switch to HTML5 as soon as possible
53%
stick with flash for now
47%

Total votes : 143

Re: HTML5

Postby einkaufswagen » April 6th, 2018, 9:04 pm

OffSync wrote:
socrates wrote:Didn't basro already state that he isn't "shutting down" flash?

He is just moving HTML to haxball.com but the flash version will still be available on a different domain

http://html5.haxball.com/about.html

"In the future this version will become just "HaxBall" and the flash version will be shut down."

I'm afraid he will shut flash down since flash is obsolete. I dont know what you guys expct but it's like holding onto Netscape Navigator as a browser... Time to move on.

I believe that when Basro started html5 alpha, he planned to shut down flash eventually. However, he changed his mind in the process and just didn't bother to change the outdated info on haxball.com.
I would rather trust what he recently posted on github and assume that there will be a subdomain which will host the flash version.

einkaufswagen

News Articles: 0

Postby Whiplash » May 15th, 2018, 2:15 am

Whiplash

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Herna » May 15th, 2018, 8:26 am

that cute new starting page :)

Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby Wenom » May 15th, 2018, 11:04 am

By the way, a good intro before game lobby is very good, the game looks more presentable for newbee players :popcorn:

Wenom

Postby lsco » May 15th, 2018, 11:47 am

I've received this email from "haxhost":

we have recently noticed difficulties with opening rooms containing the HTML5 version. Soon after we've started our investigation and came to a conclusion that Basro made the limits to, not only the amount of public rooms we can open, but also to the amount of private rooms we can open (this applies only to HTML5 version for private rooms) - bravo Basro! This is causing that weird issue with links not being able to generate.
We've confirmed this with Basro himself. He did say that he will lift the limits, but he did not give an ETA.

At the moment there is nothing we can do on our side, so you have to bare with us until we get through this. The plan is to bother Basro long enough until he decides to make a few changes to his code in order to raise the limits imposed.

We appreciate your patience, rest assured we will notify you once the issue is resolved (hopefully soon enough!).

With regards,
Your HaxHost Administration team.

I didn't have the chance to test my host yesterday.. does anyone know anything about it?

lsco

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby socrates » May 15th, 2018, 11:58 am

The limits are there to stop people creating infinite rooms to ddos haxball. How many rooms are even needed on a single server?

Also am I the only one that morally thinks its a bit wrong for people trying make money out of haxball? Have 1 server, create 10 rooms and charge 10 people for it. Guess people can spend their money how they like so no problem Would be nice to think that the people doing this give some donations to basro, I doubt it though.

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby saviola » May 15th, 2018, 12:02 pm

Yeah, I think he should keep the limit.

saviola

Postby jasko » May 15th, 2018, 12:20 pm

Well I ran into this problem in HTML some time ago, the limit is set at 5 rooms, the 6th won't generate a room link anymore, but at the same time, why would anyone want to spend 10€ on a server when you can rent your own vps for 3-4€ from legitimate, well known hosting providers online?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

Postby saviola » May 15th, 2018, 12:25 pm

Because most people don't have the technical knowledge to set up a graphical environment etc. on a 3-4€ VPS? Or maybe it's just intimidating in general, choice of distribution etc., or they are unsure whether the VPS will work for Haxball.

Maybe we should go ahead and post some kind of guide/manual which includes some well known VPS providers and packages which will work, with instructions on how to get it all working.

saviola

Postby Sero07 » May 15th, 2018, 12:28 pm

You would be never so nice in Pablo savi with this bully hannes who will probably edit or delete my comment. :D
But thats a great idea. Now just someone has to do it.

Sero07

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby lsco » May 15th, 2018, 12:32 pm

jasko wrote:Well I ran into this problem in HTML some time ago, the limit is set at 5 rooms, the 6th won't generate a room link anymore, but at the same time, why would anyone want to spend 10€ on a server when you can rent your own vps for 3-4€ from legitimate, well known hosting providers online?

tbh your right, im being stupid for paying that price over haxball host, its also annoying that when there is a problem with that host you cant really fix it yourself.. im probably gonna move to a cheaper vps .. any suggestions? :D

lsco

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Herna » May 15th, 2018, 12:33 pm

jasko rescue us

Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby socrates » May 15th, 2018, 12:58 pm

Using headless host (HERE) even the cheapest and most basic vps should work on HTML really. But I agree a guide would be great if someone could do that.

socrates

Postby lajz » May 15th, 2018, 12:59 pm

You can always buy the host from me for 8 euro, I started doing it on my own because haxhost was sometimes shit for me :)
A few FM teams are using it and they didn't have any problems with weird pings or stuff like that.

lajz

Postby jasko » May 15th, 2018, 2:03 pm

@socrates I tried a few cloud vps where u can pay hourly and/or cheap vps and I must say most don't work good enough :s

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

Postby socrates » May 15th, 2018, 2:09 pm

jasko wrote:@socrates I tried a few cloud vps where u can pay hourly and/or cheap vps and I must say most don't work good enough :s

Fair enough. I doubt its due to CPU on headless then, must be something else causing the problem on these vps.

That being said I still think there are cheaper solutions for most people and it seems like some people are taking advantage of others in order to try to make a little bit of extra money. But no one is forced to do it, so its up to them I guess.

socrates

Postby OffSync » May 22nd, 2018, 2:02 pm

haxhost scammers wrote:bravo Basro!

Guy sells a hundreth of a server for 10 eur per month but blames Basro for limiting the threads per cpu to prevent DDOS. What a time we live in!

OffSync

Postby bobo_cro » May 28th, 2018, 3:58 pm

OffSync wrote:
haxhost scammers wrote:bravo Basro!

Guy sells a hundreth of a server for 10 eur per month but blames Basro for limiting the threads per cpu to prevent DDOS. What a time we live in!

Please educate yourself before writing some stupid shit like that.

bobo_cro

Postby OffSync » May 29th, 2018, 4:48 pm

bobo my friend, if your vps can't handle a game with 300 lines of haxe codes you are ripping people off. End of story.

OffSync

Postby bobo_cro » May 31st, 2018, 2:37 pm

OffSync wrote:bobo my friend, if your vps can't handle a game with 300 lines of haxe codes you are ripping people off. End of story.

Once again you have no idea what you're talking about dude. Please stop. Or scroll up and educate yourself about the ACTUAL issue with my hosting.

To everyone else who knows whats going on, we are developing a bot for the headless host which should , hopefully , resolve all the issues.
ALSO , if you're having issues with your room please open a support ticket and we'll switch you to a less populated host (if available).
I don't normally write in these forums, but, well Off you made me do it - and I don't mean to insult you, just read the thread before posting in it the answer is right above you bud.

bobo_cro

PreviousNext

Return to League Discussion