Extrapolationless server

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Re: Extrapolationless server

Postby Jowy_ » October 15th, 2021, 9:15 pm

aMp wrote:
Jowy_ wrote:
Maddude wrote:omry come play futsal bby

Unrelated, unnecessary, and discrediting my efforts, looks like I'm the only serious one about this fight. If all those who don't like this situation tried to come up with a solution and/or contact the developer, made their voice be heard, maybe something could change.
The dude before me is right, you don't deserve anyone fighting for it after you all agreed and begged in tears not to remove the command.
Just a bunch of overrated, toxic cheaters, only good to flame.
I give up already.

We tried, I mean jasko tried but yea I think the old haxball is dead sadly

How did he exactly? I guess one person isn't enough.
I get it, he won't ever remove this command, unfortunately. But, at the very least I would like to know why a function that overrides players' avatar is possible to implement, and one that overrides their extrapolation isn't.

Jowy_

News Articles: 0

Postby aMp » October 15th, 2021, 10:44 pm

Jowy_ wrote:
We tried, I mean jasko tried but yea I think the old haxball is dead sadly

How did he exactly? I guess one person isn't enough.
I get it, he won't ever remove this command, unfortunately. But, at the very least I would like to know why a function that overrides players' avatar is possible to implement, and one that overrides their extrapolation isn't.[/quote]

Man Its obviously that they don't want to do it or even create it why do you think HTML has been added only in the last year of flash? He doesn't care what players actually think he just care that at the end of the day that some people play this game and he still has money from us (and adds)

You are defined by two things:
The patience when you've got nothing.
and the attitude when you've got everything.
aMp

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Jowy_ » October 15th, 2021, 11:15 pm

aMp wrote:Man Its obviously that they don't want to do it or even create it why do you think HTML has been added only in the last year of flash? He doesn't care what players actually think he just care that at the end of the day that some people play this game and he still has money from us (and adds)

They thought it was necessary to add useless functions such as setPlayerAvatar, onRoomLink, and many more, but not the most important one to solve a crucial debate. They covered everything but this, incredible.
Yes, I know he doesn't give a fuck. Stupid those that visit this website without AdBlock, I dare say.
I just wish more people raised their voice on GitHub or something. Looking forward to his answer on my latest issue, want to hear what his explanation is regarding this function. I know he won't reply though. How do people even manage to get replies from him? Bah.

Jowy_

Postby lsco » October 15th, 2021, 11:46 pm

Jowy_ wrote:

Unrelated, unnecessary, and discrediting my efforts, looks like I'm the only serious one about this fight. If all those who don't like this situation tried to come up with a solution and/or contact the developer, made their voice be heard, maybe something could change.
The dude before me is right, you don't deserve anyone fighting for it after you all agreed and begged in tears not to remove the command.
I give up already.

Jasko basically tried everything you can think of. We both actually spoke to Basro maybe 2 years ago (when he still had the patience to answer our questions).
All I can say is that I'd be very surprised if he ever replied to your thread. People like us trying to talk him into improving the game are a pain in the ass to him, as far as I'm concerned.

lsco

Postby hxgd » October 16th, 2021, 9:20 am

You guys don't understand, still. Basro is a developer. He don't play the game as much as you. And when he plays, he plays with 0 extrapolation because he has no problems with input lag or either he's not playing competitive so he won't need to eliminate his input delay or another sceneraio is he is used to play Flash (since he is the creator of game) and 10 years experience of 0 extrapolation he doesn't think extrapolation is necessary. At first, he added this command "for people who is having input lag issues", it was not a command for everyone either he didn't added this code to change game mechanics. But everyone find that as a advantage because someone started to dominate game with 200 extrapolation and everyone find out that playing with extrapolation is way more easier than without extrapolation. So after all, he won't gonna do anything about extrapolation unless you transfer Basro to your team and let him play a game; which he has to get the ball out from corner for 15 minutes straight.

Also supporting what Isco said, it's a broken game. Game developer didn't care about the game as much as you guys did. So there is no need to play this game. It's also funny that people who says this is a dead game but still tryharding to win div1.

hxgd

Position: Forward

Postby aMp » October 16th, 2021, 10:03 am

Punisher wrote:You guys don't understand, still. Basro is a developer. He don't play the game as much as you. And when he plays, he plays with 0 extrapolation because he has no problems with input lag or either he's not playing competitive so he won't need to eliminate his input delay or another sceneraio is he is used to play Flash (since he is the creator of game) and 10 years experience of 0 extrapolation he doesn't think extrapolation is necessary. At first, he added this command "for people who is having input lag issues", it was not a command for everyone either he didn't added this code to change game mechanics. But everyone find that as a advantage because someone started to dominate game with 200 extrapolation and everyone find out that playing with extrapolation is way more easier than without extrapolation. So after all, he won't gonna do anything about extrapolation unless you transfer Basro to your team and let him play a game; which he has to get the ball out from corner for 15 minutes straight.

Also supporting what Isco said, it's a broken game. Game developer didn't care about the game as much as you guys did. So there is no need to play this game. It's also funny that people who says this is a dead game but still tryharding to win div1.

hahaha you are one of those who thinks that basro is really good on his own game but he isn't, He didn't play in any leagues for 5 years (since the Argentina 3v3 league)
and I don't think he even knows about HaxBall anymore because he has also another 3 4 games

You are defined by two things:
The patience when you've got nothing.
and the attitude when you've got everything.
aMp

Postby Jowy_ » October 16th, 2021, 10:53 am

lsco wrote:
Jowy_ wrote:

I give up already.

Jasko basically tried everything you can think of. We both actually spoke to Basro maybe 2 years ago (when he still had the patience to answer our questions).
All I can say is that I'd be very surprised if he ever replied to your thread. People like us trying to talk him into improving the game are a pain in the ass to him, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know if my solution had ever been suggested, at least I think I read all the topics on the matter and no one ever mentioned adding this specific function (directly set without having to get the player's value, which was the custom js bypassable part). I see jasko talked about making a standalone app, which I can understand requires a greater amount of time and effort than adding a simple function to the API...
Either way, thanks for letting me know he doesn't care anymore to answer a single question from us. Whatever bit of hope was left is now lost.

Punisher wrote:You guys don't understand, still. Basro is a developer. He don't play the game as much as you. And when he plays, he plays with 0 extrapolation because he has no problems with input lag or either he's not playing competitive so he won't need to eliminate his input delay or another sceneraio is he is used to play Flash (since he is the creator of game) and 10 years experience of 0 extrapolation he doesn't think extrapolation is necessary. At first, he added this command "for people who is having input lag issues", it was not a command for everyone either he didn't added this code to change game mechanics. But everyone find that as a advantage because someone started to dominate game with 200 extrapolation and everyone find out that playing with extrapolation is way more easier than without extrapolation. So after all, he won't gonna do anything about extrapolation unless you transfer Basro to your team and let him play a game; which he has to get the ball out from corner for 15 minutes straight.

Why are you trying to imagine and invent these scenarios? He was the one who implemented extrapolation, so I really doubt he didn't test it for more than 2 minutes straight, also even if he played for 10 years like you said, doesn't mean he could easily defeat extrapolated players with 0 and don't notice the difference. Trust me, years of experience don't matter... 1 minute of gameplay is more than enough to notice the big difference with and without extra.
He knows it, he says it makes no difference just to pathetically try to cover his ass from his big mistake.

Punisher wrote:Also supporting what Isco said, it's a broken game. Game developer didn't care about the game as much as you guys did. So there is no need to play this game. It's also funny that people who says this is a dead game but still tryharding to win div1.

I agree with this part, and the funniest part is: tryharding to win WITH extrapolation 200. :D Hypocrisy level max.

Jowy_

Postby hxgd » October 16th, 2021, 3:40 pm

aMp wrote:hahaha you are one of those who thinks that basro is really good on his own game but he isn't, He didn't play in any leagues for 5 years (since the Argentina 3v3 league)
and I don't think he even knows about HaxBall anymore because he has also another 3 4 games

In my message where I said that "basro is really good in his game" ??? you act like delusional, I talked about different possibilities not gave a fact.

Jowy_ wrote:
I don't know if my solution had ever been suggested, at least I think I read all the topics on the matter and no one ever mentioned adding this specific function (directly set without having to get the player's value, which was the custom js bypassable part). I see jasko talked about making a standalone app, which I can understand requires a greater amount of time and effort than adding a simple function to the API...
Either way, thanks for letting me know he doesn't care anymore to answer a single question from us. Whatever bit of hope was left is now lost.

Why are you trying to imagine and invent these scenarios? He was the one who implemented extrapolation, so I really doubt he didn't test it for more than 2 minutes straight, also even if he played for 10 years like you said, doesn't mean he could easily defeat extrapolated players with 0 and don't notice the difference. Trust me, years of experience don't matter... 1 minute of gameplay is more than enough to notice the big difference with and without extra.
He knows it, he says it makes no difference just to pathetically try to cover his ass from his big mistake.

Incase if you don't know, I'm the original founder of customJs thing. First I give it to my friend. And told him to not give anyone, then he go and gave it to the some fucking autists in haxballclub league. And then it spreaded faster than Islam. Do I regret what I did? Yes. Because I give these dogs a haxball career. :) Trust me a lot of Turkish players were DOG before this customJs appeared in the scene. XDDD

Also I opened a thread back in the days in this forum about it. All he needs to do is making a Electron based app. He's just gonna put game inside that electron app and remove access from browsers. It's fucking easy, I still don't understand why he doesn't want to do it. If he do that, there is possibility to crack but not everyone can do it. They will need me again but this time I'm not going to spoodfeed 200-220 extra dogs. So he can limit to 50 and we all chill.

hxgd

Position: Forward

Postby Jowy_ » October 16th, 2021, 5:10 pm

Punisher wrote:
aMp wrote:hahaha you are one of those who thinks that basro is really good on his own game but he isn't, He didn't play in any leagues for 5 years (since the Argentina 3v3 league)

In my message where I said that "basro is really good in his game" ??? you act like delusional, I talked about different possibilities not gave a fact.

Jowy_ wrote:

Incase if you don't know, I'm the original founder of customJs thing. First I give it to my friend. And told him to not give anyone, then he go and gave it to the some fucking autists in haxballclub league. And then it spreaded faster than Islam. Do I regret what I did? Yes. Because I give these dogs a haxball career. :) Trust me a lot of Turkish players were DOG before this customJs appeared in the scene. XDDD

Also I opened a thread back in the days in this forum about it. All he needs to do is making a Electron based app. He's just gonna put game inside that electron app and remove access from browsers. It's fucking easy, I still don't understand why he doesn't want to do it. If he do that, there is possibility to crack but not everyone can do it. They will need me again but this time I'm not going to spoodfeed 200-220 extra dogs. So he can limit to 50 and we all chill.

Oh, I didn't know. Nice friend you have right there.
I know plenty of Turkish players go look for these exploits and use them, as shown by YouTube videos. Not only them, the world is full of these cancerous players that would be utter noobs without the cheat. But once again, the main culpable is Basro in the first place, he made those vulnerabilities and now won't fix them.
So, is this only useful to bypass the extrapolation limit? And do you think the game is actually playable with that much extra, since it's already so shaky on 200?

I don't know how app porting works, but if it's that easy, I guess he either doesn't care or discarded the option for the security reasons you mentioned above. If you meant that extrapolation would be crackable even in the app version, and I haven't misunderstood, he probably thought the whole process would be useless after all.

Jowy_

Previous

Return to General Haxball Discussion