How to do good rocket?

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

How to do good rocket?

Postby s1lv1 » May 26th, 2021, 7:01 pm

Hello.

I've been playing for a couple of months now. I know and can do most tricks, but the most problematic is the rocket. Flat rocket along the wall comes out perfectly every time, but I have a problem with the rocket being shot at the goal. Usually the ball escapes somewhere further away or just such a flat shot comes out. :)

What am I doing wrong? Where is the key to a good rocket? Map: Classic/Big.

s1lv1

News Articles: 0

Re: How to do good rocket?

Postby EdinsonCavani » May 26th, 2021, 7:26 pm

You don't even need skill nowadays, just set extrapolation higher and your ball control will be better and making rockets will be a lot easier.

the command is /extrapolation ?? (where you have to put a number instead of ??)

minimum is 0, maximum is 200

EdinsonCavani

Postby belvis » May 27th, 2021, 6:24 am

put big training, and train, train train.

belvis

Position: Forward

Postby socrates » May 27th, 2021, 7:44 am

The 2nd kick might be too quick or at a bad angle for the ball to go towards goal. Try recording yourself and watch in slow mo what is happening. Keep trying and you'll get it.

Believe in yourself, the ball is not another object it is just an extension of you and it will go where you want! :thumbup:

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby s1lv1 » May 27th, 2021, 8:27 pm

The 2nd kick might be too quick or at a bad angle for the ball to go towards goal

I have a problem with the right reflection angle. Once it is too big, the ball bounces, and when it is too small, a flat rocket flies.
I know these are supposed to be two kicks one after the other, but should this be done quickly one after the other?

Does it affect rocket that the ball is kind of pushed with arrows? Should any arrow be held for longer? Sometimes I see in the movies that during rocket, the players fly limp to the board, as if they were holding the arrow after the shot until the end...

s1lv1

Postby Ryuk » May 27th, 2021, 10:45 pm

Yazuneh#9225 on discord can help u with practice

Ryuk

Position: Forward

Return to General Haxball Discussion