Standalone App #savehaxball

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Standalone App #savehaxball

Postby Maradona8 » September 20th, 2020, 5:49 am

Everyone knows that high extrapolation values are ruining the gameplay and nowadays almost everyone is using more than 150ms. And even there is some braindead chickens using extrapolation values more than 200ms with some extensions.

Let's make a petition to force our lovely and favorite game developer Mario Carbajal aka Basro to make a standalone application for Haxball.

As far as you know he can't put a limit on extrapolation because there is couple browser extensions that "helps" people to edit source code and inject to page. So his hands are tied 'for now'.

But if he makes a web based standalone application, which doesn't have any local files and gets everything from website. No one can edit source code and we can have extrapolation limit for 50 and we can bring old and beautiful haxball again.

With the technical terms, it is the only way to save haxball. Because the standalone application will get the source code and all of the files from haxball.com. As far as it is not Google Chrome, people will not be able to install extensions on that application and that way no more customjs extension and that means no one can bypass the limit and finally he can limit extrapolation to 50. I'm not a supporter of completely removing it because 50 is a good value, people can't abuse it. It's like 0 but a bit less input delay which is perfect value to set as limit.

AND IT'S VERY SIMPLE! Yes, an electron based application just like Maze's one for HaxballClub.com will fix everything. In his (Maze) standalone application he just embedded the game from haxball.com URL's to his application and it works perfectly. I mean Basro doesn't even need to rewrite the game or change stuff in the game or even change ANYTHING. All he needs to do is embedding his game to an electron based application and disabling Haxball in browsers which same thing like Discord.com like when you open their website they want you to download their software in order to use their platform(i know you can use it from web but basro will not do this). Like that, just put a download button in the homepage of haxball.com so if theres someone wants to play that game they can download maximum 15-20mb application and enjoy the game.

It will take a bit time to everyone get used to old beautiful game, mostly people have more than 85 extrapolation. Of course a lot of retards will cry about it but that's the only way to save our beloved game at 10th anniversary.

All I want to know is do you really enjoy 4v4 big nowadays? Where people only gets into spambattles and %99 of the time abusing ball at corners, 0 creativity same boring shit every fs every official every tournament. Is this really enjoyable? If you say no it's not enjoyable anymore, then let's #savehaxball

Maradona8

News Articles: 0

Re: Standalone App #savehaxball

Postby GirlontaR » September 20th, 2020, 7:11 am

I'm pretty sure he's already working for a standalone app. Just you wait.

GirlontaR

Postby ShimShon » September 20th, 2020, 7:21 am

please punish me mr punisher :oops: :oops:

ShimShon

Position: Forward

Postby Allen » September 20th, 2020, 7:24 am

I dont think this will bring flash haxball back at all or succeed giving the fact most people got used to playing with extra alrdy

Allen

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby jasko » September 20th, 2020, 10:41 am

I want it for a long time now, but for different reasons. All of these browser limitations (mainly input lag, that caused extrapolation to become a thing) would be gone with a properly made standalone app, but that would mean basro would have to rewrite the whole code, that's not a small job. If we reach a point where there's little to no input lag for everyone, then extrapolation is not needed - no one will complain, because the game will be playable as is, but he could still leave extrapolation in the game to add some variety (30-50extra max, or add a feature for host to set a max number or make extrapolation number visible next to players' names in the menu).

But yeah... I agree that only a few people still enjoy playing fs, it's like you said, always the same, boring, repetitive, same people abusing same things, playing risky on the verge of trolling is the only way to enjoy it, but most of us rather focus on officials, where winning actually means something, tho with meta being changed in recent times, even the gameplay there isn't so enjoyable and you don't profit much from playing smart anymore, but oh well, we'll see if basro comes up with a surprise. :)

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby aeRo » September 20th, 2020, 4:52 pm

just play real sport, no input lag there

aeRo
Elder of da Realm

Postby jasko » September 20th, 2020, 5:35 pm

some of us play haxball as a hobby, because we can't do sports :D

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

Postby Barca » September 20th, 2020, 8:07 pm

Somehow i enjoy when im playing

Barca

News Articles: 4

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby B4D4SS » September 20th, 2020, 8:12 pm

I support this, not because removing extrapolation will fix the gameplay, but because you will then realise its the raw HTML gameplay which needs fixing - when you cant blame extrapolation anymore.

B4D4SS

Postby KeithPeters » April 6th, 2024, 3:26 am

All of these browser limitations (mainly input lag, that caused extrapolation to become a thing) would be gone with a properly made standalone app, but that would mean basro would have to rewrite the whole code, that's not a small job.

KeithPeters

Postby KeithPeters » April 10th, 2024, 6:56 am

All of these browser limitations (mainly input lag, that caused extrapolation to become a thing) would be gone with a properly made standalone app android games , but that would mean basro would have to rewrite the whole code, that's not a small job.

KeithPeters

Return to General Haxball Discussion