Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Postby B4D4SS » February 22nd, 2020, 10:45 am

Ok Im making a mini league, probably 6 teams only.

Most people don't have vps in FLASH but its ok, we can use good Netherland/Germany hosts.

Who knows, maybe this will start a new trend, more people will come after 1 season, maybe basro wakes up and edits the HTML physics to match FLASH, since these physics have shown to be boring AF (futsal taking over rofl).

So if you want to enjoy Haxball again and possibly turn the tide with basro, sign up here if you would like to play or captain a team in my new FLASH league!

B4D4SS

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Sign up HERE to join my new FLASH 4v4 League.

Postby Eren » February 22nd, 2020, 10:58 am

+Nerdlucks

-aguero10
-Falk
-Rene
-GQKU
-Fredklopp
-Douglas Maicon

Eren

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Ferg » February 22nd, 2020, 11:24 am

i dont understand why are you so obsessed with flash man like nobody wants to go back and just play on html.

Ferg

Position: Forward

Postby Pedy » February 22nd, 2020, 11:31 am

Flash will be completely removed from all browsers by December 31, 2020, via Windows Update.

Pedy

Postby P4ER » February 22nd, 2020, 11:42 am

I dont know if you tried to play in the flash version in Windows 10, but the delay is pretty bad.. (feels like surf_ski.)

P4ER

Postby B4D4SS » February 22nd, 2020, 2:10 pm

Ferg wrote:i dont understand why are you so obsessed with flash man like nobody wants to go back and just play on html.

Ill tell you why, because I wasted 3 FUCKING YEARS IMPROVING. Then just as Im peaking and reaching a high level on this game, finally figuring things out, the gameplay gets destroyed and Im just the same as some random Romanian player who started playing 4months ago. All my tactics and game knowledge, positioning and decision making, don't mean SHIT on this HTML.

I don't know about you, but I value my time a lot. I wasn't having fun for all those 3 years, I was taking this game seriously implementing the long term plan, knowing that putting in the work for all that time would eventually pay off and I would get the rewards later, and that was almost true.

But how could I know basro would be so stupid to not match the gameplay identically to Flash, when he released HTML? Had I known this would happen to the gameplay in 2015 when I first started, I would've never wasted more than a minute on this game.

Anyway looks like nobody wants to join my Flash league so fuck it. Ill just stay salty af that I wasted a lot of time over 3 years, with NOTHING - 0, to show for it. fuck basro

B4D4SS

Postby vegeta » February 22nd, 2020, 2:30 pm

B4 all browser games are slowly dying (haxball, goodgame empire, goodgame big farm, hero zero etc.) Look at cs;go the game version has been changed from 1.6 to cs;go and what number of players has decreased? No, it has grown because it was not a browser game and had eSports potential, there were no other things in haxball that would increase the number of players and not that haxball died because of html, the change of version was just not happy for you because it doesn't suit your style of play. I think that there is no point in talking about what has already happened, let's enjoy the last years of this game considering that the game still holds well and the community is constantly trying to develop it.

vegeta

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby El Drago » February 22nd, 2020, 2:46 pm

B4D4SS wrote:
Ferg wrote:i dont understand why are you so obsessed with flash man like nobody wants to go back and just play on html.

Ill tell you why, because I wasted 3 FUCKING YEARS IMPROVING. Then just as Im peaking and reaching a high level on this game, finally figuring things out, the gameplay gets destroyed and Im just the same as some random Romanian player who started playing 4months ago. All my tactics and game knowledge, positioning and decision making, don't mean SHIT on this HTML.

I don't know about you, but I value my time a lot. I wasn't having fun for all those 3 years, I was taking this game seriously implementing the long term plan, knowing that putting in the work for all that time would eventually pay off and I would get the rewards later, and that was almost true.

But how could I know basro would be so stupid to not match the gameplay identically to Flash, when he released HTML? Had I known this would happen to the gameplay in 2015 when I first started, I would've never wasted more than a minute on this game.

