Matchday one review

Matchday one review

Postby Guest » October 3rd, 2011, 7:42 pm

For weeks, this league has been highly anticipated, and now it's finally got underway. Yes, this is the real thing that everyone has been hyped up about. So, how did it go then. Well, there were plenty of thrills and spills in this opening week of fixtures for the new Haxball League, season one...

Cathelico's 0-3 CircleBoy's

With Cathelico's tipped highly to be the victorious team in this affair, CircleBoy's team went out with no worries or pressure. For the first few minutes ,the game began slowly, with both teams attempting their best to keep the other at bay. But then, space suddenly broke out for Aidan, who did not hesitate to play a brilliant, astute overhanging ball across Cathalio and the goalposts, which was met by the angular running through the defence of V-11. He slotted the ball home simply.

After the break, there was the introduction of DEVINURDOG, who was bound to provide pace within CircleBoy's team. That pace paid, when a loose cross from opc was met by DEVINURDOG, who made a big clearance out of his danger zone, which was met by V-11, who took his time in dragging the ball into the net. One more goal followed this, where another loose ball was capitalized on by V-11, who slotted the ball in from the halfway line, before an incoming block from Maddude could get there. Overall, a convincing win for CircleBoy's to defy the odds, but disappointment for Cathelico's who were without the absent Blazing.

Jonny's 3-2 socrates

Jonny's team made some work of what was predicted beforehand to become a convincing victory for their team. Two sudden goals from socrate's team, who he himself was absent, and left the Haxball Community wondering what was going to happen next. But Jonny's did pull a goal back before the interval Going into half time, decisions were to be made, and Jonny's team were to up their game. They equalized within minutes, and then, towards the end, deerhaunter99 scored a stunned cross-cum-shot, with defied the goalkeeper for socrates. So, in the end, Jonny's team left happily, but socrates team have some pondering to do, after letting a two goal lead slip.

I think that Jonny's have gone home feeling grateful for their victory. socrate's team did themselves proud, and went all the way, with nearly a positive outcome in the end.

Donny's 5-1 Leftovers

An expectedly big victory for Donny's team, who opened the scoring straight away by some neat finishing from GOKU, who was to form a good partnership with rising throughout the match. But the Leftovers had some good work, equalizing, when Griffin pounced on a miscontrol by Donny, and tucked it home coolly. After that though, Donny's turned on the style. They needed some luck at first though, with rising's cross-cum-shot deflecting miserably into his own net, sending the keeper the wrong way. Three more goals followed, and it wrapped up a pleasing victory for Donny's team.

In my opinion, this partnership of GOKU and rising will be a duo to watch in the tournament. But the question in, for how long? Only time will tell.

Well, it's been a great first week of fixture in the inaugural Feed Me Haxball League. Much more of the same is to come, I'm sure. Now, I roundup about who achieved the best this week.

Goal of the week: deerhaunter99

His superb effort towards the end of the match grabbed a great winner for Jonny's team. It's worth watching a replay of it, and the keeper had no chance of saving it.

Best performer: GOKU

Scoring the most points, GOKU did well for himself, creating assists and chipping in with the goals himself

Shock of the week: When socrates team went 2-0 up against Jonny's in the absence of stalwart skipper himself, socrates. Jonny's team though, made amends of it

Thanks for reading this week's review of the weekend's games. Let's hope that this weekend's games will be just as entertaining.

Last edited by Guest on October 3rd, 2011, 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Matchday one review

Postby Maddude » October 3rd, 2011, 7:47 pm

Good review, but week one isn't over yet, still got Thursday's matches.
Other than that, I like your passion for this league :D

Co-Founder of Feed Me Community!
Maddude
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 4

Position: Goalkeeper
Division 1 Winner: Every time except once
Cup Runner-up: Never
Division 2 Winner: Just the once
Cup Winner: Every time

Postby Guest » October 3rd, 2011, 7:48 pm

lol, it's worth being passionate about :D

Postby Guest » October 3rd, 2011, 7:50 pm

So, do I have your go-ahead to become Vice Chairman, coordinator? I won't have any say on this current season, but from after, I'll be heavily involved with competitions

Postby Maddude » October 3rd, 2011, 7:55 pm

V-11 wrote:So, do I have your go-ahead to become Vice Chairman, coordinator? I won't have any say on this current season, but from after, I'll be heavily involved with competitions

Probably, still a long way to go till S2, stick to pm's for now dude.

Co-Founder of Feed Me Community!
Maddude
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 4

Position: Goalkeeper
Division 1 Winner: Every time except once
Cup Runner-up: Never
Division 2 Winner: Just the once
Cup Winner: Every time

Postby Alec Baldwin » October 3rd, 2011, 8:18 pm

Excellent read, man!

I have also tipped GOKU & Rising to forge a formidable partnership

Alec Baldwin

News Articles: 0

Postby deerhaunter94 » October 3rd, 2011, 9:10 pm

Good review but the last goal of Joony Vs Soc's game by me was not a cross at all, plainly a shot Image

deerhaunter94

News Articles: 0

Division 1 Winner: Season 1, Season 2
Cup Runner-up: Season 3

Postby socrates » October 3rd, 2011, 10:29 pm

V-11 wrote: deerhaunter99 scored a stunned cross-cum-shot

LOL

Honestly though, good review man, i love reading the reviews people do.

socrates

News Articles: 69

Return to Match Reports and Statistics