Post-Draft Review OMG OMG OMG NO WAY! ;)

Season 1 archives
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.Awards, This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.Match Reports and Statistics

Post-Draft Review OMG OMG OMG NO WAY! ;)

Postby Maddude » September 27th, 2011, 7:15 pm

So here we are again folks, this time I am joined by Mr.Ynnoj himself; Jonnyynnoj is a well known player in the community and will be sharing his opinions on the captains draft picks and the teams.

My thoughts: Blue
Jonny's thoughts: Green

This was the draft order as most of you did not see it:
Round 1:
1. Smiley
2. Donny
3. Cathalio
4. Jonny
5. Socrates
6. CircleBoy

Round 2:
1. CircleBoy
2. Socrates
3. Jonny
4. Cathalio
5. Donny
6. Smiley

Round 3:
1. Cathalio
2. Jonny
3. Smiley
4. Socrates
5. CircleBoy
6. Donny

Smileys picks:

With the first pick Smiley put it to great use guaranteeing himself a great defence in the cooking man Chef, this defence is formidable with any fairly good midfielder. Smileys midweek matches might have to be changed to Thursdays so he can get his second round pick Rachel able to play, but when she does play look out for her strong midfielding abilities to help this team to victory. Smiley’s third round pick was a surprise that this player had been left till this late, everyone says he’s not active much but he has been on loads more since joining FM.

With two star studded attackers and one of the top 3 defenders in the league this team is looking good but may fall apart in the midfield, I’ll be looking for Smiley to be responsible and sub himself off if he’s not playing well.

Group stage place prediction: 4th

Having first pick when you're not a defender is a huge bonus, so there were no surprises when smiley moved to acquire Chef. Chef is very capable in defence and provided he doesn't receive many lags spikes I can't see this team conceding much. Smiley's second pick was someone who is quite unknown on these forums having only joined recently, but from my own experience of seeing her play I think this is a very good pick. Smiley's last pick was Thor who I'm sure he'll be hoping can add some stability to the midfield and create some chances upfront.

Overall I think this team has the quality to finish high up the table, but might be lacking that extra edge that is needed to really push for 1st or 2nd place.

Group stage place prediction: 3rd

Donnys picks:

With second pick Donny went for the defender Alec Baldwin who was the only other standout defender left in the draft with most defenders being captains, Alec may leave a weak defence if he decides to roam forwards though but look for Donny to rein him in. With two late picks in round 2 and 3 Donny chose GOKU who is quite underrated and can midfield well as well as attack from what I’ve seen, he just needs to be online more. With last pick in the draft Donny still had plenty to choose from and picked Rising Star; a newcomer to FM but has proven that he can play well if he does not get a bit excited and nervous so Donny will have to calm him down and rein in Alec.

Donny will have to lead Deja by keeping them in control and disciplined to make sure they can perform their best.

Group stage place prediction: 6th

Like Smiley before him, Donny too was aware of how important a solid defence is, so he opted for defensive stalwart Alec Baldwin to keep the sheets clean. His second pick was GOKU who I think will be tasked with the job of scoring the goals with Donny playing the all-rounder role. Last pick was rising-star, who as relatively new member on these forums will be looking to show he has what it takes to feature in the 1st team.

Overall Donny has managed to assemble a team that has solid players in every area of the field. However, my gut feeling tells me that they don't have the quality needed to really push for one of the top spots. I'll say though, of all the teams, I think this is the one that could seriously prove me wrong.

Group stage place prediction: 5th

Caths picks:

With third overall pick and not having to choose a defender Cathalio was looking to cover midfield and forward with his first pick in Maddude over Deer to cover all the possibilities of the draft. For second round Cath picked opc who can play well at midfield and defence which adds more versatility to this team, opc just needs to be online more to make sure he gets the practice in with his team-mates though. With the first pick of the third round Cath chose Blazing which seemed questionable to some people but another player able to play multiple positions at Defence and Forward. He just needs to work on his passing in the oppositions half to make sure he doesn’t waste chances on easily saved shots.

This team has many different line-ups it can play and I will be looking for this team to practice in all line-ups to make sure they can switch up their playing style on the fly. Cathletico Mad-Dudes <3

Group stage place prediction: 3rd

Being a decent (being generous here) defender himself, Cath had plenty of options to choose from. He decided on Maddude who will no doubt be expected to score the goals. Cath's next two picks were opc and Blazing, both of which he's hoping will be able to keep the midfield tight, not only snuffing out chances but also helping to create them.

A very strong team and I can't see them finishing anywhere outside the top 3. They won't be conceding too many goals that's for sure, so as long as they can score at the other end they're going to be a tough team to beat.

