Hot take on extrapolation

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Hot take on extrapolation

Postby EdinsonCavani » June 25th, 2021, 3:03 pm

Playing with extrapolation doesn't require any skill, in fact only 5% of players before HTML could get real skills after mastering 0 extrapolation mechanics, today everyone is abusing extrapolation spamming X with 150+ extra and the meta is playing with fake flashes, I'm sure in a couple of years someone who plays daily on this game can experience epilepsy (i'm not joking). Open a room, set extrapolation 0 and try to play, so maybe you can understand how much "hard work" there was before getting good at this game without "cheating". Why am I using the word "cheat"? Extrapolation is nothing more than a cheat for deleting frames, so you can get faster, I consider everything which changes mechanics a "cheat"

Actually you have no option, you can't play without extrapolation, you need to use it or many players will always outclass you, so you have to play with it, you can't enjoy the game without lags, bugs or whatever, it should be interesting if you could create a side league where people has to play with 0 extrapolation.

EdinsonCavani

Re: Hot take on extrapolation

Postby SuarezN7 » June 25th, 2021, 3:14 pm

#FLASHFM2022

SuarezN7

News Articles: 1

Position: Forward

Postby Clinical Striker » June 25th, 2021, 3:48 pm

I hate Basro more than any game developer tbh. Extrapolation is a fine option to make your PC adapt to the game, that's what Basro thinks. Okay, you put the extra but why the hell do you have a glitch in your game which is abused by everyone including me? All he has to do is remove that shit but he doesn't care about this game. This game would have been so much more (the viewership of the games in 2011-2012-2013 were crazy compared to today's viewership) than it is now but it is not the case since it has the shittiest game developer ever. He's only good for adding emojis to avatars.

Clinical Striker

News Articles: 0

Postby lsco » June 25th, 2021, 4:24 pm

By today Basro knows adding the extrapolation feature was a mistake, he just thinks that if he removes it everyone will complain and that its too late already (unfortunately)

lsco

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby chuck d fresh » June 25th, 2021, 4:40 pm

lsco wrote:By today Basro knows adding the extrapolation feature was a mistake, he just thinks that if he removes it everyone will complain and that its too late already (unfortunately)

Better late than never

chuck d fresh

Postby Lisbon » June 25th, 2021, 4:51 pm

He changed the maximum value of extrapolation to 50ms at some point, but the criticism was at such level that he had to put it again

Lisbon

Postby Mey » June 25th, 2021, 5:14 pm

Game used to be so much better when u had to grind in order to get better

Mey

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Masa » June 25th, 2021, 5:33 pm

Extrapolation is the worst shit ever, by the end of flash I was already starting to play well and catch ball control and many other things. It took me years but I finally made it, suddenly basro, fuck him in the ass, added extrapolation and every fucking dickhead, cocksuckers fucking loser could type /extrapolation 200 and act cool.

The problem with extrapolation is that it's addictive and after some time it's not enough anymore, I started with 10, then 20, 40, 100 up to the maximum of 200. Believe it or not I can't see half of the match I play because everything teleports so much, but I can't do it any other way because on smaller values I would feel like a fucking tank.

This would probably end my career, but I'd rather see basro grow some balls and turn that option off.

Masa

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Anddy » June 25th, 2021, 8:17 pm

One argument he said that is rarely mentionned to keep the extrapolation

It WOULD theorically be possible by some hacks, to use extrapolation even if it is entirely removed

It WOULD probably take some times, days, weeks or months, to hack the extrapolation, as it is "easy" since haxball is a Browser game, but once hacked, he litterally have no choice left, and he stated that because of this reason he can not rollback the extrapolation update forever

(just reporting his argument, not giving my opinion)

Anddy

Postby B4D4SS » June 25th, 2021, 10:05 pm

I did try telling you all before HTML was released to ask basro to maintain the Flash physics, but only me and like 10 guys bothered.

Haxball on HTML was unskilled even before Extrapolation, which just made it worse.

Flash had structure in the field, that made it more like a game of chess, than what it is now rock-paper-scissors, tactically speaking.

B4D4SS

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby aeRo » June 26th, 2021, 12:26 pm

you were all trash on flash and you are all trash on html

aeRo
Elder of da Realm

Postby Maddude » June 26th, 2021, 3:01 pm

Blame Cvrk :shock: