The Future of Feed Me

It is what it says on the tin.

The Future of Feed Me

Postby Hannes » September 1st, 2023, 7:11 pm

It will be some weeks before we think about the start of the next season.
I hope we can play some funcups in the upcoming weeks (if you want to help organizing some or have ideas, contact Meyzi or Hannes)

It would be nice if Feed Me would have more activity again, and less disbands and fights over defwins.

In this thread we are trying to collect ideas, about what things could be changed maybe, league structure? Involvment of the captains? Bring back 3v3 format or some other map as additional competition? Change the cup?

Any off-topic post or post containing any personal insults will be deleted without notice.

Hannes

News Articles: 28
Betting Coins: 200

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Re: The Future of Feed Me

Postby LaggerMet » September 1st, 2023, 11:26 pm

league format sucks, every second match (if you are lucky) is wildcarded and people choke the hell out of the captains to decide when to play them

just do a esl style ELO format (of teams, not individual players), but you would need some matchmaking platform

LaggerMet

News Articles: 0

Postby Smithyo Jr » September 2nd, 2023, 9:32 am

the game is dying. it was going to happen sooner or later anyways

Smithyo Jr

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Mücolajj » September 2nd, 2023, 11:42 am

If the wildcard match is played with a different team the following week, it must be played mandatory. If the wild card is dealt 2 weeks in a row. 3 matches must be played in the 3rd week. We also see that some players have a hard time waiting. In this case, it should be mandatory to specify the match times on the forum in advance.
If both teams agree, +1 more day may be given. A map played on big can be tried for the cup tournament. Maybe this will be a map I can use in the future. You can make trophy organization a test

Mücolajj

Betting Coins: 925

Postby Skinny » September 2nd, 2023, 12:22 pm

4v4 BIG EASY

Skinny

Postby Browning » September 2nd, 2023, 12:28 pm

I think only solution is to open an official fm discord with admin hannes and meyzi with some trusted moderator, where you can organize funcups, elo teams etc, by this I don't mean that teamspeak should close it could be the place to have tags of the various competitions that are organised, but I think it's impossible to go on like this players don't enter ts not even to play official matches.

Browning

Postby Gimenez20 » September 2nd, 2023, 2:34 pm

1. Limit to play wildcard matches 1 week after.
2. The wildcard games have to be played between 20 and 22 cet time.
3. Your own hosts, to study the players and to avoid multi-accounts
4. If is possible, scripting a 3def code that dont allow to do 4defs
5. Maybe changing the league format, that you can do playoffs, that is more attractive to do Streamings, and more competitive
6. Change the kickrate limit, that with 6 12 4 doesnt work for macro players.
7. I guess that you have ts3 that is good, but discord has better things to improve, for Example adding FeedMe ELO or Public Rooms with the 4th point to show how the 3def code works or in ELO

Last edited by Gimenez20 on September 3rd, 2023, 1:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Gimenez20

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Arango » September 2nd, 2023, 4:07 pm

Social Media, Commercial and this stuff. Creating tiktoks and some other posts. Like Highlights of a Match, interviews or livestreams of the Match of the Day. Mainly i think about making feedme more aware for peoples. Maybe this leads to more New players. Maybe also accept more teams and create a third League. More quantity in players And Fill League. Increase the admin/Support Staff to Control the masses of New players . At the same time, enforce the rules more. Perhaps set up a small anti-cheat team to discuss whether someone has hacked in a game.

Maybe a 3on3 League would be a good idea. See Nordhax, haxleague, PCH... there are a lot of players not knowing feedme or being Registered. I dont think they even know teamspeak

Arango

Postby Mey » September 2nd, 2023, 7:38 pm

I don't think it has nothing to do with the format. the game just lost its thing, mainly due to the extrapolation, players lost joy and left and those who play only show up for officials.

Last edited by Mey on September 2nd, 2023, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mey

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Bachira » September 2nd, 2023, 9:11 pm

The current map is not good for this league. In the top level games match is usually ending 0-0 0-1 1-1 bcs the only way u can score is random spam goal/counter attack.
That's why in my opinion the goals should be bigger not like in big easy but definitely bigger than the current ones. The games are gonna be more interesting to watch, more goals etc.

Bachira

Postby Alensa » September 3rd, 2023, 6:17 am

The current map is diminishing the potential to attract new players to this game. Players who play the big map are less common compared to the general player base. Different maps can bring in new players to this forum. If partnerships are established with other Discord servers like Real Soccer and Futsal, you can bring in more players, just like on the Elo Discord server. When entering into partnerships with other servers, Futsal and Real Soccer leagues should also be introduced on the forum.