Anyway looks like nobody wants to join my Flash league so fuck it. Ill just stay salty af that I wasted a lot of time over 3 years, with NOTHING - 0, to show for it. fuck basro

Yes but no-one complains about it, why would 400 people change the whole game for 1 player :thumbup:
Instead of that we could improve the current game.

El Drago

News Articles: 12

Postby jasko » February 22nd, 2020, 4:41 pm

I'm all up for changes to HTML gameplay, but I think going back to flash and playing there would be foolish... Basro used to respond in haxball IRC channel and github, but he stopped caring about that, too, it seems, so it's game over.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

Postby KROL » February 22nd, 2020, 5:37 pm

+ESL LEGENDS

lineup:

Dynamix (C)
WIELKI KROL (CO-C)
F.Inzaghi
Yeah5
DARTH SIDIOUS
NeltaN
VIICTORE
Pellegrino
duce
thc
Marky
Torto

KROL

Postby Allen » February 22nd, 2020, 5:40 pm

B4D4SS wrote:

if you couldn't improve after so long at html i wouldn't blame it all on the game cause a lot of players got better after the switch, sure some went down in level but most are unaffected by it, it says you've done something wrong by not getting better after some long, look at players like xSha(no shade) he wasn't that good from what i remember at flash, he was average and after the switch he became one of the tier 1 players

Allen

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Ferg » February 22nd, 2020, 6:01 pm

B4D4SS wrote:

Im sorry to break it to you B4D, but HTML is way more easier than the Flash gamemode and if you cant be good at it even with extrapolation and zooming options, you should consider it man. We all had to switch its not only you, as you can see some of the good players became bad and etc. its not only you im saying it again. You can say that the physics changed but its a really small difference and the game runs smoothly rather than the flash gameplay. My recommendation would be to play more fs and look at which extrapolation and zoom + fps suits you the most.

Ferg

Postby ATuntija » February 22nd, 2020, 8:57 pm

Can matches be played on HTML if both teams agree?

:popcorn:

ATuntija

News Articles: 12

Postby thinge » February 23rd, 2020, 8:25 am

+ Detroit Pistons
puki
metalyzE
killua1
easy

thinge

Postby B4D4SS » February 24th, 2020, 4:56 pm

vegeta wrote:there were no other things in haxball that would increase the number of players and not that haxball died because of html, the change of version was just not happy for you because it doesn't suit your style of play.

Its honestly disrespectful that you would accuse me of being so disingenious and selfish that I only dont like HTML because it doesnt suit my style. I consistently said its because of the skill ceiling being too low which would eventually kill the competitive community. Loads of other top FLASH players with completely different style to me have also had their powers taken away on HTML: gio, Falk, Hulk, Dexter, Rq*, Tortogol, Fritz, Pringles, Deliric etc..

If you call being in position and not doing retarded things at the wrong time ‘my style', then how is that not intrinsically interlocked with the skill ceiling? Which is what ive been talking about this last 2years, not the style changing, the skill ceiling. And would you say futsal has more esport potential? It doesnt have any esport potential, even less than normal Haxball by a long way, but people are playing it because they have already reached the skill ceiling on this shitty HTML and want something new, because a low skill ceiling game doesn't give you anything new when you reach that level.

In FLASH nobody was looking for other game modes to play. All the most popular recs are from 4v4 competitive standard mode on haxrec, not futsal. Why is it that only when HTML was released all the regular leagues died off, only leaving FM left? Open your eyes and see the truth, instead of marginalising my opinion with a false and made up insult that ‘its just cus it doesnt suit your style’, when Ive repeatedly said its the skill ceiling which affects all top level styles of play, offensive, defensive and everything in between. And because of that, irrespective of how I perform in HTML, the game will die out like I said it would:

I really dont know whats the point in people being in denial about this. I understand the attitude of Ferg to just play and not complain, but the people who deny that HTML had any effect on the game dying out is just so stupid to me. Your letting basro completely off the hook, giving him reasons to ignore my truthful comments, because theres no unity in the communitys opinion, despite their only being ONE TRUTH. Now when I bug basro, he thinks Im just ‘angry cus it doesnt suit my style' because thats the reputation I get from people thinking with prejudice instead of logic like you just did, and so basro ignores ALL THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SKILL CEILING KILLING THIS GAME COMPETITIVELY, AND NEVER ADDRESSES IT.

