Linux vs Windows 10

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Linux vs Windows 10

Postby Brumaa » April 17th, 2021, 6:48 pm

Hi all, as you know, the game is very slippy on windows 10. At least 65 extrapolation is needed to play properly. Hence, I wonder if anyone played the game both on windows 10 and any of the Linux systems. Does it matter, is the input delay same? Thanks.

Brumaa

News Articles: 0

Re: Linux vs Windows 10

Postby Maybe » April 19th, 2021, 8:06 am

I wouldn't say it's about windows or linux , it just depends on your pc .
As long as you have a smooth experience thanks to great pc specs , both are fine .
If by slippy you mean that you feel like your arrows aren't reactive , kinda with an input delay , you can either increase extrapolation or get used to it , it's not a windows issue .
It used to be a trend where people were playing with 180 extrapolation , so 65 is not that high .
I've been playing on Mint for years , with 180 extra , both on chrome and firefox , and it was fine .

Maybe

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Adem Ljajić » April 19th, 2021, 8:19 am

Im using Macbook Pro with MacOS operating system, but its actually based on Linux. 1-2 years ago i tried to play with Windows system and i can say Windows was better. Also PC hardwares ofcourse was different.

I only want to say if you are playing GK with laptop its really difficult as you said game is very slippy but if you are playing DM / AM / ST it could be better with laptop. Because when i was playing with desktop computer & Windows, it was really difficult to lose ball control.

My advice is if you dont have gaming pc with high hardwares, you need to use lower Windows versions. Then operating system will use less RAM or CPU. Also in my theory, if your RAM better than your graphic card, you need to use Mozilla based browsers because it uses mostly RAM. If your graphic card is better try to use Google Chrome, Opera GX, Opera, Chromium, Brave etc. etc.

Thats why in these days i quit to play as GK because i think its my maximum limit with this laptop.

P.S: I dont have any idea about gaming laptops, as you guys know Macbook compatible only for business softwares, not ideal for games.

Last edited by Adem Ljajić on April 19th, 2021, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You hold the answers deep within your own mind
Consciously, you've forgotten it
That's the way the human mind works:
Whenever something is too unpleasant
Too shameful for us to entertain
We reject it
We erase it from our memories
But the imprint is always there.
Adem Ljajić

Position: Defensive Midfielder
Division 1 Winner: Stiff Wind
Cup Runner-up: Stiff Wind
Division 2 Winner: Banfield
Cup Winner: Banfield

Postby Brumaa » April 19th, 2021, 12:38 pm

I opened that topic since I have two different laptops at home, while one is w7, the other one is w10. Although w10 laptop has better specs, the game has less input delay on w7 laptop with the same extra. Since Linux is lighter than w10, I thougt it'd have less input delay. So, I guess it is better to rephrase it like that: having a laptop with 8 GB ram and a ssd, which os would have less input delay; w10 or Linux mint?

Thanks for your answers

Brumaa

Postby Adem Ljajić » April 19th, 2021, 1:02 pm

Brumaa wrote:I opened that topic since I have two different laptops at home, while one is w7, the other one is w10. Although w10 laptop has better specs, the game has less input delay on w7 laptop with the same extra. Since Linux is lighter than w10, I thougt it'd have less input delay. So, I guess it is better to rephrase it like that: having a laptop with 8 GB ram and a ssd, which os would have less input delay; w10 or Linux mint?

Thanks for your answers

I bet Linux is better. Basically Linux will use less RAM & GPU than Windows and problem solved.

You hold the answers deep within your own mind
Consciously, you've forgotten it
That's the way the human mind works:
Whenever something is too unpleasant
Too shameful for us to entertain
We reject it
We erase it from our memories
But the imprint is always there.
Adem Ljajić

Position: Defensive Midfielder
Division 1 Winner: Stiff Wind