Basro Destroyed haxball

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Re: Basro Destroyed haxball

Postby jasko » July 29th, 2019, 1:24 pm

It's interesting to say the least. basro was for the longest time against the fact that extrapolation offers an advantage if you're willing to sacrifice game's smoothness (whatever that is in haxball) and now decides to contradict himself and limit it after weeks of feedback and comments from myself and others, but a few guys complain about the limit and it's back to how it was?

Well, anyways... I don't think extrapolation should exist, it was just the cheapest and easiest way to "fix" input lag, which was brought in by the graphical update of resolution scaling, which was before similar to how flash was - blurry when zooming in and it worked just fine in terms of game performance.

Instead of going forward and having a smooth, lag-free gameplay where everyone can have fun and enjoy the game and the competitive nature of it, the community is now once again divided by something stupid, because one incompetent, unambitious (sorry basro, but it's true) developer can't make up his mind...

And I repeat, it's a 2D game that should be working on any pc/laptop, heck I can even make it "work" on my phone, so why is it so hard to make it work normal for everyone? Why do we need something so random and unstable as extrapolation in the game in the first place?

Anyway, I'm wasting my time since nothing will ever change in this game.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby B4D4SS » July 29th, 2019, 1:38 pm

Its a shame that basro reversed on his decision. It that was thought out with his own reasoning after listening to well presented arguments that didn't have insults or silly emotional arguments, we stayed with logic talking to him. And then because of roughly 20 knee-jerk emotional reactions without much reasons other than insults and whining, he reverses it.

Just look at this thread: Isco, wroz and Nocke all posted without insults, and with smart truthful reasons why we should support the limit. Meanwhile everybody against the limit just posts silly whining, jokes and insults to make their point, its obvious which side the truth is with, because we don't need anything else other than the truth to make our points.

Hopefully basro views this thread and realises that

B4D4SS

Postby MARBLE7 » July 29th, 2019, 1:39 pm

MARBLE7

Position: Forward

Postby ESPierre » July 29th, 2019, 1:45 pm

ESPierre

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby KROL » July 29th, 2019, 1:53 pm

yes, they should limit hz to 60 in csgo too, why would people with 240hz monitor have an advantage there, its not fair :fp:

godbless, u have to deal with it some people got money for better equipment so they have little bit advantage and some are not

still, "pro" player in everygame would still destroy every of you even if he played on friends computer with shit keyboard for 10 euro, shittest 60hz monitor etc, just give him the same settings ^^

KROL

Postby Pedy » July 29th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Remember guys, this is the same guy who keeps whining about html all of the time. Yeah we know who is the true side buddy, and its definitely not the side you are in buddy.

B4D4SS wrote:Its a shame that basro reversed on his decision. It that was thought out with his own reasoning after listening to well presented arguments that didn't have insults or silly emotional arguments, we stayed with logic talking to him. And then because of roughly 20 knee-jerk emotional reactions without much reasons other than insults and whining, he reverses it.

Just look at this thread: Isco, wroz and Nocke all posted without insults, and with smart truthful reasons why we should support the limit. Meanwhile everybody against the limit just posts silly whining, jokes and insults to make their point, its obvious which side the truth is with, because we don't need anything else other than the truth to make our points.

Pedy

Postby Pedy » July 29th, 2019, 1:57 pm

And of course Isco supports basro's decision when insanity just beat seeders 3-0 :fp:

Pedy

Postby B4D4SS » July 29th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Pedy wrote:Remember guys, this is the same guy who keeps whining about html all of the time. Yeah we know who is the true side buddy, and its definitely not the side you are in buddy.

B4D4SS wrote:Just look at this thread: Isco, wroz and Nocke all posted without insults, and with smart truthful reasons why we should support the limit. Meanwhile everybody against the limit just posts silly whining, jokes and insults to make their point, its obvious which side the truth is with, because we don't need anything else other than the truth to make our points.

Well done you proved my point, an insult to me with that is irrelevant to the points I made. Thank you :)

B4D4SS

Postby MartYK » July 29th, 2019, 2:08 pm

fastly became again cool pedy, after the toy extrapolation came back :*

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston S. Churchill
MartYK

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby MARBLE7 » July 29th, 2019, 2:10 pm

Pedy wrote:And of course Isco supports basro's decision when insanity just beat seeders 3-0 :fp:

wdym? he has always been supporting basro and talking to him about putting limit to extra and we didnt lose cuz of extra or something about it, even if we lose cuz of it he never blames game/basro/extra.

MARBLE7

Postby JOHN RAMBO » July 29th, 2019, 2:20 pm

Pedy wrote:And of course Isco supports basro's decision when insanity just beat seeders 3-0 :fp:

Wait, weren't you the guy that just a few hours ago was saying "RIP HAXBALL 2010-2019", "thanks for ruining the game", etc?

