Cup semi-finals weekend preview

Moderator: Result Mod

Cup semi-finals weekend preview

Postby Guest » January 27th, 2012, 5:15 pm

Well, this is it! This is really it. It is the cup semi-finals weekend! We''l see the true determination and grit of all semi-finalists this weekend, which should be a great community spectacle for others who are watching. With a place in that prestigious final in two weeks time at stake, it is sure to be quite a weekend...

Semi-Final 1
NWA vs MasterChefs

A mouth-watering tie in the first of two semi-finals. Chef will be against his old foes at NWA, although only the captain mc smiley remains there from his playing days of last season. NWA defeated ARRIBA and Bayern Neverlosin in the group stages to progress to this stage of the cup, and they've followed it up with a 5-1 win against Socerettes yesterday. It looks like there will be a lineup of Cookies in goal, mc smiley up top with any one of Lekumberri, Fabregas or J.Mata in the middle. Meanwhile MasterChefs enter this semi final after a draw against CircleBoy's and a 3-2 win against the Socerettes. They're also heading into this game on the back of a 3-2 win against AC Dead People. As part of the team myself, I won't be commenting on what to expect from the MasterChefs or indeed the key player of any team for this encounter.

Semi-Final 2
Bombay Badboys vs Cathletico Maddudes

It's second and third from division 1 in semi-final two, as a formidable Bombay Badboys team look to play a very solid Cathletico Maddudes side. Bombay Badboys have somewhat miraculously came out of the group stages and into the semi-finals, having at first lost their way against Deadly Monkeys. They beat AC Dead People 4-1 in their second group game and even then they could only wait and hope for AC Dead People to eventually beat Deadly Monkeys 3-1. On the other hand, Cathletico Maddudes strolled through there group to progress to the semi-finals, after wins of 6-0 and 5-1 against Action Men and Shock Tactix respectively. They have not conceded for quite a while either. Ironically, the two teams played each other in the most recent league fixtures, with the result being a 0-0 draw. If a repeat of that is to come, then we could be in for a long ride. For me, the key men here are rising-star, who will be looking to unlock the Cathletico Maddudes back line, and Cathlalio, who will be ever present once again in the Cathletico Maddudes goal.

I think we should be in for an enthralling yet nerve-wracking set of semi-finals this weekend in the ARRIBABIAS cup. Don't rule out the possibility of a long-winded wait for a Golden Goal either, which would be extraordinary. So we shall look forward to see just what the semi-finals of the inaugral Feed Me cup will bring out of all those involved. See you at the excitement on Sunday night!

Return to Archives