Transfer Market in the league

It is what it says on the tin.

Transfer Market in the league

Postby Guest » September 23rd, 2011, 11:16 pm

Okay, I have an Idea that, instead of doing drafts (which are unfair), we should have a transfer market. Each captain will receive £100m. With this, they have to buy exactly 3 players, thus resulting in them managing balances and automatically creating a value for each and every player.

Smiley,Donny,Cath,Jonny,Socrates,Circleboy each get £100m, and they have to bid for players. Naturally, somebody like Maddude will have higher bids than someone like me, therefore the captains will have to evaluate how they're going to spend money and it would result in a value for each and every player.

It will KIND OFwork (in terms of player Value) how Fifa 11 Ultimate Team works.

What does everyone think?

Last edited by Guest on September 23rd, 2011, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Transfer Market in the league

Postby DEVINURDOG » September 23rd, 2011, 11:17 pm

Explain how you'd value a player? And what would happen if you overspent yet you needed another player?

DEVINURDOG

News Articles: 0

Postby thor91 » September 23rd, 2011, 11:18 pm

I like it, but how will the auction of players work exactly?

thor91

Postby Maddude » September 23rd, 2011, 11:20 pm

Also not everyone would get valued as people would want to buy much the same players and then people will want more expensive players and value players higher.

Co-Founder of Feed Me Community!
Maddude
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 4

Position: Goalkeeper
Division 1 Winner: Every time except once
Cup Runner-up: Never
Division 2 Winner: Just the once
Cup Winner: Every time

Postby Guest » September 23rd, 2011, 11:20 pm

That just wouldn't happen. Lets say Cath bid 70m on Maddude, 10m on me, and 20m on you, and he got neither, he would eventually have to by the reserves (either for free or a fixed minimum price). However, this would mean he would have 100m to spend in the transfer deadline where captains can directly trade with other captains without the need for bidding.

Postby thor91 » September 23rd, 2011, 11:24 pm

So the auction would be done in stages of bidding? After each captain has bid on 3 different players, the captain who bid the highest for each player gets that player, then if there are some players left who were not bidded on, a new round of bidding starts on those players? Makes sense.

thor91

Postby Guest » September 23rd, 2011, 11:27 pm

The exact details of bidding I've not yet worked out, but that's just a small detail that can easily be solved.

Postby Maddude » September 23rd, 2011, 11:59 pm

thor91 wrote:So the auction would be done in stages of bidding? After each captain has bid on 3 different players, the captain who bid the highest for each player gets that player, then if there are some players left who were not bidded on, a new round of bidding starts on those players? Makes sense.

Could just do:

Best players are bidded on as the first player and you can spend £40-65m on them.
Next set of players are bidded on as the second player and you can spend £20-40m on them.
Next set of players are bidded on as the third player and you can spend £5-20.

Just an example

Maddude
Elder of da Realm

Postby deerhaunter94 » September 24th, 2011, 12:58 am

Could just stick to trades like the MLS do, where two Captains agree on switching players, say half way through the season and at the end of the season... etc.

deerhaunter94

Division 1 Winner: Season 1, Season 2
Cup Runner-up: Season 3

Postby rising star » September 24th, 2011, 11:54 am

I like the idea,but i think its gonna take long lol:P

Only user to be in one team since season 1 ;)
#DEJA
rising star

Cup Runner-up: Season 2

Postby Guest » September 24th, 2011, 1:18 pm

Could work like this:

Maddude makes a Megathread, with each PLAYER and the highest bid for the player, and each CAPTAIN and the money they have. Once a CAPTAIN bids on a player, the value of that bid is taken from the CAPTAINS purse. If the CAPTAIN is outbid, the money goes back into the CAPTAINS purse. Each PLAYERS highest bid is visible to everyone, and so is the CAPTAINS purse (I think thats the fairest way).

At the last day, CAPTAINS can directly trade for PLAYERS through trades + Cash. If cash is left over once season starts, we could have like a 'Winter transfer window' half way through the season, to change players that don't work well in the team. Money can also buy things like referee bribes etc (lol kidding, but we could think of things that you could buy with the money, cant think of any examples now but I hope what you mean.)

What the MegaThread could look like:

Players:

NavJuve : Highest Bid - £15,000,000
Maddude : Highest Bid - £45,000,000
Rising-star : Highest Bid - £20,000,000
F1 : Highest Bid - £35,000,000

Captains:

Cath : Purse - £43,500,000
Socrates : Purse - £2,000,000

Now Cath knows he has more money than Socrates, so he can up his bids etc, this would work better with more captains + players, I think its a good system. Now, Lets say, the £20,000,00 bid on Rising is Socrates' (There would be no way to find this out in the real window however), Say Cath put in a £25,000,000 bid, that would result in the thread looking like this:

Players:

Rising-star : Highest Bid - £25,000,000

Captains:

Cath : Purse - £18,500,000
Socrates : Purse - £22,000,000

Note: Only relevant Captains/Players have been written down.

Now this will allow Socrates to bid on another player, ie, NavJuve. Now imagine this with 6 or so captains and 30 or so players. It would be alot more interesting.

Maddude could update the thread every hour or so or maybe every time period on a given day, ie, :Every 13:00, 17:00, 21:00 every day. Sorry for the long read, but what does everyone think?

Postby Maddude » September 24th, 2011, 1:24 pm

NavJuve wrote:Could work like this:

Maddude makes a Megathread, with each PLAYER and the highest bid for the player, and each CAPTAIN and the money they have. Once a CAPTAIN bids on a player, the value of that bid is taken from the CAPTAINS purse. If the CAPTAIN is outbid, the money goes back into the CAPTAINS purse. Each PLAYERS highest bid is visible to everyone, and so is the CAPTAINS purse (I think thats the fairest way).

At the last day, CAPTAINS can directly trade for PLAYERS through trades + Cash. If cash is left over once season starts, we could have like a 'Winter transfer window' half way through the season, to change players that don't work well in the team. Money can also buy things like referee bribes etc (lol kidding, but we could think of things that you could buy with the money, cant think of any examples now but I hope what you mean.)

What the MegaThread could look like:

Players:

NavJuve : Highest Bid - £15,000,000
Maddude : Highest Bid - £45,000,000
Rising-star : Highest Bid - £20,000,000
F1 : Highest Bid - £35,000,000

Captains:

Cath : Purse - £43,500,000
Socrates : Purse - £2,000,000

Now Cath knows he has more money than Socrates, so he can up his bids etc, this would work better with more captains + players, I think its a good system. Now, Lets say, the £20,000,00 bid on Rising is Socrates' (There would be no way to find this out in the real window however), Say Cath put in a £25,000,000 bid, that would result in the thread looking like this:

Players:

Rising-star : Highest Bid - £25,000,000

Captains:

Cath : Purse - £18,500,000
Socrates : Purse - £22,000,000

Note: Only relevant Captains/Players have been written down.

Now this will allow Socrates to bid on another player, ie, NavJuve. Now imagine this with 6 or so captains and 30 or so players. It would be alot more interesting.

Maddude could update the thread every hour or so or maybe every time period on a given day, ie, :Every 13:00, 17:00, 21:00 every day. Sorry for the long read, but what does everyone think?

So the captains would pm me their bid so no-one knows who bid on who?

Maddude
Elder of da Realm

Postby Guest » September 24th, 2011, 1:26 pm

Maddude wrote:

So the captains would pm me their bid so no-one knows who bid on who?

Thats what I'm thinking right now, It would work best imo, what do you think?

Postby Maddude » September 24th, 2011, 1:27 pm

So I would have to wait till every captain has bidded and then update it otherwise it would be unfair right?

Maddude
Elder of da Realm

Postby Guest » September 24th, 2011, 1:34 pm

Maddude wrote:So I would have to wait till every captain has bidded and then update it otherwise it would be unfair right?

Not really, as long as you specify times like 13:00 17:00 and 21:00, they will know to go on and bid or see whats going on, plus sometimes bidding isn't always the best thing, I think the plan works really well, hardest part is giving value to "money", but that is doable in ways like letting the market value players and giving the captains the ability to buy perks with money?

Value

Postby MoMo » January 30th, 2012, 6:21 pm

Every player's value can be £1m and each team can have a £10m or a £20m budget, then players get bidded on and the highest bid of the player would be his/her new value. the mod can pm the captains if the player they bidded for recieved a higher bid from other teams and certain times would be set for biding so its easier and/or it could be done on the chat at a certain time/day.. i think it would work out well and its a bit more exciting also.. don't know if anyone is considering this though or if this is idea is being forgotten..

MoMo

Postby OvoXo » January 30th, 2012, 7:02 pm

Tbh this is a better idea than drafting tbh, but make it simpler and a value on players like you did for fifa ratings NON BIASED!!!!!! then this should be a good idea and fair for everyone

OvoXo

News Articles: 1

Postby Aidan » January 30th, 2012, 9:06 pm

Wont Work.

Aidan

Division 1 Winner: Season 3
Division 2 Winner: Season 2

Postby Equinox » January 30th, 2012, 9:25 pm

You could do assess each player that was in a team before end of season and put them in price ranges but all free agents are 20mil but once you're signed its up to your cap to decide price or something like that

Equinox

Postby MoMo » January 30th, 2012, 9:38 pm

I say how ever much the player is worth should be decided naturally by the bids they get, whoever plays fifa ultimate team will know what im talking about.. everyone is worth a minimum price of £1m or 0, theres no buy now price so you bid and wait till the auction window or transfer window is closed, or the time set by the player or the mod is finished.. for example,

There's a main thread with the people who are available for sale or the free agents are listed:
MoMo
Ovoxo
Aidan
Equinox

These are all worth £1m each. One team bids for Aidan: £1m, another bids £2m.. and another and who ever bids the highest gets him before the end of the time set by aidans team or the specific times set by the mods.
this gives more control for the captains and more opportunities for everyone to play imo..

Also theres no need for complicated price tags and values set by people.. everything should be from scratch and the budget of the teams can be £10m or £20m, that should be enough.

Last edited by Anonymous on January 30th, 2012, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoMo

Next

Return to League Discussion