true, too many matches postponed and another thing, the hour to postpone the matches is to close to when the matches are going to be played

taziek

Next

Return to League Discussion