JOHN RAMBO

Postby Pedy » July 29th, 2019, 2:23 pm

MARBLE7 wrote:

wdym? he has always been supporting basro and talking to him about putting limit to extra and we didnt lose cuz of extra or something about it, even if we lose cuz of it he never blames game/basro/extra.

"even if we lose cuz of it he never blames game/basro/extra."
Yeah sure, and you are a very honest person (cheating in music quiz and macro user but denying it)
The problem i have with isco and lets be honest his friend P4ER is the hypocricy they exhibit. P4ER will be crying about cancer gameplay and doing the same thing himself - And it is amazing to me how a person who is supposed to be the best dm is so annoyed by others gameplay, maybe he should try to learn how to beat that gameplay.

The fact and truth of the matter is, Isco's time as the best DM is running out, and he knows it. He is playing this game for 10 years and it is the only thing he is good at in life so he doesn't want to lose it.

Pedy

Postby Pedy » July 29th, 2019, 2:25 pm

The average IQ in portugal must not be so high.
You got beat by INSANITY, just sit down in your corner and stop talking.

JOHN RAMBO wrote:

Wait, weren't you the guy that just a few hours ago was saying "RIP HAXBALL 2010-2019", "thanks for ruining the game", etc?

Pedy

Postby Arango » July 29th, 2019, 2:26 pm

does somebody have a video which explains the advantage about a higher extrapolation?

or a video to see the difference between extrapolation 0 and 20?

if i use 200 for example then im jumping around

Arango

Postby B4D4SS » July 29th, 2019, 2:31 pm

Arango wrote:does somebody have a video which explains the advantage about a higher extrapolation?

or a video to see the difference between extrapolation 0 and 20?

if i use 200 for example then im jumping around

Haxball is a bunch of problems being thrown at you in real time, and you having to react to them finding the best solution/option for each situation you encounter. Smart/experienced players are better at reading these situations quickly and adapting much faster than the average players would.

Extrapolation removes that advantage and lowers the skill ceiling, because players are not all in the same time zone, average players can have better Live problem solving abilities not because of their brain but because they have more time to do it, than a more talented brain who is using less extrapolation.

The higher extrapolation the more time you get to solve these problems, find the best solutions/option and react quicker. It helps with everything, skills, tackling, defending, saving 2v1s, passing etc..

B4D4SS

Postby MARBLE7 » July 29th, 2019, 2:34 pm

LOOOOL i'm accused of using macro by pedy :fp: :fp: nothing to say...

idc about how u play in fses cuz in official we know how people are scared to play like in fses,

you still think isco would give a fuck about his time as best dm or winning or losing, you're wrong he just comes and plays he doesnt think that detailed about this 2d game i mean at least he didnt even make a tier list etc, as if its a game played by millions. and i bet you dont know shit about isco so stop being prejudiced. you care ppl too much

"You got beat by INSANITY, just sit down in your corner and stop talking."

wow we cant sleep now what a big lose or ye we should rage quit after one lose like u? probably thats the moments that you have waited for so far this season xd we are still first btw.
you should focus on your team instead of us

Last edited by MARBLE7 on July 29th, 2019, 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MARBLE7

Postby Mey » July 29th, 2019, 2:35 pm

well my hopes are gone.

Mey

Postby JOHN RAMBO » July 29th, 2019, 2:35 pm

Pedy wrote:The average IQ in portugal must not be so high.
You got beat by INSANITY, just sit down in your corner and stop talking

Well, I have no idea what's the average IQ in Portugal, but I honestly hope that in Denmark the average is above your IQ.
I mean, I don't care if we got beat or not by INSANITY. I just find pretty annoying people like you that can't defend a point with solid arguments, but need otherwise to start with cheap provocations. Like you were the one acting like a complete maniac "RIP Haxball 2010-19", "thanks for ruining this game".

I don't know if you have the capacity to expose your opinion showing suitable reasons that sustain it, but if you don't, it's better not talk at all than to start acting like an idiot.

If you don't agree with Isco's opinion, just quote him and say that you disagree in x, y or z. If you just distort all he says into "hE jUsT aGrEeS wItH bAsRo bEcAusE hE lOsT tO INSANITY" you will just look like an idiot.

Anyway, this is just an advice, if you prefer the retarded way, keep going.

JOHN RAMBO

Postby Pringles » July 29th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Pedy wrote:The average IQ in portugal must not be so high.
You got beat by INSANITY, just sit down in your corner and stop talking.

JOHN RAMBO wrote:

Couldn't agree more. We definitely should retire!

Pringles

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Whitee » July 29th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Pedy wrote:The fact and truth of the matter is, Isco's time as the best DM is running out, and he knows it.

isco is still so far best dm than other dm's ngl, i think everyone can admit it easily except some haters :P

Whitee

News Articles: 1

PreviousNext

Return to General Haxball Discussion