Cup weekend preview

Moderator: Result Mod

Cup weekend preview

Postby Guest » January 6th, 2012, 5:50 pm

This season's well underway now, after a few games and a festive break, and we enter full swing soon. Season 2's definitely been an upgrade in class - not only the teams, but the quality of play and spirit. So far, the league campaigns in both leagues have been looking very intense. But this weekend is time for action in the second lot of games in the cup.

One set of matches have already taken place in the cup, with some tasty ties taking place. That will be even more so this weekend, as some teams play their final group games, whilst others enter the cup action. So, I'd like to take some time out to share my perspective of what you can expect this weekend...

Group A: Bayern Neverlosin vs ARRIBA

There's been a contrast in fortunes this season between the teams, as Bayern Neverlosin have done well in the league, but off the field relationships have not been the best. ARRIBA on the other hand, have been flying high at the top of division 1. However, they face a rather mammoth task in the cup. Because even if they win, NWA can progress to the next round by avoiding defeat to Neverlosin. Key players for me in this game will be Locke, who will be eager to gather his team together and put in a good display, and deerhaunter, who'll be looking to get the goals for ARRIBA that could get ARRIBA through on goal difference.

Group B: AC Dead People vs Bombay Badboys

A fiery encounter in Group B this weekend, a group that is probably the most intense. AC Dead People have proven themselves in their league campaign so far, currently second, and their devastating attack was epitomized by yesterday's 6-1 win against Bayern Neverlosin. However, Bombay Badboys will be eager to get a win in here. GOKU and rising's partnership should be looking to pay dividends, as anything can happen in the encounter between AC and Deadly Monkeys later on in the cup. In this game, the key men will probably be both goalkeepers - Usopp and Cheese. With both teams looking to attack at all times, both goalkeepers will have to be on their toes to keep each other at bay.

Group C: CircleBoys vs Socerettes

A very tasty match to be played in Group C, with the CircleBoys having just beaten a strong Socerettes side 2-1 in the league. In terms of morale, the CircleBoys will be on the up due to that win. A solid goalkeeper Vargo, a proven goalscorer from different positions in DEVINURDOG coupled with great new signings of Fergy and DDS has certainly set them up well for the remainder of the season, and they will be going into the game on the front foot. Socerettes haven't had the best of seasons so far, and not much has quite come to fruition for them yet. As many people have said, they are the best team on paper, but they've not gelled quite so much. However, they can pick themselves up with a good result here, following a slight alteration in players with saviola replacing Kaka. In my opinion, the key men in this game will be both Vargo and DEVINURDOG to get the team firing, and socrates, who'll be responsible for picking the Socerettes up.

Group D: Shock Tactix vs Cathletico Maddudes

In group D on Sunday, there promises to be a chance of a "Shock". Shock Tactix have been rather unfortunate so far, losing all their games and sitting at the bottom of the table. This week, they've replaced thor91 with OvoXo. A contrast in fortunes have Cathletico Maddudes though, who have made a vast improvement from last season, and have just beaten NWA 7-2. PoppyDan is also a good new acquisition to the team. It could either be a great shock win for Shock Tactix, or Cathletico Maddudes comfortably progressing to the next round. I see the key players here being OvoXo, looking to make his mark at his new team, and Maddude, who would like to add to his goal tally with this opportunity.

So, we've got an enthralling second weekend of cup action lined up ahead of us, and it's certain to be a cracker. I look forward to enjoying my matchday off, and witness with you all a great weekend of cup action. Thanks for reading then, and goodbye for now!

Re: Cup weekend preview

Postby aeRo » January 6th, 2012, 6:37 pm

Nice analysis V, great read! :)
aeRo
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 0

Postby Guest » January 6th, 2012, 6:55 pm

Cheers lol

Postby Mick » January 6th, 2012, 7:30 pm

Nicely written v