Anyway forget it, like I said previously on this thread, nobody wants to play on a segregated and minority community, even if they prefer that gameplay. I just have to buy this game from basro, but he doesnt even respond after I offered 20k dollars, not even to negotiate.

B4D4SS

Postby Pelé4 » February 24th, 2020, 9:01 pm

We're in.

Pelé4

Postby qaz00 » February 25th, 2020, 12:44 pm

I think the whole flash vs HTML discussion is unnecessary. Basro decided to keep both versions and great majority of players chose to play on HTML because it's better, there's only small percent of players who prefer flash and they should be grateful that basro haven't deleted it. Gameplay on HTML favors for example quick corner play over positioning because of lower latency, it's not objectively better or worse, just different.

Some say that on HTML everything is simple and random player can play almost like a pro, skill doesn't matter anymore, random scores happen, lower skill ceiling etc. The problem is this is not true, it's just some weird ideas of their delusional minds. Look at facts. The Div1 table shows a big difference between top and bottom teams. When you look back at the seasons history you can see that this difference even increased compared to flash days. Yes, now it's easier to do some fancy corner tricks, a random player can do something that only top players could do on flash. But you forget to notice that these top players also improved.

I heard that basro is not very motivated to change anything in game but if anyone here has a good contact with him he can suggest one change. Make player's extrapolation be displayed next to his ping. This could allow making leagues with some max extrapolation value allowed or even minus extrapolation for oldschool flash fans. This way we can keep all the advantages of HTML and make the gameplay very similar to flash. I'm not an expert on game developing but I think it should be easy for basro to implement.

qaz00

Postby B4D4SS » February 25th, 2020, 3:40 pm

Or your just not qualified to give us the answer about skill ceiling in flash vs html qaz.

To call me Pringles splat hulk tortogol yannex Isco aguero10 Pringles shaxlele ANDREA gio Wenom and more but I cant be bothered anymore to list it all, deluded, with 0 evidence given for that except scores in a dead community is just stupid af. Ive talked about what is different to html in flash, specifically, and nobody ever debates that (except ter on ts), they just ignore the evidence and come in later saying im deluded. How much time have you spent comparing the 2 game modes, you think more than me?

Dont confuse crazy scores with less randomness, and don't forget the quality of div1 overall is much less than before. Loads of good teams/players gone and even some decent teams who are still there don't bother fsing together so they get rekt by the top 2 teams who still fs all day. And people feel like they need to risk it all when they are down, because the game isn't in their control to make a comeback, its more luck so you just go for crazy chances.

If im 0-1 down at half time with Flame Hawks, Hulk is DM, im staying calm and not taking risks, because I know on flash Hulk has the skill to create chances with his skilful turning where he uses the tempo and rhythm of players against themselves. In HTML, im just going to run for 2v1s, because I know Hulk doesn't have as much impact on the game, even though his attack is stronger than the defence he is against, its not consistent that he will rape them every time.

Anyway you don't need to talk about it anymore, I already said earlier here I accept now its over, basro don't respond and people don't want to join my flash league. I just really hate being called deluded or that it only doesn't suit my style or some bullshit, when I never shown these traits and nobody ever gives evidence for it.

B4D4SS

Postby Anddy » February 25th, 2020, 6:42 pm

It's been 3 years html is out and you come every month to cry about that, you're not deluded or whatever, you're a cunt

Anddy

Return to General Haxball Discussion