RIP HCL

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Re: RIP HCL

Postby Kivi » April 11th, 2019, 7:20 pm

It isn't HTML's fault, the game is just dead. People are moving on after realizing that they just played it for nostalgia. Also, the base community from years ago became way older and has no time to deal with Haxball again. It was just a matter of time.

Kivi

News Articles: 0

Position: Forward

Postby EdinsonCavani » May 7th, 2019, 10:12 am

The game is dead in 2015, if you believed you played a competitive game maybe you haven't played it in its best moments (2012-2013-2014-2015), I remember when I take my matches with a lot of anxiety for the result. ESL ladders, ESL Cups, Your e-Sports League were full of competitiveness (giving you an example, in 2014 only in Italy there were 4 divisions and 60 teams, right now it's hard to find a public room in EU), Great people and legendary players. The only reason for that you're discussing about Haxball is the feedMe League, the only reason for that this game isn't completely dead. Every game has a date of birth & a date of death, the death on Haxball was maybe in 2015 when this game started to decline. We had the luck to enjoy this game when it was actually good :D

EdinsonCavani

Postby B4D4SS » May 7th, 2019, 5:51 pm

EdinsonCavani wrote:The game is dead in 2015, if you believed you played a competitive game maybe you haven't played it in its best moments (2012-2013-2014-2015), I remember when I take my matches with a lot of anxiety for the result. ESL ladders, ESL Cups, Your e-Sports League were full of competitiveness (giving you an example, in 2014 only in Italy there were 4 divisions and 60 teams, right now it's hard to find a public room in EU), Great people and legendary players. The only reason for that you're discussing about Haxball is the feedMe League, the only reason for that this game isn't completely dead. Every game has a date of birth & a date of death, the death on Haxball was maybe in 2015 when this game started to decline. We had the luck to enjoy this game when it was actually good :D

Was the game was slowly declining? Yes - because it had 0 advertisement except YouTube videos, and people grow up and have less time to play, while less and less new players join because its not the hot new game anymore.

It wasn't because of the gameplay though, that is one thing people always enjoyed so much in Haxball. Renbeaudach summarised it best - 'After a few games of running around like a headless chicken in public rooms the simplistic seeming but surprisingly deep game play had me beguiled immediately.'

Now the rate of people quitting Haxball is MUCH quicker since HTML5 was released. Why? Because the gameplay was changed slightly, and it took away the key aspect of that made Haxball so addicting and satisfying to play - 'the simplistic seeming but surprisingly deep game' - This is much less true in HTML.

On average most people prefer the old gameplay. Its more fun, addicting, much more depth, more fun skills and jukes, higher skill ceiling, therefore better for competitive games + casual pub games. This new gameplay has made existing players quit faster, and potential new players don't get addicted to Haxball anymore at the same rate they used to.

B4D4SS

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Anddy » May 7th, 2019, 6:49 pm

Oh badass cmon i like you but could you please shut the fuck up about your fucking html/flash war ? It's been 3 years you keep crying every month about this shit, we do not care.

Anddy

Postby Herna » May 7th, 2019, 7:04 pm

As long as i have fun playing Haxball it won't ever die :.)

Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby Per » May 7th, 2019, 7:17 pm

stop crying omg about html or flash your life is haxbal or what every day you write smth about html and flash what a kiddo

Per

Position: Forward

Postby Allen » May 7th, 2019, 7:22 pm

Anddy wrote:Oh badass cmon i like you but could you please shut the fuck up about your fucking html/flash war ? It's been 3 years you keep crying every month about this shit, we do not care.

3 years what?

Allen

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Anddy » May 7th, 2019, 8:07 pm

Can't remember when html came up

Anddy

Postby Lyreco » May 7th, 2019, 8:16 pm

almost 1 year ago i think