Way too many postponed matches?

It is what it says on the tin.

Re: Way too many postponed matches?

Postby Vidalo » February 6th, 2020, 4:11 pm

Taziek wrote:true, too many matches postponed and another thing, the hour to postpone the matches is to close to when the matches are going to be played

+1

We should at least postpone the day before gameday, that will force players to inform their captains about their activity and not coming randomly 10 min before the game without giving any news.

I think reducing number of wildcard is a good idea, it will force captains to use all line up (or force some players to play another position, but it's another subject) even if a "key player" isn't here !

El Drago wrote:I agree Progamer had 7 players online but grunersamt wasn`t there, so he didn`t want to play the official :evil:

How do you know the 6 other players were available to play ? Did you ask them all personnally ? I'm very often on TS between 19-23h cet but I can't play each time my team want to fs / offi. We can't prove that every single man on TS is ready to play official only because they are active on TS :lol:

Vidalo

News Articles: 0

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby ATuntija » February 6th, 2020, 4:26 pm

5.4 Wildcarded fixtures must be played within 3 Days (not Matchday). (Days like in the FM Schedule counting -> Schedule)
Example: Wildcarded Match of Day1 have to be played by the Date of Day4;
Wildcarded Match of Day2 have to be played by the Date of Day5; ...
Exception1: If the 3 Days are divided by the Mid Season Break you have 2 weeks to play it

Would it help if the deadline for playing the postponed matches would be reduced to 2 Days? Meaning you would have only 1 week time to play it instead of the current ~1,5 weeks.

Or with even more tighter schedule so that lets say your team postpones a match tonight, you would have to play it before next thursday (i.e. deadline for the wc match would be next weeks wednesday 23:59cet).

ATuntija

News Articles: 12

Position: Forward

Postby El Drago » February 6th, 2020, 4:37 pm

ATuntija wrote:5.4 Wildcarded fixtures must be played within 3 Days (not Matchday). (Days like in the FM Schedule counting -> Schedule)
Exception1: If the 3 Days are divided by the Mid Season Break you have 2 weeks to play it

Would it help if the deadline for playing the postponed matches would be reduced to 2 Days? Meaning you would have only 1 week time to play it instead of the current ~1,5 weeks.

Or with even more tighter schedule so that lets say your team postpones a match tonight, you would have to play it before next thursday (i.e. deadline for the wc match would be next weeks wednesday 23:59cet).

this would make gotw more fluent also :tongue:

El Drago

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby jasko » February 6th, 2020, 4:43 pm

ATuntija wrote:5.4 Wildcarded fixtures must be played within 3 Days (not Matchday). (Days like in the FM Schedule counting -> Schedule)

I'm not sure if reducing the deadline would help (though, 1.5 weeks seems a bit too much imo). It's however common practice to play the postponed matches on deadline instead of agreeing to play sooner and I think there was always potential of taking advantage of that if the other team isn't keen on playing on the deadline and just forcing them to play then as you can't do anything about it, so reducing it to 1 week instead of 1.5 weeks might be harmful in that aspect.

Perhaps the wildcards could be lowered to 4 or 5 per season per team and the last time for taking wildcards could be day before offi until 23:59cet, so there's enough time for captain and players to react to it so they don't come online for nothing, because that's what's the most annoying thing, coming online for offis and finding out you don't have a game like every other matchday.

So all in all it should be stricter, but it's pretty hard to balance it out and be fair to everyone.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Lyreco » February 6th, 2020, 6:00 pm

jasko wrote:

I'm not sure if reducing the deadline would help (though, 1.5 weeks seems a bit too much imo). It's however common practice to play the postponed matches on deadline instead of agreeing to play sooner and I think there was always potential of taking advantage of that if the other team isn't keen on playing on the deadline and just forcing them to play then as you can't do anything about it, so reducing it to 1 week instead of 1.5 weeks might be harmful in that aspect.

Perhaps the wildcards could be lowered to 4 or 5 per season per team and the last time for taking wildcards could be day before offi until 23:59cet, so there's enough time for captain and players to react to it so they don't come online for nothing, because that's what's the most annoying thing, coming online for offis and finding out you don't have a game like every other matchday.

So all in all it should be stricter, but it's pretty hard to balance it out and be fair to everyone.

I wouldnt make the deadline one day earlier, cause still anything can come up which can end up in a team not having 4 players, i would make the deadline 4/5 hours before official

Lyreco

Postby ATuntija » February 6th, 2020, 11:19 pm

dolphinunicorn wrote:
jasko wrote:

I wouldnt make the deadline one day earlier, cause still anything can come up which can end up in a team not having 4 players, i would make the deadline 4/5 hours before official

Deadline could still be 1 day before since match can be postponed on matchday by using the late wildcard. This would require opponent's agreement tho.

I believe every team would agree the late wildcard if the team asking it don't have 4 players.

ATuntija

Previous

Return to League Discussion