FM Season 3 Mock Draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.Season 3 Draft, This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.Trades and Signs, This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.Free Agency, This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.Schedules, This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.Match Reports and Statistics, This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.Reserve League, This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.Season 3 Awards

FM Season 3 Mock Draft

Postby Barry » February 19th, 2012, 5:53 pm

Inspired by the mock drafts that take place almost everywhere on the net before the NFL draft (http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php), this is the season 3 mock draft (sponsored by Arriba HC)

I will name each team and who I think is likely to be signed.

So with much ado, here it is.

DIVISION 1

Pick: Lloyd Banks

Bit of a controversial choice, as Aidan will adamantly deny it, but DM really need to put their first pick to good use. With Kambu left and probably not coming back, they have a huge void to fill. Klinsa goes a long way into filling this gap, but the depth required in Div1, means they'll need another quality player to add depth to their squad. I reckon this could be a great season for Klinsa, so they don't need to draft another midfielder.

Pick: Maddude

With Adarax reportedly admitting a GK wouldn't be his highest priority, Chefs will probably miss the chance to draft CircleBoy. However, in a comparable case to DM, they need depth elsewhere and Mad will offer that. He is also now a GK (lul) so he could solve their defensive issues. I think they may come to regret ignoring CB though.

Pick: CircleBoy

With Chefs skipped over CB, ACDP find themselves in an extremely strong position. Their decision to cut Usopp seemed brave at the time and it may just pay off. They have a strong squad already, but with Ghoat pulled into hosting duty on a regular basis, they need a strong defensive presence to fill that gap. I predict them to finish top of the newly promoted sides.

Pick: Romero

Don't know anything about any of Girgenson's friends, and I'm told he's after Romero, so there you go.

Pick: Menso

Lekum will want to bolster a squad that already contains a strong spine. Cookies is arguably one of the best GK's on the site, but questions have been raised about his availability next season. Rvilla would be a strong choice, but Menso will offer regular attendance and he's a nice chap to boot.

Pick: Mick

Mick has been around for a while, and even though he had a troubled campaign last season, i think he deserves his chance. GOKU will spot the potential he offers and add to a mid/fwd partnership in GOKU/Rising that was extremely successful last season. Rising has improved and improved and will challenge Deer for top goalscorer next year.

Pick: Booba

Edgar will disagree with me for this pick, but I think Cath will go for Booba. He already has a German influence in the team with Attax and Booba will offer just as much. Extremely active on TS, he'll add quality depth to a squad that needs goals. I worry that they won't score enough again, but they won't concede many either.

Pick: Socrates

Jonny is unpredictable. They need an experienced 4th player for cup duty and Soc fits that bill. However, he's not avaliable all season. With not much to go on, this is all I can predict.

Barry

News Articles: 0

Re: FM Season 3 Mock Draft

Postby socrates » February 19th, 2012, 6:13 pm

A few of these would surprise me but very nicely done thread barry :D

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby Barry » February 19th, 2012, 6:21 pm

Got Division 2 to do yet :D

Barry

Postby Lekumberri » February 19th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Interesting to see what are the people's bets. :p

Maybe they're right or wrong... we'll see soon.

Lekumberri

Postby MoMo » February 19th, 2012, 6:28 pm

Sexy thread, Nice work!

MoMo

Postby Girgensons » February 19th, 2012, 7:07 pm

No idea from where you got this, but I'm not going to lie, you're spot on.

And, really, apart from the lulz, there's no point for me to hide my draft picks - my 'friends' just won't play in other teams, so anyone picking them would simply throw their draft pick in the bin and have a team with no reserves. 8)

Girgensons

Division 1 Winner: Season 4
Season 5

Postby Aidan » February 19th, 2012, 7:22 pm

Thats what you call cheating.

Aidan

Division 1 Winner: Season 3
Division 2 Winner: Season 2

Postby Edgar Davids » February 19th, 2012, 7:24 pm

Through my sources. Image

And it's a draft, other people are allowed to sign them. If they do sign them and then they quit from the team, they won't be able to sign for another team for 4 weeks which is a fair chunk of the season.

Edgar Davids

Postby Barry » February 19th, 2012, 7:48 pm

DIVISION 2

Pick: Ace000

Cheese is in a string position as he doesn't need to draft a keeper. He will look for a striker and I think Ace000 is the best option for the time. Easily one of the best finishers on FM, it'll be interesting to see what sort of impact he has on Div2.

Pick: Usopp

The first thing Poppy will look to address is his keeper. Usopp getting this far in the draft will hugely benefit Poppy as he can pick him up and solve this issue instantly. Usopp was unlucky to be cut from ACDP, but will find himself in a strong team nonetheless.

Pick: George Best

The fact that Best has got this far in the draft is disappointing, but one man's loss is another man's gain. Edgar will benefit with having a strong and experienced forward.

Pick: Zizou (from Deja) traded for her first round pick. Deja - Fr1sky

In this trade, she can draft a reliable experienced player and not have to worry about who's gonna be left. In Fr1sky, Deja will draft a guy with a lot of skill already and a lot of potential to build on.

Pick: I don't even know

I don't know who we're signing yet and I can't really predict. So watch this space.

Pick: Alec Baldwin

Kun will want some defensive depth to add to his squad, which should push for the Div2 title. Alec is an FM veteran who's coming back after a season break to tear shit up.

Pick: Joehan

This is a no-brainer. Tanzim has wanted to resign him since he was cut and this shouldn't change. Joe has been in good form lately and with regular haxball, he'll get better. He shouldn't drink though.

Pick: X

X shouldn't have got this far down, but as with other players, it will benefit another captain. Ovo has an already strong squad, so adding a pedigree striker to the ranks is a smart move. However, with Cribs hinting at retirement, does he need another mid?

Barry

Postby Adarax » February 19th, 2012, 8:58 pm

Pretty spot on, wow.

Adarax

Cup Winner: Season 2

Postby naby » February 19th, 2012, 9:38 pm

Mine's wrong, I've since changed my mind. :)

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

News Articles: 10

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Barry » February 19th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Rachel wrote:Mine's wrong, I've since changed my mind. :)

God damn you rach

Barry

Postby Zizou » February 19th, 2012, 9:50 pm

Im not going to play for this La Hore...

Zizou

Cup Runner-up: Season 2

Postby Maddude » February 19th, 2012, 10:10 pm

Girgensons wrote:No idea from where you got this, but I'm not going to lie, you're spot on.

And, really, apart from the lulz, there's no point for me to hide my draft picks - my 'friends' just won't play in other teams, so anyone picking them would simply throw their draft pick in the bin and have a team with no reserves. 8)

If players refuse to play and don't turn up on purpose they get retired :> GG.

Co-Founder of Feed Me Community!
Maddude
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 4

Division 1 Winner: Every time except once
Cup Runner-up: Never
Division 2 Winner: Just the once
Cup Winner: Every time

Postby OvoXo » February 20th, 2012, 1:06 pm

Barry great tactics, telling everyone who their predictions are causing a storm and keeping yourself hidden so no-one picks who you want to pick. Smart thinking my man

OvoXo

News Articles: 1

Postby naby » February 20th, 2012, 1:27 pm

Maddude wrote:
Girgensons wrote:No idea from where you got this, but I'm not going to lie, you're spot on.

If players refuse to play and don't turn up on purpose they get retired :> GG.

checkmate girgyfag :>

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

News Articles: 10

Postby Lekumberri » February 20th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Better take it easy, it's a good job, interesting and funny. Image

Lekumberri

Postby CircleBoy » February 20th, 2012, 2:45 pm

Looks like I'm going to ACDP

works for me

CircleBoy

News Articles: 2

Postby Barry » February 20th, 2012, 3:01 pm

OvoXo wrote:Barry great tactics, telling everyone who their predictions are causing a storm and keeping yourself hidden so no-one picks who you want to pick. mart thinking my man

Our picks are all sorted.

gg

Barry

Return to Season 3