HTML5

Moderator: Herna

Which mode you would prefer to be used in FM 4v4 League in the upcoming season?

Flash
89
51%
HTML5
87
49%
 
Total votes : 176

Re: HTML5

Postby WillYouReallyBeatME » April 12th, 2018, 11:21 pm

Go for something new and better! Random side fact: Glorious Barca will also skip next season ofc!
To my Haxball skills:
There is not much to say,
My skill is rather modest.
Some say "noob", other just bad. But some less times there is also positive feedback that there are even worser player.

<18:22:33> "Yawn1": barca is the nicest player EU to have in a team
User avatar
WillYouReallyBeatME
 
Posts: 300
News Articles: 2
Reputation: 918

Joined: March 29th, 2013, 9:00 pm
Location: Germany

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: HTML5

Postby Ferg » April 13th, 2018, 11:22 am

HTML is good yeah, but thats not the only reason for changing, if you look at pings - yeah they're greater but if u have 70 or even more is feeling like 117/130 in flash.
The gameplay feels smoother as well, but the physics is different to be honest. The skills will be gone as B4D 4SS said and it takes time to get used with the new mode.
Let's not forget that no one had complained about flash before HTML wasnt released so i don't know why you're crying so much.
3v3 season was great in the new mode yeah.
In my opinion we need more time to get used to HTML in the 3v3 season then think for change.
User avatar
Ferg
 
Posts: 46
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 65

Joined: January 25th, 2017, 5:03 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Position: Forward

Re: HTML5

Postby Soul » April 13th, 2018, 12:41 pm

How can you say that you need more time to "get used" with HTML when you are playing only FLASH.. That's why is better to announce a bit earlier, with 2-3 weeks before season start on which platform we play, so many players will know if they remain or leave, cuz there are so many guys who got issues with FLASH.. So if they announce in time, in 3 weeks + preseason cup you have enough time to "get used".
Image
Image
User avatar
Soul
 
Posts: 404
News Articles: 0
Betting Coins: 50
Reputation: 880

Joined: January 17th, 2015, 11:27 am

Position: Goalkeeper

Re: HTML5

Postby Lyreco » April 13th, 2018, 4:03 pm

Soul wrote: cuz there are so many guys who got issues with FLASH.. .


same with html tbh
Image
User avatar
Lyreco
 
Posts: 224
News Articles: 0
Betting Coins: 0
Reputation: 573

Joined: April 19th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Position: Forward

Re: HTML5

Postby Nocke » April 13th, 2018, 4:34 pm

The main reason people want to switch over to HTML5 is because of FPS lags, right?
This is something that can be easily fixed, and it's all in the choice of browser. While playing FLASH haxball on Chrome, I don't get any FPS lags but I do get this sensation that I'm being moved 1 step further for some reason. Mozilla feels the same. And before you say anything such as "Oh, you don't want to play HTML5 haxball because you've got a shit PC - it can't handle it." I actually have a rather beefy PC and two rather decently sized monitors, so you've no reason to say such.

I can't stand playing HTML5 haxball, it just doesn't feel like it's the same game when that's the purpose of it - to be the same game, but merely in a different 'format'. Now, I have not researched myself whether Basro will make HTML5 haxball the only haxball game playable in a few years, but I did have a couple of people saying that haxball.com will become HTML5 haxball, and that flash will have its own website, like HTML5 does now, maybe something like flash.haxball.com? :D

Now, I've mentioned that's it's all in the choice of browser - indeed, I've recently switched over to, believe it or not, Internet Explorer. Previously, I've used Microsoft Edge which rarely had FPS lags, but it did have some. I've then switched over to SeaMonkey, and as a person that prefers to play with the game zoomed in, it felt like heaven, not to mention that the gameplay felt a lot smoother as well, but this lasted only for a while. I started getting FPS lags on SeaMonkey too, so I thought maybe this was meant to be, turns out that going to the old, classic browser that is internet Explorer would fix both of my problems - successfully finding a browser that would zoom the actual flash player in and not the outer field, and also finding a browser that would provide absolutely no FPS lags.

Now, people can also argue that they want to switch over to HTML5 because it's newer, simple enough. As a person that has played HTML5 every other few days, and still continues to play HTML5 every other few days, I'm thinking to myself - why change something that works? From what I've seen in this thread, HTML5 actually seems like it's the worst out of the two. To quote, people lagging with 50 ping on HTML5 when 68 ping feels like heaven on Flash. B4D 4SS' argument - the 2 pixels which lead people to believe that they can get to the ball, but they actually can't most of the time. HTML5 makes me feel like it was made for disabled people, no joke, and no offense -- maybe that's too harsh, but it does feel that way, doesn't it? Flash Haxball is where you can show how good you truly are at the game, Flash Haxball is where you can be even more creative.

"Isn't more people being better at the game good, though? HTML5 brings that, so you have more competitiveness." I believe we already have competitiveness, the FM league has certainly been proving that successfully for the past 20+ seasons. Not to mention that this is the same as asking if one prefers quantity over quality. More people playing at a lower competitive level, or less people playing at a more competitive level. I'd prefer the latter - quality over quantity, right?

I'm sorry that I've probably written a book when I shouldn't've, but if you think that my point of view is wrong or that my opinions are wrong, feel free to criticise me. No hard feelings.
Nocke
 
Posts: 129
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 23

Joined: March 24th, 2017, 11:28 pm


Re: HTML5

Postby GQKU » April 13th, 2018, 6:35 pm

Create 2 leagues. 1 for normal people and 1 for disabled people. As a disabled person I have the right to compete against players like myself(see paralympics). It's totally unfair that our minority have to contest against the superior haxball race even tho everyone knows we are on a lost position from the start. Thank you.
User avatar
GQKU
 
Posts: 29
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 168

Joined: August 15th, 2013, 6:55 pm


Re: HTML5

Postby Falk » April 13th, 2018, 6:38 pm

LMFAO
Image
User avatar
Falk
 
Posts: 240
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 204

Joined: June 11th, 2016, 11:06 pm

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: HTML5

Postby WillYouReallyBeatME » April 13th, 2018, 8:58 pm

two leagues would be good, just improve the 3v3 to 4vs4 easy going!!!
To my Haxball skills:
There is not much to say,
My skill is rather modest.
Some say "noob", other just bad. But some less times there is also positive feedback that there are even worser player.

<18:22:33> "Yawn1": barca is the nicest player EU to have in a team
User avatar
WillYouReallyBeatME
 
Posts: 300
News Articles: 2
Reputation: 918

Joined: March 29th, 2013, 9:00 pm
Location: Germany

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: HTML5

Postby Herna » April 13th, 2018, 9:31 pm

GO team flash come follow me lets burn some HTMLers houses!!!
User avatar
Herna
 
Posts: 738
News Articles: 27
Betting Coins: 0
Reputation: 1306

Joined: May 5th, 2014, 12:49 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Arminia


Re: HTML5

Postby Nocke » April 14th, 2018, 2:23 am

Sarcasm is funny, probably the best thing in life ngl. Just to clear it up, the reason why I said it makes me feel like it was made for disabled people is because it made me feel like a disabled person while playing it, nothing more. I guess I might get used to it the more I play, but like I said, shouldn't the game feel the same way it does on flash? Isn't it meant to be the same game, just improved on the technical side, ping and what not?
Glad to see Flash still leading though. Hope it stays that way for the next couple of seasons too. :bounce:
Nocke
 
Posts: 129
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 23

Joined: March 24th, 2017, 11:28 pm


Re: HTML5

Postby huub » April 14th, 2018, 9:43 am

Im not really sure what to choose, i think keep integrating it would be more natural to do.
Making a decision right now would make lots of people leave on either side.

Maybe the cup games ? or keep the 3v3 league

flash feels better when its not having issues, most of the games i cant turn/move fast with my character, but sometimes randomly it does, and then it definatly feels nicer than html5
I hope Basro keeps tweaking the html5 a bit, because it definatly has the future
huub
 
Posts: 119
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 77

Joined: October 8th, 2012, 11:00 pm


Re: HTML5

Postby Soul » April 14th, 2018, 2:03 pm

Well I know it's a huge difference, but a good example would be CS:GO, when it appeared, was there any other MAJOR on CS 1.6 or CS:S? :D Same here, when HTML appeared and got fixed with the most important thing rec, we should move.. I know it's a huge difference, but is the same at all games, when a new version is coming out, there is no competition on the old one.. If HaxBall was on Steam, everyone had to play on HTML ;).
Image
Image
User avatar
Soul
 