Alensa

Postby 1punisher » September 3rd, 2023, 7:04 am

For 7 seasons I am trying to create a team in this league. And everytime you didn’t accept my team with stupid reasons. And now you want for activity nice one. Maybe put your ego somewhere and actually care about the community and players who really wanted to play!

Amp’s league give me chance to play while you are not, now you give me one reason why would I care about this platform? When you had a lot of activity you didn’t give fuck about individuals. Now you need individuals and guess what now individuals don’t give F.

Deal with that g.

And yes unless you make 3-def big easy it is pointless to play because its impossible to score.

1punisher

Postby grünersamt » September 3rd, 2023, 8:43 am

/kick_ratelimit 2 60 3

grünersamt

Postby Masa » September 3rd, 2023, 10:57 am

Game is almost dead now, just accept that and close the league. :scratch:

Masa

Postby Smithyo Jr » September 3rd, 2023, 11:10 am

:confused:

Smithyo Jr

Postby ROCKYBALBOA » September 3rd, 2023, 2:44 pm

Even though I retired, I follow it from time to time, unfortunately I see that the competition between the teams harms the league. Now most teams try to harm the other team for their own benefit. Even if he is not right, he makes absurd demands from the admins to make a decision in his favor.Unfortunately, the decision taken at the end of this season will make it difficult to apply the wildcard rule, which has been applied in a healthy and harsh way until now. Many teams will want to play another day from now on as they don't have only 1 man on the deadline day.

People who make up the community rather than admins need to change their mindset.The game is almost dead, but there is still a mentality that sees everything as permissible just for the sake of the "championship".If the players continue to make such nonsense, the mistakes made by the admins will increase and soon, like other leagues, FM will completely disappear.

1)Player behavior
First of all, the toxic community environment should be made more constructive and healthier.There are two reasons why many players quit the game: the toxic behavior of the players and the other one is the cancer tactics of the game in defense and attack.

2)Rule or map change to make the game enjoyable
The reason we played for years was that the game had an enjoyable structure. Teams cannot make 5 passes in a row at the moment.When this happens, it becomes impossible to enjoy the game. It's like there's no option right now except to put full pressure(with all player) to ball or score a counter goal.Years ago, the 3 def rule was introduced because it made the attack impossible. If possible, a new method should be determined with rule changes, if it is not enough, a new map should be designed.Before the game becomes more enjoyable, neither old players will return nor new ones will be added to this community.

3) Public Rooms and ELO System

FM has drawn an image closed to innovations for years. However, at the point we have reached, it will either disappear or have to innovate. First of all, ELO and public rooms have to be established. In this way, it can add new players in fm. In his time, Meyzi did this very well in his own league.I have no doubt that he will do this successfully here as well. Teamspeak should continue, but the Discord address should also be more active. Because now many new players spend all their time there.There is no one playing big in public anymore. It is impossible to restore this without opening public rooms and advertising FM. This is a very important innovation that should be made as soon as possible.

4)League system

So far, the league system has worked properly, but a new exception may be made for 2-3 seasons.I think that the number of teams that will come out of div2 should be certain, and when more than div1 teams are closed, the team that will rise to div1 should not be from div2.Because this negatively affects the league quality.For example, 3 teams will be rise from div2 and the remaining teams will be added directly to div1 from the application list.These teams, on the other hand, can be selected among the teams applying to the league, champion captains (Isco, ES Pierre, wroz) and stable and reliable captains (Meyzi,Enzo, Suarez N7, Progamer) will can have priority for div1.

Players like Flaviu, Punisher, and Smithyo apply every season but they are not joined. I am not sure whether the team they formed will be permanent.A side league can be opened for such captains who have previously closed their teams and whom you find unreliable.Captains who have previously closed teams and captains who have not gained your trust can compete in that league for 1 season and after be added to the FM league .At the very least, these people should be given this chance. If they gain your trust they should be added to the FM league. Otherwise, these people will not be admitted to this league no matter what they do, which is a bit of a heartbreak for them.

5)Head to head average

The average system should definitely be changed and it should be head to head average.Head to head average is both a fairer system and a closed system to speculation.

These are the ones that come to mind for now. If something new idea, I'll keep writing. I never think of going back to the game for now, but I also don't want the game we've been playing for years to die.good luck to you all.

