About general/this recent macro issues

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

About general/this recent macro issues

Postby Zoro1 » June 9th, 2019, 3:01 am

Hey ladies,

This problem exists for a long time as you know but I never talked about it.

Yesterday after reading this discussion in the day 8 matchday thread I felt really annoyed by attitudes of some people who were being judged as macro users. Then I felt myself like I should open this thread and say few words. I'll try to take it really short.

can you stop trolling/fooling/making jokes on our minds please? We have brain aswell like you guys.

Dude seriously it's not a hard thing to differ a normal spamming and an extraordinary more spamming with macro. It's pretty obvious to see. Why still trying to refuse with millions of reasons and pretending like there is only one you who knows how things work.

With all respect about ur experience in this game, you may be the oldest guy ever in hax but we are not 3 days newbies aswell dude. We can see some sh1t in this game aswell.

I saw some people were writing "stop crying after the loss" to the losers against macro. like, come on... stop trolling us.

"we played against several teams in league but none of them complained much as you after your lose". or in other words, he is saying; "I used macro against all of them but they still beat me up cuz I'm an untalented sh*t. Embarrasing dude. Shame.

"I bought new pc, new keyboard&stuff. And now the god bro 1000 times in a second I can press."

Stop it seriously. We are not stupid.

"I press 50 button at the same time for spamming bro, that's why... Shift, x, space, num lock, print scr, etc. Same time!"

I'm sure you are doing mate, yes.

As I said, I felt annoyed by the attitudes of people more but not that much from usage of macro cuz I'm pretty much facing it everyday aswell how u guys do the same. It became extraordinary for me I think I got used to it.

Just, please stop fooling us. It's really easy to differ macro and normal pressing don't try to make it harder.

Dear admins, please just take it easy, have a simple look together to the spammings and agree on it macro or not. Then kick those guys out of the league for a more fair gameplay in community. We are spending our time in here right? Thanks.

Hope you could understand the main idea. I'm pretty high rn idk why am I writing this.

Yours Sincerely,

Vranj.

Zoro1

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: About general/this recent macro issues

Postby ShimShon » June 9th, 2019, 9:40 am

ok

ShimShon

Position: Forward

Postby SuarezN7 » June 9th, 2019, 10:53 am

It's like at the Olympics. One part uses drugs and gets caught, another uses and doesn't get caught and rest don't use at all. You don't see athletes crying much about it right? That's just how it is. If admins start banning everyone spamming extremely fast macro or not say goodbye to half of the already shrinking community. And the haxball clients/anti-cheats won't work since it's so easy to slip a cheat undetected through certain layers. I will not mention how since only a small minority here would know what I mean and there's no point in bringing attention to this. All in all there will always be cheaters no matter in what, stop crying.

SuarezN7

News Articles: 1

Position: Forward

Postby P4ER » June 9th, 2019, 10:57 am

This zPooky's case is pathetic, if they'll not ban him i think many more will start using it (i'll consider it myself since i burn my hands against those teams)..
let me ask a question, how many people got punished for macro (not warning that nobody cares about, I'm talking about bans).. NONE.
How can you solve this problem? make people fear using it, its not that hard to detect.

I dont understand why players like Ced and Tortogol got banned for less... whats the point of rules.

P4ER

Postby STriker » June 9th, 2019, 11:16 am

P4ER wrote:This zPooky's case is pathetic, if they'll not ban him i think many more will start using it (i'll consider it myself since i burn my hands against those teams)..
let me ask a question, how many people got punished for macro (not warning that nobody cares about, I'm talking about bans).. NONE.
How can you solve this problem? make people fear using it, its not that hard to detect.

I dont understand why players like Ced and Tortogol got banned for less... whats the point of rules.

Why Ced got banned?

STriker

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby B4D4SS » June 9th, 2019, 12:00 pm

If you don't know how to defend spams its your problem, macro is only effective if your positioning is wrong, at least in FLASH it was. So be mad at HTML for messing up the physics making macro's become OP now.

Even normal spams without macro are broken, look at the last 2 HCL finals how the goals where scored, random spam goals that couldn't be defended even with perfect post positioning. So IDK why macro's bother people so much, your fucked either way defending spams these days.

Its not fair but SuarezN7 explained it clearly, you cant catch cheaters without proof.

This is like looking at a muscular 100m sprinter and saying 'its clear he's using steroids cus he is so ripped, so ban him cus we can all see it', it doesn't work like that, you need proof.

Maybe zPooKy has a new keyboard which allows him to press x quicker, who know? He's probably using macro but nobody know's it for sure except him.

So go quit but thats not a good case, that's just trying to bully the admins into a corner where they have no choice but to do it your way.

Last edited by B4D4SS on June 9th, 2019, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B4D4SS

Postby LaggerMet » June 9th, 2019, 12:03 pm

xd I knew somehow B4D4SS will find a way to poke at HTML haxball before reading his comment

LaggerMet

Postby B4D4SS » June 9th, 2019, 12:04 pm

LaggerMet wrote:xd I knew somehow B4D4SS will find a way to poke at HTML haxball before reading his comment

Yeah lol, but im not wrong, in FLASH good players didn't give AF about macro, only EdisonCavani. Now its become a big issue for everybody tho

B4D4SS

Postby LaggerMet » June 9th, 2019, 12:08 pm

B4D4SS wrote:
LaggerMet wrote:xd I knew somehow B4D4SS will find a way to poke at HTML haxball before reading his comment

Yeah lol, but im not wrong, in FLASH good players didn't give AF about macro, only EdisonCavani. Now its become a big issue for everybody tho

Well tbh, in my opinion at least the top players still don't use macro so I don't see any difference, it's just that macro usage became more popular these days so it is more annoying.

LaggerMet

Postby Pedy » June 9th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Could do the 2 warning system like there is now in FM and then give matchday bans which could turn into permanent if continued, again only issue is if someone gets accused of macro that doesn't use it, this is still a problem.

Pedy

Postby huub » June 9th, 2019, 12:39 pm

Would be nice to see a little example of the difference between macro and a mechanical keyboard ( as in how it looks like, not the exact number inbetween the shots ), if anyone has that, and could make a little test ? Could run that detector tool to see the differences

As i do remember some people used to upgrade the keyboard, and also changed their style alot ( more controlled wallbounces, usually stronger in corners aswell ) Lets just say more robotic.
If anyone can make a little video of both examples, and maybe even a 3rd one without any but who just spams as fast as possible, we could compare.

Because i think they're gonna look quite similair ( mechanical and macro )

In fm there used to be a similar ( same ? ) tool to detect the timing in inbetween the tics, but for some reason it was not accurate enough to use as a '' macro detector ''

As for duels, quite sure that timing and positioning is way more important than some brainless spam.
For corners though, and probably also some other technique related stuff, i think it is an advantage on someone who needs to always humanly time their x.

I also don't understand how using macro can be even rewarding ? For some kids it might be fun to troll with it in fs'es once or twice, but on a general level, what is the point

huub

Postby LaggerMet » June 9th, 2019, 1:06 pm

huub wrote:Would be nice to see a little example of the difference between macro and a mechanical keyboard ( as in how it looks like, not the exact number inbetween the shots ), if anyone has that, and could make a little test ? Could run that detector tool to see the differences

As i do remember some people used to upgrade the keyboard, and also changed their style alot ( more controlled wallbounces, usually stronger in corners aswell ) Lets just say more robotic.
If anyone can make a little video of both examples, and maybe even a 3rd one without any but who just spams as fast as possible, we could compare.

In fm there used to be a similar ( same ? ) tool to detect the timing in inbetween the tics, but for some reason it was not accurate enough to use as a '' macro detector ''

As for duels, quite sure that timing and positioning is way more important than some brainless spam.
For corners though, and probably also some other technique related stuff, i think it is an advantage on someone who needs to always humanly time their x.

I also don't understand how using macro can be even rewarding ? For some kids it might be fun to troll with it in fs'es once or twice, but on a general level, what is the point

Mechanical keyboard? In a mechanical keyboard you still need to press the X button normally... It doesn't change the fact that some players generate like 10 presses per a second which is definitely impossible for a human finger
if you wanna look at this yourself:
https://thehax.pl/forum/powtorki.php?na ... 7&t=16m17s
stop at 16:18, move to 0.25x and count the amount of presses until 16:19
if you think a human finger can do that with the right keyboard then i'll shut up

LaggerMet

Postby Zoro1 » June 9th, 2019, 1:27 pm

SuarezN7 wrote:It's like at the Olympics. One part uses drugs and gets caught, another uses and doesn't get caught and rest don't use at all. You don't see athletes crying much about it right? That's just how it is. If admins start banning everyone spamming extremely fast macro or not say goodbye to half of the already shrinking community. And the haxball clients/anti-cheats won't work since it's so easy to slip a cheat undetected through certain layers. I will not mention how since only a small minority here would know what I mean and there's no point in bringing attention to this. All in all there will always be cheaters no matter in what, stop crying.

Actually I agree, this is how my point of view is against users, like drug users in olympics. But the problem is, some people in here are using it so fkn obvious and literally telling us "hi guys im using macro and u dont im the only clever person here i can click 10 times in a sec and u cant u are stupid". This annoys me too much.

Lİke, if you wanna use macro use it, but please dont make it that obvious man come on. Attitudes are annoying me much more than using it rly.

Zoro1

Postby Zoro1 » June 9th, 2019, 1:30 pm

Guys really, don't think me like I'm a person who cares too much about this stuff but some of these guys are like just playing matches to perform their macros you know. They play just to annoy their opponents instead of playing like a human. They are so shameless that making it ultra obvious and trying to tilt their opponents in that way.

Zoro1

Postby Wenom » June 9th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Its amazing for me why you are talking about it just now. Because this problem since 2012. In the Russian community, 95% are absolutely clean players (yes 85% are bad players but its real stats), and here in Europe more than 60% are playing with this shit. And funny to know what russian community playing only BigEasy thats mean only x-spams and no more (as youre thinking about it).

For me, the most important advantage of a macro isnt spam battles, its tricks in the corners, due to which players can quickly do many things. Macro in spam battles are bad, but even worse - the tricks in the corners, this is an incredible advantage. I wont say who plays in the corners with a macro, but for me it is more of a trash than regular spam battles (when you talked about zPooKy).

Wenom

Postby Zoro1 » June 9th, 2019, 1:34 pm

P4ER wrote:This zPooky's case is pathetic, if they'll not ban him i think many more will start using it (i'll consider it myself since i burn my hands against those teams)..

Bro unless u make it too obvious that u are a macro user it's okay imo, there are infinite number of macro users in this game u know so if u ban all of them no players will be left xd. But there are some of them making it sooo fkn obvious like literally calling people "hey there im using macro guys come detect it and ban me". I think these kind of macrousers should be banned.

Zoro1

Postby Zoro1 » June 9th, 2019, 1:36 pm

Wenom wrote:Its amazing for me why you are talking about it just now. Because this problem since 2012. In the Russian community, 95% are absolutely clean players (yes 85% are bad players but its real stats), and here in Europe more than 60% are playing with this shit. And funny to know what russian community playing only BigEasy thats mean only x-spams and no more (as youre thinking about it).

For me, the most important advantage of a macro isnt spam battles, its tricks in the corners, due to which players can quickly do many things. Macro in spam battles are bad, but even worse - the tricks in the corners, this is an incredible advantage. I wont say who plays in the corners with a macro, but for me it is more of a trash than regular spam battles (when you talked about zPooKy).

I just wanted to tell my opinion about this issue, that's it xd

Zoro1

Postby Anddy » June 9th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Actually
10 presses per second is easily doable
You can watch some osu ! Or osumania plays, in very hard map they goes to 70 clic/s

Also
I'm a coder so I know how easily you can hide your macro, by for example generating a random ms number between 2 shoots
The fm macro detector can not be used since haxball is only (at least was) in 60fps, so that means 16ms between 2 ticks, not enough precise

Somehow, basro doesn't want to add something to prevent not human input though it's used in other games

As far as i'm concerned, I stopped asking for fs versus a lot of teams, because it doesn't make sense to spam 14 mins, that's not the haxball I enjoy to play, from the teams I can quote pedy's and kyrie's, I enjoyed a lot fs vs huub's tho

In fm we MUST ban every suspicious spam, not because it's cheated but because it is really really ugly af to play, it disgusts me and a lot of others
To answer to badass favorite's "it was better back in time" In HBC macro was an issue since september 2011.

Anddy

Postby Anddy » June 9th, 2019, 1:44 pm

Anddy

Postby huub » June 9th, 2019, 1:45 pm

LaggerMet wrote:
huub wrote:Would be nice to see a little example of the difference between macro and a mechanical keyboard ( as in how it looks like, not the exact number inbetween the shots ), if anyone has that, and could make a little test ? Could run that detector tool to see the differences

Mechanical keyboard? In a mechanical keyboard you still need to press the X button normally... It doesn't change the fact that some players generate like 10 presses per a second which is definitely impossible for a human finger
if you wanna look at this yourself:
https://thehax.pl/forum/powtorki.php?na ... 7&t=16m17s
stop at 16:18, move to 0.25x and count the amount of presses until 16:19
if you think a human finger can do that with the right keyboard then i'll shut up

I just tried with my shitty 10 eu 5 year old keyboard where the button needs to be fully pushed, and actually reached 10 times
https://thehax.pl/forum/powtorki.php?na ... 34dd48e70d ( starting at 9 sec )
Sure anyone with a mechanical is gonna reach more than this

I haven't counted spookys one properly, but i think there were like 12 a 13 ? a few of them could be just a push against the ball aswell.

huub

Next

Return to General Haxball Discussion