Posts: 404
News Articles: 0
Betting Coins: 50
Reputation: 880

Joined: January 17th, 2015, 11:27 am

Position: Goalkeeper

Re: HTML5

Postby Kappa » April 14th, 2018, 2:28 pm

a good idea would be to leave all this game LMAO :bounce: :bounce: :bball: :bball:
Kappa
 
Posts: 9
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 1

Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 7:03 pm

Position: Forward

Re: HTML5

Postby Lyreco » April 14th, 2018, 3:13 pm

Kappa wrote:a good idea would be to leave all this game LMAO :bounce: :bounce: :bball: :bball:

no one will miss you
Image
User avatar
Lyreco
 
Posts: 224
News Articles: 0
Betting Coins: 0
Reputation: 573

Joined: April 19th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Position: Forward

Re: HTML5

Postby mlfaijati » April 14th, 2018, 8:38 pm

i think maybe if you find some way to prove to people that html is different from flash (different avatar size or whatever you said before) then people would decide that the original game (i.e.) flash is the one to stick to. maybe you could set up a macro of some kind to perform some action and show how it is different in html and flash?
FM record:

G.I. Joehans:
[s]Won Div 2 and Cup[/s] Got carried by Fritz.

ARRIBA!:
Got carried by jonny then disbanded the team.

NWA:
Came like 6th in Div 2B then disbanded the team.

The Real Rocknrolla:
When the going gets tough...

ACDP:
Benchride to title!

Overall:
A travesty.

User avatar
mlfaijati
 
Posts: 826
News Articles: 2
Reputation: 57

Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:00 am
Location: North London

Position: Defensive Midfielder
Division 2 Winner: Season 4
Cup Winner: Season 4

Re: HTML5

Postby OffSync » April 14th, 2018, 8:56 pm

mlfaijati wrote:i think maybe if you find some way to prove to people that html is different from flash...


But its not, even Basro confirmed it. The physics are the same. The only difference is in the netcode, and it only got better:

Basro wrote: html5's WebRTC has considerable advantages over what is available in flash RTMFP.
In flash network events are handled in sync with the screen updates. Meaning that when a network message arrives it might add 1/60th of a second of additional latency before my code even gets to see it. This happened in both the host and the client so it would add about 33msecs of lag. In html5 my code is notified immediately when a new message has arrived.
There's some other advantages of webrtc, like supporting multiple data channels with different message reliability. But they aren't as significant as the message latency fix.
HaxBall netcode itself is also improved in ways unrelated to WebRTC or RTMFP, these improvements also reduce latency and make the netplay more stable when there's lag spikes or packet loss.


Have you ever played html5? Its a lot better and smoother and you can tell its the same game.
OffSync
 
Posts: 56
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 169

Joined: April 5th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: HTML5

Postby wroz » April 18th, 2018, 4:59 pm

y'all are just scared of FLAMES becoming the best team on html, just admit it finally :roll:
User avatar
wroz
 
Posts: 49
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 39

Joined: January 27th, 2014, 3:48 pm


Re: HTML5

Postby Tortogol » April 18th, 2018, 10:59 pm

I play on Windows XP, html5 doesn't work. Do you really want the best player to retire?
Tortogol
 
Posts: 51
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 65

Joined: June 30th, 2013, 10:22 pm

Position: Forward

Re: HTML5

Postby Muris 9 » April 19th, 2018, 5:09 am

Tortogol wrote:I play on Windows XP, html5 doesn't work. Do you really want the best player to retire?


YES!! ggbb
Muris 9
 
Posts: 463
News Articles: 0
Betting Coins: 50
Reputation: 344

Joined: May 18th, 2013, 4:11 am

Position: Forward

Re: HTML5

Postby lsco » April 19th, 2018, 10:20 am

Tortogol wrote:I play on Windows XP, html5 doesn't work. Do you really want the best player to retire?

Oh man.. flash haxball on win XP , thats the dream :no:
lsco
 
Posts: 137
News Articles: 0
Betting Coins: 170
Reputation: 320

Joined: January 11th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Position: Defensive Midfielder

PreviousNext

Return to Season 22

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests