Basro Destroyed haxball

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Re: Basro Destroyed haxball

Postby MARBLE7 » July 29th, 2019, 9:52 am

ENOUGH HAXBALL, GGWP.

MARBLE7

News Articles: 0

Position: Forward

Postby Lyreco » July 29th, 2019, 10:43 am

rip rip

Lyreco

Postby SuarezN7 » July 29th, 2019, 10:56 am

Np guys we can play music quizzes we don't need haxball, but don't shazam (you know who)

SuarezN7

News Articles: 1

Postby Whitee » July 29th, 2019, 11:21 am

pkppp wrote:Image
it was not a joke, the biggest addict SMART AUTISTIC pkp since January 2011 has to stop this game cuz of Basro, we can only say to him thanks, because i'll play other games now, but not addictive games.

BASRO :evil: :evil: :evil:

finally we got rid of you :elephant:

Whitee

News Articles: 1

Postby JOHN RAMBO » July 29th, 2019, 11:22 am

wroz wrote:i've been using 75 extrapolation for the last couple of months and it's gonna be a bit hard for me to play on 50 ngl. however, in the long run, the game can and will only benefit from that change imo. hopefully, the gameplay will be less cancerous now and we all will enjoy this game once again. good decision, Basro! :thumbup:

ps guys, believe me, after 1 week or 2 you will get used to lower extrapolation. just like you got used to higher. give ur brains some time to adapt to it.

Thank you, finally someone that is being rational.

JOHN RAMBO

Postby Nocke » July 29th, 2019, 11:22 am

Honestly, I played with 110 extrapolation before this update. Now I'm forced to play with 50. Because that's the maximum, obviously.

I feel like extrapolation has changed the game in both good ways and bad ways.

The good? Through extrapolation we can 'feel' faster. We can achieve what our brain is set out to do faster. I have read on the github issues topics that some people called it a 'cheat', and even compared it to steroids... No, you're sacrificing one thing to gain another - you will lag even more but if you have played this game for long enough you will gain a benefit if you are able to predict where the ball and even where our OPPONENTS and even teammates go, as I'm sure that we all know that extrapolation affects the entire game. So, if you are good at the game, you will have a benefit, if you aren't as skilled at the game, you will not. That's not a reason to complain, it's just the way it is.

So, no, extrapolation is not a cheat, it is merely a tool which players use to sacrifice one thing (have the game be laggier) in order to gain this feeling of being 'faster' and being able to predict where the balls and opponents go. Through extrapolation we are able to maximise our current overall playing ability, whether we set it to 25, 50, 75, 100, whatever. And that's a fact.

That is not to say that extrapolation hasn't brought bad things however. I feel like it's made the game too..robotic. Too often I would just attempt mostly the same stuff and they would work because I was fast, but it kind of limited my creativity, in the sense of that I wouldn't bother trying new things that often, new skills, whatever. With less extrapolation I feel like there's more room for creativity - that is not to say you can't be VERY creative with a lot of extrapolation, it's just that with less extrapolation you don't see the game being as laggy, and suddenly your brain might see more opportunities in that moment, pass, shoot and so on.

I do agree that most fs that are played nowadays, especially on what is considered a 'top-level', turn out to feel cancerous more often than they should. Why? Let's go back to what I just said - "I feel like it's made the game too..robotic", it being extrapolation. Players play with a lot of extrapolation, they see less frames (because that's what extrapolation does - it skips frames, so you can 'see into the future'), the game itself starts to feel robotic.

I'm really interested to see who this 'Jacob-1998' is, the person that brought about this extrapolation change - basro implemented it obviously, but Jacob heavily recommended it and started the topic. Not to insult him or anything, just to have a really calm, chill conversation with him, but I'm even more interested to see if he's a top player who feels like extrapolation has made the game too cancerous, or if he's just one of those players who is bad at the game and doesn't want others to have an even higher competitive edge over him. If you're reading this - do you play in this league? Did you used to play in this league? I saw that you even posted screenshots from this league's forum. Come reply to the topic, even to me, whatever you want - share your thoughts.