Group stage place prediction: 2nd

Jonnys picks:

In the first round jonny chose the prestigious striker that all in FM have come to fear playing against, yes it is the man who haunts deers and shags sheeps, it is shim, DEERHAUNTER with some gay numbers on the end. His ability upfront will mean Jonny didn’t have to worry so much about the goal scoring and focus on building a solid defence and midfield to give Deer the service he needs to score dem goals bitchez. (Disclaimer: Rude words are rude; don’t read if you’re a gay.) With his second round pick he chose the only dead player in the league who has been rumoured to be over 9000 years old and was alive when they played haxball with sticks and stones, yes it is Ghost who is able to play a strong midfield and defence game, which means him and Jonny can switch around those two positions depending on how well each other are playing. To polish off this frightening team Jonny chose F1 who can play pretty much all positions but I’ll be looking for Jonny to put him upfront or at midfield to give the team moar firepowarrrrr.

This team is the league favourites to win the group stages on paper but the team will still need practice to make sure their play is tight; Deer will need good service, to make sure he helps out on the defence and not rely on his teammates to do all the work.

Group stage place prediction: 1st

My own team so I will try to be unbiased here. Obviously I have by far the best team.... Seriously though, I'm very happy with my team. I couldn't believe that someone of Deer's quality had not been one of the first 3 picks, but I suppose I owe it to luck that 2 of the captains before me needed defenders. One of the main reasons for picking Ghost was his impressive appearances in the short-lived cup after replacing Thor, so I'm hoping he'll be able to replicate that form in the league (no pressure ). My last pick, F1, is also a very competent player and I'm sure he can be a force on the pitch.

I believe my team to have the overall highest quality across the three areas of the pitch, so anything less than second place will be underachieving, although I fully expect us to finish 1st.

Group stage final place prediction: 1st

Socrates picks:

With Deer already picked Socrates went for the truant Ace who is an exceptional forward but needs to be on more to make sure his team is prepared for their league games. He has also got better since joining FM which is scary to think of, (Disclaimer 2: Any pee stains are not our fault, please report it to Ace). Socrates second round pick was a suprising one in Lloyd Banks as he is another forward and unproven but rumours say he is a good player, he hasn’t been seen since signing up for the league so Socrates may get another superstar sub like last time. The next player he picked (NavJuve) I was surprised that he had not been picked earlier as he has great potential with some coaching from Socrates to become the Defender/Midfielder they need to allow Socrates to not have to worry about weaknesses in either the defence or middle of the field.

This team has a great mix of old and new known players with a good balance of skill across the pitch, I’ll be looking for NavJuve to perform well this season and be one of the top defenders or a great midfielder by next season.

Group stage place prediction: 2nd

Recently Soc has completely transformed himself from a midfielder into a pretty solid GK/defender which of course gave him a lot of flexibility when deciding on his picks. With his first pick Soc went with someone to give his team a major threat upfront in the form of Ace, who will I'm sure will have his eyes set firmly on the prestigious top-scorer award. Soc's 2nd and 3rd picks were Lloyd Banks and Nav, who he'll be expecting the to keep the midfield as tight as possible.

On paper, quite a strong team. My only concern would be with regards to the activity of a some of these players, but if they are active, they should prove to be quite a force.

Group stage place prediction: 4th

CircleBoys picks:

With the double pick CircleBoy picked up the upcoming V-11 who has proven himself lately in FM exclusive rooms showing the threats he can create from the midfield or up-front positions. He will be more comfortable playing in midfield so CircleBoy will probably have him playing there. His other pick was the underrated forward, Aidan, a player thay may not be the best forward in FM but can pull off upset’s and relied on to score those much needed goals. His third round pick was Devinurdog, a newcomer to the scene but has some very good days and bad days quite on and off, if he rages he will drag his skill level down and his team with him.

CircleBoy and V-11 will be the main core of this team switching Dev and Aidan in and out to consistently switch up the teams playing style.

Group stage place prediction: 5th

Being a defender himself, CB was always looking to pick players able to do the job higher up the pitch and it was Aidan who he put faith in with his first pick. With his two other picks he chose V-11 and DEVINURDOG. On paper it looks as though these 3 will have the job of switching between midfield and attack wherever the opportunity arises.

This team should be quite solid at the back but going further forward im struggling to see where the goals are going to come from, though that's to be expected after the poor draft order that CB got. I can't see this team really challenging and I think it'll be between these and the leftovers to see who props up the table at the end of the season, but I think they'll manage to pip the leftovers to 6th place.

Group stage place prediction: 6th

The Leftovers:
The leftovers from the draft, you may think “oh there’ll do badly” but the team is still built up of solid players in Starfox, Joey, Griffin and play4fun. All these players aren’t bad and I would pick them over some of the players that are in other teams.

This team may pull off some upsets but look for them near the bottom of the table.

Group stage place prediction: 7th

An extra team created from those players who had no been selected, so I think it's fair to say we shouldn't expect much from this team. Starfox, Joey, Griffin and Play4fun were the first four to sign up out of the unpicked and so they make up what is currently known as the The Leftovers.

It's unfair to expect much of this team after it was created just to allow more people to play. Anything above last place will be a bonus for this team and it will be interesting to see if they can manage it. Maybe some will prove they should've been picked, but atm last place looks very likely.

Group stage final place prediction: 7th

Teams to look out for: Jonnys team, Socrates team, Circles Boy’s
Upcoming players to look out for: V-11, Blazing, NavJuve, Rachel
Old players to look out for: Deer, Ace, Jonny, Chef, Socrates, Cathalio

Teams to watch out for:
Well as I said before, I think Donny's team is the one that could do better than what I have predicted. On paper I think the prediction is about right, but if they gel together well on the pitch who knows what could happen?

Player to watch out for:
Not to add any pressure here but I think Rachel is the player who may surprise a few people. I'm not sure how many have seen her play, but if she can perform as well as I have seen, then smiley could well have made the signing of the season.

And finally the prediction table!
Writer Maddude Jonny
1. Jonnys Jonnys
2. Socrates Cathletico
3. Cathletico NWA
4. NWA Socrates
5. Circles Boy's Deja
6. Deja Circles Boy's
7. The Leftovers The leftovers

Thank you for reading and good luck to everyone in the league!

Co-Founder of Feed Me Community!
Maddude
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 4

Position: Goalkeeper
Division 1 Winner: Every time except once
Cup Runner-up: Never
Division 2 Winner: Just the once
Cup Winner: Every time

Re: Post-Draft Review OMG OMG OMG NO WAY! ;)

Postby Alec Baldwin » September 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Good stuff guys!!

And Joooonnnnyyyy fanciessss Racheeeel

Alec Baldwin

News Articles: 0

Postby noj » September 27th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Alec Baldwin wrote:And Joooonnnnyyyy fanciessss Racheeeel

Did I make it too obvious? :o

[16:09:57] @ fap : i wonder if chinese ppl are like fancy a chinese this weekend
<00:01:05> "fap" pokes you: lool bare ppl are faggots 'oh noo im retirin' bla bla
<23:06:38> "Pedy": im not a cunt nemore
noj
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 1

Position: Defensive Midfielder
Division 1 Winner: Season 1, Season 2
Cup Runner-up: Season 3, Season 5

Postby Ghost » September 27th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Very good write up, guys. Good stuff.

the only dead player in the league who has been rumoured to be over 9000 years old and was alive when they played haxball with sticks and stones

Haxball is actually the reason we invented fire. Warring players arguing over being offside used to sword fight with their sticks to settle any dubious decisions. Sparks were made, wood was alight, mammoth was roasted, job was done.

Ghost
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 8

Division 1 Winner: Season 1

Postby Maddude » September 27th, 2011, 8:12 pm

Ghost wrote:
Haxball is actually the reason we invented fire. Warring players arguing over being offside used to sword fight with their sticks to settle any dubious decisions. Sparks were made, wood was alight, mammoth was roasted, job was done.

Haxball invented fire which made electricity possible which made haxball possible today, therefore haxball created haxball, paradox much Image

Co-Founder of Feed Me Community!
Maddude
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 4

Division 1 Winner: Every time except once
Cup Runner-up: Never
Division 2 Winner: Just the once
Cup Winner: Every time

Postby Ghost » September 27th, 2011, 8:17 pm

Ghost
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 8

Division 1 Winner: Season 1

Postby Joey » September 27th, 2011, 10:59 pm

Very well done to the both of you. Good hard work and very detailed and accurate.

Think we'll come up short to challenge in this league although we'll give it our best shot and don't expect us to be the whipping boys to help your GD out. Image

My personal prediction:

1. Jonny
2. CircleBoy (Dark horse)
3. Donny's
4. Caths
5. Socrates
6. Smiley's
7. Leftovers :(

Joey

Postby CircleBoy » September 28th, 2011, 3:22 pm

I think we'll score more goals than you think, hes my prediction

1. CircleBoy
2. Who cares?
3. Who cares?
4. Who cares?
5. Who cares?
6. Who cares?
7. Who cares?

CircleBoy

News Articles: 2

Postby naby » September 28th, 2011, 4:07 pm

THANKS FOR THE PRESSURE JONNY

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

News Articles: 10

Division 2 Winner: Season 2

Postby Lloyd Banks » October 1st, 2011, 10:47 am

i hadn't been active but i will be from now on, and i'm loving our team. and i think it's good most people on here don't know who i am :D

Lloyd Banks
Rap Mod

Postby Aidan » October 1st, 2011, 12:48 pm

My team will we well aware of you lloyd and brilliant CB

Aidan

Division 1 Winner: Season 3
Division 2 Winner: Season 2

Postby CircleBoy » October 23rd, 2011, 8:27 pm

going further forward im struggling to see where the goals are going to come from

12-2

CircleBoy

News Articles: 2

Return to Season 1