ROCKYBALBOA

Postby Mücolajj » September 3rd, 2023, 4:30 pm

I think players who were removed from here should come back. I think all players should be brought back here. For example, supermazhine , Pedy, Taziek. and other players I don't know. you need to remove their punishment

Mücolajj

Betting Coins: 925

Postby Jesé » September 3rd, 2023, 5:18 pm

@Whiteee comeback should do the work

All jokes aside,
It would be nice if Feed Me would have more activity again

For this, we have to recruit new players to this league. A public room could work for this, as there are still a lot of players in pub. In my opinion opening a public room and managing it actively could help to get more activity in FM again, with new, fresh and hopefully active players. Also the idea of ELO sounds very interesting to me. Even if FM admin team don't want to set up an ELO on their own, some cooperation could work I think. It should be tested by the FM admins.

and less disbands and fights over defwins.

And if we have to really talk about this :fp: , It's a shame that the community tries to get wins with defwins, with just talking on the forum and fighting... :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

To solve the defwin problem, FM should get a new, more strict rulebook when it comes to postponing games. Clear rules, no room for any discussion, that should be the way FM must strive. I don't want to go into the details and what the new rulebook should look like, this is something for the admins.

You wanted our ideas, please do something with them.

Jesé

Postby ATuntija » September 3rd, 2023, 7:02 pm

ROCKYBALBOA wrote:4)League system

So far, the league system has worked properly, but a new exception may be made for 2-3 seasons.I think that the number of teams that will come out of div2 should be certain, and when more than div1 teams are closed, the team that will rise to div1 should not be from div2.Because this negatively affects the league quality.For example, 3 teams will be rise from div2 and the remaining teams will be added directly to div1 from the application list.These teams, on the other hand, can be selected among the teams applying to the league, champion captains (Isco, ES Pierre, wroz) and stable and reliable captains (Meyzi,Enzo, Suarez N7, Progamer) will can have priority for div1.

Players like Flaviu, Punisher, and Smithyo apply every season but they are not joined. I am not sure whether the team they formed will be permanent.A side league can be opened for such captains who have previously closed their teams and whom you find unreliable.Captains who have previously closed teams and captains who have not gained your trust can compete in that league for 1 season and after be added to the FM league .At the very least, these people should be given this chance. If they gain your trust they should be added to the FM league. Otherwise, these people will not be admitted to this league no matter what they do, which is a bit of a heartbreak for them.

Great post from ROCKYBALBOA.

For 4th point, I think FeedMe has always had a kind of "strange" way to add new teams to league.
I mean, I used to be part of an admin team doing these decisions aswell, I can admit something should have been changed already ages ago.

The problem is that in FeedMe all new teams are always starting from Division 2. I can understand the logic behind this (with relegation/promotion system) but on the other hand, could some new teams start straight from Division 1 ?

Let me give an example. Two teams from Division 1 are about to disband or are at least losing some of their best players. These players are planning to creatie a new team for the next season in FeedMe. Admin team is of course accepting them (no reason not to do it) but they are also putting them to Division 2 like all other new teams even though that team iscould easily be Division 1 level.
What happens next? That team is winning almost every game and with a big goal difference in Division 2. What's the point of this?
Would it be better to add them straight to Division 1 to bring more competitiveness to the league and at the same time making Division 2 more even.

I understand that some Division 2 are losing interest to playing. It's not fun to play in Division 2 against the teams that should be playing in higher division. Due to this and also the map itself, they are slowly losing the fun part of playing and are eventually going through the disband.

Some captains have applied for several seasons but never got accepted. Maybe it's time to give them a chance and thus FeedMe could get more activity which is clearly needed.

ATuntija

News Articles: 12

Position: Forward

Postby Naticooo » September 3rd, 2023, 11:57 pm

Well...

You guys can start by being stricter when it comes to punishing players.
Everyone says and does what they want in this league. You have to have respect and know how to control. Administration is not just for reviewing games and updating tables.
I understand the fact that there is no remuneration and everything is done voluntarily, but if this case affects the administration, the best thing is to close the league. It makes no sense to keep everything open when there is no control.

Meanwhile, people are talking about an ELO, but you have to think that the ELO is a live system. Games constantly, reports, problems, analyses, points, etc...
It means that if you already have no control over the feedme, I can't imagine a ELO system.
I speak from experience, that currently the elo that is running outside the FM is far from being the best (and im one of the owners).

Cheers.

Naticooo

Position: Forward

Next

Return to League Discussion