In the short run? Many people will dislike it. Including myself. Similar to the Flash vs HTML vote we had a while back. As I have said previously, I literally play, or used to play, with extrapolation 110 and I'm sure people who play with around the same amount feel as annoyed. Funnily enough I actually disliked the HTML change, since I played using Microsoft Edge on Flash and then I couldn't when the HTML change rolled out. Over time I have grown accustomed to HTML, mainly because of extrapolation since it has helped bring back that 'Flash' feeling, or helped bring back that feeling I used to get on Microsoft Edge.

In the long run? Great. The game won't feel as robotic. There will be more creativity. It will take some time to get used to a lower amount of extrapolation, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

I just really hope that the extrapolation feature won't be completely removed. When the HTML change rolled out and even now, when I play with extrapolation 0, I feel like there's an input lag. Extrapolation helps fix that - at least for me.

Spoiler: Show
Nocke

Postby Lyreco » July 29th, 2019, 11:41 am

Guys let's all get Minecraft and play together

Last edited by Lyreco on July 29th, 2019, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyreco

Postby JOHN RAMBO » July 29th, 2019, 11:43 am

Edit: The negative reception to the extrapolation limit was stronger than I expected so I’m reverting those changes.

ggwp.

JOHN RAMBO

Postby Anddy » July 29th, 2019, 11:43 am

Anddy

Postby MARBLE7 » July 29th, 2019, 11:50 am

MARBLE7 wrote:ENOUGH HAXBALL, GGWP.

not enough haxball hf hf

MARBLE7

Postby Nocke » July 29th, 2019, 11:50 am

Well that was quick

Spoiler: Show
Nocke

Postby KROL » July 29th, 2019, 11:54 am

THX TO PKP HE OPENED THREAD

WHAT A HERO

KROL

Postby sw1zy » July 29th, 2019, 11:57 am

xd

sw1zy

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby B4D4SS » July 29th, 2019, 12:17 pm

Welp basro took both sides opinion's in, made his own decision, and went forward with it. Which is how decisions should be made.

Unfortunately he didn't have the backbone to carry it out, because of like 20 complaints. But the strong reaction does expose just how large the use of extrapolation for advantages is.

Meanwhile when HTML was released and I gave him evidence and over 50 opinions stating the physics felt different and worse than FLASH, he completely denied and dismissed it.

ripperino

Last edited by B4D4SS on July 29th, 2019, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B4D4SS

Postby pkppp » July 29th, 2019, 12:20 pm

well, extrapolation was back only for 1 hour, it's only me who has this shit on my browser ???
https://pnrtscr.com/kqrkc7

pkppp

Postby Lozano » July 29th, 2019, 12:22 pm

pkppp wrote:https://pnrtscr.com/kqrkc7

me too wtf

Lozano

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby MARBLE7 » July 29th, 2019, 12:22 pm

PKP WHEN HE SAW 50EXTRA LIMIT https://pnrtscr.com/kqrkc7 :fp:

MARBLE7

Postby Baffo » July 29th, 2019, 12:25 pm

pkppp wrote:well, extrapolation was back only for 1 hour, it's only me who has this shit on my browser ???

You're blocked everywhere

Baffo

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby MARBLE7 » July 29th, 2019, 12:26 pm

Whitee wrote:
pkppp wrote:Image
it was not a joke, the biggest addict SMART AUTISTIC pkp since January 2011 has to stop this game cuz of Basro, we can only say to him thanks, because i'll play other games now, but not addictive games.

BASRO :evil: :evil: :evil:

finally we got rid of you :elephant:

are you sure? Image

MARBLE7

Postby JOHN RAMBO » July 29th, 2019, 12:29 pm

pkppp wrote:well, extrapolation was back only for 1 hour, it's only me who has this shit on my browser ???

I bet 5€ that is another screamer.

JOHN RAMBO

PreviousNext

Return to General Haxball Discussion