Barca's Room

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Barca's Room

Postby Barca » February 13th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Hello guys, after i had legendary moments here i think its time to create a thread made by only real Barca alive. Here i will post good, constructive, useful and easy going ideas what can help to not get FUCKED UP so often as I of course always want to improve things.

1st thing to get FUCKED UP (already said it somewhere randomly): Over the years I had many different and great smartphones where every loss has his own history. But it doesnt matter which smartphone I used I always had to change to horizontal format when i wanted to see who gave reputation. I know its not so important at all, but maybe its easy to fix as I never saw anyone else saying it and its kinda annoying in my opinion.

2nd thing: This is where every single person I met was always in worst FUCKED UP situation. You registered for a funcup and are thankful for every admin and supporter created and prepared it and then there comes the time where the funcup should start, but all you have to do is waiting for half an hour until cup begins. To solve this issue organisers probably could set the end of registration 15mins in front of the official starting time. This 15mins could be used for finding last teams to fill all groups and also make the group stage. Dont know if it can work, but dont have a better idea.
Another thing which I first forgot is that funcups if possible also should get played on same day. So in best case try to let them start around 20 CET and then it should work easily.

3rd thing: Whenever i want to check hcl or national team tournaments there is like always a new site what makes it kinda impossible to check them when you want to and know who when won a tournament. Its no hard thing to make possible, so best league of all leagues can help out and create a list of big tournaments. And please in future stay on one site longer :)

HCL edition 9 to 14: http://haxball-champions.ml/forumdisplay.php?fid=54
HCL edition 15: http://cl.haxballeu.com

Nations Cup 2017 (big easy): http://nc.haxballeu.com
ESL 2017/2018: https://play.eslgaming.com/haxball/global/haxball/open/league/nations-challenge-2017-playoff-europe/rankings/

4th thing: Start site of FM doesn't get updated. Not so important, but in particular when people come back from a break of haxball it would be nice to have a great overview of important and entertaining stuff posted in this forum. While the time I got news that people should first add article on news site and then write to an admin that they will post it... if not doing it the probablity is high that it gets lost and no one checks it.

5th thing: Making it possible to predict games for the whole season. The positive effects would be that you dont randomly miss a matchday because you one week are not active and do other things instead or having holidays, etc... or in the end just forgot it. How it is now it loses a bit of its entertainment and tension if only around 5(-10?) players predict every matchday of a complete season, what makes it a bit less enjoyable in my opinion (undeserved).

6th thing: After announcing that there will be only one streamed match per matchday it is in my opinion better to stream at least the top match of Feed Me - and that is in my opinion the most thrilling match on that day. To come on point it means that matches between the top teams in 1st Division should get a preference. For sure this doesn't mean that they always have to get streamed, as for example there are also interesting battles like Pablo vs TuT (kinda only Derby alive nowadays) or matches in 2nd division when it goes about promotion. But especially now when we have the most amount of great teams playing in one division we should use this power.

7th thing (copied of Herna):
In future 1 night cups should always finish on one day please :) and lets give teams some kind of deadlines to play their matches, if we wait 30 mins for one game to finish then just give one or both a defloss, rather that than having 8 teams waiting forever.

more to come when time is right & feel free to share your opinion!

Last edited by Barca on March 11th, 2018, 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barca

News Articles: 4

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Re: Barca's Room

Postby Herna » February 13th, 2018, 7:46 pm

shut up everything is perfect theres no reason to change things that are perfect. barca = stupid

Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby Sero07 » February 13th, 2018, 10:43 pm

Stream the TuT-Pablo Derby!! :sheep:

Sero07

News Articles: 0

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Vidalo » February 14th, 2018, 12:03 am

Sero07 wrote:Stream the TuT-Pablo Derby!! :sheep:

:thumbup: I want to see you on stream Sero :mani:

Vidalo

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby socrates » February 14th, 2018, 11:19 am

WillYouReallyBeatME wrote:4th thing: Start site of FM doesn't get updated. Not so important, but in particular when people come back from a break of haxball it would be nice to have a great overview of important and entertaining stuff posted in this forum. While the time I got news that people should first add article on news site and then write to an admin that they will post it... if not doing it the probablity is high that it gets lost and no one checks it.

This is something I'd definitely like to see FM do better with. The problem is what kind of news posts do people want on the homepage? Just showing and image of next stream matches like we did in past isn't really that useful I guess.

Something that might be quite nice is a kind of Weekly Review. This could be split into different sections such as: Few comments on the best game(s) of the Week, Transfer News, Best Forum Threads etc.

As you said already the homepage is free for anyone to add articles. So would be nice if anyone wanted to do this - I've too many jobs already so don't think I'd have time.

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby TehBeast » February 14th, 2018, 1:09 pm

socrates wrote:
WillYouReallyBeatME wrote:4th thing: Start site of FM doesn't get updated. Not so important, but in particular when people come back from a break of haxball it would be nice to have a great overview of important and entertaining stuff posted in this forum. While the time I got news that people should first add article on news site and then write to an admin that they will post it... if not doing it the probablity is high that it gets lost and no one checks it.

This is something I'd definitely like to see FM do better with. The problem is what kind of news posts do people want on the homepage? Just showing and image of next stream matches like we did in past isn't really that useful I guess.

Something that might be quite nice is a kind of Weekly Review. This could be split into different sections such as: Few comments on the best game(s) of the Week, Transfer News, Best Forum Threads etc.

As you said already the homepage is free for anyone to add articles. So would be nice if anyone wanted to do this - I've too many jobs already so don't think I'd have time.

I always liked reading interviews and seeing other people's vision on the league and certain teams.

Back when Haxtrick was relevant (and also the first few seasons of FM), there would be a preview for every matchday which I also enjoyed reading. Sometimes there would be a review of an interesting match (http://fm-haxball.co.uk/article-deja-vs ... ew-12.html) that made the league unique from other leagues. I still think the league is superior to every other 4v4 league, but I also agree with Barca the league should stay innovative on some points.

I think the admins are doing a great job in general and without the current admin team, FM would become a complete mess, but on the aspect of 'Change' or 'Tweak' to improve the league even more, the admins slack a bit. For example, last year I did a suggestion to take a look at the way statistics are shown on the homepage (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6946). I still think implementing this is a good addition to the statistics/home page in general, but unfortuantely nothing has been done with it ever since I created the topic. I have many other ideas (some of which Barca pointed out) that require little effort, but might be helpful for the league, but there is no point in working them out if the admin team isn't interested in community feedback.

TehBeast

Postby socrates » February 14th, 2018, 1:28 pm

Some ideas sound easy but are not always. The problem as well is that admins are overworked but its always really hard to find volunteers. It would be great to do everything that is suggested but admins can only do so much and need help from the community too. For example if someone else organised fantasy haxball or someone else helped stream then I could spend more time working on the improvements suggested to homepage and stats etc.

The idea you suggested is actually a bit awkward to implement. It can be done ofc but since we already record cs and you can judge how well a gk plays also through the table or through fantasy hax stats then it doesn't seem like an essential change atm.

Don't feel like you shouldn't give community feedback though - its always valued and I will try to do the things I can.

socrates

Postby Herna » February 14th, 2018, 8:28 pm

i think any things that come weekly (like weekly match preview or stuff) are quite bad to do, in the end it becomes less and less fun to do for anyone, and then also the content becomes boring.

But it happened already that i was bored and wrote stuff like that were fun, for example when we had really interesting title fight, that would be a thing the news are good for, but i dont know if the news are thattt interesting, because mostly people would just make forum posts and people would check the "latest forum posts section", which could be bigger or better, as it could maybe preview what is written kind of, or whatever i dont know.
The stuff on the right side of starting page is in general quite interesting with latest transfers and stuff and you always have to scroll and so on, would rather do other things at the left side, maybe show the latest GOTW-video which was posted, small tables of both divisionis (as we have when we click on one team in bottom left) and maybe just one smaller section with admin announcements.

Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby socrates » March 30th, 2018, 3:33 pm

WillYouReallyBeatME wrote:5th thing: Making it possible to predict games for the whole season. The positive effects would be that you dont randomly miss a matchday because you one week are not active and do other things instead or having holidays, etc... or in the end just forgot it. How it is now it loses a bit of its entertainment and tension if only around 5(-10?) players predict every matchday of a complete season, what makes it a bit less enjoyable in my opinion (undeserved).

This is now possible - let me know if you find any problems!

Thanks for the advice and sorry it took a while before I could get this done :thumbup:

socrates

Postby Barca » March 30th, 2018, 6:34 pm

Barca army overtaking!

Barca

News Articles: 4

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby jalapeno » March 30th, 2018, 6:49 pm

:thumbup:
jalapeno

News Articles: 1

Division 1 Winner: Season 5

Postby jasko » March 31st, 2018, 8:25 am

I publicly ask Barca to come back to actively playing official games for IFK!

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby socrates » April 14th, 2018, 2:03 pm

Another small change to predictions so that the predictions are hidden until the predictions get locked on the matchday. This stops the person leading just doing similar predictions of the person in 2nd so that they can stay ahead. Thanks to Tornatter for the suggestion. :thumbup:

socrates

Postby NaNi » May 7th, 2018, 9:50 pm

I have another note for the FM-Site. If you publish the result of a game, there are always goals, assists or owngoal entered. Maybe you could also add CleanSheets and players who played in this game to the published result that we can see who played at this match :thumbup:

NaNi

Position: Forward

Return to General Haxball Discussion