Interesting stat about FM since HTML switch

It is what it says on the tin.

Re: Interesting stat about FM since HTML switch

Postby Yannex » December 13th, 2018, 12:20 pm

B4D4SS wrote:Yeah of course, but it doesn't mean that my evidence is completely irrelevant.

Its a fact that this website traffic has plummeted and is still doing so right now, since falling below rank 1million in June, it has falled another million to rank 1,996,906 in the last 5 months.

Yeah maybe you can say all other websites have got wayyyyy more popular and FM only slightly more so its fallen in rank, but is that really a likely coincidence it would happen JUST AS HTML STARTS.

People can make their own minds up, but I think there's more proof HTML caused this (considering how many preferred Flash) than it being because of a random fluke like all other websites getting way more popular at the exact same time as each other and also the exact same time HTML is released.

ok cool, but what is your point? if thats what made it than whatever.. fm doing good, infact its doing better than the seasons befor imo.
and i bet no one really cares that much tbh..
and if you say "lets all go back to flash" cause of this than gl with that cause that wont happen

so all of this is pointless xd

Yannex

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Twigg » December 13th, 2018, 12:28 pm

B4D4SS wrote:Yeah of course, but it doesn't mean that my evidence is completely irrelevant.

Its a fact that this website traffic has plummeted and is still doing so right now, since falling below rank 1million in June, it has falled another million to rank 1,996,906 in the last 5 months.

Yeah maybe you can say all other websites have got wayyyyy more popular and FM only slightly more so its fallen in rank, but is that really a likely coincidence it would happen JUST AS HTML STARTS.

People can make their own minds up, but I think there's more proof HTML caused this (considering how many preferred Flash) than it being because of a random fluke like all other websites getting way more popular at the exact same time as each other and also the exact same time HTML is released.

Actually it does make your 'evidence' irrelevant. If you can't substantially prove something then there's no point in using it in an argument to begin with. Surely you can see the massive flaw in assuming a relationship between things without complete information? It's a massive leap of faith you've taken and is actually the same kind of mentality that flat-earthers have.

Anyway, relative to other sites (the important part of your statistic) this website has dropped in ranking, but if you look at the traffic statistics there is an opposite correlation:

https://i.imgur.com/solNfp2.png

Twigg

Postby socrates » December 13th, 2018, 12:31 pm

I wasn't saying that is what I thought was most likely - just was pointing out the flaw in your statistics. That only doesn't really mean anything and I'd bet that FM has had lots of dips like that over the years. It could be due to any number of factors and isn't necessarily related to HTML. For example maybe we got a lot of traffic then as people were coming on to read the HTML threads and now since 99% of people are OK with HTML then it goes back to normal ranking.

Either way who cares about site traffic? There are no ads here or anything to make money. The number of people that play in FM is bigger than ever so surely that is a more important stat to look at.

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby Allen » December 13th, 2018, 3:20 pm

Twigg wrote:

Actually it does make your 'evidence' irrelevant. If you can't substantially prove something then there's no point in using it in an argument to begin with. Surely you can see the massive flaw in assuming a relationship between things without complete information? It's a massive leap of faith you've taken and is actually the same kind of mentality that flat-earthers have.

Anyway, relative to other sites (the important part of your statistic) this website has dropped in ranking, but if you look at the traffic statistics there is an opposite correlation:

https://i.imgur.com/solNfp2.png

?

Allen

Position: Goalkeeper

Previous

Return to League Discussion